Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy Abraham 14:19 - Feb 17 with 10924 viewsdazdec197296

Offers absolutely nothing.
Tammy Abraham on 19:59 - Feb 17 with 4874 viewsThornburyswan

Impact sub for me against tiring centre backs.
Tammy Abraham on 20:12 - Feb 17 with 4860 viewsjasper_T

Tammy Abraham on 19:51 - Feb 17 by dickythorpe

He's come here 19 years of age, playing in a mediocre side that isn't safe from relegation. I like him he shows determination which many WHO ARE HERE FULL TIME have NOT shown.
Far to early to writ him off.

Determination to hide and sulk and do sod all for most of the season.
Tammy Abraham on 20:24 - Feb 17 with 4841 viewsTheFranchise

Tammy Abraham on 19:51 - Feb 17 by dickythorpe

He's come here 19 years of age, playing in a mediocre side that isn't safe from relegation. I like him he shows determination which many WHO ARE HERE FULL TIME have NOT shown.
Far to early to writ him off.

That's why I said he's not polished enough for us. We need him to perform and he's not.
Tammy Abraham on 22:09 - Feb 17 with 4779 viewsJackFish

His hold up play is excellent?!? I'd love to know where you've seen that because every time I've seen him play he gets bullied off the ball far too easily. A couple of goals against a league two side doesn't change that.
Tammy Abraham on 22:56 - Feb 17 with 4745 viewsLandore_Jack

Some people need to get a grip. He is 20 years old. Still learning his trade.

#backtojack

Tammy Abraham on 23:53 - Feb 17 with 4705 viewsgetcarter

Makings of a class player
Tammy Abraham on 00:47 - Feb 18 with 4676 viewsTaliesin

Too raw for what we need. People are blinded that he's from Chelsea and must be really really good.

He makes the decision to send Ollie out on loan even worse. If we weren't so threadbare in the striker department I'd send him back. As someone said earlier he's Championship level at best
Tammy Abraham on 02:18 - Feb 18 with 4658 viewsjasper_T

Tammy Abraham on 22:56 - Feb 17 by Landore_Jack

We've spent money to bring him in for this year only. How he might turn out 3 or 4 years from now is irrelevant to us.

It's not like he's one of our kids we can benefit from investing time in.
Login to get fewer ads

Tammy Abraham on 07:38 - Feb 18 with 4599 views34dfgdf54

Tammy Abraham on 22:56 - Feb 17 by Landore_Jack

What good is that to us? He’s on loan, getting over £50k per week. Whether he goes back to Chelsea and progresses, I couldn’t give a f*ck about. It’s what he does this season with us is what he will be judged on, and he has been mainly sh*t.

Edit - Jasper sums it up well above.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 7:38]
Tammy Abraham on 08:31 - Feb 18 with 4558 viewsmonmouth

Yes a loan player should be capable of doing a job in the here and now, if necessary while still developing, like Caulker. Better still be totally ready and able like De Guzman. Abraham is like McEachran in a way. A youth player that may or may not make it. So a massive punt. Someone like Loftus Cheek was far more advanced and his injury is a big part of Palace stumbling.

I’m still hopeful he can make a real contribution, as he did earlier in the season hence the ridiculous England call up, but we are not really set up to help him either. He’s not a hold it up player.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tammy Abraham on 12:40 - Feb 18 with 4463 viewsswan65split

hes not doing it for us when its needed.
poor in the air.
may turn out good in the future, but hes not what we need at this time.
harry kane or that foxes twPt he aint.
Tammy Abraham on 13:23 - Feb 18 with 4432 viewswestside

Loans would be better used by bringing in experienced players who have guaranteed ability and experience not unproven kids.

We're gambling with our future in the premier league because of it.
Tammy Abraham on 13:58 - Feb 18 with 4410 viewspencoedjack

A young English player hyped up by the media.

Won’t make it in the PL but made for life after the kids euros & a good season in championship
Tammy Abraham on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 4337 viewsperplex

Tammy Abraham on 23:53 - Feb 17 by getcarter

Makings of a class player

Nope he will be a decent championship quality player at best, as a striker he will also be hindered by his lack of bottle, courage is something you can not install I`m afraid and we have seen him back out of tackles and crosses quite a few times this season.
Tammy Abraham on 18:37 - Feb 18 with 4303 viewsawayjack

Tammy Abraham on 18:12 - Feb 18 by perplex

Nope he will be a decent championship quality player at best, as a striker he will also be hindered by his lack of bottle, courage is something you can not install I`m afraid and we have seen him back out of tackles and crosses quite a few times this season.

