Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prediction time _ final matches 23:08 - Feb 12 with 5371 viewsGlyn1

https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

Thanks to Jesus Jack for reminding us about this from the Grimsby site. Make your predictions and see if we stay up.

Personally, I was lazy and only predicted the Swans results and let the computer randomly choose the results for the other teams (it's claimed that those results are based on current form).

With my choices, Swansea end with 38 points and comfortably stay up with a couple of matches to spare. But when I ran it three times, the relegated teams (chosen with random results remember) were different each time except for West Brom who were always relegated.

Your turn.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:10 - Feb 13 with 3832 viewsDr_Winston

I've got us finishing 14th on 39 points. Southampton, Stoke and WBA for the drop.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:17 - Feb 13 with 3824 viewslifelong

I have us finishing 11th on 42 points with West Brom, Stoke and Huddersfield for the drop.
Prediction time _ final matches on 07:38 - Feb 13 with 3807 viewsMrSwerve

16th on 38, Stoke, WBA and Hudds for the drop.

And just to show how useless these predictors are, Man Utd managed to finish 4 points off Man City.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:52 - Feb 13 with 3787 viewspencoedjack

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:10 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

I've got us finishing 14th on 39 points. Southampton, Stoke and WBA for the drop.

I had Southampton going down a few weeks ago.

If Stoke go I hope we are on the ball for a bid for Joey.
Prediction time _ final matches on 07:58 - Feb 13 with 3781 viewsDr_Winston

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:52 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

I had Southampton going down a few weeks ago.

If Stoke go I hope we are on the ball for a bid for Joey.

I hope we are on the ball for players the manager wants, not the fans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Prediction time _ final matches on 08:07 - Feb 13 with 3760 viewspencoedjack

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:58 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Managers come & go Joe Allen would be the cog in the middle of our midfield for the next 7 years.

But no surprise you disagree with me
Prediction time _ final matches on 08:18 - Feb 13 with 3737 views34dfgdf54

Prediction time _ final matches on 08:07 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

Managers come & go Joe Allen would be the cog in the middle of our midfield for the next 7 years.

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want Joey, I also wouldn't be able to understand the rationale of any manager that didn't think he would improve our midfield.
Prediction time _ final matches on 08:20 - Feb 13 with 3732 viewsJethroJack

10th Swans.....yes, tenth!! 😁
18th Southampton
19th Stoke
20th West Brom
Login to get fewer ads

Prediction time _ final matches on 08:33 - Feb 13 with 3709 viewsDr_Winston

You're thinking like Jenkins.

Huw/Pencs -"Hi Carlos. I'm a bit short of ideas for reinforcements so I want to sign this midfielder who used to play for us. He can be the cog in our midfield for seven years. And the fans love him so they might take the heat off me for a bit"

Carlos - "Hi Huw/Pencs. Thank you but no. I don't want him. He's a decent player but I think we can get better for cheaper if we scouted more thoroughly"

Huw/Pencs - "I don't care what you think as you'll be gone soon anyway. I'm signing him regardless".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Prediction time _ final matches on 08:50 - Feb 13 with 3659 viewsQuincy999

Prediction time _ final matches on 07:58 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Spot on! The manager seems to want high energy box to box types in his midfield. Lets give him that. I find it quite refreshing that a manager expects his midfielders to attack and defend, back to the old days.
Prediction time _ final matches on 08:54 - Feb 13 with 3645 viewsJesusJack

Thanks for the credit lol

I tried it again, giving us just 1 win and 5 draws against mostly teams around us and still had us surviving comfortably.

It can't be that easy, can it? CAN IT?

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Prediction time _ final matches on 09:22 - Feb 13 with 3609 viewspikeypaul

Swansea 17th 37 Pts

Huddersfield
Stoke
West Brom

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Prediction time _ final matches on 09:32 - Feb 13 with 3591 viewsJango

Fans criticise Jenkins constantly for getting too involved with transfers but when it’s suits it’s ok.
If Carvalhal doesn’t want a certain player then he should not be signed, regardless of what he kind or the fans think. I very much doubt Carvalhal would turn his nose up at joey but the fee would play a major part.
Prediction time _ final matches on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 3569 viewsPegojack

I've created a highly complex spreadsheet to forecast the remaining results and the outcome is this:

Bottom - Huddersfield, 31 pts
19th - Southampton, 34 pts
18th - between Stoke and WBA on goal difference, both 35 pts.

