Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64192 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 11:06 - Feb 17 with 2845 viewswobbly

Stadium deal agreed on 10:59 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

They're busy forming a sub-committee to discuss it

I did go and check the website and sure enough, nothing. After the Americans excluded them from the original deal, reneged on the subsequent deal, and all the various director appointment and resignation shenanigans, and all the rest of the shit that has gone on, it does look like they’ve caught them on the hop again. Otherwiese, they would have a statement ready to go...

Agree that we have to have an open mind in the absence of any f*cking information as to whether it’s good or not from our supporter director, but it’s not like the Americans have ever done anything so far to deserve our trust.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 11:08]
Stadium deal agreed on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 2838 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 10:13 - Feb 17 by Gowerjack

So we are paying extra for something that to all intents and purposes was ours anyway.

Wise.

With control comes opportunities to make more money for the 28+ mouths that need feeding Steve, unless that money is invested back into the club.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium deal agreed on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 2838 viewsharryhpalmer

All we can hope for is that there is a provision in the lease so that it cannot be sold to anyone, and has to be retained by the Football club.

That way nobody can benefit other than the actual owner of the football club. and so nobody else can own it and charge the club and extortionate rent like has been seen at other clubs.

I think we'll soon see what the Americans' intentions are now though.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:11 - Feb 17 with 2821 viewsMoscowJack

My initial thoughts are that this is the start of the escape plan by the Yanks.

Now (or probably in the summer) the club can announce the renaming of the stadium, which will add a lot of clear profit to the bottom line. If they can get anything like the deal that DC United have with Audi, it will be a hell of a lot of money!

I've heard that we have to pay ÂŁ300k a year for the lease but does that go down if/when we're relegated? SURELY we wouldn't agree to a lease that didn't get reduced depending on what league we were in???

Is it true that the council bought very poor quality steel when building the stadium and this is rusting badly already? Does the responsibility for replacing this steel now rest with the club?

What's the Trust's view? Do they agree with this deal? As usual, the silence has been pretty deafening, with the exception of the few Board members with the balls to come on here, of course.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:14 - Feb 17 with 2799 viewsperchrockjack

Nick.
What do you believe is the best option for the club

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stadium deal agreed on 11:17 - Feb 17 with 2794 viewsshandyjack

how long before we can change the sponsorship of the stadium?, i've an open mind on this and will wait and see before casting judgment

Poll: Expectation for the season

Stadium deal agreed on 11:18 - Feb 17 with 2793 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 10:42 - Feb 17 by wobbly

Has the trust issued any kind of statement on this yet?

You avin a Turkish son?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stadium deal agreed on 11:19 - Feb 17 with 2789 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 11:11 - Feb 17 by MoscowJack

Now (or probably in the summer) the club can announce the renaming of the stadium, which will add a lot of clear profit to the bottom line. If they can get anything like the deal that DC United have with Audi, it will be a hell of a lot of money!

I've heard that we have to pay ÂŁ300k a year for the lease but does that go down if/when we're relegated? SURELY we wouldn't agree to a lease that didn't get reduced depending on what league we were in???

Is it true that the council bought very poor quality steel when building the stadium and this is rusting badly already? Does the responsibility for replacing this steel now rest with the club?

What's the Trust's view? Do they agree with this deal? As usual, the silence has been pretty deafening, with the exception of the few Board members with the balls to come on here, of course.

The rumour about the Steel, has been mentioned on here before apparently that's a big stumbling block of any expansion, that's another rumour though.

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 11:20 - Feb 17 with 2781 viewsGowerjack

Stadium deal agreed on 10:57 - Feb 17 by Jango

It’s obviously financially beneficial to the club to secure this deal. Whether the extra money raised will be pumped directly back into the club or used to line the shareholders pockets is another matter. Only time will tell. Hopefully we’ll look back at this as a moment we took the step to the next level.

It's not beneficial to the club.

How can you think that?

It's only beneficial to the owners of the club and that's a completely different thing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:21 - Feb 17 with 2781 viewsjasper_T

Stadium deal agreed on 11:17 - Feb 17 by shandyjack

how long before we can change the sponsorship of the stadium?, i've an open mind on this and will wait and see before casting judgment

The original Liberty deal expired a year or two ago, didn't it?
Stadium deal agreed on 11:33 - Feb 17 with 2749 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 11:06 - Feb 17 by wobbly

I did go and check the website and sure enough, nothing. After the Americans excluded them from the original deal, reneged on the subsequent deal, and all the various director appointment and resignation shenanigans, and all the rest of the shit that has gone on, it does look like they’ve caught them on the hop again. Otherwiese, they would have a statement ready to go...

