Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough 22:17 - Feb 18 with 5321 viewsMorganator100

What I found surreal yesterday was looking down from the middle tier and looking down at the lower tier of the Leppings Lane end and thinking of those 96 Liverpool fans who lost their lives attending an FA Cup tie.

Never realised until this morning that a person had died at the game. Terrible news.

The stadium, bar seating hasn't really changed and is still a dive of a stadium. Strange that they sold tickets but you could sit wherever you wanted. The service at half time was amateur at best and the free pie was one of the worst I'd tasted (£.50 to buy as well).

Hillsborough on 22:34 - Feb 18 with 5253 viewsSwanski

The stadium is a dinosaur alright. Everything about it was old and run down but as you say the thought of what happened back in 1989 was always on my mind during the entire game.
The stadium had a sombre feel, maybe the aftermath of that terrible day and that will never leave the place.
Hillsborough on 22:39 - Feb 18 with 5214 viewsjack2jack

If my memory serves me right the pictures were on Grandstand or World of Sport on the day, I remember sitting there watching it unfold, truley shocking images I'll never forget.
Hillsborough on 22:41 - Feb 18 with 5204 viewsJack_Kass

You never really hear the Forest fans perspective of that day.

To watch that unfold from afar, and to know it could easily have been yourselves.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Hillsborough on 22:45 - Feb 18 with 5181 viewsMorganator100

Hillsborough on 22:34 - Feb 18 by Swanski

The stadium is a dinosaur alright. Everything about it was old and run down but as you say the thought of what happened back in 1989 was always on my mind during the entire game.
The stadium had a sombre feel, maybe the aftermath of that terrible day and that will never leave the place.

I thought the same, had a really sombre feel.
Hillsborough on 00:08 - Feb 19 with 5015 viewssquarebear

I remember going there in January 1986 (Wednesday 2 Oxford 1) and thinking “Christ, this is bleak”. I reckon it must be something to do with the weather/the light in South Yorkshire around this time of year.
Hillsborough on 00:43 - Feb 19 with 4979 viewsairedale

It’s Monday tomorrow, a new week! Something to look forward to, yippee!
Hillsborough on 01:04 - Feb 19 with 4959 viewsEbo

Went there when we drew 0-0 a few years ago, we were seated in the lower section of the Leppings Lane end. It does cross your mind, especially where we were sitting and that tunnel leading into it is still there as well.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Hillsborough on 08:42 - Feb 19 with 4652 viewsbluenile

Hillsborough on 00:43 - Feb 19 by airedale

It’s Monday tomorrow, a new week! Something to look forward to, yippee!

Strange post. . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024