Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin 21:00 - Feb 15 with 16520 viewsswansRus

Shocking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04blny9
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:42 - Feb 22 with 1506 viewsBarrySwan

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:37 - Feb 22 by Shonky

And all smokers pay for their cancer treatment and all fat people pay for their heart bypass treatment etc. Its all 'weakness'. You fking tvvat.

Charming.

Now you're getting the drift

You missed out the bit about alcoholics paying for their treatment also.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 21:43]
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:46 - Feb 22 with 1516 viewsexiledclaseboy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:42 - Feb 22 by BarrySwan

Charming.

Now you're getting the drift

You missed out the bit about alcoholics paying for their treatment also.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 21:43]

What about people who get hurt in car accidents? No one forces them to drive a car. It’s their choice.

I hope by now that you’ve started to see the utter banality and crassness of the bile you’re spouting.

Poll: Tory leader

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:47 - Feb 22 with 1514 viewsDrizzy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 19:58 - Feb 22 by BarrySwan

To be fair I've fully grasped the concept of a hopeless drug addict draining every last penny out of the rest of us in order to feed their addictions whilst whining that even more money should be spent on rehabilitation.

I've also grasped the concept of myself and other tax payers being forced to buy methadone on a regular basis for the same people.

How about someone pitching in for my Saturday night pint?

( I know that my mates might well argue in about me never buying a round anyway, but don't believe them I do occasionally )

I can only apologise for not providing photos and signed at the time statements from others in regards to my anecdotes, I hadn't realised at the time that I would have to provide physical proof
to yourself some years after the event. Oddly you then chunter on about how addicts have cost your parents £thousands thus backing up my examples. Once again you seem very forgiving about wasting other peoples property and money bearing in mind the thousands of 'Your parents' being milked of £millions countrywide each year.

Once again I point out that perhaps some of us are getting sick of do gooders volunteering all of our money and resources rather than just their own. For the last time you are perfectly entitled to direct every penny of your own in paying for drug addicts habits ( plus it appears that of your parents)

Stop demanding that the rest of us must do likewise,

Nobody is forcing you to pay for anything. You have a right to vote for parties that agree with your view and you have a right to leave if you feel that strongly.

The fact that is we've collectively wasted billions on the cost of policing a set of criminal laws that has done nothing to curb the effects of the drug problem, arguably worsening it. If you're fine with continuing to waste this money then that's your prerogative. I'll continue the champion the kind of policy that has proved so successful in more progressive countries.

You've just stated how you can't understand how I don't let the actions of a few individuals dictate my feelings on a wider group. If you're incapable of that I can only say sorry because it must be so frustrating living in such a tiny binary world.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:49 - Feb 22 with 1510 viewsDrizzy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:23 - Feb 22 by perchrockjack

Nothing to do with God or grace

out of touch? my hairy arse.

You miss my point spectacularly and frankly I ve no further comment to make to you,drizzy

PLENTY helping druggies then but how many helping victims...you know those poor feckers who help feed their habit. Not all druggies turn to crime./ REALLY, you need a pretty good job to finance a drug life style legally.

Sadly,as with all things on here, too much empathy directed at the wrong people.

Tiny man in his tiny bubble on the Wirral.

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:55 - Feb 22 with 1477 viewsBarrySwan

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 21:46 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

What about people who get hurt in car accidents? No one forces them to drive a car. It’s their choice.

I hope by now that you’ve started to see the utter banality and crassness of the bile you’re spouting.

Nobody forces anybody to play sport either where many injuries are treated.

Are we really comparing people driving a car or playing sport, with the general public having to fund drug addicts treatment and free methadone hits?

It's quite simple, some have expressed their entitled opinion that drug taking should be legalised.

And I'm expressing my equally entitled to opinion that I disagree with that view and am not happy that tax payers are funding the drug habits of addicts rather than the money being spent in other much needed areas beneficial to all.

I do appreciate that there are differing circumstances to addictions and that no one case is identical to another.

If anyone wishes to express the view that they wish to see legalisation of drug taking then they are free to do so.

And if others disagree with that opinion then they are free to do so as well as I have done and until convinced otherwise will continue to do so.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 22:53]
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 09:39 - Feb 23 with 1399 viewsperchrockjack

Poor analogy.

Accidents are entirely different to deliberate acts ,like smoking ,drinking ,drug taking .

It's uncomfortable to read,I appreciate that but we need to be honest.

We are often killing ourselves. ,by eating too much, the wrong things, drinking too much too often and expecting our bodies to cope. Well, often they can't.

It's crass to suggest drug taking is not a perfect example of human indulgence that catches us out.

