Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64189 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 16:40 - Feb 21 with 1929 viewsVetchfielder

There are 2 strands to today's email to Trust members - the share sale and the lease :

(1) Share Sale -The commitment to come back to members at the beginning of February with a decision and a way forward for the share sale has not been met and they now say they will do it in early March instead. No proper reasons are provided as to why they have not achieved what they promised us. Come on , just get on with it.

(2) Stadium Lease -They say that they will retrospectively look at some details of the new lease but they give no commitment as to when they are going to do that. Nothing as to whether they feel the club has pulled a quick one and kept them out of a loop they thought they were in or whether they knew they were not meant to be in the loop. I'm not sure about that 'confidential' statement either because surely a rate payer of Swansea Council can demand to know what the deal is a matter of public record?

I suppose, to be generous, the good thing is that the Trust came out with a quick statement but the desperately disappointing thing is that it tells us we are further behind with a share sale consultation and it looks like have been wrong footed regarding the lease, whatever it contains, and we members don't know when we'll know more.

More pi55ed off with the Trust than ever before.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Stadium deal agreed on 17:20 - Feb 21 with 1850 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 16:40 - Feb 21 by Vetchfielder

There are 2 strands to today's email to Trust members - the share sale and the lease :

(1) Share Sale -The commitment to come back to members at the beginning of February with a decision and a way forward for the share sale has not been met and they now say they will do it in early March instead. No proper reasons are provided as to why they have not achieved what they promised us. Come on , just get on with it.

(2) Stadium Lease -They say that they will retrospectively look at some details of the new lease but they give no commitment as to when they are going to do that. Nothing as to whether they feel the club has pulled a quick one and kept them out of a loop they thought they were in or whether they knew they were not meant to be in the loop. I'm not sure about that 'confidential' statement either because surely a rate payer of Swansea Council can demand to know what the deal is a matter of public record?

I suppose, to be generous, the good thing is that the Trust came out with a quick statement but the desperately disappointing thing is that it tells us we are further behind with a share sale consultation and it looks like have been wrong footed regarding the lease, whatever it contains, and we members don't know when we'll know more.

More pi55ed off with the Trust than ever before.

They only come out with anything after being beaten up for days on social media. Without the likes of Lisa and Clasie we would get nothing. Or the bland stuff we used to get. A lot of these people have forgotten why they are there. Or maybe they haven't forgotten at all and they are just there to feel big and self important.

Why is the consultation now not easy? the deal has gone so it is just the other two options. Is the delay because they can't agree a recommendation because the 'I love my freebies and acting a big cheese with my mates' crowd (yes that's you and your cabal Mr tail wagging Poodle) want to maintain the status quo at all costs?

The lease is just a farce. They may as well leave it go now. Other than looking at some trust board bloodletting for their internal incompetence.

I assume if we stay up and the Yanks clearly now want to add some seats, then that will come with a share issue and dilution for the hopeless dithering Trust anyway. Get on with the legal action. Or just crawl away, and be remembered forever as the people that killed any possibility of effective future supporter involvement.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 17:47]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 17:54 - Feb 21 with 1790 viewsIAN05

Stadium deal agreed on 15:55 - Feb 21 by MoscowJack

What I don't get is this.....the Trust are apparently preparing for their legal onslaught but they don't take the opportunity, when it's served on a plate, to (a) insist in public, several weeks ago, that they were part of the decision process BEFORE it was signed off and (b) explain that they weren't involved once the deal was announced.

If being best buddies is now not the plan anymore, surely they should have made this statement a little more of a reflection of the reality of the situation?

What were they afraid of? Someone saying "did they screw you idiots again?"? We know the Yanks have being holding back since day one, so nobody could say that.

I really don't get it....thing just doesn't add up at all.

Looks to me that unless old school Trust board members move on, then anything Cudey and Lisa do or say will just be ignored as the majority vote is still with others.

