Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? 11:24 - Feb 17 with 3566 viewsjackharris

This will only be really interesting to us later if we mange to progress versus Wednesday this afternoon, in the early kick off or at least draw.

When is the FA Cup draw scheduled to take place?

The draw for the next round will be staged at 8PM TONIGHT on BT Sport, the BBC Sport website and Radio Five Live, following Manchester United’s fifth round tie at Huddersfield (5.30pm). Michael Owen and Shay Given will pull out the numbered balls.

Full List

1 Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea

2 WBA or Southampton

3 Chelsea

4 Leicester

5 Huddersfield or Man Utd

6 Rochdale or Spurs

7 Albion or Coventry

8 Wigan or Manchester City
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 11:30]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 11:59 - Feb 17 with 2943 viewsshandyjack

1 v 7 would be the best draw for us if we go through

Poll: Expectation for the season

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 19:53 - Feb 17 with 2814 viewsjackharris

BUMP!!!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 2779 viewstomdickharry

Knowing our luck we will get Rochdale or Spurs away.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:06 - Feb 17 with 2713 viewsswanforthemoney

Happy with a home draw against anyone but City. IF We are lucky enough to get past Sheffield.

I stand in the North Stand

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 2681 viewsPrivate_Partz

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 19:58 - Feb 17 by tomdickharry

Knowing our luck we will get Rochdale or Spurs away.

Almost right lol.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 2653 viewsmonmouth

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:06 - Feb 17 by swanforthemoney

Happy with a home draw against anyone but City. IF We are lucky enough to get past Sheffield.

You’re happy then. Newps almost did spurs let’s nail weds and finish the job.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:09 - Feb 17 with 2616 viewsFireboy2

At last a home draw

Now lets get through sheffield weds and do spurs

COYJB
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:49]
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:09 - Feb 17 with 2598 viewsOldjack

C'mon Rochdale

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:10 - Feb 17 with 2551 viewsJBT95

With our game v Southampton now postponed, as it's on the weekend of the sixth round and Southampton are through the fifth round we may as well win and go through or we will have a spare date.

All these quarter final games are on TV, and with extra time and penalties as there are no replays, I would think there will be no lunchtime Saturday match, so what does everybody want? I would like Sunday anytime, too many night games this year already and we will have another 2 in Wednesday (on a Tuesday!) and Southampton.

I guess many will not want Saturday evening as Wales vs France in the Sicks Nations is 5pm that day.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:17]
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:11 - Feb 17 with 2539 viewsJBT95

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 11:59 - Feb 17 by shandyjack

1 v 7 would be the best draw for us if we go through

I too was hoping for Brighton at home.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 2498 viewsE20Jack

Bad draw all round really. We need the big clubs to be playing eachother. They avoided it last round and have again this round.

Hope for a Rochdale shock.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 2495 viewslifelong

Very good draw for us, those pricks on BT Sports already writing us off...let’s go for it. ⚽️
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:16 - Feb 17 with 2445 viewsJack_Kass

Spurs get very spursy around that time of the year.

Winnable. If we get there.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:18 - Feb 17 with 2414 viewslifelong

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:13 - Feb 17 by E20Jack

Bad draw all round really. We need the big clubs to be playing eachother. They avoided it last round and have again this round.

Hope for a Rochdale shock.

If we beat SW we’ve got a home draw against Spurs (probably), very good draw for us.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:23 - Feb 17 with 2373 viewssherpajacob

Have spurs ever when the cup when the year ends in 8?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:24 - Feb 17 with 2362 viewsJBT95

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:23 - Feb 17 by sherpajacob

Have spurs ever when the cup when the year ends in 8?

Their last major trophy was the 2008 League Cup.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 2286 viewsJBT95

The Quarter final games all have to be played Fri-Sun as it's international break the following week, so dunno why they advertising the 19th.

Really hope this tie is on Sunday.

