Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tightest finish to a season ? 22:09 - Feb 11 with 6506 viewsSS2013

I think this is going to go down to the last game, goal difference the lot. It's incredible we've been On such a good run and we're still very much in for a dog fight.

I guess that shows how far off the pace we were with Clement ?

Were going to hit a tricky patch surely ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:21 - Feb 11 with 6468 viewsmax936

We probably will have a sticky patch the laws of averages will see to that, its how we react to it that matters though, well Carlo and the players, yesterday we saw that Carlo can adapt things so its looks positive at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:21 - Feb 11 with 6472 viewssainthelens

It's bloody annoying how far back Clement put us, we may just about get away with it. If we do, then a massive " big up" to the players and the Jackal. If we don't then the the anger and frustration at Clement and Jenkins will be off the scale. To think we were so negative for so long, and with the same players we are looking a different team. Personally, I think we'll be safe.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 6437 viewsLandore_Jack

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:21 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

It's bloody annoying how far back Clement put us, we may just about get away with it. If we do, then a massive " big up" to the players and the Jackal. If we don't then the the anger and frustration at Clement and Jenkins will be off the scale. To think we were so negative for so long, and with the same players we are looking a different team. Personally, I think we'll be safe.

Jenkins wanted rid of Clement earlier into the season. It was the Americans which said no.

#backtojack

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 6431 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Joe Allen screamer

Lump on

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tightest finish to a season ? on 00:00 - Feb 12 with 6266 viewssherpajacob

Last day fixtures

Burnley vAFC Bournemouth
Crystal Palace vWest Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town v Arsenal
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
Manchester United v Watford
Newcastle United v Chelsea
Southampton v Manchester City
Swansea City v Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
West Ham Unite v Everton

The title will be long over and the top 4 will probably already be decided, so I wouldn't want us having to rely on Newcastle, Brighton or Southampton losing

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tightest finish to a season ? on 00:21 - Feb 12 with 6238 viewsJack123

I hate to guess at stuff like this, but I already have earlier! Bottom 2 spots are West brom and Palace, One spot remaining..

libera nos a malo

N/A. on 00:27 - Feb 12 with 6228 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Tightest finish to a season ? on 07:58 - Feb 12 with 6042 viewsswan65split

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:21 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

Every game has to be a 120% er.
all the clubs down there are now going to dig in as they can see what has happened here , they could do........its fingers , legs, toes and bollocks crossed from now on.
Login to get fewer ads

Tightest finish to a season ? on 08:28 - Feb 12 with 5963 viewsJesusJack

I had a crack at the Premier League Predictor on thefishy.co.uk as I normally do near the end of the season to try to assuage my pessimism.

Firstly, I was pretty generous to our rivals, giving them wins from games that might be tight in reality and leaned towards draws in a few of their games against the big guns.
Secondly, I was probably a little pessimistic towards us, only giving us a couple of wins and a few draws between now and the end of the season.

It came out with us in 17th, staying up by a good few points, which is encouraging.

Of course, there are plenty of games to go yet with many twists and turns yet. Who knows, perhaps a win for the Baggies tonight might start them off on an epic run. After yesterday, we can't rely on any of the top 6 to do us any favours.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Tightest finish to a season ? on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 5858 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting....

Premier League Form Table
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:22]

#backtojack

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 5388 viewskarnataka

Tightest finish to a season ? on 09:14 - Feb 12 by Landore_Jack

Interesting....

Premier League Form Table
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 9:22]

Even more interesting is that if you base it on last 5 games instead of 6, we're 2nd behind Spurs on GD.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:20 - Feb 12 with 5339 viewsJackSkellington

So we've ended up 16th this week, on exactly the same points (27) and goal difference (-17) as Crystal Palace in 15th. Are they above us purely down to alphabetical order or some other reason?

