Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laptop repairers 19:20 - Feb 18 with 7006 viewsmax936

any on here, before I launch this piece of Toshiba shit, one of the hinges has broken again for the umpteenth time, it went back to Toshiba twice for the same thing and its gone yet again, but its now out of warranty.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Laptop repairers on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 3953 viewsItchySphincter

Hello Tosh, Gotta Toshiba

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laptop repairers on 19:29 - Feb 18 with 3939 viewsPhil_S

These guys are supposed to be good

http://mpcomp.co.uk
Laptop repairers on 19:31 - Feb 18 with 3936 views3swan

How far out of warranty?

If it's been fixed twice and gone again maybe try the "not fit for purpose"

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last/#.WonTr0DFKUk

If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect.
Laptop repairers on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 3914 viewsJack123

If it's still giving you grief, run it through this guy, knows his stuff, and as honest as the day is long. http://www.summervalleypcs.co.uk/

libera nos a malo

Laptop repairers on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 3914 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 19:31 - Feb 18 by 3swan

How far out of warranty?

If it's been fixed twice and gone again maybe try the "not fit for purpose"

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last/#.WonTr0DFKUk

If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect.

to be honest I'm not sure how long I've had it, but the hinge broke twice within months of each the last time it went back it was in a hell of a mess, I'll look it up Thanks.

Laptop repairers on 19:41 - Feb 18 with 3911 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 19:29 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Cheers, think I'll get back in touch with Toshiba maybe worth trying to go down the route Clive has suggested.

Laptop repairers on 19:47 - Feb 18 with 3894 viewsEbo

Avoid the one in the market (I am not going to mention their name) but they supposed to have repaired Mrs Ebo's MacBook air yet it's back to square one. They tell you later that their repairs don't come with any warranty. oh and they want £40 just for diagnostics. We have contacted trading standards.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Laptop repairers on 19:48 - Feb 18 with 3893 viewsjack2jack

Laptop repairers on 19:41 - Feb 18 by max936

Cheers, think I'll get back in touch with Toshiba maybe worth trying to go down the route Clive has suggested.

If their last repair wasn't up to scratch and has failed, your entitled to make them fix it properly as this work will be guaranteed, if it's their workmanship or part that is faulty, ring em and give em sh!t, would be my answer FWIW.👍
Login to get fewer ads

Laptop repairers on 20:00 - Feb 18 with 3867 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 19:48 - Feb 18 by jack2jack

If their last repair wasn't up to scratch and has failed, your entitled to make them fix it properly as this work will be guaranteed, if it's their workmanship or part that is faulty, ring em and give em sh!t, would be my answer FWIW.👍

Each time they've repaired it its been fine then starts to fall apart with the small screws that holds the bottom cover in place start falling out, they must have had loads of these back I can be a bit heavy handed but even treating this thing with kid gloves it still falls apart, I just want shot of it ideally, I suppose you get what you pay for and at 350 quid its not a great deal of money for a laptop.
MacBook is my next Laptop its for the best I reckon.

Laptop repairers on 20:04 - Feb 18 with 3853 viewsjack2jack

Laptop repairers on 20:00 - Feb 18 by max936

Each time they've repaired it its been fine then starts to fall apart with the small screws that holds the bottom cover in place start falling out, they must have had loads of these back I can be a bit heavy handed but even treating this thing with kid gloves it still falls apart, I just want shot of it ideally, I suppose you get what you pay for and at 350 quid its not a great deal of money for a laptop.

The missus has Toshiba Satellite, touch wood it's been ok, and it's getting on a bit now too, only gripe really is that the battery life is a bit sh!t.Think well go for something different too next time tbh.
Laptop repairers on 20:05 - Feb 18 with 3851 viewsEbo

Max, if you use it just for browsing, watching movies/football etc.. have you considered a Chromebook? You can pick one up for around £200

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Laptop repairers on 20:10 - Feb 18 with 3844 viewsJackfath

Don't get a Mac, get one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y5R8HWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Laptop repairers on 21:08 - Feb 18 with 3779 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 20:05 - Feb 18 by Ebo

Max, if you use it just for browsing, watching movies/football etc.. have you considered a Chromebook? You can pick one up for around £200

I haven't no I've got a 15" screen which suits me, so I'd be looking to stay around that size, I don't know the Chromebook at all but its worth a look, My lad uses Apple products and swears by them, so that's convinced me, that said I've an IPhone and I much prefer the Samsung I had of which my Wife uses it now, so not sure I'd go down the Apple route next time I'm looking for a phone, so I'd look at alternative Laptops etc.

Laptop repairers on 22:19 - Feb 18 with 3732 viewsoldcob

Don't they guarantee their repairs?
Laptop repairers on 22:49 - Feb 18 with 3702 viewsPacemaker

Laptop repairers on 19:29 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Used MP Computers loads of time very honest guys and very good customer service. Right on J40 M4.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Laptop repairers on 23:20 - Feb 18 with 3671 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 22:49 - Feb 18 by Pacemaker

Used MP Computers loads of time very honest guys and very good customer service. Right on J40 M4.

In Tiabach tidy shop been there before for somin, they had to oprder parts for me, can't remember what they were now though.

Laptop repairers on 23:36 - Feb 18 with 3660 viewsjack_lord

Laptop repairers on 23:20 - Feb 18 by max936

In Tiabach tidy shop been there before for somin, they had to oprder parts for me, can't remember what they were now though.

If I had the time I'd do it for free Steve but running around like a BAF at the moment. As others have mentioned, fir for purpose and work guaranteed. They have a social media site and start hassling them. I'd love to know what people are quoting for such repairs and how much Toshiba charge for a hinge.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Laptop repairers on 16:08 - Feb 20 with 3436 viewsmax936

Groupon have refurbished Macbooks on their webpage, anyone bought from there?

Laptop repairers on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 3423 viewsJackfath

Laptop repairers on 20:10 - Feb 18 by Jackfath

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y5R8HWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=

Good advice.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Laptop repairers on 16:27 - Feb 20 with 3419 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 16:21 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

Good advice.

Expensive that JF nearly 700 notes.

Laptop repairers on 16:30 - Feb 20 with 3414 viewsJackfath

Laptop repairers on 16:27 - Feb 20 by max936

Expensive that JF nearly 700 notes.

How much is a Macbook?

Laptop repairers on 16:48 - Feb 20 with 3399 viewsmax936

Laptop repairers on 16:30 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

How much is a Macbook?

500 ish refurbished.

Laptop repairers on 16:51 - Feb 20 with 3394 viewsmax936

Who the fuk is Fracking jack and why the fuk as he down arrowed me for this post, at least furnish a reply first

Laptop repairers on 17:25 - Feb 20 with 3376 viewsswanforthemoney

Laptop repairers on 20:10 - Feb 18 by Jackfath

Get a Mac.

Or for repairs go tO Swan CD on Tycoch square opposite the new flats. They've done repairs for me and friends over the years and I've never been disappointed.

I stand in the North Stand

Laptop repairers on 17:28 - Feb 20 with 3369 viewsFlashberryjack

Laptop repairers on 16:51 - Feb 20 by max936

Who the fuk is Fracking jack and why the fuk as he down arrowed me for this post, at least furnish a reply first

I believe he works in the Toshiba repair shop.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024