Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox 19:35 - Feb 16 with 7313 viewsBrynCartwright

Party rules says the deputy has to be a woman if the leader is a man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-43085824

Vice versa; could someone tell me if this remains if the leader is a woman.

This sort of sexist rubbish needs to be driven out.

Please, please just deliver a MERITOCRACY..

The best candidates need to be given their positions whether that have fannies or cocks.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:29 - Feb 18 with 1706 viewsHighjack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 07:12 - Feb 18 by Mo_Wives

I may be wrong, but I think he was replying to someone making a sweeping generalisation.

Indeed, and I'm a little bit offended that he assumed my race and gender. I've stated several times that I'm a schrodigender after googling it the other day.

Also my grandfather was from Egypt so I suppose that makes me mixed race. Does this make me a minority therefore granting me a right to opinion?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:36 - Feb 18 with 1700 viewsBanosswan

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:29 - Feb 18 by Highjack

Indeed, and I'm a little bit offended that he assumed my race and gender. I've stated several times that I'm a schrodigender after googling it the other day.

Also my grandfather was from Egypt so I suppose that makes me mixed race. Does this make me a minority therefore granting me a right to opinion?

Your grandfather is obviously the influence on your gender. Obsession with cats etc

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 1695 viewsHighjack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:36 - Feb 18 by Banosswan

Your grandfather is obviously the influence on your gender. Obsession with cats etc

Yes he also used to lock me in a box which often left me wondering if there was anything outside the box. But no long term harm was caused.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 1680 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 13:29 - Feb 18 by Highjack

You may have a human rights case here. Let me identify as a human rights lawyer for a moment.

Yes, Mr Jack, you do have a case. That'll be 100 pounds thank you.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 14:45 - Feb 18 with 1674 viewsperchrockjack

Can you give me his details Mo.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 15:38 - Feb 18 with 1646 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 14:45 - Feb 18 by perchrockjack

Can you give me his details Mo.

Yes.

34(D)-24-33

Like prime Sam Fox.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 16:50 - Feb 18 with 1632 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks Mo.

It's adequate

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 21:02 - Feb 18 with 1591 viewsWingstandwood

This PC cr@p has (again!) of late truly become my snowflake nephews forte! He got offended earlier today when I described (the musician was) a band member playing at an away-trip Chelsea bar-venue stop-off as "The black saxophonist".

He was momentarily offended because apparently "I brought race into it" with (in his mind!) gratuitous mention of skin colour.... Luckily for me his offence subsided when I explained that his 'interruption-by-offence' had stopped me from my further descriptive gist i.e. the band looked like a proper New Orleans jazz combo because of its members skin colour.

I seriously cannot fathom the desperate requirement to seek offence by using vivid imagination based upon absolutely f#ck all. PC loons!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 22:36]

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 11:29 - Feb 19 with 1517 viewsacejack3065

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 07:10 - Feb 18 by Mo_Wives

FFS, it's like an army of the f*cking dead marching at you. "Women are under represented...therefore women are being cheated". Stop it or you'll go to bed without any supper.

Why are you judging if something is a meritocracy by the percentage of people with unimportant characteristics, like skin colour or cock n balls or tits, hold said position? The ONLY thing that matters in judging a meritocracy is if the best person for the job got that job. Is the 100 meters not a meritocracy because the best people in the world at it are overwhelmingly black men? Are white men and women being cheated? We judge a Marxist utopia by percentage of representation. We judge a meritocracy by looking if the best person gets rewarded.

And when you say we have to fight for it...

Why aren't you fighting to 'fix' the gender gap in dangerous dirty jobs?. You know, the jobs that account for men being over 90% of the deaths at work. Why aren't you pushing to get more women into dangerous jobs?
Why aren't you crying about men overwhelmingly picking up the shit outside your house and chucking it into the wagon?

Why aren't you complaining about jobs like nursing or pharmacy work where women are over represented?

Why aren't you complaining that young women are now a third more likely to go to university than young men?

Why are you only trying to 'fix' comfy well paying jobs where women are under represented?

And finally, why are you judging the value of someone's opinion by what sex or gender they are? Once again, stop that.

army of the f*cking dead? You've always been so much nicer than that.

You're setting me up with a lot of assumptions that don't apply, mind you you're good at that. I picked parliament as an example because we were talking about a political position. Also Parliament is where the power is in this country so I'd respectfully say that yes it is more important to get an appropriate societal balance in our legislature than in the battery centres for example.

