Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) 18:57 - Feb 13 with 7150 viewsKennedy

So they are less per games than the current deal. The above is for BT and Sky.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-and-bt-in-new-446bn-premier-league-deal-11249236

These are the 2 packages remaining

Package F

Total matches: 20 Matches per club: Max two; Min two Kick-off times: All 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Package G

Total matches: 20 Matches per club: Max two; Min two Kick-off times: All 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 18:59]

Just call me JFK

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 19:01 - Feb 13 with 5618 viewsDr_Winston

The Saturday evening game idea is rubbish. Just do more on Friday nights.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:07 - Feb 13 with 5423 viewsJack_Kass

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 19:01 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Yeah they did this format the Saturday before xmas - 4 games - 12pm until 10pm

Was a hard slog watching 4 games in a row

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:17 - Feb 13 with 5391 viewsexiledclaseboy

Looks like the price in total isn’t going to increase significantly from the last rights sale despite more games being sold. Be interesting to see who gets the last two packages. Probably another one each for Sky and Bee Tee.

Poll: Tory leader

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:37 - Feb 13 with 5311 viewsGaryjack

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 19:01 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Saturday evening is Saturday afternoon in the USA and Canada. It's also morning to midday/afternoon on a Sunday in Oz and the far East. We can expect these times to increase in the future, and an increase in £££'s from the worldwide packages. Money money money!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 20:39]
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:48 - Feb 13 with 5263 viewsKennedy

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:17 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

Looks like the price in total isn’t going to increase significantly from the last rights sale despite more games being sold. Be interesting to see who gets the last two packages. Probably another one each for Sky and Bee Tee.

Think Amazon or Netflix will have a go.

Amazon will suit the 10 games in 1 night perfectly.

Just call me JFK

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:50 - Feb 13 with 5253 viewsMrSwerve

Looking forward to the day that they see sense and we can get a 'package' to see all of your own club's games live.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:51 - Feb 13 with 5251 viewsexiledclaseboy

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:48 - Feb 13 by Kennedy

They’d need to have already bid if they want a package. They can’t join in at this stage. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re involved. I still think Sky will get the maximum 148 games they’re allowed though and BT will get the other package to pretty much maintain the status quo.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 20:54]

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:55 - Feb 13 with 5224 viewsLeonWasGod

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:48 - Feb 13 by Kennedy

That'd be great wouldn't it? Could end up with 4 providers and 4 different subscriptions if you want to make sure you don't miss any games.

Better for fans when sky had a monopoly.

It's getting towards the point that a ST is not much more expensive than TV (and infinitely preferable imo, which is why I ditched sky & BT).
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:59 - Feb 13 with 5203 viewsNeath_Jack

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:51 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

They’d need to have already bid if they want a package. They can’t join in at this stage. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re involved. I still think Sky will get the maximum 148 games they’re allowed though and BT will get the other package to pretty much maintain the status quo.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 20:54]

They were talking about Netflix and Amazon bidding for it on Talksport earlier on. They were also saying that SkySports have spent less time than the last time, whereas BT have paid more.
One ex player said the current players will be tamping though as they were all hoping for a massive pay rise again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:11 - Feb 13 with 5150 viewsmax936

Init, 7.45 on a Saturday night, 5.45 is bad enough

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:26 - Feb 13 with 5100 viewsexiledclaseboy

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:59 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

They were talking about Netflix and Amazon bidding for it on Talksport earlier on. They were also saying that SkySports have spent less time than the last time, whereas BT have paid more.
One ex player said the current players will be tamping though as they were all hoping for a massive pay rise again.

Aye, I’d imagine there are more than the usual two bidders for the final packages otherwise they’d have announced them today as well.

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:34 - Feb 13 with 5064 viewslonglostjack

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:50 - Feb 13 by MrSwerve

Looking forward to the day that they see sense and we can get a 'package' to see all of your own club's games live.

This. Pay per view wherever you are in the world.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:35 - Feb 13 with 5055 viewsNeath_Jack

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:26 - Feb 13 by exiledclaseboy

Aye, I’d imagine there are more than the usual two bidders for the final packages otherwise they’d have announced them today as well.

They didn't say that Netflix and Amazon had actually bid mind, more that they wouldn't be surprised if they had.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 21:43 - Feb 13 with 5014 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:59 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

It's going to be tough on these PL players for sure. How will they cope!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 22:01 - Feb 13 with 4933 viewscentrestandswan

Be better if both Sky and BT buggered off and just let the BBC show the matches at the cost of a licence fee. Think of the money we all could save.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 23:34 - Feb 13 with 4664 viewsRevJames

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 22:01 - Feb 13 by centrestandswan

Be better if both Sky and BT buggered off and just let the BBC show the matches at the cost of a licence fee. Think of the money we all could save.

