Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 63860 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:20 - Feb 21 with 3196 viewsJackfath

Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

Correct. Not very commercially aware though is he!

I've no idea. I know absolutely nothing about him. Or most of the others on the board. I know ECB and Lisa and Mr Ux as they post on here so I can form an opinion on them. But as for the others, I haven't a clue. Apart from all the highly negative stuff which if I was one of them I'd be doing my upmost to try to rectify.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:29 - Feb 21 with 3166 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 19:15 - Feb 21 by marchamjack

I did get a reply after all !

And I take full credit for the Trust making a statement as my email went to the Trust to prompt them before they released the statement... [whistling emoji]

Good news is, there's a sub-group set up to deal with membership engagement issues.

"Hi Huw

Thanks you for your email.

You may now have seen the Trust statement on the Stadium lease which was issued earlier.

Its difficult to be definitive on the deal as it will, as highlighted in our statement, to a great extent rely on how the commercial opportunities that the Stadium offers are maximised by the Club. It certainly provides those opportunities however.

I take your point on the whole communication issue and it is an area we have continually sought to address, but with limited success. One of the issues with the current social media platforms is that they are not member only outlets and leave us open to criticism that we are engaging with non-members on the same basis as members, which dilutes the membership aspect. We are now in the process of setting up a members only Facebook group which will allow us to engage in the knowledge that those involved are Trust members.

We also have a sub-group of the Trust Board looking at the wider membership engagement issue and hopefully we will see some positives outcome from that in the future.

Thank you for taking the trouble to get in touch with your views. It is appreciated as also is your and Claire's continuing support.

best wishes

Alan

Alan Lewis"

😲
Stadium deal agreed on 20:35 - Feb 21 with 3144 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:20 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

I've no idea. I know absolutely nothing about him. Or most of the others on the board. I know ECB and Lisa and Mr Ux as they post on here so I can form an opinion on them. But as for the others, I haven't a clue. Apart from all the highly negative stuff which if I was one of them I'd be doing my upmost to try to rectify.

Being commercially aware includes his understanding of the position he's in and the responsibilities that holds. The 'dog wagging the tail' comment clearly demonstrates that he doesn't. He has no intention of rectifying that comment publicly as he hasn't the balls to do so. It sums up the 'old guard' of the trust perfectly. Say fvck all and hope it all goes away.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:47 - Feb 21 with 3111 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:35 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

Being commercially aware includes his understanding of the position he's in and the responsibilities that holds. The 'dog wagging the tail' comment clearly demonstrates that he doesn't. He has no intention of rectifying that comment publicly as he hasn't the balls to do so. It sums up the 'old guard' of the trust perfectly. Say fvck all and hope it all goes away.

Plus he’s got a girl’s name. Poor form.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 20:57 - Feb 21 with 3081 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:47 - Feb 21 by monmouth

Plus he’s got a girl’s name. Poor form.

I once stuck my hand down Viv Williams bra during a game of 'nervous' in Alison Ollsen's shed. I hope it wasn't him, as come to think of it, she did have a bit of a butch look about her!
Stadium deal agreed on 20:59 - Feb 21 with 3065 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:57 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

I once stuck my hand down Viv Williams bra during a game of 'nervous' in Alison Ollsen's shed. I hope it wasn't him, as come to think of it, she did have a bit of a butch look about her!

A game of nervous? No, on second thoughts, don’t tell me.

Stadium deal agreed on 21:43 - Feb 21 with 2955 viewslonglostjack

What about the three who were elected? From recollection there was a bloke from Lampeter, a lawyer who was interested in computer games and somebody else who's been a bit of a scarlet pimpernel who I know absolutely nothing about.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stadium deal agreed on 00:08 - Feb 22 with 2808 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 20:05 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

I believe it was Viv Williams, but someone would have too confirm that as i'm not 100%.

Why is the Trust only now examining the fine details of the lease to see if there's anything detrimental in for the football club?

Absolute madness...once its signed by the parties which it already is then nothing can be done.

I d like to know whos responsibility to keep the Trust and fans informed of this process this was???

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted....sheesh.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 01:20 - Feb 22 with 2751 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 00:08 - Feb 22 by Lord_Bony

Why is the Trust only now examining the fine details of the lease to see if there's anything detrimental in for the football club?