I thought it might be number of wins or something but we have more wins whereas they have less losses. Any ideas? If it is just down to alphabetical order, how would that work if it was the end of the season and our respective positions were 17th and 18th? Would there be a playoff?
Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:53 - Feb 12 with 5261 viewsmajorraglan

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:20 - Feb 12 by JackSkellington

So we've ended up 16th this week, on exactly the same points (27) and goal difference (-17) as Crystal Palace in 15th. Are they above us purely down to alphabetical order or some other reason?

I thought it might be number of wins or something but we have more wins whereas they have less losses. Any ideas? If it is just down to alphabetical order, how would that work if it was the end of the season and our respective positions were 17th and 18th? Would there be a playoff?

They are above Swansea due to the fact they have scored more goals.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 23:55 - Feb 12 with 5187 viewssherpajacob

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:00 - Feb 12 by karnataka

Even more interesting is that if you base it on last 5 games instead of 6, we're 2nd behind Spurs on GD.

Or if the spurs game had been officiated correctly, we would be top.

Tightest finish to a season ? on 00:07 - Feb 13 with 5164 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Southampton have 7 of their last 11 fixtures away from home.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tightest finish to a season ? on 06:59 - Feb 13 with 5039 viewsDr_Winston

N/A. on 00:27 - Feb 12 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:05]

The amount of winnable points we pissed away at home because were were scared of our own shadow under Clement was absurd. We lost at home to Brighton and drew with Bournemouth too.

Just by turning the defeats mentioned into draws we'd currently be sitting in tenth place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tightest finish to a season ? on 07:30 - Feb 13 with 5011 viewsLoyal

Its a nailed on certainty.
Unless .....
We look at Leicester after new year the season before they won the league.
Doomed at Xmas, didn't look back after Xmas, won the league a season later.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tightest finish to a season ? on 07:39 - Feb 13 with 4982 viewskarnataka

Tightest finish to a season ? on 23:55 - Feb 12 by sherpajacob

Or if the spurs game had been officiated correctly, we would be top.

No, because the Spurs game was 6 games ago so has no bearing on the form in the last 5.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 08:08 - Feb 13 with 4927 viewssherpajacob

Tightest finish to a season ? on 07:39 - Feb 13 by karnataka

No, because the Spurs game was 6 games ago so has no bearing on the form in the last 5.

No,

the table you commented on, to which I replied, is based on the last 6

Tightest finish to a season ? on 10:06 - Feb 13 with 4790 viewsdcd14

Tightest finish to a season ? on 08:08 - Feb 13 by sherpajacob

No,

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/20172018/regular-season

Shows last 6 as 4 wins 2 draws for us.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 4777 viewsJackSkellington

Tightest finish to a season ? on 22:53 - Feb 12 by majorraglan

They are above Swansea due to the fact they have scored more goals.

Cheers, I was looking at the table on my phone last night so it didn't display the full For & Against columns. Now I've looked at the full tables, I see we currently have the lowest Goals For total (20) in the entirety of the top four leagues. That's shocking!
Tightest finish to a season ? on 15:21 - Feb 13 with 4620 viewskarnataka

Tightest finish to a season ? on 08:08 - Feb 13 by sherpajacob

No,

I didn't comment on the last 6 table that was there at all, I commented on a table based on last 5 games which wasn't there.

If we'd drawn with Spurs (which was 6 games ago), we'd both have had 12 points from last 6 games so we would have been 5th behind Spurs & ManU on GD and a point behind both Man City and Liverpool.

But, as I said, in a table based on last 5 games only in which the result of the Spurs game is irrelevant, we would currently be second behind Spurs on GD both teams having taken 11 points from their last 5 games.
Tightest finish to a season ? on 16:49 - Feb 13 with 4580 viewsDewi1jack

Can see the last day being like the 2010/11 season ( I think it was that one) where Blackburn scored sticking someone else (Wigan???) into the drop zone, then wolves scored swapping, then Blackpool(????) scored swapping etc.

Don't think we'll be in the mixer on the last day, but Stoke could well be.
Be lovely to score a few and watch Lambert crying as he's relegated with Stoke

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

N/A. on 01:37 - Feb 14 with 4406 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:08]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024