Interesting idea but without the tv money, how would smaller clubs like us afford the players needed to compete in the PL
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 06:33 - Feb 14 with 4468 viewssomersetsimon

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 23:34 - Feb 13 by RevJames

Interesting idea but without the tv money, how would smaller clubs like us afford the players needed to compete in the PL

On the other hand, if there wasn't all this TV money sloshing around, the salaries and transfer fees wouldn't be so ridiculously high.
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 06:50 - Feb 14 with 4459 viewsDr_Winston

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 06:33 - Feb 14 by somersetsimon

On the other hand, if there wasn't all this TV money sloshing around, the salaries and transfer fees wouldn't be so ridiculously high.

Then all the best players would piss off abroad to where the money is. That's the balance to strike.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 08:47 - Feb 14 with 4365 viewsShaky

Very interesting.

I make that an average of around 8.5% less in the new deal for Sky and BT Sports on a per game broadcast basis.

Seem like they will scrape a bit more in from the other 2 packages being touted, but these are the flagship deals and clearly bring to an end the recent hockey stick trend in broadcasting rights prices.,

For owners generally that means a no-brainer path to increased future profits has been eliminated, and in that context it seems to me maintaining the ownership stake in Swansea may well have become meaningless for Kaplan.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 8:53]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:03 - Feb 14 with 4335 viewsAkinfenwa

I think Kodi and streaming sites have played a huge part in this.
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:08 - Feb 14 with 4327 viewsSTID2017

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:03 - Feb 14 by Akinfenwa

Long may they continue.
Most would be happy to pay a fair price for games we want to see.
In this day and age why don't they just do it ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:23 - Feb 14 with 4303 viewsShaky

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:03 - Feb 14 by Akinfenwa

Probably, but it was clearly an unsustainable trend.

The key question now is how will the industry respond to a 'current' environment of spiralling transfer fees and wages, that logically must have been predicated on the fanciful notion that the TV rights trend would go on forever?

Not to scaremonger but the typical competitive implication of major upheaveal in industry dynamics is that a number of participants go bust.

For that not to happen, wages and most importatly transfer fees need to adjust downwards sharply as soon as possible. In the case of the former that is impossible due to longer term contracts, and with the super clubs driving much of the market and much less reliant on TV earnings than the rest of the league the other also seems unlikely, certainly in the immediate future.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:30 - Feb 14 with 4290 viewsAkinfenwa

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:23 - Feb 14 by Shaky

Probably, but it was clearly an unsustainable trend.

The key question now is how will the industry respond to a 'current' environment of spiralling transfer fees and wages, that logically must have been predicated on the fanciful notion that the TV rights trend would go on forever?

Not to scaremonger but the typical competitive implication of major upheaveal in industry dynamics is that a number of participants go bust.

For that not to happen, wages and most importatly transfer fees need to adjust downwards sharply as soon as possible. In the case of the former that is impossible due to longer term contracts, and with the super clubs driving much of the market and much less reliant on TV earnings than the rest of the league the other also seems unlikely, certainly in the immediate future.

I agree.

In simpler terms, if Sky ever did go through the hoop it would take loads of clubs with it. The big clubs would be less affected but clubs like ours who have little income from elsewhere would be dead.

I would hope there is a contingency plan somewhere.
Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:34 - Feb 14 with 4278 viewsswanforthemoney

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 08:47 - Feb 14 by Shaky

Very interesting.

I make that an average of around 8.5% less in the new deal for Sky and BT Sports on a per game broadcast basis.

Seem like they will scrape a bit more in from the other 2 packages being touted, but these are the flagship deals and clearly bring to an end the recent hockey stick trend in broadcasting rights prices.,

For owners generally that means a no-brainer path to increased future profits has been eliminated, and in that context it seems to me maintaining the ownership stake in Swansea may well have become meaningless for Kaplan.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 8:53]

Presumably they still have to sell International rights. Could China rights they actually go up from the last package? they might make up some of the difference

I stand in the North Stand

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 09:35 - Feb 14 with 4273 viewsswanforthemoney

Premier League rights sold - £4.46bn (2 still left to sell) on 20:50 - Feb 13 by MrSwerve

Ive got a package to see half the games live.
Season Ticket.

I stand in the North Stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024