It's utterly sickening more goes into support of drug offenders than into victim support so forgive me if my sympathy lies elsewhere . Finally, quit the fookn insults ,drizzle, it's called debate

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:28 - Feb 23 with 1380 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 17:40 - Feb 22 by Drizzy

If heroin was legalised it wouldn't be in the same way as alcohol and tobacco. It would be legal in the sense that its use is not a criminal offence for anyone of any age. Age limits are irrelevant because it's not going to be available to purchase by the general public.

If in extreme circumstances a person aged 12 was addicted to heroin and needed help then medical professionals would decide if prescription heroin was necessary. That'd be in tablet form by the way. We're not going to have kids shooting up in rehab centres, Lifey.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2018 17:49]

So are you suggesting that the only people who will have access to legal heroin are those already addicted? Also,if the drug will not be available to the general public then they will obtain it illegally, much as they do now?
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:41 - Feb 23 with 1387 viewsDrizzy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:28 - Feb 23 by lifelong

So are you suggesting that the only people who will have access to legal heroin are those already addicted? Also,if the drug will not be available to the general public then they will obtain it illegally, much as they do now?

Yes it's not going to be a miracle cure as stopping heroin use altogether would mean ending homelessness and systemic poverty. If people are already addicted they can seek medical help, without fear of imprisonment, and be allowed access to less harmful alternatives.

Why the hand-wringing, Lifey?

Login to get fewer ads

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:49 - Feb 23 with 1383 viewsDrizzy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 09:39 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

Poor analogy.

Accidents are entirely different to deliberate acts ,like smoking ,drinking ,drug taking .

It's uncomfortable to read,I appreciate that but we need to be honest.

We are often killing ourselves. ,by eating too much, the wrong things, drinking too much too often and expecting our bodies to cope. Well, often they can't.

It's crass to suggest drug taking is not a perfect example of human indulgence that catches us out.

It's utterly sickening more goes into support of drug offenders than into victim support so forgive me if my sympathy lies elsewhere . Finally, quit the fookn insults ,drizzle, it's called debate

I'm not sure how you can refer to a shooting heroin as self-indulgence, it's a consequence of desperate life circumstances that neither you or I can empathise with.

You confuse your own opinion with facts. More support doesn't go to drug offenders compared to victims (whoever victims are, you're obviously unable to define that). The amount of money spent on ineffective drug policing dwarfs the relatively marginal amount spent on rehabilitation.

Usually, a debate revolves around empirical evidence. I highly doubt you'll be able to provide that because you're trapped in your narrow view of all drugs, and their users, being evil. That kind of view has supported vastly ineffective and wasteful legislation on policing and imprisonment that has spectacularly failed in addressing the consequences of drug use.

There's nothing to support your opinion. It's merely an emotional response based on narrow-mindedness and unsubstantiated claims.

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:50 - Feb 23 with 1363 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:41 - Feb 23 by Drizzy

Yes it's not going to be a miracle cure as stopping heroin use altogether would mean ending homelessness and systemic poverty. If people are already addicted they can seek medical help, without fear of imprisonment, and be allowed access to less harmful alternatives.

Why the hand-wringing, Lifey?

I’m not hand wringing at all, I am trying to understand your argument for the legalisation of this deadly substance.
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:54 - Feb 23 with 1381 viewsDrizzy

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:50 - Feb 23 by lifelong

I’m not hand wringing at all, I am trying to understand your argument for the legalisation of this deadly substance.

It's a logical response to the drastic failure of current laws in doing anything to address heroin use and the consequences, wasting millions possibly billions in the process.

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:58 - Feb 23 with 1360 viewsperchrockjack

I'm beginning t think that some on here actually see little harm in taking drugs ,cannabis say, whereas I'm dead against it .

I've known many back home who started off on weed then went on t bigger and worse drugs

Yeah re not around to argue the toss now so forgive my indignation as ose who see as an answer . It s a gamble ,no more no less.

And ..most prostitutes are drug affected and 100 per cent have to use crime to fund their addiction.

We are responsible for our own lives

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:28 - Feb 23 with 1363 viewsOnslow

Amazing assumptions on here. What turns the casual drinker into a regular drinker into a dependant drinker into an alcoholic? What switch in the head gets flicked? Does anyone know? Do we all simply assume that alcoholics just love to get rubbered for the sake of it? Likewise drug addicts? From weed to heroin is a hell of a journey. Again, do we know why the individual does it? Peer pressure? Boredom? Addictive personality? Depression? Abuse? Escapism?

Nah, all addicts are just pissheads and junkies, getting smashed out of their brains for fun, and not to escape or avoid serious underlying issues. Well according to the f*cking experts on here they are anyway.

She keeps passin' me by...

