Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend 08:48 - Feb 15 with 20868 viewsLohengrin

You just never know what’s lying in the archives of the secret police in the old Communist bloc waiting to be unearthed, do you? Then again, perhaps you didn’t have to be Reilly to have seen this one coming?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:13 - Feb 15 with 1560 viewssherpajacob

Jezza talked to the IRA , within a few short years, a cease-fire, the good Friday agreement and peace where previously there was conflict.

Jezza went to Czechoslovakia within a,few short years, a peaceful velvet revolution, democracy followed by amicable and peaceful independence for Czech republic and Slovakia within the EU.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:18 - Feb 15 with 1551 viewsAkinfenwa

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:05 - Feb 15 by londonlisa2001

The interest rate is almost completely irrelevant for the vast majority of students (83% are expected to never pay the full debt).

The whole 'loan' thing is just bad terminology. It's a graduate tax of 9% on earnings above £21k (it'll be £25k later this year).

The only people that will be affected by the interest rate, (and it's 3% over RPI not 6% - it just happens to be over 6% at the moment because inflation is running at over 3%), are people that will earn good salaries for their working life. It's ironically the right wing that should hate this, not the left wing. As people who go to university but don't have well- paying jobs have free education. Those that choose (or are abe to choose), well paying jobs pay for it. It's quite supremely Corbyn-like in its effect. Just badly understood.

So we agree the current loan system works well.

Free uni places is an absolute joke. If you go to uni you should have to pay for it. Some of my family are working hard well into their 60's so they would be helping to pay for youngsters to have a free jolly.

If Corbyn wants to make a real difference whilst bankrupting the country he should scrap this whole uni bollox and lower the pension age.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:25 - Feb 15 with 1538 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:18 - Feb 15 by Akinfenwa

So we agree the current loan system works well.

Free uni places is an absolute joke. If you go to uni you should have to pay for it. Some of my family are working hard well into their 60's so they would be helping to pay for youngsters to have a free jolly.

If Corbyn wants to make a real difference whilst bankrupting the country he should scrap this whole uni bollox and lower the pension age.

I was explaining how it worked, not saying it works well.

University places should be available for the number of people that the country requires to go to university. That's not 50% of the population. If we want 50% of the population to go to university for no apparent reason, we can't make it free. If we want, say 20% to go because that's what the country requires, we can make it free, with means tested grants (as it used to be).

Those graduates will then more than pay it back through taxation.

The pension age shouldn't be lowered. It was set at 65 to give a relatively few years without working at the end of people's lives. People are living 15 years longer. We can't afford to have 20 years paid for at the end of people's lives.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:30 - Feb 15 with 1539 viewsProfessor

The interest rate is almost completely irrelevant for the vast majority of students (83% are expected to never pay the full debt).

The whole 'loan' thing is just bad terminology. It's a graduate tax of 9% on earnings above £21k (it'll be £25k later this year).

The only people that will be affected by the interest rate, (and it's 3% over RPI not 6% - it just happens to be over 6% at the moment because inflation is running at over 3%), are people that will earn good salaries for their working life. It's ironically the right wing that should hate this, not the left wing. As people who go to university but don't have well- paying jobs have free education. Those that choose (or are abe to choose), well paying jobs pay for it. It's quite supremely Corbyn-like in its effect. Just badly understood.

Which is absolutely correct. There is no 'free place' it has to be paid as a fee (funnily enough we like to be paid to work at universities) directly through the loan (which is not a loan in the sense of a mortgage or buying car) or though universal taxation. The people if affects are the middle class who have a higher percentage of kids going into HE and now don't get it paid for by tax on the guy working in Tesco, or the office cleaner or the hospital catering staff.

People just get the headline. Even someone like Martin Lewis says take the loan and keep your cash for later (such as buying a house)
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 1530 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Nail hit on head.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 1524 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:16 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Given what is emerging about Corbyn’s links to the StB do you find the face of Prague’s Memorial to the Victims of Communism reminding you of anybody in particular, Partz? Quite accidental but not without a modicum of ironic foresight...

