Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton 08:45 - Feb 17 with 13128 viewsmonmouth

Do an excellent away fan guide

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/pdfs/away-fan-guide-201718-full

The travel from the town to the stadium is free with our tickets. They really have got their act together.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brighton on 10:48 - Feb 17 with 9103 viewsAguycalledJack

Noticed the discriminatory chanting section. Can’t wait for the home end to be emptied when they start calling us sheep shaggers.

On another note extremely helpful as me and Mrs jack are going for the weekend.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 10:48]
Brighton on 11:11 - Feb 17 with 9085 viewsmax936

I hope they don't object to me sitting amongst them next week, because quiet I won't be

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brighton on 11:15 - Feb 17 with 9080 viewsmax936

Brighton on 10:48 - Feb 17 by AguycalledJack

Noticed the discriminatory chanting section. Can’t wait for the home end to be emptied when they start calling us sheep shaggers.

On another note extremely helpful as me and Mrs jack are going for the weekend.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 10:48]

My Lad, Mrs and myself are going up, Thursday evening probably stop in reading Thursday night though as going up after work, staying in Premier Inn in Burgess Heath, 2 rooms for 2 nights 324quid.

Brighton on 11:53 - Feb 17 with 9047 viewsgetcarter

Brighton on 11:15 - Feb 17 by max936

My Lad, Mrs and myself are going up, Thursday evening probably stop in reading Thursday night though as going up after work, staying in Premier Inn in Burgess Heath, 2 rooms for 2 nights 324quid.

Free travel was part of the planning agreement to avoid traffic congestion in Falmer, watch your arses.
Brighton on 11:58 - Feb 17 with 9041 viewsmax936

Brighton on 11:53 - Feb 17 by getcarter

Free travel was part of the planning agreement to avoid traffic congestion in Falmer, watch your arses.

I'm meeting up with Epaul so my arse will be safe

Brighton on 11:58 - Feb 17 with 9038 viewsunion_jack

Staying over Saturday night in the YHA which is more of a hotel than a typical youth hostel. I hope they don't ask me to do some chores before I leave. Not for the price I paid anyway!

Looking forward to a nice evening on the town.

Where's the Barons of Brighton, anyone know🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Brighton on 13:30 - Feb 17 with 8990 viewsAguycalledJack

Staying fri and sat.

Brighton seafront.
Brighton on 16:43 - Feb 17 with 8875 viewsmax936

Brighton on 13:30 - Feb 17 by AguycalledJack

Staying fri and sat.

Brighton seafront.

I found a nice place in Kemptown, but wife’s Browd lives in Burgess Hill so we opted for that we could have stayed with him but three adults hoping about we didn’t think it fair his wife isn’t that mobile and their 70 ish.

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton on 17:10 - Feb 17 with 8840 viewsmonmouth

The good travel will help as wifey can stay in Brighton and look round that pavilion thing. Was thinking of staying but driving back. Expecting about 2.5 hours for me. Still tempted to book an inn.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brighton on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 8805 viewsawayjack

What's their guide like for home fans as we'll have hundreds in home ends.
Brighton on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 8789 viewsoldgrey

I was there in Nov 2016 for a 40 year reunion. Much had changed in the ensuing years including the hair (colour and luxuriousness) of the participants.
There's a nice pub up by the railway station.
For those there for the weekend a trip to Lewes is worthwhile. It's the other side of Falmer so you could get a train there in the morning and return for the match.
If you are staying in the Premier Inn in North St, the nearest wetherspoons is 50 yards away. Cheaper breakfast than the PI. However, the PI also did a happy hour so worth getting early evening beers there.

Warwick, do you remember Andy Rees falling in the university moat?
Brighton on 08:18 - Feb 18 with 8688 viewsAguycalledJack

For all those staying over, in my experience parking in Brighton in both hotel and pay and display car parks can be expensive.
Brighton on 09:01 - Feb 18 with 8641 viewslegoman

Brighton on 08:18 - Feb 18 by AguycalledJack

For all those staying over, in my experience parking in Brighton in both hotel and pay and display car parks can be expensive.

Just to add to this the parking in Brighton is eye wateringly expensive. If you are staying in the centre bite the bullet and use a multi storey.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Brighton on 10:43 - Feb 18 with 8554 viewsAguycalledJack

Brighton on 09:01 - Feb 18 by legoman

Just to add to this the parking in Brighton is eye wateringly expensive. If you are staying in the centre bite the bullet and use a multi storey.

Even the multi storey is expensive.

