Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Microsoft Office 19:24 - Feb 11 with 6016 viewsJackfath

Anyone know where I can get a copy of it for free so it works without an activation code? The functionality of the cloud version is doing my head in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Microsoft Office on 19:28 - Feb 11 with 4243 viewsjack2jack

Try this
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-office-software
Microsoft Office on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 4209 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 19:28 - Feb 11 by jack2jack

Try this
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/free-office-software

Thanks. That links to the Office online cloud based suite. I was after the other kind.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Microsoft Office on 20:00 - Feb 11 with 4185 viewsGowerjack

Is there not an educational deal you can take advantage of?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Microsoft Office on 20:01 - Feb 11 with 4184 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 20:00 - Feb 11 by Gowerjack

Is there not an educational deal you can take advantage of?

There is. I was wondering if anyone had a better option.

Microsoft Office on 20:02 - Feb 11 with 4179 viewsjack2jack

Microsoft Office on 19:49 - Feb 11 by Jackfath

Thanks. That links to the Office online cloud based suite. I was after the other kind.

Oops,
Microsoft Office on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 4163 viewsKing_Ribena

I’m not an expert on the cloud / non cloud versions but the mrs has logged into her school ID on our home laptop if that’s an option?
Microsoft Office on 20:14 - Feb 11 with 4146 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 20:07 - Feb 11 by King_Ribena

I’m not an expert on the cloud / non cloud versions but the mrs has logged into her school ID on our home laptop if that’s an option?

She wouldn't be happy if I used her ID most probably. I can get onto the cloud version.

Microsoft Office on 20:19 - Feb 11 with 4128 viewsKing_Ribena

Microsoft Office on 20:14 - Feb 11 by Jackfath

She wouldn't be happy if I used her ID most probably. I can get onto the cloud version.

I thought you would have a similar account through your school.
Login to get fewer ads

Microsoft Office on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 4124 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 20:19 - Feb 11 by King_Ribena

I thought you would have a similar account through your school.

Yes, I have.

Microsoft Office on 20:28 - Feb 11 with 4099 viewsjack2jack

I remember when I bought the 2010 version it was licenced to be used on 3 separate PCs, ask around see if someone will lend you a copy.Failing this you'll be looking at a cracked version, which is not legal.
Microsoft Office on 20:32 - Feb 11 with 4090 viewsKing_Ribena

Microsoft Office on 20:20 - Feb 11 by Jackfath

Yes, I have.

Ah, so that’s the cloud version?
Microsoft Office on 20:44 - Feb 11 with 4072 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 20:32 - Feb 11 by King_Ribena

Ah, so that’s the cloud version?

Yes.

Microsoft Office on 22:11 - Feb 11 with 3980 viewsThursday

I thought you could still use it offline.
N/A. on 00:46 - Feb 12 with 3901 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Microsoft Office on 01:54 - Feb 12 with 3887 viewsEbo

https://www.google.co.uk/docs/about/

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Microsoft Office on 06:04 - Feb 12 with 3850 viewswaynekerr55

Microsoft Office on 19:49 - Feb 11 by Jackfath

If the school has office 365 you should be able to download word etc. on up to 5 devices if my memory serves me correctly.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Microsoft Office on 08:57 - Feb 12 with 3790 viewsShaky

I fondly recall the days when I had to fork out several hundred quid every couple of years to upgrade to the latest version of Office Professional.

But thanks to an imperial edict issued from those meddling Brussels EU tyrants, tech companies have been forced to unbundle software licenses from computers.

As a result there is an active secondary market in software unbundled from scrapped corporate pcs, and prices have collapsed on operating systems and office software.

Unless you for some reason need the absolute latest version, have a look on eBay and you should be able to pick up an activation code for Office Pro 2013 or later for £3-4; not free but as good as.

They then typically provide a download link for the installation package, but it is possible to find unactivated installation packages from official sources floating around the net if you are worried about malware.

