Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64179 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 10:04 - Feb 17 with 9295 viewsmonmouth

Really don’t know what I think of this. Can’t help but feel quite uneasy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 10:06 - Feb 17 with 9275 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium deal agreed on 10:04 - Feb 17 by monmouth

If we survive I wouldn't be surprised to see attempts to sell soon, especially with the new TV deal in place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 9198 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 10:04 - Feb 17 by monmouth

It's a case of time will tell but additionally, fans are simply going out of their way to look for issues, and make them up if they're not there.

Now I don't know whether this will turn out to be a good thing or a bloody disaster, and I doubt anyone else does too, but it's what we all would've wanted a few years ago.

So maybe we can look at this positively until a time it's clear it's something else.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 9235 viewsoldgrey

Sell what?
It's a lease they've bought not the stadium itself.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:11 - Feb 17 with 9227 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 by oldgrey

Sell what?

Uh, the club?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:13 - Feb 17 with 9203 viewsGowerjack

So we are paying extra for something that to all intents and purposes was ours anyway.

Wise.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:14 - Feb 17 with 9200 viewsairedale

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 by oldgrey

Sell what?

Their shares I assume. Though can’t see people queueing to buy shares in a Championship club.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 9185 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 10:06 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

If we survive I wouldn't be surprised to see attempts to sell soon, especially with the new TV deal in place.

That’s what makes me uneasy, it’s been done without giving a toss for the actual longer term consequences as they’ve no intention of being around to deal with it.

Lucky we have a supporters trust who will have been fully involved in such an important decision and would have said publicly very loudly if they thought it was too risky.

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 9155 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 9159 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

It's a case of time will tell but additionally, fans are simply going out of their way to look for issues, and make them up if they're not there.

Now I don't know whether this will turn out to be a good thing or a bloody disaster, and I doubt anyone else does too, but it's what we all would've wanted a few years ago.

So maybe we can look at this positively until a time it's clear it's something else.

Aye, that’s what I mean, I don’t know what to think, but it feels a massive step and because the pros and cons are not clear, it makes me uneasy.

Stadium deal agreed on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 9089 viewsKilkennyjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:10 - Feb 17 by TheResurrection

No its not.

We wanted extra seats so more fans could watch.
No fans give a shite who owns the stadium.

I agree that not many will know if its a good thing or not.
I guess the first question to ask is why now ? - and then what benefit do the Swans get ?

Beware of the Risen People

Stadium deal agreed on 10:25 - Feb 17 with 9091 viewsGowerjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:22 - Feb 17 by Kilkennyjack

No its not.

We wanted extra seats so more fans could watch.
No fans give a shite who owns the stadium.

I agree that not many will know if its a good thing or not.
I guess the first question to ask is why now ? - and then what benefit do the Swans get ?

I disagree.

The first question we should be asking is what will it cost?

The operating costs of the stadium are considerable why else do you thing the council were so desperate to offload?

What does the football club gain?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 9054 viewscostalotta

Stadium deal agreed on 10:18 - Feb 17 by monmouth

Aye, that’s what I mean, I don’t know what to think, but it feels a massive step and because the pros and cons are not clear, it makes me uneasy.

Personally I have an open mind about this. On the positive side we now control the income streams and also can proceed to develop the stadium. That’s has to be good right?

What I do find interesting is the default position of mistrust and rejection of change that seems to prevelant amongst the natives. Embrace it!
Stadium deal agreed on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 9047 viewsoldgrey

Fans should care who owns the stadium.
If a bunch of asset strippers own a stadium (as opposed to leasing it) they can sell it to developers etc to do what they want with it. And raise large amounts of dosh on the sale. Using the stadium as collateral to raise money to spend on fast cars, women and trinkets.
The developers could replace the Liberty with anything they want, Poundland, Cardiff club shop, the Cheese Experience etc etc.
Swans would end up playing at Cwm Level.
At least this deal retains ownership with the people.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:30 - Feb 17 with 9030 viewsperchrockjack

Last post is most perceptive.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stadium deal agreed on 10:35 - Feb 17 with 8994 views34dfgdf54

Stadium deal agreed on 10:29 - Feb 17 by oldgrey

Fans should care who owns the stadium.
If a bunch of asset strippers own a stadium (as opposed to leasing it) they can sell it to developers etc to do what they want with it. And raise large amounts of dosh on the sale. Using the stadium as collateral to raise money to spend on fast cars, women and trinkets.
The developers could replace the Liberty with anything they want, Poundland, Cardiff club shop, the Cheese Experience etc etc.
Swans would end up playing at Cwm Level.
At least this deal retains ownership with the people.

They don’t own the stadium though do they?

Edit - sorry misread
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 10:36]
Stadium deal agreed on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 8940 viewsHighjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:30 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

Last post is most perceptive.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself

Tigers and malaria are quite scary too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:42 - Feb 17 with 8934 viewswobbly

Has the trust issued any kind of statement on this yet?
Stadium deal agreed on 10:43 - Feb 17 with 8914 viewsAguycalledJack

Is it possible to borrow against a lease? That is my concern.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:43 - Feb 17 with 8912 viewsHighjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:42 - Feb 17 by wobbly

We will get a further update on due course

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stadium deal agreed on 10:52 - Feb 17 with 8857 viewsdobjack2

Stadium deal agreed on 10:29 - Feb 17 by costalotta

Personally I have an open mind about this. On the positive side we now control the income streams and also can proceed to develop the stadium. That’s has to be good right?

What I do find interesting is the default position of mistrust and rejection of change that seems to prevelant amongst the natives. Embrace it!

It comes down to whether people trust the owners rather than a reluctance to embrace change. Not all change is good, the crowd facing ads in the East being a prime example.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:57 - Feb 17 with 8830 viewsJango

Stadium deal agreed on 10:43 - Feb 17 by Highjack

We will get a further update on due course

It’s obviously financially beneficial to the club to secure this deal. Whether the extra money raised will be pumped directly back into the club or used to line the shareholders pockets is another matter. Only time will tell. Hopefully we’ll look back at this as a moment we took the step to the next level.
Stadium deal agreed on 10:59 - Feb 17 with 8821 viewsNeath_Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:42 - Feb 17 by wobbly

They're busy forming a sub-committee to discuss it

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:00 - Feb 17 with 8812 viewsairedale

Got to laugh. If the stadium was sold to developers, Swansea Council Planning department would say “you can build what you want,as long as it’s a football stadium “ (see Ford, Model T)
Stadium deal agreed on 11:03 - Feb 17 with 8799 viewscostalotta

Stadium deal agreed on 10:52 - Feb 17 by dobjack2

It comes down to whether people trust the owners rather than a reluctance to embrace change. Not all change is good, the crowd facing ads in the East being a prime example.

It’s a mindset thing.

Crowd facing ads? Fella, I assume you go to watch the football right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024