Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earthquake In Skewen ? 14:34 - Feb 17 with 13920 viewsSTID2017

Anyone else.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:17 - Feb 17 with 2538 viewsdickythorpe

Lovely day down in Amroth , sea quite calm.

We had worse in the mid 80's
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 2510 viewsNeath_Jack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 15:49 - Feb 17 by Phil_S

'My daughter’s toys were coming off the shelves'

Tracy Llewellyn, from Maesteg, said:

“I didn’t know what it was. The whole house was shaking. My daughter’s toys were coming off the shelves and she was very frightened. The water geiser was going crazy.”

This is him, he's calmed down now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:26 - Feb 17 with 2507 viewsbuilthjack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 15:34 - Feb 17 by airedale

Who’s playin?

The Tremeloes

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:29 - Feb 17 with 2486 viewsPhil_S

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:25 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

This is him, he's calmed down now.

Loving it
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:29 - Feb 17 with 2484 viewsPhil_S

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 16:32 - Feb 17 with 2475 viewsCooperman

I hope you’re all ok down there on planet earth.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:06 - Feb 17 with 2392 viewsOldjack

A powerful magnitude 0.1 earthquake shook South and West Wales today, causing people to fall off the sofa, spilling their pints of bow and left wondering if their pets are suffering with severe flatulence.

Social media is alight with the small, but powerful shock:

Dai the can from Swansea has reported being shook so hard, he's found his house key after 16 years and finally will now be returning home to his family.

Brenda of Haverfordwest, has had to throw out a batch of perfectly risen souffles after they fell off the counter. Fuming she is.

Mad Dave from Rhondda is running around town handing out daffodils, shouting 'He's Coming, He's Coming. In reference to Jesus Christ returning, to take him out of his 25 year Ket hole.

Emergency services are assessing the damage and on standby, but as Alex Rees from Swansea has marked himself Safe on FB initial thoughts they wont be needed.

Please use this page to stay in touch for further updates and connect with fellow Quakers!!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:07 - Feb 17 with 2394 viewsBanosswan

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:06 - Feb 17 by Oldjack

A powerful magnitude 0.1 earthquake shook South and West Wales today, causing people to fall off the sofa, spilling their pints of bow and left wondering if their pets are suffering with severe flatulence.

Social media is alight with the small, but powerful shock:

Dai the can from Swansea has reported being shook so hard, he's found his house key after 16 years and finally will now be returning home to his family.

Brenda of Haverfordwest, has had to throw out a batch of perfectly risen souffles after they fell off the counter. Fuming she is.

Mad Dave from Rhondda is running around town handing out daffodils, shouting 'He's Coming, He's Coming. In reference to Jesus Christ returning, to take him out of his 25 year Ket hole.

Emergency services are assessing the damage and on standby, but as Alex Rees from Swansea has marked himself Safe on FB initial thoughts they wont be needed.

Please use this page to stay in touch for further updates and connect with fellow Quakers!!

Lock up your daughters, Oxfam are on the way

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:27 - Feb 17 with 2360 viewsSwanjaxs

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 15:39 - Feb 17 by Phil_S

Wales Online again

15:17
'I'm a bit shook up'

Ann Lewis, from Aberdare, said: “I’m just a bit shook up, it was very strange.

“I was sat on the sofa watching Come Dine With Me and it just shook.

“It didn’t interrupt the signal.

“I’ve got quite a lot of glass furniture that was not cheap, so I hope it does not happen again.”

Ann, 52, added: “My daughter was in bed unwell and I ran out the front, I thought perhaps someone had hit something in a car.

“All the neighbours shot out of their homes and were saying, ‘What the heck was that?’

“Apparently the guy up the road was in the bath and the whole bath shook.

“I’ve been here 16 years and and this a big solid house and I’ve never felt anything like this before.

“It’s my first earthquake and I’m hoping there are no more.”