I bet you're like those people on "The Donald" reddit who want more white players in the NBA
Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 14:26 - Feb 19 with 1484 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 11:29 - Feb 19 by acejack3065

army of the f*cking dead? You've always been so much nicer than that.

You're setting me up with a lot of assumptions that don't apply, mind you you're good at that. I picked parliament as an example because we were talking about a political position. Also Parliament is where the power is in this country so I'd respectfully say that yes it is more important to get an appropriate societal balance in our legislature than in the battery centres for example.

I bet you're like those people on "The Donald" reddit who want more white players in the NBA

First off, I'm always nice. My language may not be and I may seem aggressive but if I'm calling you a w@nker, you should not picture me pointing in your face and shouting, but rather, me tickling your ribs, big smile on my chops, saying "you're a w@nker". And I'm always looking to get to a place we can agree. My philosophy is 'resolution through conflict'...you may call it Jeremy Kyle-ism .

I disagree. I am only interested in giving the job to the best person. I don't believe in discrimination on sex, skin colour or against poofters.
You want to bring 'balance' so what shall we do? discriminate against straight, white men for a decade or two until it's achieved? We will then have raised a generation of kids to believe discrimination is OK. Or it's OK against white people. That generation will then go on to run the country...imagine what horrors they could create. And all because we (well, not me...you!) wanted to look at all the women and the brown faces and the black faces in parliament and pat ourselves (yourselves) on the back because we are against discrimination. Just don't mention the fact you had to discriminate to get to that point, init?

And this idea that only women can represent women's interests is sexist. As the idea, only black people can represent black people's interests, is racist. Look at you Ace. You're a white man defending discrimination against men. Telling people their views count less because they are white men. And there's millions like you. Also this parliament of mainly white men are making rules that discriminate against men...so why do you think women will be mistreated unless we have 50% women?

And as for the people on 'The Donald', in case you haven't realised, they are like you, not me, my friend. You are OK with discrimination and they are OK with discrimination while I am against discrimination. You do not disagree with their tactics, only their targets. I often have to point out to people that progressives are the same as the Alt-right/white supremacists etc. They both go into a cinema and count the number of black faces in the movie. If they don't find the number acceptable they are outraged.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 14:40]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 15:41 - Feb 19 with 1455 viewsacejack3065

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 14:26 - Feb 19 by Mo_Wives

First off, I'm always nice. My language may not be and I may seem aggressive but if I'm calling you a w@nker, you should not picture me pointing in your face and shouting, but rather, me tickling your ribs, big smile on my chops, saying "you're a w@nker". And I'm always looking to get to a place we can agree. My philosophy is 'resolution through conflict'...you may call it Jeremy Kyle-ism .

I disagree. I am only interested in giving the job to the best person. I don't believe in discrimination on sex, skin colour or against poofters.
You want to bring 'balance' so what shall we do? discriminate against straight, white men for a decade or two until it's achieved? We will then have raised a generation of kids to believe discrimination is OK. Or it's OK against white people. That generation will then go on to run the country...imagine what horrors they could create. And all because we (well, not me...you!) wanted to look at all the women and the brown faces and the black faces in parliament and pat ourselves (yourselves) on the back because we are against discrimination. Just don't mention the fact you had to discriminate to get to that point, init?

And this idea that only women can represent women's interests is sexist. As the idea, only black people can represent black people's interests, is racist. Look at you Ace. You're a white man defending discrimination against men. Telling people their views count less because they are white men. And there's millions like you. Also this parliament of mainly white men are making rules that discriminate against men...so why do you think women will be mistreated unless we have 50% women?

And as for the people on 'The Donald', in case you haven't realised, they are like you, not me, my friend. You are OK with discrimination and they are OK with discrimination while I am against discrimination. You do not disagree with their tactics, only their targets. I often have to point out to people that progressives are the same as the Alt-right/white supremacists etc. They both go into a cinema and count the number of black faces in the movie. If they don't find the number acceptable they are outraged.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 14:40]

The "I don't discriminate" line is admirable and I appreciate it. Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share your meritocratic world view. Promoting gender balance, using all women shortlists as a tool works to break the cycle of maintaining power within control of one specific demographic. Does the fact that so few women have been elected to parliament show that women are thick and lazy and all the men deserved it? Or does it show that society is constructed in a way that hinders people based on arbitrary factors such as gender or race, rather than allowing them to achieve their potential?