Absolute madness...once its signed by the parties which it already is then nothing can be done.

I d like to know whos responsibility to keep the Trust and fans informed of this process this was???

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted....sheesh.

It's the exact same thing they did when the Club was sold from beneath their feet in 2016.

They watch, they dither, they form sub groups, they pontificate, then they make excuses and look to pin the blame elsewhere.

"Oh, they didn't tell us" ; "they were doing deals with those Americans that were sat in the Directors Box all the time and we didn't even know" ; "we thought we may say something, but we didn't like to interfere" ; "we thought we'd just see how it goes and blame someone else" ; "IT'S NOT OUR FAULT"!!!

And now we've got 4 more on the Board who are seemingly JUST THE SAME. Lisa, Cudey, Mal Pope's son in law and the other guy nobody's heard from since.....

NOTHING'S CHANGED....!!!

The 4 new Board members have had all the time in the world to make some noises about this lease deal.... We've now got them blaming each other privately and saying they didn't even know the deal that was broadcasted as "imminent" was actually, in fact, IMMINENT!! What??? This has been going on for what, 6 months, a year?? The "imminent" bit, what didn't you all quite understand??

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.......!!!!

And now we have Lisa stating she doesn't want to hurt anyone's effing feelings or she wouldn't be able to continue!!!

WHAT!!??

We need to know what's going mightily wrong within Trust HQ. WTF is the matter with you all. Who do you all think think you are, the Gestapo??

Talk to us, surely enough is ENOUGH now??

I don't want to be talking like this to friends of mine, I really don't, but sometimes you've just got to be straight and say what's on your mind.

A novel concept for the Trust, clearly.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 01:33 - Feb 22 with 2743 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 19:15 - Feb 21 by marchamjack

I did get a reply after all !

And I take full credit for the Trust making a statement as my email went to the Trust to prompt them before they released the statement... [whistling emoji]

Good news is, there's a sub-group set up to deal with membership engagement issues.

"Hi Huw

Thanks you for your email.

You may now have seen the Trust statement on the Stadium lease which was issued earlier.

Its difficult to be definitive on the deal as it will, as highlighted in our statement, to a great extent rely on how the commercial opportunities that the Stadium offers are maximised by the Club. It certainly provides those opportunities however.

I take your point on the whole communication issue and it is an area we have continually sought to address, but with limited success. One of the issues with the current social media platforms is that they are not member only outlets and leave us open to criticism that we are engaging with non-members on the same basis as members, which dilutes the membership aspect. We are now in the process of setting up a members only Facebook group which will allow us to engage in the knowledge that those involved are Trust members.

We also have a sub-group of the Trust Board looking at the wider membership engagement issue and hopefully we will see some positives outcome from that in the future.

Thank you for taking the trouble to get in touch with your views. It is appreciated as also is your and Claire's continuing support.

best wishes

Alan

Alan Lewis"

This bit...

"""I take your point on the whole communication issue and it is an area we have continually sought to address, but with limited success. One of the issues with the current social media platforms is that they are not member only outlets and leave us open to criticism that we are engaging with non-members on the same basis as members, which dilutes the membership aspect. We are now in the process of setting up a members only Facebook group which will allow us to engage in the knowledge that those involved are Trust members.

We also have a sub-group of the Trust Board looking at the wider membership engagement issue and hopefully we will see some positives outcome from that in the future. """

I think this has got to be the biggest pile of nothing horse shit I've ever had to endure the pain of suffering.

* The communication they have continually sought to improve with limited success??? WTF

* The social media sites where they face criticism from members for engaging with non-members???? I can't believe he actually wrote that. Every single fan out there, Alan Lewis, is a Trust member waiting to happen, and you want to treat them like some kind of second class citizen you won't communicate with?? This is pathetic.

* In the process of setting up a members only Facebook page???? Are you facking serious? So the Facebook page now you've managed to get, what, 6 or 7,000 followers, you want to move away from that instead of engaging with them all, and move to a more select crowd, of what?? MORE OF YOUR OLD CRONIES or something??? Feel a bit safer would you then, if the group had 60 or 70 blue rinse all congratulating you for your every posting.

* And of course, I am kind of laughing in the most pathetic way about to write this, lastly but oh no, not the least, a good ole SUB GROUP is being formed to look at the membership your new little Facebook group will ensure the numbers keep on dwindling down to nothing.