Wales Online

15:23
I'll be honest with you, i shìt my knickers, Betty Morris from Aberdare said.
It had nothing to do with the earthquake mind, I'm 93 and it happens all the time!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 2323 viewsHighjack

Am I the only person who didn't feel a f*cking thing?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 2280 viewsRobbie

According to the graphics of Wales on Line the epicentre seems to be in my back garden in Pontardawe , apart from my house radiators suddenly vibrating and shaking , pleased to say life is carrying on as normal .
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 2275 viewsDJack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:58 - Feb 17 by Robbie

According to the graphics of Wales on Line the epicentre seems to be in my back garden in Pontardawe , apart from my house radiators suddenly vibrating and shaking , pleased to say life is carrying on as normal .

Yo need to bleed your radiators then, you gave us all a big shock!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 2237 viewsOldjack

and finally .......... Swansea Earthquake Appeal - please read

A major earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale hit Swansea @ 14:31, Sat Feb 16th 2018 with it's epicenter near Townhill.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering 'faaackinell'.

The earthquake decimated the area causing almost £30.00 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa del Sol were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken before their gyro's arrived.

Local radio DJ, Andy Badger Miles from 'The Wave' and his giggling friend Emma, reported that hundreds of resident's were trying to come to terms that the fact that something interesting had happened in Swansea.

One resident, Tracy Lloyd, a 15-year old mother of 5 said, 'It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all because they had a skinfull earlier that night. I was still shaking when I was skinned up and watching Jeremy Kyle show the next morning.

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The British Red Cross has managed to ship 4,000 crates of lager and sunny delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from the Poundshop.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster.

Clothing is most sought after - items needed most include:
Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Knappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female) White sports socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Tesco's or Asda.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include: Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream, cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms.

£2.50 buys chips, crisps and a blue fizzy drink for a family of 9.

£5.00 buys a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

£10.00 buys a wrap of crack to help those really disturbed.

***BREAKING NEWS***

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in raspberry alco-pop, 'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked 'Townhill!' said the girl, 'wossit got to do wiv you mush?!'

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 18:58 - Feb 17 with 2215 viewsCountyJim

Hope everyone is ok down with you praying for you all
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 19:17 - Feb 17 with 2192 viewsdobjack2

Heard a sound like someone dropping off a skip outside. Was a bit concerned until I realised it was just an earthquake.
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 19:56 - Feb 17 with 2146 viewsburty

i did make a post in rhondda valley llwynypia houses all shook for about 2 seconds shit us all up !!!
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:08 - Feb 17 with 2118 viewsdickythorpe

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 19:56 - Feb 17 by burty

i did make a post in rhondda valley llwynypia houses all shook for about 2 seconds shit us all up !!!

It's almost as if ours was connected somehow with yours!
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:11 - Feb 17 with 2116 viewsjack2jack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 17:27 - Feb 17 by Swanjaxs

Wales Online

15:23
I'll be honest with you, i shìt my knickers, Betty Morris from Aberdare said.
It had nothing to do with the earthquake mind, I'm 93 and it happens all the time!

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 2080 viewsjedijack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 14:38 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

Was out the kitchen and i thought someone was kicking my front door in.

I thought the same and went outside for a look. Was proper confused until the guys in work said they'd felt it in Caerphilly.
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:27 - Feb 17 with 2077 viewswestside

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/britain-hit-by-earthquake-as-people-report-
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:36 - Feb 17 with 2057 viewsPhil_S

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:49 - Feb 17 with 2029 viewsjack2jack

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:54 - Feb 17 with 2017 viewsJimmyGilligan

I felt something around about the same time as OP, in Cwmbwrla. Like as if something really heavy in a different room had dropped onto the floor. Didn't even consider it was an earthquake. First time that has happened!
Earthquake In Skewen ? on 21:20 - Feb 17 with 1968 viewsBrynCartwright

Didn't feel a thing in the Bont, but after watching the Swans game and 3 pints of Double Dragon in the Wheat Sheaf any tremble would probably have been automatically slotted into the "i'm a bit pissed" category.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 1740 viewsEbo

Earthquake In Skewen ? on 15:07 - Feb 17 by jackportis

is There a Red Cross appeal yet? I have blankets and a few jumpers to donate.

Oxfam have opened a refugee centre at Studio 95

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024