He's 20 FFS. Harry Kane struggled in lower leagues at 20-22 and learned huge amounts. Tammy may not be right time for us - 2 young loanees v experience we need - but he has the qualities to be a decent PL player in a couple of years.
Tammy Abraham on 18:41 - Feb 18 with 4298 viewsDr_Winston

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Abraham carves out a decent PL career. He's probably not top, top quality but in a team with better players around him he should do OK.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham on 21:06 - Feb 18 with 4255 viewsLoyal

Tammy Abraham on 18:41 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Abraham carves out a decent PL career. He's probably not top, top quality but in a team with better players around him he should do OK.

Reminds me of a poor peter crouch.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tammy Abraham on 21:29 - Feb 18 with 4237 viewskarnataka

Tammy Abraham on 14:27 - Feb 17 by shandyjack

hard to judge him when he's got two big piles of sh1t next too him in Narsingh and Routledge to be fair

Is that the same Narsingh who put both of Tammy's goals against Notts Co on a silver plate tied up with ribbons for him? Or was it a different Narsingh? Oh, as well as one of Nathan's too.
Tammy Abraham on 22:16 - Feb 18 with 4217 views34dfgdf54

Tammy Abraham on 18:37 - Feb 18 by awayjack

He's 20 FFS. Harry Kane struggled in lower leagues at 20-22 and learned huge amounts. Tammy may not be right time for us - 2 young loanees v experience we need - but he has the qualities to be a decent PL player in a couple of years.

You do make a good point regarding Harry Kane in fairness, there’s still time for Tammy. I can only give an opinion from what I’ve seen of him so far though, and I don’t think he’ll survive at Chelsea. Definitely not what we needed either, needs to be played alongside someone, a lone striker he is not.
Tammy Abraham on 22:21 - Feb 18 with 4213 viewsMorganator100

He got bullied yesterday but he has time on his side to strengthen. Then again, we messed about at the back so much that he never had any space to run on to a pass behind them. Hard to blame or judge him for yesterday.
Tammy Abraham on 23:46 - Feb 18 with 4184 viewsjasper_T

Tammy Abraham on 22:16 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

You do make a good point regarding Harry Kane in fairness, there’s still time for Tammy. I can only give an opinion from what I’ve seen of him so far though, and I don’t think he’ll survive at Chelsea. Definitely not what we needed either, needs to be played alongside someone, a lone striker he is not.

The times we put him up with Bony he managed to be even more anonymous than usual, so I'm not sure I buy that argument.
Tammy Abraham on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 4108 viewsTenbySwan

Press reports this morning that Gareth Southgate was there yo see TA on saturday. And that he missed his chance to impress.

If he had pushed on he could have been in contention for Russia, but I'm afraid he has shown too little.

Having said that I think it was a mistake to take him off for Ayew on Saturday. Routledge or Narsingh should have made way with Ayew deeper. I reckon we would have scored then with the late chances we had.
Tammy Abraham on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 4072 viewsJackSkellington

Tammy Abraham on 08:31 - Feb 18 by monmouth

Yes a loan player should be capable of doing a job in the here and now, if necessary while still developing, like Caulker. Better still be totally ready and able like De Guzman. Abraham is like McEachran in a way. A youth player that may or may not make it. So a massive punt. Someone like Loftus Cheek was far more advanced and his injury is a big part of Palace stumbling.

I’m still hopeful he can make a real contribution, as he did earlier in the season hence the ridiculous England call up, but we are not really set up to help him either. He’s not a hold it up player.

The ridiculous England call up was just an insurance policy for England though. Tammy was making noises at the time about possibly playing for Nigeria, so England called him up mainly to lock him into their setup. They'd kick themselves otherwise if he turns out to be a star in the future.
Tammy Abraham on 12:07 - Feb 19 with 4043 viewsBobbyBacala

Tammy Abraham on 11:20 - Feb 19 by JackSkellington

The ridiculous England call up was just an insurance policy for England though. Tammy was making noises at the time about possibly playing for Nigeria, so England called him up mainly to lock him into their setup. They'd kick themselves otherwise if he turns out to be a star in the future.

He's able to change allegiance until he plays in a competitive match for England - Diego Costa played 2 friendlies for Brazil so was able to turn out for Spain.

He might see his call up as a vote of confidence in him though and might turn down Nigerian call ups until he plays again for England.
Tammy Abraham on 12:11 - Feb 19 with 4037 viewsJackSkellington

Tammy Abraham on 12:07 - Feb 19 by BobbyBacala

He's able to change allegiance until he plays in a competitive match for England - Diego Costa played 2 friendlies for Brazil so was able to turn out for Spain.

He might see his call up as a vote of confidence in him though and might turn down Nigerian call ups until he plays again for England.

Ah, thanks I didn't know that! I knew they could switch allegiance between playing U21 and senior, I thought once they were capped for the senior team they're locked in for ever more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024