Alan, you have still not replied to my email and you have just embarrassed the Trust once again with that email. Isn't it time you considered stepping aside mate? Seriously?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Stadium deal agreed on 02:21 - Feb 22 with 2727 viewsE20Jack

This member and non member thing really needs sorting out.

There was a time where the Trust was scrapping for every pound it could get and understandably so. Since the dividends there is no longer any need to charge people money in order to have their say.

There are people who have boosted the Trusts coffers by hundreds of pounds over the years yet as they are not currently paid members for this year the organisation refuses to talk to them. Is this about the supporters or is this about money?

Every single fan should be a member. A season ticket number all that is needed for free membership. This does not have to be club approved as it is nothing to do with the initial purchase, it is an optional offer.

We all hear how strong the Trust can be with ten's of thousands of members yet they do their level best to keep it to an easily manipulated few.

There is absolutely no way on earth I would pay another penny to the Trusts coffers after the way it has performed over the last few years including treating Trust members money with utter contempt.

Is the 10K a year really that important then that the Trust would abolish it's communication with the paid up members to the detriment of the club and the organisation just incase they also end up telling non paid up supporters of the club?

I think some priorities need outlining here.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Stadium deal agreed on 09:25 - Feb 22 with 2560 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 02:21 - Feb 22 by E20Jack

This member and non member thing really needs sorting out.

There was a time where the Trust was scrapping for every pound it could get and understandably so. Since the dividends there is no longer any need to charge people money in order to have their say.

There are people who have boosted the Trusts coffers by hundreds of pounds over the years yet as they are not currently paid members for this year the organisation refuses to talk to them. Is this about the supporters or is this about money?

Every single fan should be a member. A season ticket number all that is needed for free membership. This does not have to be club approved as it is nothing to do with the initial purchase, it is an optional offer.

We all hear how strong the Trust can be with ten's of thousands of members yet they do their level best to keep it to an easily manipulated few.

There is absolutely no way on earth I would pay another penny to the Trusts coffers after the way it has performed over the last few years including treating Trust members money with utter contempt.

Is the 10K a year really that important then that the Trust would abolish it's communication with the paid up members to the detriment of the club and the organisation just incase they also end up telling non paid up supporters of the club?

I think some priorities need outlining here.

It's at least good to see Alan reply to emails (he must get quite a lot) and be honest about the poor communication issues that the Trust seem incapable of fixing.

I really don't like the sound of only respecting or replying to members' concerns. I get that they might need to manage how much online responses they can give, but SURELY every Swans fans is part of their audience? Surely every Swans fan is a member or potential member?

I don't know how others feel but my first reaction was that they're trying to make themselves far more exclusive and also less available to the 'riff raff', as they possibly see us/them.

All this will achieve, in my opinion, is to remove themselves even further from reality and create an 'us and them' sort of mentality, which never has a good ending.

As someone mentioned above, their comments about 'now looking into the deal in more detail' is farcical as it's already far too late! How can they speak positively about the deal without knowing the detail, which could easily see us selling our soul to the devil in the future??? And for those who're hoping that the council wouldn't have screwed us, please remember how anti-Swans the council have been at times and how desperate they are to guarantee increased revenue locally! I wouldn't trust the council to do the right thing at all, especially if talks of council corruption is true.

Finally, I'm not sure I agree that Lisa, ECB, etc can name names as it really wouldn't help them to help us fans on the Trust Board. Maybe we could expect something closer to the elections (as then we should expect full transparency) but I can really understand their reluctance to expose the views of others. It's a pity as there's obviously a desperate need for fresh blood, but we (the voters) need to know who's pulling their weight and who's just enjoying the ride (and freebies).

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:05 - Feb 22 with 2464 viewsmarchamjack

Stadium deal agreed on 09:25 - Feb 22 by MoscowJack

It's at least good to see Alan reply to emails (he must get quite a lot) and be honest about the poor communication issues that the Trust seem incapable of fixing.

I really don't like the sound of only respecting or replying to members' concerns. I get that they might need to manage how much online responses they can give, but SURELY every Swans fans is part of their audience? Surely every Swans fan is a member or potential member?

I don't know how others feel but my first reaction was that they're trying to make themselves far more exclusive and also less available to the 'riff raff', as they possibly see us/them.