"so why do you think women will be mistreated unless we have 50% women?" Um, because historically they have been mistreated when not represented sufficiently. Look, I'm happy that we live in a society where we can debate whether All women shortlists are a good thing rather than one that forcefeeds women on hunger strike for the vote like 100 years ago. I'm glad that the world has changed for the better over the last 25 years but there is still much to be done.

"And this idea that only women can represent women's interests is sexist." Well that depends on the issue surely? On the topic of Abortion, I wouldn't dare tell women what to do with their bodies.

I've had to work hard to get A levels, get an excellence bursary, go to uni and get a job that keeps me in beer money and enough swans away days to tidy me over each season but as a white male i can honestly say ive never felt discriminated against because of my race, sexual orientation or gender. My female, gay, and non white friends and colleagues have spoken to me about countless experiences they've had where they did suffer abuse because of gender, race, sexual orientation. The day I face discrimination is the day i will set up a liberation group at labour conference, scouts honour.

The people on the Donald, much like white supremacists advocating "White Pride" are only interested in maintaining white superiority. I find those views appalling and share nothing with them politically.
Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 16:37 - Feb 19 with 1430 viewsHighjack

Around 30% of candidates in the last election were female. Around 30% of MPs in parliament are female. Seems fairly proportionate to me. And doesn't suggest that women are less likely to get elected than men.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 22:56 - Feb 19 with 1365 viewsDJack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 16:37 - Feb 19 by Highjack

Around 30% of candidates in the last election were female. Around 30% of MPs in parliament are female. Seems fairly proportionate to me. And doesn't suggest that women are less likely to get elected than men.

..."Around 30% of MPs in parliament are female. Seems fairly proportionate to me. And doesn't suggest that women are less likely to get elected than men."

So, women are just as likely to be elected as men but somehow whilst they form 50% of the population 30% elected as MPs is proportional in your eyes! Putting aside both your and my oversimplification the 20% gap is remarkable.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 23:29 - Feb 19 with 1352 viewsHighjack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 22:56 - Feb 19 by DJack

..."Around 30% of MPs in parliament are female. Seems fairly proportionate to me. And doesn't suggest that women are less likely to get elected than men."

So, women are just as likely to be elected as men but somehow whilst they form 50% of the population 30% elected as MPs is proportional in your eyes! Putting aside both your and my oversimplification the 20% gap is remarkable.

It's a number elected to Parliament proportional to the number of women running for election.

Not proportional to the population.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 23:53 - Feb 19 with 1340 viewsDJack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 23:29 - Feb 19 by Highjack

It's a number elected to Parliament proportional to the number of women running for election.

Not proportional to the population.

Hence my statement on over-simplification. Apart from the women only lists the chances of women at their local level being selected, to run for Parliament, by a group of aged white men is often limited...but you knew that anyway.

BTW I'm not a fan of women only lists as it is used to undermine the legitimacy of the process. BUT it is still not a level playing field.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 00:11 - Feb 20 with 1331 viewsHighjack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 23:53 - Feb 19 by DJack

Hence my statement on over-simplification. Apart from the women only lists the chances of women at their local level being selected, to run for Parliament, by a group of aged white men is often limited...but you knew that anyway.

BTW I'm not a fan of women only lists as it is used to undermine the legitimacy of the process. BUT it is still not a level playing field.

There we go again. Another dig at white men from the people fighting racism and sexism, but these ones are aged so we can chuck ageism in there for the hypocrisy hat trick.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 01:42 - Feb 20 with 1313 viewsDJack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 00:11 - Feb 20 by Highjack

There we go again. Another dig at white men from the people fighting racism and sexism, but these ones are aged so we can chuck ageism in there for the hypocrisy hat trick.

There we go again, another piss-poor assumption. I'm not fighting sexism nor racism here nor anywhere else, I'm just posting what I've either seen, heard or seen demonstrated/alleged from other sources. So your attributed hypocrisy hat-trick has fallen on its ass.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 01:47 - Feb 20 with 1311 viewsDJack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 00:11 - Feb 20 by Highjack

p.s.

