Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those female commentators on BBC MOTD 23:28 - Feb 17 with 14759 viewsAndy1300

Why?
they are awful to listen to.
2 of them tonight

and no, I am not sexist
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 8:47]

Number 1 team in Wales

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:22 - Feb 18 with 1853 viewsSoberBaker

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:17 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’m being what I am.

Well done..

Well done you!

AMOW

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:28 - Feb 18 with 1831 viewsCroftyjack

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:17 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’m being what I am.

a person with no view on anything other than both views..bit sad.

Just like the person that feels sorry for a person that's been murdered but equally sad for the person that's done it as they may have had a bad up bringing.
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:30 - Feb 18 with 1827 viewsCroftyjack

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:21 - Feb 18 by DJack

You either almost never read these boards or you are lying. Go on, please elucidate.

I always read the boards don't have a clue what any of you do and frankly not interested other than the fact we all support the swans!!
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:32 - Feb 18 with 1828 viewsDJack

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:30 - Feb 18 by Croftyjack

I always read the boards don't have a clue what any of you do and frankly not interested other than the fact we all support the swans!!

But you still go and have a dig! Have a nice night.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 00:47 - Feb 18 with 1801 viewsItchySphincter

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 23:30 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

You’re not sexist. You just don’t think women should be commentating on football. A perfectly respectable position.

The one on the Leicester game was terrible though, wasn't she?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 07:41 - Feb 18 with 1739 viewshobo

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 23:44 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

If they were men you wouldn’t have started a thread entitled “Those male commentators on BBC MOTD” amd then started your post with the word “why?”

Idiot.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 23:45]

There are good men commentators. I am yet to hear decent female football commentator, as I'm sure most agree. So the OP's blanket criticism of MOTDS female commentary was correct
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 07:54 - Feb 18 with 1732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You’re not sexist. You just don’t think women should be commentating on football. A perfectly respectable position.

No he isn't "Mr Millie - Rant". He said "Thse women" . Not every woman. And he's bloody right !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 07:56 - Feb 18 with 1728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 23:56 - Feb 17 by SoberBaker

Give over FFS.

Women commentating on football is wrong.

Fin.

You are arguing for the sake of it aren't you 😂

He's a Brown/Blair infiltrator.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 08:22 - Feb 18 with 1698 viewskarnataka

Well I thought it made a refreshing change from all the usual tossers we get commentating. One of them was clearly better than the other though and I'd take her over all the many poorer male commentators every time and maybe even the other one too.

Reading threads like this and the ones about what a nomark like Lawro thinks, I always feel it's a bit sad that some people actually have time & space in their lives to get irked by such unimportant trivia and I'm so glad I don't.

Just out of interest though, I was wondering if those that didn't like the female commentators prefer bands with male vocalists? Out of the 7 bands I always go to see whenever the opportunity arises, 6 have female vocalists. May be something in that?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 8:28]
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 08:29 - Feb 18 with 1687 viewsnantywatcher

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 08:22 - Feb 18 by karnataka

Well I thought it made a refreshing change from all the usual tossers we get commentating. One of them was clearly better than the other though and I'd take her over all the many poorer male commentators every time and maybe even the other one too.

Reading threads like this and the ones about what a nomark like Lawro thinks, I always feel it's a bit sad that some people actually have time & space in their lives to get irked by such unimportant trivia and I'm so glad I don't.

Just out of interest though, I was wondering if those that didn't like the female commentators prefer bands with male vocalists? Out of the 7 bands I always go to see whenever the opportunity arises, 6 have female vocalists. May be something in that?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 8:28]

I thought the BT commentator guy was dire for the Sheffield Wednesday game - when he managed to bring Stanley Matthew's name into the commentary I lost the will to live.
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 08:40 - Feb 18 with 1661 viewsShonky

Sue Smith - worse than Jason Perry, and that's some achievement.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 8:44]

Its just a ride...

