Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend 08:48 - Feb 15 with 20899 viewsLohengrin

You just never know what’s lying in the archives of the secret police in the old Communist bloc waiting to be unearthed, do you? Then again, perhaps you didn’t have to be Reilly to have seen this one coming?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 20:59 - Feb 15 with 2551 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 20:44 - Feb 15 by Jack_Meoff

83% of students won’t pay their entire loan. Okay. What’s being made sure is what does get paid back goes into private hands, theoretically for decades to come. Seems like a sh*te deal for students and 'the taxpayer' and the potential for financiers to make long term profits for a potentially small outlay, as it’ll no doubt go for a song. I know my distrust of government can cloud my objectivity at times (!) but this just reeks of scam.

RPI plus 3% is an extraordinarily low return for such a high risk debt.

Seriously.

Look at the interest rates routinely charged by the companies that lend to those who are not certain to repay. And their repayment percentages are far, far higher than those achieved on the student loan book.

It's not going to private hands. An amount gets paid now, with no recourse (so is certain) in return for a massively high risk punt.

It costs the taxpayer, certainly. But not as much as paying for free university education would - it's, in your words, an investment in the young people. It costs students, but only those that can afford it.

The reason I think it's a bad idea is that I see no justification whatsoever in thinking 50% of the population need university education. There are not 50% of all jobs that require it. And in an effort to allow more students to go to university, all those that do go end up paying a graduate tax which is what this is.

But that is fairer than lower paid people up and down the country paying for it, which is the alternative.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 21:01]
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:00 - Feb 15 with 2548 viewsDr_Winston

I quite like Johnny Rotten. He's an occasionally witty guy who deserves a lot of kudos for calling out Saville long before most others did.

You'd have to be pretty dim to take your political direction from him though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:04 - Feb 15 with 2532 viewsDarran

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:00 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

I quite like Johnny Rotten. He's an occasionally witty guy who deserves a lot of kudos for calling out Saville long before most others did.

You'd have to be pretty dim to take your political direction from him though.

I quite like him too he is a bit of a twát though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:22 - Feb 15 with 2520 viewsJack_Meoff

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 20:59 - Feb 15 by londonlisa2001

RPI plus 3% is an extraordinarily low return for such a high risk debt.

Seriously.

Look at the interest rates routinely charged by the companies that lend to those who are not certain to repay. And their repayment percentages are far, far higher than those achieved on the student loan book.

It's not going to private hands. An amount gets paid now, with no recourse (so is certain) in return for a massively high risk punt.

It costs the taxpayer, certainly. But not as much as paying for free university education would - it's, in your words, an investment in the young people. It costs students, but only those that can afford it.

The reason I think it's a bad idea is that I see no justification whatsoever in thinking 50% of the population need university education. There are not 50% of all jobs that require it. And in an effort to allow more students to go to university, all those that do go end up paying a graduate tax which is what this is.

But that is fairer than lower paid people up and down the country paying for it, which is the alternative.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 21:01]

The repayments will go into private hands when the book is sold on though won't it? The book up until 1998 was sold to a firm that is a front for Arrow, a particularly loathsome debt collection agency. Or am I missing something obvious?

I wouldn't disagree with the 50% mark in fairness. I can't help but wonder however what a drop in that percentage would do for rising unemployment figures, which I'm guessing neither party would want on their watch.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:29 - Feb 15 with 2509 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:22 - Feb 15 by Jack_Meoff

The repayments will go into private hands when the book is sold on though won't it? The book up until 1998 was sold to a firm that is a front for Arrow, a particularly loathsome debt collection agency. Or am I missing something obvious?

I wouldn't disagree with the 50% mark in fairness. I can't help but wonder however what a drop in that percentage would do for rising unemployment figures, which I'm guessing neither party would want on their watch.

Yes, the repayments do. But they pay upfront in return (obviously at a discount).

That payment represents the saving to the taxpayer over providing free university for those that attend.

The reason that the 50% target was set in the first place was Blair wanting to bring down unemployment figures.

But 50% of ypung people going on to some sort of advanced training / education is fine. But it should be a mixture of university / apprenticeships / vocational training. Not just university.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:36 - Feb 15 with 2491 viewsbuilthjack

Just get those Tories out. Fcked the country up yet again, as usual. It's gonna get worse.
Cameron offers the vote for brexit. Then runs when it goes wrong. The most yellow bloke politics has ever seen.
Then May turns up. You couldn't write it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:41 - Feb 15 with 2483 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 20:42 - Feb 15 by perchrockjack

So ,if one is left wing,one reads a left wing paper .If one is not, then a right one.