Nice deflection with the ad hominen attack.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 07:22 - Feb 20 with 1293 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 15:41 - Feb 19 by acejack3065

The "I don't discriminate" line is admirable and I appreciate it. Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share your meritocratic world view. Promoting gender balance, using all women shortlists as a tool works to break the cycle of maintaining power within control of one specific demographic. Does the fact that so few women have been elected to parliament show that women are thick and lazy and all the men deserved it? Or does it show that society is constructed in a way that hinders people based on arbitrary factors such as gender or race, rather than allowing them to achieve their potential?

"so why do you think women will be mistreated unless we have 50% women?" Um, because historically they have been mistreated when not represented sufficiently. Look, I'm happy that we live in a society where we can debate whether All women shortlists are a good thing rather than one that forcefeeds women on hunger strike for the vote like 100 years ago. I'm glad that the world has changed for the better over the last 25 years but there is still much to be done.

"And this idea that only women can represent women's interests is sexist." Well that depends on the issue surely? On the topic of Abortion, I wouldn't dare tell women what to do with their bodies.

I've had to work hard to get A levels, get an excellence bursary, go to uni and get a job that keeps me in beer money and enough swans away days to tidy me over each season but as a white male i can honestly say ive never felt discriminated against because of my race, sexual orientation or gender. My female, gay, and non white friends and colleagues have spoken to me about countless experiences they've had where they did suffer abuse because of gender, race, sexual orientation. The day I face discrimination is the day i will set up a liberation group at labour conference, scouts honour.

The people on the Donald, much like white supremacists advocating "White Pride" are only interested in maintaining white superiority. I find those views appalling and share nothing with them politically.

"Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share your meritocratic world view."

A - Yes, I know. Your views are the establishment. You'll be telling us we live in a society run by white supremacists next.

"Does the fact that so few women have been elected to parliament show that women are thick and lazy and all the men deserved it? Or does it show that society is constructed in a way that hinders people based on arbitrary factors such as gender or race, rather than allowing them to achieve their potential?"

A- There is another option. Maybe far more men choose to go into politics. There is also something called the gender paradox where the more equal a society becomes along the lines of gender the more people choose careers typical of their sex (males go into 'male' professions. Females into 'female' professions)
But simply, I don't know the answer. You don't know the answer either, by the sound of it. So do you think we could find the answer before we jump to state sanctioned discrimination, FFS?

"I'm glad that the world has changed for the better over the last 25 years but there is still much to be done."

A- The world changed for the better because we stopped making laws that treat people differently based on their sex or skin colour. You want to drag us back there...you are not 'progressives' you are 'regressives'

Maybe we could photoshop something about 'cock n balls' or 'tits' onto that quote.

"I wouldn't dare tell women what to do with their bodies."

A- As an MP you're suppose to represent the people. You're not suppose to tell them what to do. You ask for their views and represent them. And either way you're going to be going against the wishes of some women because they don't all share one brain. They are individuals with different, often opposing, opinions.

"I've had to work hard to get A levels, get an excellence bursary, go to uni and get a job that keeps me in beer money and enough swans away days to tidy me over each season but as a white male i can honestly say ive never felt discriminated against because of my race, sexual orientation or gender."

A- And there we have it ladies and gentleman. "I'm alright Jack" "It hasn't effected me and until it does it's not a problem". Maybe if you'd been told you can't have your job because as a straight, white male you were born wrong, you may be more sympathetic. How about you go and speak to a class of young white boys. Let's say 10 year olds. And you can tell them how they have done nothing wrong but society is going to treat them like second class citizens because they were born wrong. Honestly, I hope one day, that like Skynet, progressives become self aware and turn around and say "Oh...we're the racists and the sexists. We are the ones who treat people differently due to their sex or race".
BTW, did you say that you work in politics? I may be wrong, but I think I remember you saying that. If so, why not step down and give your job to a woman?. Be the change you want to see in the world.

"My female, gay, and non white friends and colleagues have spoken to me about countless experiences they've had where they did suffer abuse because of gender, race, sexual orientation"

A- Progressives run around telling everyone how they've been victimised...shocking!
Anyway, why do you care? you've shown you are OK with the state discriminating against people due to their sex, race or gender. Why is it OK to discriminate against young white boys, but not against any other group. As I said, you only disagree with the targets of white supremacists. You have no problem with their tactics.

"The people on the Donald, much like white supremacists advocating "White Pride" are only interested in maintaining white superiority. I find those views appalling and share nothing with them politically."

