Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? 21:05 - Feb 17 with 3103 viewssainthelens

Swans are 40/1 to win fa cup....but that means we're also 20/1 just to get there. Half the odds place 1-2. 20/1 seems massive to me.....lump on chaps.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:00 - Feb 18 with 2854 viewsdameedna

Tempting.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:09 - Feb 18 with 2837 viewsSPboy

Not surprised or insulted ...

Powder puff attacking force.
Failed to beat Sheff Weds reserves, replay to beat Wolves reserves
Notts Co away (say no more)
Squad with no depth
Need to concentrate on the league
Probably get Spurs in next round
Poor history in FA cup
Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Spurs all going for it

I could go on but you should be able to see this for yourself. We just ain’t good enough, not even on a good day
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:12 - Feb 18 with 2832 viewssainthelens

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:09 - Feb 18 by SPboy

Not surprised or insulted ...

Powder puff attacking force.
Failed to beat Sheff Weds reserves, replay to beat Wolves reserves
Notts Co away (say no more)
Squad with no depth
Need to concentrate on the league
Probably get Spurs in next round
Poor history in FA cup
Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Spurs all going for it

I could go on but you should be able to see this for yourself. We just ain’t good enough, not even on a good day

Not good enough to beat Liverpool/Arsenal recently?..... Yeah ok, get your point.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:59 - Feb 18 with 2779 views34dfgdf54

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:12 - Feb 18 by sainthelens

Not good enough to beat Liverpool/Arsenal recently?..... Yeah ok, get your point.

I think people are going a bit overboard with those results, yes they were great achievements but the league table doesn’t lie. The league table doesn’t lie, and we have scored the least amount of goals in the league (I assume we still hold that record).

Watching yesterday made me think losing Fer could hurt us more than anyone could have anticipated. Little bite in midfield with Carroll, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting XI in my opinion, hoping Sanches will be back soon and we can see an Ayew style resurgence from him.

Andre Ayew to come straight into the line up alongside Jordan for the Brighton game aswell I reckon, Tammy hasn’t got it and CC knows that.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 11:50 - Feb 18 with 2734 viewsSPboy

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:12 - Feb 18 by sainthelens

You lump on if you think we can win it. I would’nt bet your house on it though. If you can’t see why bookmakers see us as 40-1 outsiders you really should open your other eye
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 12:01 - Feb 18 with 2708 viewsJacktheCork

The odds are set by those willing to take a gamble...
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 2555 viewssainthelens

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 11:50 - Feb 18 by SPboy

You lump on if you think we can win it. I would’nt bet your house on it though. If you can’t see why bookmakers see us as 40-1 outsiders you really should open your other eye

As they are offering 20/1 just to get to the final, be quids in without winning clever cvnt.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 17:36 - Feb 18 with 2540 viewsTheResurrection

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 10:59 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

I think people are going a bit overboard with those results, yes they were great achievements but the league table doesn’t lie. The league table doesn’t lie, and we have scored the least amount of goals in the league (I assume we still hold that record).

Watching yesterday made me think losing Fer could hurt us more than anyone could have anticipated. Little bite in midfield with Carroll, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting XI in my opinion, hoping Sanches will be back soon and we can see an Ayew style resurgence from him.

Andre Ayew to come straight into the line up alongside Jordan for the Brighton game aswell I reckon, Tammy hasn’t got it and CC knows that.

What?

The table doesn't lie, you're right, and since Carlos came in we'd be second or third?

Also without Carroll in the last two games we'd be 3 points worse off. He completely changed us for the better when Fer went off against Leicester and that skill on the touchline to keep it in and spring another attack against Burnley was superb

Yesterday was more than fine. Second half we dominated and played some nice stuff with our stiffs. It's a one off cup tie, nobody should be getting their knickers in a twist because of it

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 19:56 - Feb 18 with 2435 viewsE20Jack

20-1 to get to the final isnt very good value at all. Price it up yourself.

