Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good read 18:03 - Feb 17 with 1496 viewsPacemaker

Just finished M by Henry Hemming. The story of Maxwell Knight the first M of MI 5 a great read about a real character of his time. Highly recommended

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

A good read on 18:10 - Feb 17 with 1488 viewsLohengrin

There’s a lot more to come out about the relationship between Knight and William Joyce. I’ve made something like eight separate requests to view files over the years and been denied and told they were either lost or sealed on each occasion.

I was toying with the idea of reforming K Section if you’re interested.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A good read on 18:25 - Feb 17 with 1458 viewsPacemaker

A good read on 18:10 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

There’s a lot more to come out about the relationship between Knight and William Joyce. I’ve made something like eight separate requests to view files over the years and been denied and told they were either lost or sealed on each occasion.

I was toying with the idea of reforming K Section if you’re interested.

Ha Ha I thought you would have an insight. I am sure that he deliberately kept a lot of his life very private, I have no doubt that he held Joyce up as an idol and loved him at some level at one point but I am not sure that it carried on.

Knight had Welsh connections through the family estate at Thygeston House in Bridgend. A real eccentric he would have fitted in here with his love of animals and Jazz.

A good read on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 1442 viewsLohengrin

A good read on 18:25 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

Ha Ha I thought you would have an insight. I am sure that he deliberately kept a lot of his life very private, I have no doubt that he held Joyce up as an idol and loved him at some level at one point but I am not sure that it carried on.

Knight had Welsh connections through the family estate at Thygeston House in Bridgend. A real eccentric he would have fitted in here with his love of animals and Jazz.

It was his wealthy Uncle’s estate. The old boy cut off M because he thought he was a waster in his early ‘20s who would never amount to anything. There’s a lesson there about rushing to judgement!

A good read on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 1438 viewsexiledclaseboy

We should have a PS field trip to the National Archives at Kew. Think of the fun we could have.

Poll: Tory leader

A good read on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 1426 viewsPacemaker

A good read on 18:34 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

We should have a PS field trip to the National Archives at Kew. Think of the fun we could have.

As long as we take both the Right wing and Left wing conspiracy theorists to balance things

A good read on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 1425 viewsexiledclaseboy

A good read on 18:37 - Feb 17 by Pacemaker

As long as we take both the Right wing and Left wing conspiracy theorists to balance things

No fun if we didn’t.

A good read on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 1421 viewsLohengrin

A good read on 18:34 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Scoff all you want, I’ve spent countless hours in there and it’s what I’d imagine Heaven is like.

A good read on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 1417 viewsexiledclaseboy

A good read on 18:39 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

Scoff all you want, I’ve spent countless hours in there and it’s what I’d imagine Heaven is like.

I wasn’t actually scoffing, I’d imagine it’s a fascinating place to spend time in. The CEO of the place I work in used to be the Keeper of the Archives.

Login to get fewer ads

A good read on 18:44 - Feb 17 with 1405 viewsPacemaker

A good read on 18:39 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

I have been there a few times and the Glamorgan archives doing some family tree stuff.

A good read on 18:46 - Feb 17 with 1400 viewsLohengrin

A good read on 18:41 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I wasn’t actually scoffing, I’d imagine it’s a fascinating place to spend time in. The CEO of the place I work in used to be the Keeper of the Archives.

What would you want to research?

A good read on 18:52 - Feb 17 with 1389 viewsexiledclaseboy

A good read on 18:46 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

What would you want to research?

I almost scabbed a work trip up there recently to look at some files from the late 70s/early 80s relating to something I’m currently working on but it didn’t come off, so far anyway. Given the wealth of stuff in the Archives I’d imagine someone could go in there and never emerge. You’d have to go with a specific purpose though obviously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024