Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New T20 competition 18:00 - Feb 14 with 2776 viewsSwanjaxs

http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricket/news/2018/february/wales-to-host-team-in
If they call this team Cardiff ( as i suspect they will) they can shove it where the sun dont shine 👍
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 18:09]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New T20 competition on 18:21 - Feb 14 with 2741 viewsCopperJack

Good! Maybe people will finally stop realising that Glamorgan = Cardiff. People support them because they used to represent us they used to play here. Now, they just represent the centralisation of Wales in Cardiff. Hope they fail and the people of Swansea wake up and stop supporting the centralisation of everything of value in Cardiff.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

New T20 competition on 18:22 - Feb 14 with 2740 viewsKilkennyjack

New T20 competition on 18:21 - Feb 14 by CopperJack

Good! Maybe people will finally stop realising that Glamorgan = Cardiff. People support them because they used to represent us they used to play here. Now, they just represent the centralisation of Wales in Cardiff. Hope they fail and the people of Swansea wake up and stop supporting the centralisation of everything of value in Cardiff.

👏👏👏

Beware of the Risen People

New T20 competition on 18:27 - Feb 14 with 2735 viewsJack1

To be fair, a few people (including myself) have referred to Glamorgan as Cardiff Cricket Club for years. I used to love watching them when I was growing up. It was great to see them travel all over Wales to play.

From a financial point of view, with the way county cricket is, I fully understand them committing to playing the vast majority of games to one venue.

For me however, I haven't followed them for years and I can see more people in this area doing the same.

Hugh Morris says that this will be the catalyst for cricket to grow in Wales, what he actually means is that the money from this will centralise cricket in Cardiff to the detriment of cricket in the rest of Wales.

That's the way things have been heading for a while.
New T20 competition on 18:28 - Feb 14 with 2733 viewsJack1

New T20 competition on 18:21 - Feb 14 by CopperJack

Agreed! You beat me to it!
New T20 competition on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 2687 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don’t think it’ll be called Cardiff Whatever. South Wales Something or other I reckon to try and attract as wide a fan base as possible.

Poll: Tory leader

New T20 competition on 19:23 - Feb 14 with 2684 viewsdickythorpe

Well I enjoy cricket, and if the worlds best are going to be there I would like to see them when I can.
I took my old to see Dale Steyn 2 seasons ago and he was blown away, he's 76!!!!!

You either enjoy or love the sport. All else is politics
New T20 competition on 19:43 - Feb 14 with 2671 viewsJack59

New T20 competition on 19:23 - Feb 14 by dickythorpe

Well I enjoy cricket, and if the worlds best are going to be there I would like to see them when I can.
I took my old to see Dale Steyn 2 seasons ago and he was blown away, he's 76!!!!!

You either enjoy or love the sport. All else is politics

If you love sport, then you will appreciate fair play.
That's what we are lacking with everything going to Cardiff.
New T20 competition on 19:49 - Feb 14 with 2664 viewsSPboy

New T20 competition on 18:27 - Feb 14 by Jack1

To be fair, a few people (including myself) have referred to Glamorgan as Cardiff Cricket Club for years. I used to love watching them when I was growing up. It was great to see them travel all over Wales to play.

From a financial point of view, with the way county cricket is, I fully understand them committing to playing the vast majority of games to one venue.

For me however, I haven't followed them for years and I can see more people in this area doing the same.

Hugh Morris says that this will be the catalyst for cricket to grow in Wales, what he actually means is that the money from this will centralise cricket in Cardiff to the detriment of cricket in the rest of Wales.

That's the way things have been heading for a while.

In the last but one paragraph just substitute Huw Morris with Carwyn & cricket with everything and there you have it, Welsh Labour policy. Destined for success at all costs ...
Login to get fewer ads

New T20 competition on 18:43 - Feb 15 with 2568 viewsCountyJim

New T20 competition on 19:20 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t think it’ll be called Cardiff Whatever. South Wales Something or other I reckon to try and attract as wide a fan base as possible.

I think it will incompas the South West as well as a region so I really hope they dont use the kardiff name

Perhaps Wales and South West Warriors
New T20 competition on 22:07 - Feb 15 with 2516 viewsjeza739

Belive it may be called the Dragons.
Followed cricket since i was a kid. Remember watching 1975 aussies and the windies a few yrs later in St Helens.
Moved to carediff 2 yrs ago and live 5 min walk from sophia gdns. Now have a season ticket and it's great as i can just walk over and catch an hr or two as and when which is great with 4 day games as aell as watching one day games when work permits.
Centralisation on one venue was always going to happen but i understand the strength of feeling.
But its not just cricket, everywhere is second class compared to up here (with exception of football) it was a real eye opener and when i return to Port Talbot and or Swansea the difference is striking.
I think the WAG believe Wales ends at Cowbridge
New T20 competition on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 2441 viewsCountyJim

New T20 competition on 22:07 - Feb 15 by jeza739

Belive it may be called the Dragons.
Followed cricket since i was a kid. Remember watching 1975 aussies and the windies a few yrs later in St Helens.
Moved to carediff 2 yrs ago and live 5 min walk from sophia gdns. Now have a season ticket and it's great as i can just walk over and catch an hr or two as and when which is great with 4 day games as aell as watching one day games when work permits.
Centralisation on one venue was always going to happen but i understand the strength of feeling.
But its not just cricket, everywhere is second class compared to up here (with exception of football) it was a real eye opener and when i return to Port Talbot and or Swansea the difference is striking.
I think the WAG believe Wales ends at Cowbridge

As I said I think it will be a region Wales and the West can't see the West of England being happy with the Dragons
New T20 competition on 15:26 - Feb 25 with 2308 viewsCountyJim

Looks like no City names to be used which is good Somerset and Gloucestershire fans wouldnt watch a team named kardiff either

The ecb to name the teams
New T20 competition on 20:16 - Feb 25 with 2237 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New T20 competition on 15:26 - Feb 25 by CountyJim

Looks like no City names to be used which is good Somerset and Gloucestershire fans wouldnt watch a team named kardiff either

The ecb to name the teams

Why is ECB naming the teams ? I didn't know he even liked cricket

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024