Millions ,like my mum in law have no political leanings but read the Mail. Looking at this site and the contempt for both the paper and the readers doesn't make this pleasant viewing if we are supposed to be a free country .

The truth for some is found in left papers ,lies in the right .

Maybe a little respect is due for those who buy certain papers and not the gang ridicule seen on here

Perhaps there’s a good crossword in the mail ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:51 - Feb 15 with 2465 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 21:41 - Feb 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Perhaps there’s a good crossword in the mail ?

The answer to every part of the problem is 'immigrant' so it's a bit repetitive...
Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 2455 viewsJack11

I don’t like Corbyn at all but what have any of you ever done apart from chat rubbish on here? If your political views are so worthwhile why don’t you go and do something about it? That’s the beauty of living in a developed democracy but you’d need to get off your laptop to realise that. There is a lot of criticism here for people who ultimately champion things that have positivity at heart. You may disagree with them in your pseudo intellectual demeaning manner, but you need some perspective. Either that or a hobby other than criticising people with different political views than you. On a sub forum within a football forum. It’s a bit pathetic really and you’re only looking for credence from people who think the same as you anyway. Get out there and make a real difference if you feel strongly enough to waste your life typing about it here.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:17 - Feb 15 with 2438 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:03 - Feb 15 by Jack11

I don’t like Corbyn at all but what have any of you ever done apart from chat rubbish on here? If your political views are so worthwhile why don’t you go and do something about it? That’s the beauty of living in a developed democracy but you’d need to get off your laptop to realise that. There is a lot of criticism here for people who ultimately champion things that have positivity at heart. You may disagree with them in your pseudo intellectual demeaning manner, but you need some perspective. Either that or a hobby other than criticising people with different political views than you. On a sub forum within a football forum. It’s a bit pathetic really and you’re only looking for credence from people who think the same as you anyway. Get out there and make a real difference if you feel strongly enough to waste your life typing about it here.

I can’t speak for anybody else but when I was a youngster at the height of the Cold War I loathed communism and everything it stood for to the extent I enlisted and joined the colours.

That the sort of commitment you’re looking for?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:19 - Feb 15 with 2433 viewspikeypaul

Jack11,

The usual suspects here do not believe in democracy unless they get the result they want.

It’s truly pathetic.

407 AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:30 - Feb 15 with 2419 viewsJack11

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:17 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

I can’t speak for anybody else but when I was a youngster at the height of the Cold War I loathed communism and everything it stood for to the extent I enlisted and joined the colours.

That the sort of commitment you’re looking for?

It’s pretty low rent really. It’s like saying I don’t like vegan beliefs so I went and had a steak dinner in my leather shoes to really spite them. If you feel it elevates you though, you crack on.
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:45 - Feb 15 with 2396 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:30 - Feb 15 by Jack11

It’s pretty low rent really. It’s like saying I don’t like vegan beliefs so I went and had a steak dinner in my leather shoes to really spite them. If you feel it elevates you though, you crack on.

Elevation? No I wouldn’t say that I have ever thought of it in those terms but as a conscious act it was at least to show willing. It involved a tad more self-sacrifice than going out for dinner as in your curious analogy.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 02:51 - Feb 16 with 2330 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:30 - Feb 15 by Jack11

" It’s like saying I don’t like vegan beliefs so I went and had a steak dinner in my leather shoes to really spite them."

AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAA WTF

He didn't say that when he was young he really hated Communism so he bought a pair of shoes from a privately owned business and went for dinner at a privately owned restaurant, you aching simpleton (Thanks Warwick, I love that. Used this on a policeman and a woman in Greggs just this week)
He said he signed up to fight them in a f*cking war, with bombs and guns and shit, knowing he could die in said war. The fact that he could not see the future and that he would not die in said war does not make it "pretty low rent"

Here we go, son...

*Throws Jack11 coat at him

...see yourself out

*Walks away shaking head, smiling and muttering "vegan shoes?...whatever next?"
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 5:06]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 02:53 - Feb 16 with 2329 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 22:45 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Elevation? No I wouldn’t say that I have ever thought of it in those terms but as a conscious act it was at least to show willing. It involved a tad more self-sacrifice than going out for dinner as in your curious analogy.

