Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subbuteo 23:54 - Feb 14 with 2957 viewsLoyal

Anyone still flicking to kick ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Subbuteo on 00:32 - Feb 15 with 2942 viewsEbo

I love a good flick!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Subbuteo on 07:11 - Feb 15 with 2892 viewsbuilthjack

They have tournaments regularly in Knighton.
There's a guy, Tom Taylor, who sells everything Subbutio. He did have a shop but now it's all online.
He had sold about 7000 subbutio sets up until a few years ago.
So if anyone wants to enter a tournament, this is the place.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 7:16]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Subbuteo on 07:32 - Feb 15 with 2870 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone remember "Blow Football"? It must have been the most unhygienic game going!!
Subbuteo on 08:14 - Feb 15 with 2845 viewssquarebear

The last time I saw a subbuteo set in a shop the players were flat plastic. Most displeasing.
Subbuteo on 08:41 - Feb 15 with 2817 viewstrampie

I still have some subbuteo up the attic, a rugby and a football set, apparently some teams are very collectable.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Subbuteo on 08:48 - Feb 15 with 2811 viewssquarebear

I always found the rugby disappointing in terms of playability.

Cricket on the other hand, was alright. Bowling was (all things being relative) a bit of an art form.
Subbuteo on 10:35 - Feb 15 with 2727 viewsPegojack

Bluddy loved that game when I was about 11 or 12, so did all my mates. We had endless league and cup competitions.

I remember my team's colours were Bradford City (I liked the red and yellow vertical stripes with black shorts). Also had Wolves, Celtic, Swans of course, and the generic red and blue teams which came in the box. Happy days.

Eventually superceded when I discovered a more interesting game. Say no more.
Subbuteo on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 2722 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Look at this by coincidence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-430103

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Subbuteo on 12:59 - Feb 15 with 2649 viewsjeza739

Have to say i loved it too. Still have a set . at one point had about 20 odd teams.. Had the cricket and rugby as well but nowhere near as good
Subbuteo on 13:07 - Feb 15 with 2632 viewsLeonWasGod

Yep. I even went as far as building a playing board last year, 'for my boy' of course! Not that we use it much.
Subbuteo on 14:06 - Feb 15 with 2608 viewsHighjack

Subbuteo on 07:32 - Feb 15 by dickythorpe

Anyone remember "Blow Football"? It must have been the most unhygienic game going!!

Danielle Lloyd still plays that every weekend in nightclubs up and down the country.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Subbuteo on 18:00 - Feb 15 with 2532 viewsLoyal

Obviously a 70's thing when it was big. A mate of mine has subbuteo nights at his house. Ends in chaos, some get a bit drunk. He has 15 different swansea teams.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Subbuteo on 20:15 - Feb 15 with 2480 viewsheadcleaner

used to have a league and in the early 90s, we had one in London with about 20 players. great fun until we had to impose a lifetime ban due to spitting and table throwing. We had home and away fans turning up it was a great fixture some right pwoper naughty grudge matches. Still have a setup and a few teams. my older brother has hundreds of teams and also at one point a complete stadium with individually painted fans
Subbuteo on 23:27 - Feb 15 with 2422 viewsOptimisticJack

Enjoying a game of subbutio with my young son on the floor in the mid to late 80s.
My knee locked (which was usual).
15 minutes later it hadn't released.
I was still lying with my knee in a locked position on the lounge floor with me
and my young son starting to get a bit anxious.
I rang Singleton Hospital for advice and was advised to call an ambulance.
I was horrified of the thought of being streched off out of the house after a game of sabbuteo considering some of the matches I had been involed in over the years on Asleigh Rd etc !!
The trauma led to the knee releasing soon afterwards

Optimisticjack

Subbuteo on 00:55 - Feb 16 with 2386 viewsTNT

Robbie James scored some screamers.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Subbuteo on 10:09 - Feb 18 with 2224 viewsLoyal

Subbuteo on 20:15 - Feb 15 by headcleaner

used to have a league and in the early 90s, we had one in London with about 20 players. great fun until we had to impose a lifetime ban due to spitting and table throwing. We had home and away fans turning up it was a great fixture some right pwoper naughty grudge matches. Still have a setup and a few teams. my older brother has hundreds of teams and also at one point a complete stadium with individually painted fans

Now this is what we want to hear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024