Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Oxfam malarkey... 16:44 - Feb 16 with 1358 viewsLohengrin

I’m a bit hazy on the details despite hearing a lot of the fuss, is the issue simply that the aid workers were using prostitutes or that they were using charity funds to make whoopee?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This Oxfam malarkey... on 16:50 - Feb 16 with 1348 viewsdickythorpe

Charity funds!!! They get millions off big businesses. A sham charity
This Oxfam malarkey... on 16:58 - Feb 16 with 1337 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 16:50 - Feb 16 by dickythorpe

Charity funds!!! They get millions off big businesses. A sham charity

I said that to the wife last night when I was watching the news. It said that the government may withdraw their £32million funding. I said I thought it was a charity.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:26 - Feb 16 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

The whole issue is beyond disgusting.
This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:29 - Feb 16 with 1294 viewslondonlisa2001

This Oxfam malarkey... on 16:58 - Feb 16 by Darran

I said that to the wife last night when I was watching the news. It said that the government may withdraw their £32million funding. I said I thought it was a charity.

The government use charities working on the ground to funnel aid Darran. That bit makes sense.

In this particular case, the actions of the Oxfam workers and Oxfam's response are sickening.
This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:29 - Feb 16 with 1291 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:29 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

The government use charities working on the ground to funnel aid Darran. That bit makes sense.

In this particular case, the actions of the Oxfam workers and Oxfam's response are sickening.

Indeed,horrific.

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:35 - Feb 16 with 1285 viewsdickythorpe

I never forgot the words of a man who knocke my door once, " did you know the Church of England invests in arms?"

I told him , " I do now, can you invest in legs and go away?"
This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:36 - Feb 16 with 1283 viewslondonlisa2001

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:29 - Feb 16 by Darran

Indeed,horrific.

Did you see the perverted creep being interviewed on the news last night?

He can't see what he has done wrong.
This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 1279 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:36 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

Did you see the perverted creep being interviewed on the news last night?

He can't see what he has done wrong.

No I did not but I’ve read enough and it’s sickening.

Login to get fewer ads

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:39 - Feb 16 with 1276 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:35 - Feb 16 by dickythorpe

I never forgot the words of a man who knocke my door once, " did you know the Church of England invests in arms?"

I told him , " I do now, can you invest in legs and go away?"

DIdnt get his number did you?

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:41 - Feb 16 with 1277 viewsJack_Kass

Sadly only the tip of the iceberg concerning them and their actions in countries like Haiti.

Horrible organisation.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 1254 viewslondonlisa2001

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:41 - Feb 16 by Jack_Kass

Sadly only the tip of the iceberg concerning them and their actions in countries like Haiti.

Horrible organisation.

I think this may be the end for them. As you say, it appears that there is quite a lot that may now be exposed, and the withdrawal of government support (which seems quite possible) would be huge.

I do feel sorry for the scores of genuine aid workers that are working with only the best of intentions. They must feel sick about this.
This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:00 - Feb 16 with 1243 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:51 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

I think this may be the end for them. As you say, it appears that there is quite a lot that may now be exposed, and the withdrawal of government support (which seems quite possible) would be huge.

I do feel sorry for the scores of genuine aid workers that are working with only the best of intentions. They must feel sick about this.

I read on Twits earlier that Glastonbury are going to continue to support them.

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:12 - Feb 16 with 1232 viewslondonlisa2001

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:00 - Feb 16 by Darran

I read on Twits earlier that Glastonbury are going to continue to support them.

Yes I saw that as well.

But I wonder whether they (Glasto) may come to regret what may be a hasty decision. There appears to be stuff beginning to come out about some systematic culture issues. I read an interview with an aid worker who said that she had personally reported incidents which had been routinely ignored and she knows of others who did as well.

For me, the worst issue in many ways is the response. Any organisation can have bad people. It's awful, but that's the reality. But covering it up? Re-employing one of them? Absolutely unforgivable.