Been there and seen it. I abhor all violence but somehow in your mind this equates to supporting a Labour Party that has a decent enough manifesto to combat austerity.
What has gone on before is so terribly sad. That equates to all atrocities. I have to live in the here and now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:38 - Feb 15 with 1516 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 11:00 - Feb 15 by Mo_Wives

Best to keep away from YouTube channels , I find. Stick to giant media corporations, like the History channel, where you know you can trust the information you're getting. For example, what someone on YouTube will tell you is a plateau, the History channel will correct them and let you know is, in fact, a mountain with the top sawn off by intergalactic, ancient, space aliens. This way you can be sure not to make an ass of yourself

Sorry, couldn't resist...well, I'm not that sorry, tbh

Wake up at the back!. Wrong thread. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 1512 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 11:24 - Feb 15 by Ebo

"Force all the big business out of the country" - isn't that what your beloved Brexit is going to do anyway?

Beat me to it ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:47 - Feb 15 with 1499 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:30 - Feb 15 by Professor

Which is absolutely correct. There is no 'free place' it has to be paid as a fee (funnily enough we like to be paid to work at universities) directly through the loan (which is not a loan in the sense of a mortgage or buying car) or though universal taxation. The people if affects are the middle class who have a higher percentage of kids going into HE and now don't get it paid for by tax on the guy working in Tesco, or the office cleaner or the hospital catering staff.

People just get the headline. Even someone like Martin Lewis says take the loan and keep your cash for later (such as buying a house)

One thing that never ceases to amaze me, are the number of policies that are so badly explained, people don't understand them. Is it the fault of the politicians, the population at large, or the media?

I suspect a bit of each.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 1480 viewsEbo

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 11:24 - Feb 15 by pikeypaul

The Sun has not said that at all only you.

You'd believe the S*n if they did though wouldn't you?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 1435 viewsHighjack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:13 - Feb 15 by sherpajacob

Jezza talked to the IRA , within a few short years, a cease-fire, the good Friday agreement and peace where previously there was conflict.

Jezza went to Czechoslovakia within a,few short years, a peaceful velvet revolution, democracy followed by amicable and peaceful independence for Czech republic and Slovakia within the EU.

His magic has obviously worn off recently though as his good friends in Hezbollah and Hamas are still committing war crimes verging on genocide, and generally knocking the shit out of all their neighbours and each other.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:11 - Feb 15 with 1427 viewsHighjack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:09 - Feb 15 by Highjack

His magic has obviously worn off recently though as his good friends in Hezbollah and Hamas are still committing war crimes verging on genocide, and generally knocking the shit out of all their neighbours and each other.

How long has "shit" been getting through the swear filter?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:15 - Feb 15 with 1421 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 12:38 - Feb 15 by Private_Partz

Wake up at the back!. Wrong thread. ;-)

No such thing as the wrong thread, my friend...only unsuitable clothing.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:21 - Feb 15 with 1414 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:15 - Feb 15 by Mo_Wives

No such thing as the wrong thread, my friend...only unsuitable clothing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:29 - Feb 15 with 1406 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:21 - Feb 15 by Private_Partz

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)

Better to teach a manager how to fish, than rely on Huw Jenkins to catch him a lobster.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:42 - Feb 15 with 1397 viewsattila_the_hun

I'll still vote Corbyn no matter what The Sun wants us to think

"I'm Free"

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:55 - Feb 15 with 1388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:16 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Given what is emerging about Corbyn’s links to the StB do you find the face of Prague’s Memorial to the Victims of Communism reminding you of anybody in particular, Partz? Quite accidental but not without a modicum of ironic foresight...

What about the far right (Hitler's Nazi's ) killing the disabled, gypsies, Jews, Slavs and anyone else who didn't fit their positive profiling ?

Forget about that did you?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:11 - Feb 15 with 1368 viewsNogginthenog

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:50 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

No young Pangloss, what he was doing by the looks of it was keeping some sort of a watching brief on exiles from the Communist bloc and their activities here; or, as the files coo, he was “very well informed of operatives in contact with anti-communist agencies.”

That’s not The Sun saying that it’s the files of the Soviet Secret Police and there is no suggestion they are forgeries.