All this will achieve, in my opinion, is to remove themselves even further from reality and create an 'us and them' sort of mentality, which never has a good ending.

As someone mentioned above, their comments about 'now looking into the deal in more detail' is farcical as it's already far too late! How can they speak positively about the deal without knowing the detail, which could easily see us selling our soul to the devil in the future??? And for those who're hoping that the council wouldn't have screwed us, please remember how anti-Swans the council have been at times and how desperate they are to guarantee increased revenue locally! I wouldn't trust the council to do the right thing at all, especially if talks of council corruption is true.

Finally, I'm not sure I agree that Lisa, ECB, etc can name names as it really wouldn't help them to help us fans on the Trust Board. Maybe we could expect something closer to the elections (as then we should expect full transparency) but I can really understand their reluctance to expose the views of others. It's a pity as there's obviously a desperate need for fresh blood, but we (the voters) need to know who's pulling their weight and who's just enjoying the ride (and freebies).

On the point you raise, i did reply to Alan thanking him and amongst other things made the main point that not opening up Trust comms to non-members was a backwards step in my view that will miss the opportunity to engage with non-members (who are the majority) and prevent the Trust getting its message/views out there to everyone. I also said that as a Member, I'm not precious about keeping Trust news in-house, the opposite in fact, get it out there and spread the word.

As others say above, a closed shop Members fb group and ignoring twitter and the website and other social media platforms is madness! The them amd us and cloak of secrecy will prevail. Got to move away from that as a fundamental if the Trust is ever going to relevant again.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:09 - Feb 22 with 2460 viewscostalotta

Stadium deal agreed on 09:25 - Feb 22 by MoscowJack

Nick, a lot of that made sense but it seems that the co opted LC and ECB are falling into the same quicksand as those before. If, as it seems they do not have the requisite skills needed at this time then it is nothing more than a farce. Hurting people’s feelings doesn’t come into to it. It’s about doing the right thing and if one doesn’t have the vision to see that, nor the application or desire then we will not move forward and nothing will change.

Make no mistake there is a fight going on. When fighting any battle you should aim to be decisive and end it early not pontificate, make excuses or pretend. If that cannot happen, then yo Should use whatever to ensure the desired outcome. This will not happen any time soon IMO.

That’s all this is showing is th Trust is still expanding the mess it’s in. And it don’t care! Becuase they are out of touch and out of its collective mind! The Trust RIP.
Stadium deal agreed on 11:13 - Feb 22 with 2446 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 11:09 - Feb 22 by costalotta

Nick, a lot of that made sense but it seems that the co opted LC and ECB are falling into the same quicksand as those before. If, as it seems they do not have the requisite skills needed at this time then it is nothing more than a farce. Hurting people’s feelings doesn’t come into to it. It’s about doing the right thing and if one doesn’t have the vision to see that, nor the application or desire then we will not move forward and nothing will change.

Make no mistake there is a fight going on. When fighting any battle you should aim to be decisive and end it early not pontificate, make excuses or pretend. If that cannot happen, then yo Should use whatever to ensure the desired outcome. This will not happen any time soon IMO.

That’s all this is showing is th Trust is still expanding the mess it’s in. And it don’t care! Becuase they are out of touch and out of its collective mind! The Trust RIP.

Exactly mate and Lisa and Cude and the other two need to stand up and get things done now. Nick has just given them an excuse to carry on as normal.

And the normal the Trust offers is sadly lacking in any real guts or relevance.

Stadium deal agreed on 11:27 - Feb 22 with 2415 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:09 - Feb 22 by costalotta

I understand what you're saying and the quicksand analogy is one that I can really see happening to a lot of people, but maybe it's better for us to respect Lisa and ECB's position and try to help them by surrounding them with people who are more likely to be like-minded.

It's not about giving them an excuse, but respecting their judgement of the situation.

We already know there are certain individuals, like Viv Williams (tail wagging the dog man) and Nigel Hamer who many seem to think are the dinosaurs of the Trust, so we need to ensure that there's BETTER fresh blood to replace them once the elections come.

What does worry me, quite a lot, is how Nigel Hamer can't be elected out....ever!! That's plain wrong. If he's the best man for the job then he should stay, but if there's someone better out there who's more than willing to give his/her best, then they should have the opportunity to replace him. I'm all for continuity in most major roles but the person in his role should definitely be changed more often than once every 20 years!