50/50 chance I would think, bound to be Friday evening, Saturday evening and two Sunday games.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:35]
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:43 - Feb 17 with 2241 viewsmonmouth

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:34 - Feb 17 by JBT95

The Quarter final games all have to be played Fri-Sun as it's international break the following week, so dunno why they advertising the 19th.

Really hope this tie is on Sunday.

50/50 chance I would think, bound to be Friday evening, Saturday evening and two Sunday games.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:35]

‘This tie?’ We’re not playing in it yet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:57 - Feb 17 with 2187 viewsJBT95

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:43 - Feb 17 by monmouth

‘This tie?’ We’re not playing in it yet.

Well if we get through, either way the date will be announced before we play Sheff Weds.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:16 - Feb 17 with 2126 viewsE20Jack

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 20:18 - Feb 17 by lifelong

If we beat SW we’ve got a home draw against Spurs (probably), very good draw for us.

I disagree. Not only do we have an utterly dreadful record against them, if we manage to beat them then the rest of the semi finalists will be very likely Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea.

I think if I were to create a worst case scenario draw prior to it today, the one that happened wouldn't be a million miles from being just that. Home is the only positive, but apart from that there is not a great deal to be thankful to the FA draw Gods for.

A good draw extends far beyond just who we are drawn against, it is the bigger picture and route to winning it. Todays draw made that almost as hard a route as possible and are now relying on shocks to change that.

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:25 - Feb 17 with 2092 viewslifelong

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:16 - Feb 17 by E20Jack

I disagree. Not only do we have an utterly dreadful record against them, if we manage to beat them then the rest of the semi finalists will be very likely Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea.

I think if I were to create a worst case scenario draw prior to it today, the one that happened wouldn't be a million miles from being just that. Home is the only positive, but apart from that there is not a great deal to be thankful to the FA draw Gods for.

A good draw extends far beyond just who we are drawn against, it is the bigger picture and route to winning it. Todays draw made that almost as hard a route as possible and are now relying on shocks to change that.

In 1964 we were drawn against Liverpool away in the 6th round, they were the top side in the country and went on to win the title that season, we were a mid table second tier side. We went to Anfield and beat them 2-1.. this is the FA cup, form and league status go out of the window...we have a very good chance of getting to the semi final, where, anything can happen.
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:35 - Feb 17 with 2054 viewsvetchonian

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:25 - Feb 17 by lifelong

In 1964 we were drawn against Liverpool away in the 6th round, they were the top side in the country and went on to win the title that season, we were a mid table second tier side. We went to Anfield and beat them 2-1.. this is the FA cup, form and league status go out of the window...we have a very good chance of getting to the semi final, where, anything can happen.

Well said Lifelong........and these days we are in the same league....we'll sort of ......as you say it's the FA cup.......anything can happen....I do sometimes wonder about some of our fans they are so negative

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 2012 viewsJBT95

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:16 - Feb 17 by E20Jack

The longer a run goes on the more chance it has of ending surely?!

Maybe this is our time to beat the north Londoners!
FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 08:06 - Feb 18 with 1724 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:56 - Feb 17 by JBT95

The longer a run goes on the more chance it has of ending surely?!

Maybe this is our time to beat the north Londoners!

It's a shame we have so many injuries . Signing cup tied players hasn't helped. But I think Carlos has the tactical nous to frustrate spurs so let's hope we have as many players back fit as possible. It's certainly doable st home, they've got big commitments in the league and Europe.
Anything is possible - I'd love us to win this competition.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 08:43 - Feb 18 with 1639 viewsE20Jack

FA Cup Draw with a Positive Result? on 21:25 - Feb 17 by lifelong

Of course.

Nobody has said it can't happen or never has. But the harder the route the more unlikely it becomes. Yesterday's draw undoubtedly made that route harder, possibly the hardest available. Not impossible of course, but now very improbable.

When you get to this stage you want to avoid the big teams and get them playing each-other, that way you may only need to beat one, maybe two to win the whole thing. Yesterday made it pretty probable that in order to win the Cup we now have to beat 3 of the top 4 one after another.

If we can, it would be stunning. But it is now a massive ask.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024