We have ECB, Lisa and Ux on here all seemingly wanting to pull one way and it seems safe to assume that all others are pulling in opposite direction.
Stadium deal agreed on 18:04 - Feb 21 with 1774 viewsherbie

I am a Trust member but not had any email update today. Any other members in the same boat?
Stadium deal agreed on 18:06 - Feb 21 with 1769 viewsShaky

Stadium deal agreed on 17:54 - Feb 21 by IAN05

Looks to me that unless old school Trust board members move on, then anything Cudey and Lisa do or say will just be ignored as the majority vote is still with others.

We have ECB, Lisa and Ux on here all seemingly wanting to pull one way and it seems safe to assume that all others are pulling in opposite direction.

I'f like to think that isn't true.

Because the majority of those individuals gave the strong impression after Christmas that the fact that the Americans had withdrawn the deal would mean the Trust defaulted to legal action. Hence why the AGM passed without event.

And what I have heard from Uxbridge suggests there is no change in that position. Happy daze.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Stadium deal agreed on 18:21 - Feb 21 with 1739 viewsIAN05

Stadium deal agreed on 18:04 - Feb 21 by herbie

I am a Trust member but not had any email update today. Any other members in the same boat?

I haven't had one either
Stadium deal agreed on 18:28 - Feb 21 with 1717 viewsmax936

Don't know if this has already been posted, but take a look and see what you think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43131905

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium deal agreed on 18:28 - Feb 21 with 1716 viewsSkettyJack

Stadium deal agreed on 17:54 - Feb 21 by IAN05

Aye but they speak Welsh, and been a season ticket holder since the war, so all is fine in the garden

Time for Stu to go, Alan can stay for now, but only cos he hasnt really had a chance to do anything - Surely the lease was part of the board room conversations over the last year or so, wouldnt the supporters director feedback to the board about progressions, or at least ASK THE QUESTIONS of the Americans!!

The silence is deafening - keep banging the drum clasie, Lisa, Ux. What on earth do Sian, Roger, Cath, the Tail wagging bloke and the rest actually do??
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 18:33 - Feb 21 with 1705 viewsplasjack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:21 - Feb 21 by IAN05

I haven't had one either

Had my Email today, perhaps they only go to responsible members?.
Stadium deal agreed on 18:36 - Feb 21 with 1700 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 15:05 - Feb 21 by 34dfgdf54

Lisa - has it been confirmed the trust knew about the deal as Pearlman said, and if so, has there been an explanation of why you haven’t been in the loop? Apologies if I’ve missed a post or posts.

As the Trust statement said, it was kept in the loop on the broad outline but not on the detail and it's the case that in this sort of deal the devil is in the detail.
Stadium deal agreed on 18:38 - Feb 21 with 1695 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 16:35 - Feb 21 by TheResurrection

Well come on Lis. Who thinks what and who thinks the other.

We have a right to know with elections looming and we need to get shot of some, clearly, quick sharp, regardless of their occupation.

You can't possibly expect me to answer that and remain involved.
Stadium deal agreed on 18:50 - Feb 21 with 1675 viewspencoedjack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:33 - Feb 21 by plasjack

Can’t be true mate I had it
Stadium deal agreed on 19:01 - Feb 21 with 1656 viewsplasjack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:50 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

Can’t be true mate I had it

Should have said irresponsible.
Stadium deal agreed on 19:02 - Feb 21 with 1654 viewsFlashberryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:33 - Feb 21 by plasjack

That's not true........I had the email today.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stadium deal agreed on 19:15 - Feb 21 with 1623 viewsmarchamjack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:21 - Feb 19 by marchamjack

No I genuinely don't, hence the ... after response.

Which in itself is a huge indictment in terms of the state of the Trust.

I did get a reply after all !

And I take full credit for the Trust making a statement as my email went to the Trust to prompt them before they released the statement... [whistling emoji]

Good news is, there's a sub-group set up to deal with membership engagement issues.