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:34 - Feb 23 with 1357 viewsHighjack

Anyone got a spare copy of this drugs map?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:34 - Feb 23 with 1357 viewsShonky

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 11:50 - Feb 23 by lifelong

Alcohol is a deadly substance that costs the NHS billions each year and is a factor in over 50% of this countries crime. Its legal though so its all ok.
If alcohol was assessed as new drug on the market, given the inherent risks, it would be a class A. Only the riot that would ensue prevents this from happening.
I could kill myself with cream cakes(if I eat enough of them) or paracetamol. Why aren't they illegal?

[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 12:39]

Its just a ride...

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:43 - Feb 23 with 1347 viewsShonky

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:28 - Feb 23 by Onslow

Amazing assumptions on here. What turns the casual drinker into a regular drinker into a dependant drinker into an alcoholic? What switch in the head gets flicked? Does anyone know? Do we all simply assume that alcoholics just love to get rubbered for the sake of it? Likewise drug addicts? From weed to heroin is a hell of a journey. Again, do we know why the individual does it? Peer pressure? Boredom? Addictive personality? Depression? Abuse? Escapism?

Nah, all addicts are just pissheads and junkies, getting smashed out of their brains for fun, and not to escape or avoid serious underlying issues. Well according to the f*cking experts on here they are anyway.

Studies have shown addicts tend to have impaired impulse control function in their brains.
The Physiology of Impulsivity ....

The mind’s ability to control impulses is rooted in the prefrontal cortex....
Dopamine and gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA) are the neurotransmitters responsible for impulsivity. Alcohol increases the effects of both. For someone who already has an imbalance of these neurotransmitters, a trait that appears to be common in addicts, the least amount of alcohol in the bloodstream magnifies the inability to control impulses. This means that one drink can quickly lead to many more, which in turn triggers further impulsive behavior.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 12:51]

Its just a ride...

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:53 - Feb 23 with 1331 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:34 - Feb 23 by Shonky

Alcohol is a deadly substance that costs the NHS billions each year and is a factor in over 50% of this countries crime. Its legal though so its all ok.
If alcohol was assessed as new drug on the market, given the inherent risks, it would be a class A. Only the riot that would ensue prevents this from happening.
I could kill myself with cream cakes(if I eat enough of them) or paracetamol. Why aren't they illegal?

[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 12:39]

Whenever the drugs debate gets an airing on here the alcohol subject rears its head, it’s worthy of a thread of its own, I just don’t see how legalising heroin use would make things any better.
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:03 - Feb 23 with 1330 viewsNeath_Jack

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:53 - Feb 23 by lifelong

Whenever the drugs debate gets an airing on here the alcohol subject rears its head, it’s worthy of a thread of its own, I just don’t see how legalising heroin use would make things any better.

You obviously wouldn't like alcohol compared to drugs, because you brew the stuff yourself. That should definitely be made illegal.

Alcohol is good and drugs are bad.

Not for me, they're different sides of the same coin. So anyone on here who enjoys a drink, is no better then the youngster that goes out and has a line of bugle on a weekend, then turns up for his job on a Monday morning.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:08 - Feb 23 with 1318 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:03 - Feb 23 by Neath_Jack

You obviously wouldn't like alcohol compared to drugs, because you brew the stuff yourself. That should definitely be made illegal.

Alcohol is good and drugs are bad.

Not for me, they're different sides of the same coin. So anyone on here who enjoys a drink, is no better then the youngster that goes out and has a line of bugle on a weekend, then turns up for his job on a Monday morning.

Fair play Neath that made me smile..please don’t report me to the authories for making a litre of Sloe Gin every winter.
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 1316 viewsJackfath

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:08 - Feb 23 by lifelong

Fair play Neath that made me smile..please don’t report me to the authories for making a litre of Sloe Gin every winter.

You also supply this drug.

You're going to jail my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1312 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:11 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

You also supply this drug.

You're going to jail my friend.

It’s a fair cop Gov.
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:15 - Feb 23 with 1313 viewsNeath_Jack

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:08 - Feb 23 by lifelong

Eh? Why would i report you? That's a silly statement to make isn't it.

Again, those who are quickest to have a go at drug users, are only too quick to defend those who enjoy alcohol. As is evidenced by your reply.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:20 - Feb 23 with 1307 viewsnantywatcher

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 12:53 - Feb 23 by lifelong

Because the problems alcohol creates dwarfs problems created through drug taking.
Making heroin legal may not be the answer, but it is something that should be very seriously debated at the highest level - asap.
Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:20 - Feb 23 with 1306 viewsDarran

I’m glad I’ve never had anything to do with the sloe gin output.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:30 - Feb 23 with 1290 viewslifelong

Drugs map of Britain BBC1 last night - Swansea heroin on 13:20 - Feb 23 by Darran

I’m glad I’ve never had anything to do with the sloe gin output.

I would never take you down with me Dar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024