Swans to finish in 12th place with 41 points. You heard it here first.
Prediction time _ final matches on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 3520 viewsThornburyswan

Prediction time _ final matches on 09:22 - Feb 13 by pikeypaul

Swansea 17th 37 Pts

Huddersfield
Stoke
West Brom

This - although I had us very conservatory picks on 36 pts & 17th of goal difference with a final draw at home to Stoke (hope I'm being too negative!)
Prediction time _ final matches on 10:33 - Feb 13 with 3506 viewsJinxy

Prediction time _ final matches on 08:20 - Feb 13 by JethroJack

10th Swans.....yes, tenth!! 😁
18th Southampton
19th Stoke
20th West Brom

You're not alone - I had swans 10th too (45 points!!). However, I did a previous one and I had us finishing on 41 points. I'll remove rose coloured specs later on and give it another go. I had Brighton, Stoke and West Brom relegated with 31 points (Huddersfield) being sufficient for safety. This would be at odds with all recent stats with 38 points being sufficient (34 points the lowest) for survival during our PL time. What do I know eh.
Prediction time _ final matches on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 3463 viewsSwanno

Swans 10th 46 pts (what a finish that would be!)

Relegated:

Palace
Huddersfield
W Brom
Prediction time _ final matches on 11:35 - Feb 13 with 3411 viewslegoman

Swans 14th with 38pts. Relegated:

18th Stoke 35pts
19th Southampton 31pts
20th West Brom 28pts

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Prediction time _ final matches on 11:37 - Feb 13 with 3403 viewspencoedjack

Prediction time _ final matches on 09:32 - Feb 13 by Jango

Fans criticise Jenkins constantly for getting too involved with transfers but when it’s suits it’s ok.
If Carvalhal doesn’t want a certain player then he should not be signed, regardless of what he kind or the fans think. I very much doubt Carvalhal would turn his nose up at joey but the fee would play a major part.

Indeed ..... but as with any relegated club Id imagine the fee would be cheaper.

Joe Allen would improve our midfield anyone who does not think that is an idiot.
Prediction time _ final matches on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 3373 viewsJethroJack

Prediction time _ final matches on 10:33 - Feb 13 by Jinxy

You're not alone - I had swans 10th too (45 points!!). However, I did a previous one and I had us finishing on 41 points. I'll remove rose coloured specs later on and give it another go. I had Brighton, Stoke and West Brom relegated with 31 points (Huddersfield) being sufficient for safety. This would be at odds with all recent stats with 38 points being sufficient (34 points the lowest) for survival during our PL time. What do I know eh.

Great minds think alike! I ended up with us at 44pts 😊
Based on last 7 games, we're joint 4th bases on 2pts a game.
Forgetting the detail, in overall terms, if that fantastic return dropped to 1pts a game, we'd still end up with 38pts. 1.5pts a game gets us to ~44pts.
Hard to keep the optimism under control!! 😊
Prediction time _ final matches on 12:12 - Feb 13 with 3355 viewsJango

Prediction time _ final matches on 11:37 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

Indeed ..... but as with any relegated club Id imagine the fee would be cheaper.

Joe Allen would improve our midfield anyone who does not think that is an idiot.

He would improve our midfield of course he would. But if Carvalhal feels there are better or cheaper available to him that he wants then he should have the final say.
Prediction time _ final matches on 15:25 - Feb 13 with 3196 viewsDewi1jack

My mrs (48 pts and 10th)
Me (43 pts and tenth)

Her Brighton, Stoke, WBA with 31 pts or less, me Huddersfield, West Brom, Stoke with 32 or less.
Both of us have Citey to win with 105 pts

Surprisingly, both of us have Liverpool finishing second.
That'll please Dwight Yorke SS

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Prediction time _ final matches on 15:35 - Feb 13 with 3180 viewsJinxy

Prediction time _ final matches on 15:25 - Feb 13 by Dewi1jack

My mrs (48 pts and 10th)
Me (43 pts and tenth)

Her Brighton, Stoke, WBA with 31 pts or less, me Huddersfield, West Brom, Stoke with 32 or less.
Both of us have Citey to win with 105 pts

Surprisingly, both of us have Liverpool finishing second.
That'll please Dwight Yorke SS

I did it again with all teams ticked (laborious) and tried to be realistic.

Still had the swans finishing 10th (with 44 points!). I also had Liverpool 2nd (81 points) with Man City on 103 points.

Stoke, Huddersfield and West Brom down - Brighton survive on GD so take your pick. 32 points = safety which seems bonkers!

I won't ask my wife to have a go as she'll then find out I'm doing this stuff all day instead of working. Nice to know vs. need to know and all that...
Prediction time _ final matches on 22:06 - Mar 5 with 2808 viewsGlyn1

Time to update your predictions.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Prediction time _ final matches on 22:23 - Mar 5 with 2724 viewsMrSwerve

Prediction time _ final matches on 22:06 - Mar 5 by Glyn1

Time to update your predictions.

Let's not jump the gun. It ain't over yet.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024