A- The people on the Donald, white supremacists, Alt-right, white ethno-nationalists all have different positions. It's a wide ranging group. But they do believe that white people are under attack. They believe "Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share (my) meritocratic world view." and they are discriminating against white people. They believe that the governments are openly discriminating against white people for jobs and college (God knows where they get these crazy ideas. Paranoid Crackers, innit.). They believe other groups can have their 'Gay pride' 'Black pride' etc but if they say they have 'White pride' then society says this is appalling.
So what am I getting at? These people believe they are being oppressed and so to fight this oppression, like you, they are fine with discriminating.
Let me try and make this easier so you can grasp it. I'm not saying you share their political ideas or goals...I'm saying you are willing to use the same tactics (discrimination) to achieve your political goals. Incidentally, the same tactics the Nazis used to redress the 'Balance' when they viewed the crafty Jew as being too successful and infringing on the success of the German people. The biggest difference between white supremacists and progressives, IMO, is that the white supremacist admit that they're racist.
Look Ace, you're not stupid, take a walk through history. It is not a good idea to allow a government to discriminate against any group of people because they were born wrong...even if that government thinks it is fighting injustice. In fact, most of the times governments go 'bad' it's because they started out fighting what they saw as injustice and started discriminating against the 'privileged'
Now discriminating against someone because of their sex or race is wrong. It is injustice...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 09:52 - Feb 20 with 1252 viewsHighjack

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 01:47 - Feb 20 by DJack

p.s.

Nice deflection with the ad hominen attack.

I don't know who this ad hominem bloke is but if he's a white male he probably deserves it.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:15 - Feb 20 with 1242 viewsacejack3065

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 07:22 - Feb 20 by Mo_Wives

"Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share your meritocratic world view."

A - Yes, I know. Your views are the establishment. You'll be telling us we live in a society run by white supremacists next.

"Does the fact that so few women have been elected to parliament show that women are thick and lazy and all the men deserved it? Or does it show that society is constructed in a way that hinders people based on arbitrary factors such as gender or race, rather than allowing them to achieve their potential?"

A- There is another option. Maybe far more men choose to go into politics. There is also something called the gender paradox where the more equal a society becomes along the lines of gender the more people choose careers typical of their sex (males go into 'male' professions. Females into 'female' professions)
But simply, I don't know the answer. You don't know the answer either, by the sound of it. So do you think we could find the answer before we jump to state sanctioned discrimination, FFS?

"I'm glad that the world has changed for the better over the last 25 years but there is still much to be done."

A- The world changed for the better because we stopped making laws that treat people differently based on their sex or skin colour. You want to drag us back there...you are not 'progressives' you are 'regressives'

Maybe we could photoshop something about 'cock n balls' or 'tits' onto that quote.

"I wouldn't dare tell women what to do with their bodies."

A- As an MP you're suppose to represent the people. You're not suppose to tell them what to do. You ask for their views and represent them. And either way you're going to be going against the wishes of some women because they don't all share one brain. They are individuals with different, often opposing, opinions.

"I've had to work hard to get A levels, get an excellence bursary, go to uni and get a job that keeps me in beer money and enough swans away days to tidy me over each season but as a white male i can honestly say ive never felt discriminated against because of my race, sexual orientation or gender."

A- And there we have it ladies and gentleman. "I'm alright Jack" "It hasn't effected me and until it does it's not a problem". Maybe if you'd been told you can't have your job because as a straight, white male you were born wrong, you may be more sympathetic. How about you go and speak to a class of young white boys. Let's say 10 year olds. And you can tell them how they have done nothing wrong but society is going to treat them like second class citizens because they were born wrong. Honestly, I hope one day, that like Skynet, progressives become self aware and turn around and say "Oh...we're the racists and the sexists. We are the ones who treat people differently due to their sex or race".
BTW, did you say that you work in politics? I may be wrong, but I think I remember you saying that. If so, why not step down and give your job to a woman?. Be the change you want to see in the world.

"My female, gay, and non white friends and colleagues have spoken to me about countless experiences they've had where they did suffer abuse because of gender, race, sexual orientation"

A- Progressives run around telling everyone how they've been victimised...shocking!
Anyway, why do you care? you've shown you are OK with the state discriminating against people due to their sex, race or gender. Why is it OK to discriminate against young white boys, but not against any other group. As I said, you only disagree with the targets of white supremacists. You have no problem with their tactics.

"The people on the Donald, much like white supremacists advocating "White Pride" are only interested in maintaining white superiority. I find those views appalling and share nothing with them politically."