Stadium deal agreed on 16:59 - Feb 22 with 2216 viewsdobjack2

Stadium deal agreed on 11:13 - Feb 22 by TheResurrection

Exactly mate and Lisa and Cude and the other two need to stand up and get things done now. Nick has just given them an excuse to carry on as normal.

And the normal the Trust offers is sadly lacking in any real guts or relevance.

If those that have a vote are outvoted they can’t get things done that the majority don’t agree with.
Stadium deal agreed on 19:27 - Feb 22 with 2097 viewslonglostjack

Stadium deal agreed on 16:59 - Feb 22 by dobjack2

If those that have a vote are outvoted they can’t get things done that the majority don’t agree with.

SCSA should be leafleting everybody at games to join the Trust and clearly say why. People can either fight the battle on the pitch or shout from the sidelines. Better to be on the pitch I think.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stadium deal agreed on 19:50 - Feb 22 with 2064 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 19:27 - Feb 22 by longlostjack

SCSA should be leafleting everybody at games to join the Trust and clearly say why. People can either fight the battle on the pitch or shout from the sidelines. Better to be on the pitch I think.

Mate the Trust should be leafleting everyone to join, rather than trying to exclude everyone that isn't already a member. Alan Lewis should publicly apologise to all the people he has email infected with that piece of crap and confirm he was being a hopeless dick, or fall on his sword.

You do have a good point, as I suppose they probably won't leaflet people saying 'join us to vote off our useless and pointless dinosaur knobs'.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 2013 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 19:50 - Feb 22 by monmouth

Mate the Trust should be leafleting everyone to join, rather than trying to exclude everyone that isn't already a member. Alan Lewis should publicly apologise to all the people he has email infected with that piece of crap and confirm he was being a hopeless dick, or fall on his sword.

You do have a good point, as I suppose they probably won't leaflet people saying 'join us to vote off our useless and pointless dinosaur knobs'.

Back of the net! The only reason ANYONE would join the trust at this time is to vote most of the incompetent tvvats off the board. They know it, so the last thing they want to do is encourage it!
Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 22 with 1999 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 19:50 - Feb 22 by monmouth

That's a good point, mono.....they'd want as little fuss over the elections as possible. We all have to make sure that doesn't happen.

What makes me laugh is seeing them go to their governing body to change the length of tenure rules (saying that it's hard to recruit people onto the Trust Board) but then 15 people miraculously apply for the more recent positions.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:24 - Feb 22 with 1974 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 22 by MoscowJack

That's a good point, mono.....they'd want as little fuss over the elections as possible. We all have to make sure that doesn't happen.

What makes me laugh is seeing them go to their governing body to change the length of tenure rules (saying that it's hard to recruit people onto the Trust Board) but then 15 people miraculously apply for the more recent positions.

Point of order and I’m not defending the term limits thing because I made my views on that clear at the time and they haven’t changed. But it’s not true that the Trust went to or asked if it could change/remove the term limit tenures in the way you’ve implied there. Supporters Direct removed term limits from the model rules that all trusts should adopt, it was not done at the request of the Trust. Individual trusts can set their own term limits if they want but they’re not in the SD model rules anymore.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 20:29 - Feb 22 with 1948 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:24 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

Point of order and I’m not defending the term limits thing because I made my views on that clear at the time and they haven’t changed. But it’s not true that the Trust went to or asked if it could change/remove the term limit tenures in the way you’ve implied there. Supporters Direct removed term limits from the model rules that all trusts should adopt, it was not done at the request of the Trust. Individual trusts can set their own term limits if they want but they’re not in the SD model rules anymore.

So you agree that there are people on the trust board that should have left their positions before those new rules were adopted?
Stadium deal agreed on 20:30 - Feb 22 with 1939 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:29 - Feb 22 by Garyjack

So you agree that there are people on the trust board that should have left their positions before those new rules were adopted?

Absolutely yes. I said that on here at the time rather vocally. The rules were quite clear.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 20:56 - Feb 22 with 1881 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:30 - Feb 22 by exiledclaseboy

Absolutely yes. I said that on here at the time rather vocally. The rules were quite clear.

Maybe it would be worth a shot reminding them of the fact at the next board meeting as there are people on that board that need to be removed for obvious reasons!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024