Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 14:24 - Feb 17 with 4751 viewsTom1912

How is it fair to use this in some games but not others in the same tournament?

Ref was useless today, but that’s two clear penalties not given that VAR wouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to award.
VAR on 14:27 - Feb 17 with 4725 viewsBobby_Fischer

Its only available in Premier League grounds?

It will probably be in use in the replay, and they'll win a pen

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

VAR on 19:08 - Feb 17 with 4634 viewsAnotherJohn

The BT Sport commentary team, and especially Robbie Savage, made fools of themselves this evening trying to rubbish the VAR decision to disallow Mata's goal. It was close, but looked marginally offside all along, and when the TV company finally got their lines in the right place this was shown to be so. They seem desperate to stir up controversy by rubbishing the technology, not to mention showing their usual big club bias. Graham Poll is desperately engaging reverse gear as I type, trying to excuse the BS he spouted right after the decision.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:09]
VAR on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 4567 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

VAR on 19:08 - Feb 17 by AnotherJohn

The BT Sport commentary team, and especially Robbie Savage, made fools of themselves this evening trying to rubbish the VAR decision to disallow Mata's goal. It was close, but looked marginally offside all along, and when the TV company finally got their lines in the right place this was shown to be so. They seem desperate to stir up controversy by rubbishing the technology, not to mention showing their usual big club bias. Graham Poll is desperately engaging reverse gear as I type, trying to excuse the BS he spouted right after the decision.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:09]

They are only doing what the producer asks them to, make it exciting Robbie, make it controversial Robbie, keep people watching Robbie, say something Robbie, make a fool of yourself Robbie, keep talking Robbie!!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

VAR on 20:58 - Feb 17 with 4549 viewsJBT95

I have never understood this as well, it's the same with goal line tech.
VAR on 11:59 - Feb 18 with 4435 viewsJacktheCork

It will help sell beer, pies and pi55 breaks
VAR on 23:20 - Feb 18 with 4356 viewsscottishjack

I’ve got a rugby supporting mate who has the same argument, if it can’t be used at all levels, it shouldn’t be used at all. And even then, Video refs are just as bad at getting the big calls right, see England v Wales last week, and then World Rugby hanging the lot of them out to dry with an apology.

VAR isn’t off to the best of starts and we all have different opinions... I do wonder if some of these VAR problems aren’t the refs deliberately messing it up though?
VAR on 07:47 - Feb 19 with 4308 viewstrampie

VAR in all sports is better than the alternative of no VAR.
It should cover every Prem League game, Champions League game etc and not just some games.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

VAR on 08:07 - Feb 19 with 4292 viewsMrSwerve

-FIFA reluctant to introduce VAR as it won't be able to be used at all levels
-fans get angry
-VAR introduced but not at every level
-fans get angry

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 08:36 - Feb 19 with 4266 viewsLoyal

VAR on 23:20 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

I’ve got a rugby supporting mate who has the same argument, if it can’t be used at all levels, it shouldn’t be used at all. And even then, Video refs are just as bad at getting the big calls right, see England v Wales last week, and then World Rugby hanging the lot of them out to dry with an apology.

VAR isn’t off to the best of starts and we all have different opinions... I do wonder if some of these VAR problems aren’t the refs deliberately messing it up though?

The rugby decision was stained with a far more obvious reasoning than VAR.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VAR on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 4243 viewsTom1912

VAR on 08:07 - Feb 19 by MrSwerve

-FIFA reluctant to introduce VAR as it won't be able to be used at all levels
-fans get angry
-VAR introduced but not at every level
-fans get angry

I don’t care about whether it’s being used at every level but in a tournament like the FA Cup I think it should be used consistently across the tournament from the third round.
VAR on 10:03 - Feb 19 with 4216 viewsDewi1jack

VAR on 23:20 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

"I do wonder if some of these VAR problems aren’t the refs deliberately messing it up though?"

I'd been thinking this myself.
Maybe refs are worried about this being the first step towards them having to do press conferences, in which they explain their sometimes weird decisions.

"Mike Dean. Why do you always give penalties to a big team? Or send off a player opposing a big team?"

"Bobby Madley. Why are you such a tw@?"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024