Last time we went was there for 2 nights. £50 for parking.
Brighton on 11:23 - Feb 18 with 8528 viewsmax936

We are going up after I finish work on Thursday which might be around 6pm, doubt I'll then drive all the way to Brighton that night seeing as its a 4hr drive, trying to think of the best place to stop for the night Reading seems the likeliest place to stop any other suggestions fellas?

Brighton on 11:49 - Feb 18 with 8498 viewstrampie

I think its going to kick off on here if the Swans lose at Brighton and end up back in the relegation zone [there will be a lot of flak for the owners, previous managers and some players], if Swans draw and it turns out we are not in the relegation zone [which is not guaranteed] Swans fans will be hopeful, if Swans win most if not all Swans fans will expect us to stay up.

Its a big game, I think Brighton will be the favourites to win the game, they are in decent form they have drawn away against Soton and Stoke and lead in both games and beaten both WHU and Coventry by two clear goals in their two previous home games and of course they have already beaten us at the Liberty.

Come on the Swans.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 12:01]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brighton on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 8455 viewsbrightonjack

Brighton on 09:01 - Feb 18 by legoman

The multi-stories in the centre of town are expensive, but the train station car park is the cheapest (£13 a day). Or if that's full and you're ok with a 20 minute walk (5 minutes by bus) then go to the London Road car park (£15 a day). Or you can park outside my gaff for £3 a day if I get you permits - then a 10 minute bus journey or a nice 30 minute seafront walk to the centre.

If anyone wants to do the last option let me know and I'll get some permits.
Brighton on 13:49 - Feb 18 with 8446 viewsmax936

Brighton on 13:43 - Feb 18 by brightonjack

The multi-stories in the centre of town are expensive, but the train station car park is the cheapest (£13 a day). Or if that's full and you're ok with a 20 minute walk (5 minutes by bus) then go to the London Road car park (£15 a day). Or you can park outside my gaff for £3 a day if I get you permits - then a 10 minute bus journey or a nice 30 minute seafront walk to the centre.

Can you advise me on my best options for Matchday BJ, I'm staying in Burgess hill, got to get to game area earlish if poss for a couple of beers then want to go into Brighton after game, there are 3 of us.
Cheers.

Brighton on 13:55 - Feb 18 with 8435 viewsunion_jack

Brighton on 13:43 - Feb 18 by brightonjack

We've got 24hr parking close to the hotel in Brighton 'downtown' for £12-50. Booked online.

My mate did it so I don't readily have details but can get them if anyone interested.

Brighton on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 8427 viewsbrightonjack

Brighton on 13:49 - Feb 18 by max936

Can you advise me on my best options for Matchday BJ, I'm staying in Burgess hill, got to get to game area earlish if poss for a couple of beers then want to go into Brighton after game, there are 3 of us.
Cheers.

From Burgess Hill I would definitely get a train to Brighton (10 minutes, 2 stops). Then either go to the ground directly, or have a swift beer (if you're after a Best Bitter then go for the Harveys) at the Battle Of Trafalgar pub, 1 minute from the station. There may be a couple of Brighton supporters in there but def no trouble.
Brighton on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 8389 viewsmax936

Brighton on 13:59 - Feb 18 by brightonjack

From Burgess Hill I would definitely get a train to Brighton (10 minutes, 2 stops). Then either go to the ground directly, or have a swift beer (if you're after a Best Bitter then go for the Harveys) at the Battle Of Trafalgar pub, 1 minute from the station. There may be a couple of Brighton supporters in there but def no trouble.

Cheers, is ground far from town centre?

Brighton on 15:00 - Feb 18 with 8379 viewsbrightonjack

Brighton on 14:51 - Feb 18 by max936

Cheers, is ground far from town centre?

Yes, about 4 miles. Train or bus (number 25) to Falmer (free if you've got a game ticket). Parking anywhere near (like within 2 miles of) the ground is nigh on impossible on match days.
Brighton on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 8350 viewsAguycalledJack

Brighton on 13:55 - Feb 18 by union_jack

We've got 24hr parking close to the hotel in Brighton 'downtown' for £12-50. Booked online.

My mate did it so I don't readily have details but can get them if anyone interested.

Details would be good if you can.
Brighton on 15:50 - Feb 18 with 8332 viewsmax936

Brighton on 15:00 - Feb 18 by brightonjack

Yes, about 4 miles. Train or bus (number 25) to Falmer (free if you've got a game ticket). Parking anywhere near (like within 2 miles of) the ground is nigh on impossible on match days.

Thanks for all the info

Brighton on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 8313 viewsunion_jack

Brighton on 15:21 - Feb 18 by AguycalledJack

Details would be good if you can.

I'll give him a shout.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024