Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64420 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 19:44 - Feb 17 with 2844 viewsQJumpingJack

Whoever was or was not informed, it is poor communication yet again.
Stadium deal agreed on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 2815 viewsbluenile

Stadium deal agreed on 11:08 - Feb 17 by harryhpalmer

All we can hope for is that there is a provision in the lease so that it cannot be sold to anyone, and has to be retained by the Football club.

That way nobody can benefit other than the actual owner of the football club. and so nobody else can own it and charge the club and extortionate rent like has been seen at other clubs.

I think we'll soon see what the Americans' intentions are now though.

Like the alleged distortionate rent charged by a certain director for an absurdly situated club shop on a remote industrial site??

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Stadium deal agreed on 21:06 - Feb 17 with 2755 viewsQJumpingJack

Stadium deal agreed on 19:29 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t say the Trust wasn’t informed. I said I didn’t know.

There is form:

Trust kept out of sale talks in 2015 and 2016
Trust not informed of who were the investors were
Trust not informed about the ticket pricing strategy

I would not be at all surprised if the Trust were not told of what was happening with the stadium.
Stadium deal agreed on 21:41 - Feb 17 with 2726 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 19:31 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

As the Trust's financial affiliate, it's reasonable for posters to expect that I have seen details of this deal.

For the record, I have not.

I found out about it by seeing it mentioned on here.

I have still seen no details.

I have absolutely no idea whether it is good for the club or not. None.

My understanding from previous discussions (not from official information) is that the ÂŁ300k over annum does NOT vary according to division. It may be a great deal for the club. It may not. I don't know.

One thing I would add is that a good deal for the majority owners in the short term does not necessarily equate to a good deal for the club in the long term. The two may be aligned, but there is no guarantee that is the case.

So what are you and Mr Cude going to do about this?

You see, this is a great chance to, you know, kick up a bit of a bloody fuss!?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 2719 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 21:41 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

And I'd start with your very own Supporters Director.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Stadium deal agreed on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2669 viewsZZoric

hang on - there are 2 new appointees - posting on here, claiming they know nothing - wtf ?

why arent they chomping at the bit to proactively engage ?

all so very weak, passive and pointless
Stadium deal agreed on 22:19 - Feb 17 with 2665 viewsairedale

Stadium deal agreed on 19:27 - Feb 17 by Gowerjack

ÂŁ300k a year for the lease then we have the running costs and for what?

Lining the owners pockets nothing more nothing less.

Yeah, I reckon the Americans are in it just for the money too. It’s a suspicion that’s been growing within me for some time.

I reckon they’ll try and make a profit out of their stadium lease as well.

The bastards.
Stadium deal agreed on 22:33 - Feb 17 with 2639 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 21:41 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

What on earth makes you think that both of us haven't?
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 2623 viewslonglostjack

The Trust is still a major shareholder and yet a deal like this is announced without their knowledge. Unbelievable.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stadium deal agreed on 23:11 - Feb 17 with 2588 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 22:33 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

Assumption.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 23:15 - Feb 17 with 2582 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 22:33 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

Oh right, so how would we know? Did you say that?

Stadium deal agreed on 23:22 - Feb 17 with 2574 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 23:11 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Assumption.

It seemed a fair assumption from the both of your replies.

OK, so what have you said and to who then?

Have you got hold of Stu MacDonald and does this now mean his position is untenable?

Communicate....!!

Stadium deal agreed on 23:25 - Feb 17 with 2566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 23:22 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

It seemed a fair assumption from the both of your replies.

OK, so what have you said and to who then?

Have you got hold of Stu MacDonald and does this now mean his position is untenable?

Communicate....!!

I think it’s fair to say that Lisa and I have both made our feelings known to the relevant people today.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 23:29 - Feb 17 with 2560 viewsQuincy999

Why would the Americans be open with the Trust over this?
They don't have to as they are majorty shareholders. If the deal is right with them then what's the point.
The only reason would be if they really respected the views of the Trust, which they obviously don't so there's no point in pretending.
Stadium deal agreed on 23:29 - Feb 17 with 2557 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 23:15 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

Oh right, so how would we know? Did you say that?

I think that the fact we both saw fit to post on here making it absolutely clear that we didn't know diddly squat was probably an indication that a bit of a fuss was being made.

Speaking for myself, I'm absolutely fuming that I didn't know to be completely honest.

I think as a finance affiliate that there is a perfectly reasonable public assumption that I would know, and I'm bloody tamping that I didn't because it makes me look f*cking stupid.

I have made that very point today.
Stadium deal agreed on 23:31 - Feb 17 with 2549 viewsDJack

Stadium deal agreed on 23:29 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

I think that the fact we both saw fit to post on here making it absolutely clear that we didn't know diddly squat was probably an indication that a bit of a fuss was being made.