Probably 5/6 to beat Sheff Wed.
Then 5/2 to beat Spurs

Then in all likelihood will face either Man City, Man United or Chelsea. Lets say we are an average of 6-1 to win against those sides.

If you were to do an accumulator with three selections with odds of 5/6, 5/2 and 6/1 then you are looking at 44-1, that is just to make the final.

You would be far better off backing singles every match on the exchange for us to win/qualify and rolling it over.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:04 - Feb 18 with 2419 viewssainthelens

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 19:56 - Feb 18 by E20Jack

20-1 to get to the final isnt very good value at all. Price it up yourself.

Probably 5/6 to beat Sheff Wed.
Then 5/2 to beat Spurs

Then in all likelihood will face either Man City, Man United or Chelsea. Lets say we are an average of 6-1 to win against those sides.

If you were to do an accumulator with three selections with odds of 5/6, 5/2 and 6/1 then you are looking at 44-1, that is just to make the final.

You would be far better off backing singles every match on the exchange for us to win/qualify and rolling it over.

See your point, or we could get Leicester in the semis. And I don't think we'd be as big as 6/1 against the others.... maybe in 90 minutes, but not to qualify. Fair way to go granted, just that price did grab me.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:18 - Feb 18 with 2405 views34dfgdf54

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 17:36 - Feb 18 by TheResurrection

What?

The table doesn't lie, you're right, and since Carlos came in we'd be second or third?

Also without Carroll in the last two games we'd be 3 points worse off. He completely changed us for the better when Fer went off against Leicester and that skill on the touchline to keep it in and spring another attack against Burnley was superb

Yesterday was more than fine. Second half we dominated and played some nice stuff with our stiffs. It's a one off cup tie, nobody should be getting their knickers in a twist because of it

Our form is fine, and Carlos has done a fantastic job, but even with that we are one bad result away from being under water and with injuries to Bony, Fer and now maybe Mawson going into a group of six pointers could take its toll.

Don’t disagree with what you’re saying about Carroll, did well against Leicester and will rightly take plaudits for his part in the winner against Burnley, but on the whole this year he has been woeful, poor in the tackle and slow in possession. It worries me we are relying on him going into away games at Brighton, Huddersfield and United in 3 of the next 4.

Not bothered about the performance yesterday, solid enough at the back, played it around a bit, but it was always going to be a struggle creating much without Jordan Ayew who looks one of the few players in the squad who can consistently unlock defences.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 20:20]
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 2386 viewsPhil_S

The advantage of the "big four" still being in could be their continued involvement in the Champions League.

Had a feeling since we beat Wolves that we could well be on the start of something special, felt the same after we won the first game of the COC run in 2012/3

So glad I booked to go on holiday on May 20 and not May 19. Just in case like...
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:36 - Feb 18 with 2372 viewsE20Jack

Fair point. Cant be bothered to look but i wonder if any of the rounds are close to CL matches. If so, then that could certainly make things interesting.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:40 - Feb 18 with 2357 viewsPhil_S

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 20:36 - Feb 18 by E20Jack

Fair point. Cant be bothered to look but i wonder if any of the rounds are close to CL matches. If so, then that could certainly make things interesting.

The semi finals are the weekend before the first leg of the semi finals

Man Utd and Chelsea both play their second legs of the last 16 on the Wednesday before the quarter finals.
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 22:19 - Feb 19 with 2102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With Man City out we suddenly have a great chance of actually winning this. If we overcome Wednesday Spurs are a real bogey team but we are due turning them over.
From there on in anything could happen .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 23:55 - Feb 19 with 2023 viewswhiterock

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 22:19 - Feb 19 by Brynmill_Jack

With Man City out we suddenly have a great chance of actually winning this. If we overcome Wednesday Spurs are a real bogey team but we are due turning them over.
From there on in anything could happen .

Spurs, like us have a replay to negotiate
Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 06:07 - Feb 20 with 1957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone find these odds bit insulting/ tempting? on 23:55 - Feb 19 by whiterock

Spurs, like us have a replay to negotiate

I meant to include that. No disrespect to either Wednesday or Rochdale

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024