What is dreadful as well though, is the glee from some elements of the press who are owned by those who would wish Oxfam harm, and also those who are attempting to use this as an excuse for cutting the aid budget.
This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:22 - Feb 16 with 1214 viewstheloneranger

The worst thing about these horrific stories is that the British Government and the well meaning British public are donating vast sums of money, so that these predatory paedophiles are paid, insured, housed and flown into these developing countries to gain access to children.

These Oxfam revelations are just the tip of the iceberg!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:23 - Feb 16 with 1208 viewsDarran

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:12 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

Yes I saw that as well.

But I wonder whether they (Glasto) may come to regret what may be a hasty decision. There appears to be stuff beginning to come out about some systematic culture issues. I read an interview with an aid worker who said that she had personally reported incidents which had been routinely ignored and she knows of others who did as well.

For me, the worst issue in many ways is the response. Any organisation can have bad people. It's awful, but that's the reality. But covering it up? Re-employing one of them? Absolutely unforgivable.

What is dreadful as well though, is the glee from some elements of the press who are owned by those who would wish Oxfam harm, and also those who are attempting to use this as an excuse for cutting the aid budget.

Well as horrific as these reports are the gutter press aren’t going to remember anything good Oxfam have done in past.
It’s a crazy world.

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:32 - Feb 16 with 1194 viewslondonlisa2001

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:23 - Feb 16 by Darran

Well as horrific as these reports are the gutter press aren’t going to remember anything good Oxfam have done in past.
It’s a crazy world.

Indeed.

I've never really been a supporter as I've always been critical of the amount of money that actually gets to the front line. The % of each pound raised that gets there is relatively low (one of the lowest of any charity).

But there is no doubt that vital projects are funded and supported by them.

Reading news btw that the government have just announced that Oxfam will not apply for any funding until a thorough review has been carried out.

Edited to add - oh, and the Uk head has to go if they want the review to be taken seriously. His interview is shocking.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 18:36]
This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:37 - Feb 16 with 1181 viewsPrivate_Partz

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:23 - Feb 16 by Darran

It’s a crazy world.

Do we know the full extent of all this yet? Is it just a tiny minority who have behaved disgracefully and therfore tarnishing all the employees and volunteers who do a fine job? Apparently the number of aid workers out there on the name of Oxfam runs into the tens of thousands.
There is a danger that, even if this is a small minority, the good name of Oxfam could be tarnished forever and, more importantly, the good work they are doing will end leaving millions in an even more perilous state than they are now.
We need to need to be careful with our accusations and reactions until the full extent of this horror is known.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

This Oxfam malarkey... on 20:43 - Feb 16 with 1101 viewsJack_Kass

This Oxfam malarkey... on 18:37 - Feb 16 by Private_Partz

Do we know the full extent of all this yet? Is it just a tiny minority who have behaved disgracefully and therfore tarnishing all the employees and volunteers who do a fine job? Apparently the number of aid workers out there on the name of Oxfam runs into the tens of thousands.
There is a danger that, even if this is a small minority, the good name of Oxfam could be tarnished forever and, more importantly, the good work they are doing will end leaving millions in an even more perilous state than they are now.
We need to need to be careful with our accusations and reactions until the full extent of this horror is known.

One of the top 'directors', or whatever you wany to call them, was also involved in the BBC cover up regarding actions of one Sir James Savile.

Apparently such like minded people have been abusing the system for a long time.

This Oxfam malarkey... on 00:22 - Feb 17 with 1018 viewstheloneranger

United Nations staff have been accused of committing 60,000 Rapes and Sexual Assaults in the past 10 years.

Plus they're accused of employing around 3,300 paedophiles in their organisation and agencies!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This Oxfam malarkey... on 01:00 - Feb 17 with 999 viewsJack_Kass

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/oxfam-latest-sex-scandal-prostitu

This Oxfam malarkey... on 07:44 - Feb 17 with 952 viewsbuilthjack

This Oxfam malarkey... on 17:39 - Feb 16 by Darran

DIdnt get his number did you?

Fair play

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024