A- The people on the Donald, white supremacists, Alt-right, white ethno-nationalists all have different positions. It's a wide ranging group. But they do believe that white people are under attack. They believe "Unfortunately many powerful people within society don't share (my) meritocratic world view." and they are discriminating against white people. They believe that the governments are openly discriminating against white people for jobs and college (God knows where they get these crazy ideas. Paranoid Crackers, innit.). They believe other groups can have their 'Gay pride' 'Black pride' etc but if they say they have 'White pride' then society says this is appalling.
So what am I getting at? These people believe they are being oppressed and so to fight this oppression, like you, they are fine with discriminating.
Let me try and make this easier so you can grasp it. I'm not saying you share their political ideas or goals...I'm saying you are willing to use the same tactics (discrimination) to achieve your political goals. Incidentally, the same tactics the Nazis used to redress the 'Balance' when they viewed the crafty Jew as being too successful and infringing on the success of the German people. The biggest difference between white supremacists and progressives, IMO, is that the white supremacist admit that they're racist.
Look Ace, you're not stupid, take a walk through history. It is not a good idea to allow a government to discriminate against any group of people because they were born wrong...even if that government thinks it is fighting injustice. In fact, most of the times governments go 'bad' it's because they started out fighting what they saw as injustice and started discriminating against the 'privileged'
Now discriminating against someone because of their sex or race is wrong. It is injustice...

And it all comes out in the one big "Poor whites" post. You've accused "progressives" of playing the victim when your whole post is about the rough deal young, white men get these days. I'd love to know about the barrage of discrimination we face collectively, rather than these isolated incidents that are perfectly reasonable, explainable and justifiable when you consider the context of them.

I'd be more than happy to address a class of young, white men and tell them all about the discrimination they'd be likely to face. Wouldn't take long. I could just tell them that they are going to go through life without facing any discrimination except if they want to stand for some elections at certain times within the Labour party. Have I missed anything? No, didn't think so.

" Maybe if you'd been told you can't have your job because as a straight, white male you were born wrong, you may be more sympathetic. " It hasn't happened though, and isn't happening, and won't happen in future. I'm sure that statement is also applicable to everyone though, I won't bother to look it up and check it for historical context.
Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:18 - Feb 20 with 1241 viewsLohengrin

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 09:52 - Feb 20 by Highjack

I don't know who this ad hominem bloke is but if he's a white male he probably deserves it.

There’s a lot of it going around, High...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:37 - Feb 20 with 1235 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:15 - Feb 20 by acejack3065

And it all comes out in the one big "Poor whites" post. You've accused "progressives" of playing the victim when your whole post is about the rough deal young, white men get these days. I'd love to know about the barrage of discrimination we face collectively, rather than these isolated incidents that are perfectly reasonable, explainable and justifiable when you consider the context of them.

I'd be more than happy to address a class of young, white men and tell them all about the discrimination they'd be likely to face. Wouldn't take long. I could just tell them that they are going to go through life without facing any discrimination except if they want to stand for some elections at certain times within the Labour party. Have I missed anything? No, didn't think so.

" Maybe if you'd been told you can't have your job because as a straight, white male you were born wrong, you may be more sympathetic. " It hasn't happened though, and isn't happening, and won't happen in future. I'm sure that statement is also applicable to everyone though, I won't bother to look it up and check it for historical context.

Let's strip this down.

Why is it wrong to discriminate against someone due to their sex, race or sexuality?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 1216 viewsacejack3065

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:37 - Feb 20 by Mo_Wives

Let's strip this down.

Why is it wrong to discriminate against someone due to their sex, race or sexuality?

You can't remove context and history. Also, do you get annoyed at the kids in wheelchairs skipping the queues at disneyland?
Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 1212 viewsMo_Wives

Welsh Deputy First Leader Assembly PC Bollox on 10:52 - Feb 20 by acejack3065

You can't remove context and history. Also, do you get annoyed at the kids in wheelchairs skipping the queues at disneyland?

First off, are you comparing women and black people to disabled kids? FFS, women and black people are not disabled, they do not need you to save them. Nice to see your true thoughts slip out there

And the answer to the question is: Race, sex and sexuality are not a marker of how well somebody can do a particular job. They are not a marker of how a person thinks or the views they hold. Thinking this way is racist and sexist.
If you got a position as an MP you would probably be for women only quotas.
While someone like, let's say Katie Hopkins, would want to scrap them.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024