Speaking for myself, I'm absolutely fuming that I didn't know to be completely honest.

I think as a finance affiliate that there is a perfectly reasonable public assumption that I would know, and I'm bloody tamping that I didn't because it makes me look f*cking stupid.

If you really were tamping you would have punched one of them! (Gwan, gwan )

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Stadium deal agreed on 01:52 - Feb 18 with 2487 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 22:17 - Feb 17 by ZZoric

hang on - there are 2 new appointees - posting on here, claiming they know nothing - wtf ?

why arent they chomping at the bit to proactively engage ?

all so very weak, passive and pointless

Lisa.

I refer you to this post, so it wasn't particularly evident you were fuming I'm afraid to say.

Good that you are though and did Stu MacDonald know and is his position now untenable?

Stadium deal agreed on 04:03 - Feb 18 with 2461 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

It's a case of time will tell but additionally, fans are simply going out of their way to look for issues, and make them up if they're not there.

Now I don't know whether this will turn out to be a good thing or a bloody disaster, and I doubt anyone else does too, but it's what we all would've wanted a few years ago.

So maybe we can look at this positively until a time it's clear it's something else.

I'm in the same mind as Monmouth, but you are right... everything that happens certain people are making up conspiracies to paint the club in a negative light.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Stadium deal agreed on 09:11 - Feb 18 with 2341 viewsswancity

This is not good news for the Club. It's just an additional expense. It is however good news for the owners potentially....

Anyway, I'm not speaking for anyone else here, just myself, I've had a titfull of it all now. Jenkins, the (useless) Trust, deceipt, Americans. I'm flagging. It's sad. It's not how it should be. A Club divided. By the way Trust, any chance of updates on anything of fooking note?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stadium deal agreed on 09:47 - Feb 18 with 2267 viewsexhmrc1

Stadium deal agreed on 23:29 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

did the trust know and you weren't told or were the trust kept out of loop
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 9:48]
Stadium deal agreed on 09:49 - Feb 18 with 2262 viewsexhmrc1

Stadium deal agreed on 23:25 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I think it’s fair to say that Lisa and I have both made our feelings known to the relevant people today.

Stadium deal agreed on 09:51 - Feb 18 with 2254 viewsMoscowJack

I'm struggling to get my head around this, to be honest.

We (the public) knew this was coming as there was a press release several weeks ago stating the signing of the deal was imminent.

What has happened since? Has the Trust made any noise and demanded more information? If so, was the request for this information ignored or rejected?

As several of you say, this could be a brilliant deal for the club, or not! At first glance, it only seems to benefit the owners of the club who are now able to market a PL club and stadium for sale for quite a bit more than they paid for it. All we need next is planning permission for Fairwood airport expansion and they've got the complete package to attract serious potential investors!

Lisa and ECB seem equally as frustrated and bemused but there are huge holes that need to be filled (in terms of timeline between the initial announcement and the closure of the deal).

Again....did the Trust representatives demand anything from the owners?

Again....did the owners reject or ignore these requests?

The devil is always in the detail and the fact the Lisa (in her Trust role) doesn't know worries me a lot but these are the things that should NOT need to be squeezed painfully out of Trust Board members on forums like this.

The Trust Board itself should be singing its disgust from the highest hilltops....unless it suited some people on the Trust Board (or their close family), of course, but that's a different matter that keeps being ignored!!!

I fully expect some "we weren't consulted" sort of Trust statement but it's again acting once the horse has bolted. There was a long enough time period between the initial announcement and the closing of the deal for the Trust to have kicked up one almighty fuss, but it seems they chose not to.

Why???

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 09:52 - Feb 18 with 2248 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 09:47 - Feb 18 by exhmrc1

[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 9:48]

If it wasn’t discussed and analysed fully at the club Board (where the Trust has two representatives) that would be a major corporate governance failure. And if it was then the Trust reps should have taken advice from the Trust Finance Affilliate. Can’t help but imagine them just sitting there in overawed silence, nodding.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 10:07 - Feb 18 with 2219 viewswobbly

I almost wish I hadn’t asked the question.

Almost.

ECB and Lisa - whilst you may not be aware of the details beforehand, have you at least managed to find out when those that were in the loop are going to tell the membership what they think about this clearly important development?
Stadium deal agreed on 11:02 - Feb 18 with 2151 viewsQJumpingJack

What a sad mess.

It has been said at Trust forums that the Supporters Director has regular meetings with the Americans, but it seems they are only being told certain things.
It does feel as if the Americans have zero respect for The Trust and the fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024