Never mind that shit. Grab your knife and fork, son...we're going to war with the Vegans!

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 07:29 - Feb 16 with 2288 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 20:15 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Wow 1982? You are becoming more and more 'current'.
The Maybot has failed in her personal attacks on Corbyn. Employing you would be a great move for her. She definitely needs you in the basement digging through the archives. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 08:14 - Feb 16 with 2269 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Here’s another cracker

Watch those reds under the bed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/sunday-times-pays-foot-d

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 08:59 - Feb 16 with 2251 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 07:29 - Feb 16 by Private_Partz

Wow 1982? You are becoming more and more 'current'.
The Maybot has failed in her personal attacks on Corbyn. Employing you would be a great move for her. She definitely needs you in the basement digging through the archives. ;-)

Blair and his coterie used to do the same as you, Partz. An airy dismissal of the past was one of the defining features of New Labour and look where that got them. If those around him were disposed to have reminded him of the Suez fiasco and the fate of Eden perhaps, just perhaps, it would have given him pause before committing to Iraq?

As for this incarnation of the Labour Party before electing Corbyn if they had taken the time to have considered exactly who and what ‘The Leader’ was, the company he had kept, then they may have called to mind the likes of Wilf Vernon, Tom Driberg or Bob Edwards, Ray Fletcher or John Stonehouse blundering down the same rabbit-hole of betrayal time and again.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:08 - Feb 16 with 2244 viewsLohengrin

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 08:14 - Feb 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here’s another cracker

Watch those reds under the bed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/sunday-times-pays-foot-d

That was always demonstrable nonsense but not without design. Michael Foot was disliked by either extreme, both mob and money, because he was a patriot who placed his country’s best interests before those of the red international in the first instance and because he was not a whore to be bought like so many of his contemporaries in the second.

He had a voice and he had a pen, both his own. There was never any shortage of those would have liked nothing more than to have stilled both.

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:38 - Feb 16 with 2226 viewsBatterseajack

Whilst we love sticking it to the commies, liberals, snowflakes and progressives, should more focus be on the rise of the far rights who seem to be responding to dog whistling from some of our mainstream politicians.

Anders Breivik, Thomas Mair, Darren Osbourne, Dylann Storm Roof, James Fields and also that loser who shot up the school in Florida a few days ago. If it is that these guys are just unhinged, what is it about right wing politics that drive them to commit these awful crimes?
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:39 - Feb 16 with 2222 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:08 - Feb 16 by Lohengrin

That was always demonstrable nonsense but not without design. Michael Foot was disliked by either extreme, both mob and money, because he was a patriot who placed his country’s best interests before those of the red international in the first instance and because he was not a whore to be bought like so many of his contemporaries in the second.

He had a voice and he had a pen, both his own. There was never any shortage of those would have liked nothing more than to have stilled both.

He was a stark raving lefty mun

Hated by the media barons

Same happened to kinnock

And repeat

Repeat

Repeat

Repeat

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:02 - Feb 16 with 2205 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:38 - Feb 16 by Batterseajack

Whilst we love sticking it to the commies, liberals, snowflakes and progressives, should more focus be on the rise of the far rights who seem to be responding to dog whistling from some of our mainstream politicians.

Anders Breivik, Thomas Mair, Darren Osbourne, Dylann Storm Roof, James Fields and also that loser who shot up the school in Florida a few days ago. If it is that these guys are just unhinged, what is it about right wing politics that drive them to commit these awful crimes?

Bit of an islamophobic dog whistle there.

Pretending to be pointing out right wing violence but really asking a deeper question about Islam and violence.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:07 - Feb 16 with 2198 viewsBatterseajack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:02 - Feb 16 by Mo_Wives

Bit of an islamophobic dog whistle there.

Pretending to be pointing out right wing violence but really asking a deeper question about Islam and violence.

Not all of them islam related though are they Mo.

But its a problem no?
Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:52 - Feb 16 with 2175 viewsHighjack

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 09:38 - Feb 16 by Batterseajack

Focus should be on criticising all extremist nutjobs of whatever persuasion, and that includes corbyn.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 11:20 - Feb 16 with 2154 viewsMo_Wives

Jeremy Corbyn - Red Star Bellend on 10:07 - Feb 16 by Batterseajack

Not all of them islam related though are they Mo.

But its a problem no?

Not all of who/what are islam related?

And yes, people shooting other people is a problem. Is it due to right wing beliefs? I'd have to say no.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024