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:36 - Feb 18 with 1590 viewsjacabertawe

There are two commentators whose voices get on my nerves, one male and one female. The former's voice rises to a screech when excited and the latter has a "jolly hockey sticks" voice. I don't recall their names.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 1589 viewsWarwickHunt

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 08:40 - Feb 18 by Shonky

Sue Smith - worse than Jason Perry, and that's some achievement.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 8:44]

Was that the Leicester one? My ears were bleeding.
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:39 - Feb 18 with 1587 viewsjohnlangy

It's not a question of not wanting women commentating on football.

Personally I want someone who can do the job well. A strong, loud voice is needed. Women don't have strong, loud voices.
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:51 - Feb 18 with 1572 viewsWarwickHunt

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:39 - Feb 18 by johnlangy

It's not a question of not wanting women commentating on football.

Personally I want someone who can do the job well. A strong, loud voice is needed. Women don't have strong, loud voices.

You could always turn the volume up.

A modicum of football knowledge and the ability to refrain from perpetual hysteria/arse dribble would seem obvious prerequisites. Male or female.
Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:56 - Feb 18 with 1558 viewsMoscowJack

One of the two female commentators does annoy me. It's as if she's a comedienne trying to take the p!ss out of a male commentator by copying his voice and being more 'laddish'. Her fake attempts to add drama when a cross comes in or something of any value happens, is probably the worst part.

The other commentator's not as bad as some of the BBC Wales male commentators, so there's at least that.

I never really notice is it's a woman or man commentating but the one I first one I mentioned stands out like a very sore thumb!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 1557 viewszedlep

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:51 - Feb 18 by WarwickHunt

A modicum of football knowledge and the ability to refrain from perpetual hysteria/arse dribble would seem obvious prerequisites. Male or female.

What did they look like?

Zedzdead

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 1557 viewsmonmouth

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:51 - Feb 18 by WarwickHunt

This.

And never ever have two people, especially if one is Owen or a Neville or some other brainless tedious Scouse/manc dickhead.

Barry Davies or bill mclaren is the template. In fact, just bring back Bazza.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 1541 viewsperchrockjack

Crofty.

You say we. Support the same club but we have posters ...moderators no less,clearly seeing anyone who leaves Swansea as clearly leaving their club behind in the process.

We are so utterly divided it ain't true.

and that s a fact

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:03 - Feb 18 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:58 - Feb 18 by perchrockjack

Crofty.

You say we. Support the same club but we have posters ...moderators no less,clearly seeing anyone who leaves Swansea as clearly leaving their club behind in the process.

We are so utterly divided it ain't true.

and that s a fact

Not anyone. Just those who move away and then proceed to spend their every waking minute slagging both the club and the city off whilst throwing tantrums every time someone responds in kind about their adopted home.

But then, you've never been able to grasp that. Denser than a neutron star Richard.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:10 - Feb 18 with 1521 viewssainthelens

It's the BBC chaps, they are a fckn liability. Won't be long before they introduce the first transgender commentator !!
Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:27 - Feb 18 with 1495 viewsShonky

Thse female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:37 - Feb 18 by WarwickHunt

Was that the Leicester one? My ears were bleeding.

She does Final Score sometimes. She's like a random football cliché generator from Wigan or somewhere. Think Dion Dublin with a head injury.

Its just a ride...

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:28 - Feb 18 with 1485 viewsperchrockjack

Mornings Jamie

seems you really are incapable of any self reflection.

This is a thread on what?

Now look at your post and ask yourself questions. Do it in private ,son. .

Maybe not.

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 1473 viewsItchySphincter

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 09:56 - Feb 18 by MoscowJack

One of the two female commentators does annoy me. It's as if she's a comedienne trying to take the p!ss out of a male commentator by copying his voice and being more 'laddish'. Her fake attempts to add drama when a cross comes in or something of any value happens, is probably the worst part.

The other commentator's not as bad as some of the BBC Wales male commentators, so there's at least that.

I never really notice is it's a woman or man commentating but the one I first one I mentioned stands out like a very sore thumb!

She did the Leicester game in her pretend masculine mockney accent. I didn't actually notice the other bird so you might be on to something.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Those female commentators on BBC MOTD on 10:41 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewsperchrockjack

Shame Kenneth Wolstenholme is no longer around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024