That isnt a Russian document.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:13 - Feb 15 with 1367 viewsEbo

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:09 - Feb 15 by Highjack

"Hamas are still committing war crimes verging on genocide" errr I think you are getting them mixed up with the IDF, y'know the ones who evict Palestinians from their rightful homes with violence and intimidation whilst at the same time help the enforcement of an apartheid-like state.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:37 - Feb 15 with 1349 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 14:55 - Feb 15 by Brynmill_Jack

What about the far right (Hitler's Nazi's ) killing the disabled, gypsies, Jews, Slavs and anyone else who didn't fit their positive profiling ?

Forget about that did you?

‘Whataboutery’ at its finest. You are going to have to explain to me, Mr Godwin, Hitler’s part in this?

Perhaps his ghost was there taking the minutes of Corbyn’s meetings with foreign agents? Maybe the spectres of the Strasser Brothers brokered first contact between Corbyn and criminal red lunatics Sandra Hodgson and Tony Gilbert? Spell it out for me, Bryn. Tell me your seance isn’t just you knocking under the table.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:40 - Feb 15 with 1340 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:11 - Feb 15 by Nogginthenog

That isnt a Russian document.

It’s an StB document.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 16:06 - Feb 15 with 1318 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:37 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

‘Whataboutery’ at its finest. You are going to have to explain to me, Mr Godwin, Hitler’s part in this?

Perhaps his ghost was there taking the minutes of Corbyn’s meetings with foreign agents? Maybe the spectres of the Strasser Brothers brokered first contact between Corbyn and criminal red lunatics Sandra Hodgson and Tony Gilbert? Spell it out for me, Bryn. Tell me your seance isn’t just you knocking under the table.

Well I took Bryn''s point as being the Far Right is every bit as bad as the Far Left.
Now if you think that is, based on things like Sun reports and decades old documents, an indication of where Labour is now then that is your prerogative.
I disagree. I think there are enough checks both within Parliament, the Parties and the electorate themselves to prevent the unlikely event of the vagaries of history repeating themselves.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 16:15 - Feb 15 with 1310 viewsHighjack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 15:13 - Feb 15 by Ebo

"Hamas are still committing war crimes verging on genocide" errr I think you are getting them mixed up with the IDF, y'know the ones who evict Palestinians from their rightful homes with violence and intimidation whilst at the same time help the enforcement of an apartheid-like state.

No. Amnesty international and other aid groups are regularly reporting atrocities committed by Hamas, including torture and killing of Palestinians. Issuing death penalties and executions of innocents in kangaroo courts where there is no chance of any sort of fair trial. People disappearing left right and centre.

Yet Corbyn calls them his friends and thinks that labelling them a terror groups will be seen as a big mistake by historians.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 16:29 - Feb 15 with 1293 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 16:06 - Feb 15 by Private_Partz

Well I took Bryn''s point as being the Far Right is every bit as bad as the Far Left.
Now if you think that is, based on things like Sun reports and decades old documents, an indication of where Labour is now then that is your prerogative.
I disagree. I think there are enough checks both within Parliament, the Parties and the electorate themselves to prevent the unlikely event of the vagaries of history repeating themselves.

You do understand the gravity of what he may have been involved in, Partz? The dissidents from the communist bloc resident in the UK were largely beyond the reach of the secret police, any relatives left behind the Iron Curtain alas were not, they had the unfortunate habit of ‘disappearing.’ What was Ben Kingsley’s line In Schindler about ‘a list being a life?’ In this case a list, a name, was bringing an end to life.

There may be more to come out of the Prague archive? Perhaps a definitive answer is held in the STASI file on Corbyn in Berlin which we know exists? Whatever. If he’s proven to be a link in the chain he will have to answer for it.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 16:47 - Feb 15 with 1280 viewsperchrockjack

Loh.

I'm afraid the usual suspects on here will not nor cannot imagine Corbyn doing anything wrong at all.
From IRA support / peace ,Hamas,hezbollah or communism,it makes no difference .

Ebo is a perfect example of utter class hatred and inability to rise above basic envy . They cannot see any per view per than their own .

History, is smacking them full in the mouth .

My tour of the Stasi museum with a former interrogee was life changing .

Nobody ever escaped to the east apart from Burgess,Philby ,mcClean, posh boys too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024