Agree that we have to have an open mind in the absence of any f*cking information as to whether it’s good or not from our supporter director, but it’s not like the Americans have ever done anything so far to deserve our trust.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 11:08]

There seems that on the face of it there's no stomach for the fight, the 21% share holding seems not to matter 1 iota, is it really worth anything come to that apart from on paper?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:34 - Feb 17 with 2741 viewsQJumpingJack

Were the Trust consulted or did the Americans "forget" (again)?
Stadium deal agreed on 11:37 - Feb 17 with 2728 viewsNeath_Jack

Of course it was poor quality steel, Rowecord Engineering were involved

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stadium deal agreed on 11:53 - Feb 17 with 2673 viewsQJumpingJack

It seems strange that such a big announcement does not have any quotes from the Chairman.

The way the Americans praise Pearlman makes me think he will get the top job in the Summer (if we stay up).
Stadium deal agreed on 11:57 - Feb 17 with 2667 viewsdobjack2

Stadium deal agreed on 11:03 - Feb 17 by costalotta

It’s a mindset thing.

Crowd facing ads? Fella, I assume you go to watch the football right?

Exactly and don’t want the “match day experience” messed up by half assed changes.

Bottom line is that we will see what becomes of this. Could be good, bad or have no real impact, time will tell. My mindset is sadly one of suspicion - I wish it wasn’t- but that is as a result of all that has gone on.
Stadium deal agreed on 11:59 - Feb 17 with 2661 viewsmax936

Stadium deal agreed on 11:37 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

Of course it was poor quality steel, Rowecord Engineering were involved

Which are part of Scotts enough said

Stadium deal agreed on 12:16 - Feb 17 with 2633 viewsairedale

Stadium deal agreed on 11:53 - Feb 17 by QJumpingJack

It seems strange that such a big announcement does not have any quotes from the Chairman.

The way the Americans praise Pearlman makes me think he will get the top job in the Summer (if we stay up).

Let’s hope he signs some good players then.
Stadium deal agreed on 12:33 - Feb 17 with 2595 viewswestside

Yanks always come out with big statements before games which is annoying when the focus should be on the game
Stadium deal agreed on 12:38 - Feb 17 with 2583 viewsGaryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:19 - Feb 17 by max936

The rumour about the Steel, has been mentioned on here before apparently that's a big stumbling block of any expansion, that's another rumour though.

That 'rumour' was started by Armchair_blue back in the old Jackarmy/sleepinggiant days. There is no truth in it whatsoever!
Stadium deal agreed on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 2539 viewsJack_Kass

Stadium deal agreed on 12:38 - Feb 17 by Garyjack

That 'rumour' was started by Armchair_blue back in the old Jackarmy/sleepinggiant days. There is no truth in it whatsoever!

The statue of Liberty stadium?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Stadium deal agreed on 13:33 - Feb 17 with 2485 viewsFlashberryjack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:03 - Feb 17 by costalotta

It’s a mindset thing.

Crowd facing ads? Fella, I assume you go to watch the football right?

They are a f*cking disgrace not matter what mindset anyone has.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stadium deal agreed on 15:44 - Feb 17 with 2379 viewscostalotta

Stadium deal agreed on 11:57 - Feb 17 by dobjack2

Exactly and don’t want the “match day experience” messed up by half assed changes.

Bottom line is that we will see what becomes of this. Could be good, bad or have no real impact, time will tell. My mindset is sadly one of suspicion - I wish it wasn’t- but that is as a result of all that has gone on.

That mindset is not uncommon in and around South Wales and particularly Swansea. So you are not alone.

I don’t care about the advertising boards as I prefer to watch the game on the pitch and sometimes the crowd.
Stadium deal agreed on 15:47 - Feb 17 with 2373 viewsexiledclaseboy

I found out about the announcement on this thread along with the rest of you.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 15:52 - Feb 17 with 2354 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 15:47 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I found out about the announcement on this thread along with the rest of you.

Excellent work Andrew, you're making a real difference there 😉

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 15:53 - Feb 17 with 2355 viewsJango

Stadium deal agreed on 11:20 - Feb 17 by Gowerjack

It's not beneficial to the club.

How can you think that?

It's only beneficial to the owners of the club and that's a completely different thing.

Pure speculation. If you’re gonna jump to negative conclusions about everything that happens at the club on the future then maybe it’s time you found a new club to support because there can be no joy in it for you. Think positive mun. Could be a great thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024