I have bought several licenses and they work fine, and attract microsoft updates normally.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:05]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Microsoft Office on 12:28 - Feb 12 with 3697 viewsLord_Bony

Microsoft Office on 08:57 - Feb 12 by Shaky

I fondly recall the days when I had to fork out several hundred quid every couple of years to upgrade to the latest version of Office Professional.

But thanks to an imperial edict issued from those meddling Brussels EU tyrants, tech companies have been forced to unbundle software licenses from computers.

As a result there is an active secondary market in software unbundled from scrapped corporate pcs, and prices have collapsed on operating systems and office software.

Unless you for some reason need the absolute latest version, have a look on eBay and you should be able to pick up an activation code for Office Pro 2013 or later for £3-4; not free but as good as.

They then typically provide a download link for the installation package, but it is possible to find unactivated installation packages from official sources floating around the net if you are worried about malware.

I have bought several licenses and they work fine, and attract microsoft updates normally.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:05]

Is it possible to get activation codes for Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 by this method.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Microsoft Office on 12:37 - Feb 12 with 3685 viewsShaky

Microsoft Office on 12:28 - Feb 12 by Lord_Bony

Is it possible to get activation codes for Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 by this method.

Absolutely, similar sort of price too.

Have brought at least 10 Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro licences and all working just fine.

I use a lot of virtualisation for software projects, and it is often more convenient to buy a new license than to recylce an old installation, at negligible cost.

I am not going to recommend any specific vendors becasue they change rapidly and you never know exactly what you are getting, but I have never had any problems with the actual installation, even when I have been alerted by eBay a few days after purchase that it may be dodgy.

Just make sure you have your project ready to go and can activate the license within a day or two of delivery.

Edit: . . and then run microsoft update repeatedly when done to make sure you embed the license to you hardware (or virtual environment)
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 12:42]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Microsoft Office on 12:51 - Feb 12 with 3670 viewsjedijack

I bought office 2016 pro plus for just under £20 last month. Got it from nokeys.com. They seem to be out of stock at the moment but similar prices can be had here:

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-microsoft-office-2016-professional-plus-cd-ke

I used Libreoffice for years, it's compatible with all of the office file formats and I rate it really highly. Only bought Microsoft office when I was a bit pissed and feeling flush. :)
Microsoft Office on 12:56 - Feb 12 with 3666 viewsShaky

Microsoft Office on 12:51 - Feb 12 by jedijack

I bought office 2016 pro plus for just under £20 last month. Got it from nokeys.com. They seem to be out of stock at the moment but similar prices can be had here:

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-microsoft-office-2016-professional-plus-cd-ke

I used Libreoffice for years, it's compatible with all of the office file formats and I rate it really highly. Only bought Microsoft office when I was a bit pissed and feeling flush. :)

Don't know that site, but to me it just seems a safer bet to use eBay, as you can always fall back on the item 'not as described' claim, and you will get it sorted out for certain if there is any sort of problem.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Microsoft Office on 20:25 - Feb 12 with 3493 viewsJackfath

This sort of thing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Office-2016-Professional-Plus-For-Windows-L

Microsoft Office on 20:29 - Feb 12 with 3482 viewsFlashberryjack

Microsoft Office on 20:25 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

This sort of thing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Office-2016-Professional-Plus-For-Windows-L

Are they any good Fath ? may be needing one myself soon.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Microsoft Office on 20:30 - Feb 12 with 3478 viewsdickythorpe

FFS!!!! There's money to be made here!!!!! JACFATH is rolling in lolly with the dough he's put in his sky rocket after flogging them RADIO 1 tickets.

SELLL, SELL, FECKING SELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Microsoft Office on 20:34 - Feb 12 with 3474 viewsJackfath

Microsoft Office on 20:29 - Feb 12 by Flashberryjack

Are they any good Fath ? may be needing one myself soon.

I'm not sure, never considered them before they were mentioned in this thread.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024