"Hi Huw

Thanks you for your email.

You may now have seen the Trust statement on the Stadium lease which was issued earlier.

Its difficult to be definitive on the deal as it will, as highlighted in our statement, to a great extent rely on how the commercial opportunities that the Stadium offers are maximised by the Club. It certainly provides those opportunities however.

I take your point on the whole communication issue and it is an area we have continually sought to address, but with limited success. One of the issues with the current social media platforms is that they are not member only outlets and leave us open to criticism that we are engaging with non-members on the same basis as members, which dilutes the membership aspect. We are now in the process of setting up a members only Facebook group which will allow us to engage in the knowledge that those involved are Trust members.

We also have a sub-group of the Trust Board looking at the wider membership engagement issue and hopefully we will see some positives outcome from that in the future.

Thank you for taking the trouble to get in touch with your views. It is appreciated as also is your and Claire's continuing support.

best wishes

Alan

Alan Lewis"

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:26 - Feb 21 with 1597 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 18:36 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

As the Trust statement said, it was kept in the loop on the broad outline but not on the detail and it's the case that in this sort of deal the devil is in the detail.

I can tell you know this isn't acceptable Lisa so best not dress it up as anything else.

It's the Trust's duty to bloody know the detail. I'm sorry but there's no excuse here and I don't think you've answered my previous post on who's thinking what within the Trust's ranks. You owe these people nothing but you have a duty of care to let us all know exactly what we're facing here.... Please!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:28 - Feb 21 with 1588 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 18:38 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

I do, Lisa and I do expect you to remain involved.

Lay the cards out here. It's no time for pussyfooting and brushing more under the carpet.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:32 - Feb 21 with 1580 viewsNeath_Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:38 - Feb 21 by londonlisa2001

How can people possibly vote for them, if we don't know which way they're batting?

Surely, surely, surely, we are going to get personal little mandates from each board member before the next election?

Come on, it's about time cards were laid firmly on the table.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stadium deal agreed on 19:51 - Feb 21 with 1535 viewsIAN05

Stadium deal agreed on 19:32 - Feb 21 by Neath_Jack

How can people possibly vote for them, if we don't know which way they're batting?

Surely, surely, surely, we are going to get personal little mandates from each board member before the next election?

Also, if these people think they are right and doing things with the club's best intention, why would they want to keep a secret ??
Stadium deal agreed on 19:56 - Feb 21 with 1529 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 19:32 - Feb 21 by Neath_Jack

Well i know for a fact that the 'tail wagging the dog' bloke is of the opinion that regarding the share sale, that the trust should 'take what they can get'. Spineless! And i would gather that there are many more on the coffee morning committee that share his views.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:01 - Feb 21 with 1507 viewsJackfath

Stadium deal agreed on 19:56 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

Well i know for a fact that the 'tail wagging the dog' bloke is of the opinion that regarding the share sale, that the trust should 'take what they can get'. Spineless! And i would gather that there are many more on the coffee morning committee that share his views.

Do you know his real name?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:05 - Feb 21 with 1496 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:01 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Do you know his real name?

I believe it was Viv Williams, but someone would have too confirm that as i'm not 100%.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:06 - Feb 21 with 1492 viewsNeath_Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 19:51 - Feb 21 by IAN05

Also, if these people think they are right and doing things with the club's best intention, why would they want to keep a secret ??

Exactly.

They're too comfortable with being associated with the inner working of the club. Big kudos attached etc. they don't want to risk being exposed and losing that "privilege".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:11 - Feb 21 with 1477 viewsJackfath

Stadium deal agreed on 20:05 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

I believe it was Viv Williams, but someone would have too confirm that as i'm not 100%.

He's responsible for "Commercial" according to the Meet the Board section of the Trust website.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 21 with 1460 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:11 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

He's responsible for "Commercial" according to the Meet the Board section of the Trust website.

Correct. Not very commercially aware though is he!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024