Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Memphis Three 07:33 - Feb 19 with 8553 viewsBobby_Fischer

What a f*cked up place America is.

The state of Arkansas has to be where they keep the dumbest of the dumb? Genuinely thought it was a comedy at one point.

Its like the Christian version of ISIS.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 7:54]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

West Memphis Three on 12:32 - Feb 19 with 6543 viewsShonky

I take it you are referring to the film 'West of Memphis' ? Saw it a few years back. I had to watch it again after it finished just make sure I hadn't imagined it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Memphis

They talked a little about the case in the 'Life on Death Row' series that's on i-player.

Its just a ride...

West Memphis Three on 05:57 - Feb 20 with 6354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Memphis Three on 12:32 - Feb 19 by Shonky

I take it you are referring to the film 'West of Memphis' ? Saw it a few years back. I had to watch it again after it finished just make sure I hadn't imagined it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_of_Memphis

They talked a little about the case in the 'Life on Death Row' series that's on i-player.

There's nothing dumb about it. I haven't seen the film but would I be right on guessing the 3 arrested kids were black?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Memphis Three on 07:17 - Feb 20 with 6332 viewsLohengrin

West Memphis Three on 05:57 - Feb 20 by Brynmill_Jack

There's nothing dumb about it. I haven't seen the film but would I be right on guessing the 3 arrested kids were black?

White working class. It’s no surprise you won’t know any of the details, Bryn.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

West Memphis Three on 07:23 - Feb 20 with 6324 viewsMo_Wives

West Memphis Three on 07:17 - Feb 20 by Lohengrin

White working class. It’s no surprise you won’t know any of the details, Bryn.

Back of the net.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

West Memphis Three on 07:30 - Feb 20 with 6320 viewsstAteSwan

West Memphis Three on 05:57 - Feb 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Lived in West Memphis for a few years. You've got the case wrong. The three arrested were White, Middle to Upper Class kids. The Murders themselves were absolutely gruesome. The kids were tortured before death, which is what gave the case so much worldwide attention.

The case was botched from the beginning. West Memphis is a town of maybe 20,000 people that lives in the shadow of Memphis across the river. The town was not used to a spotlight like the murders provided and the prosecution quickly worked for an arrest. There are a lot of stories about police pressuring witnesses to change statements to make it appear the three arrested were guilty, and prosecutors accused the three of Satanism. The city put a ton of pressure on police to close the case quickly to get the media out of town.

About 20 years later, DNA evidence led to a new trial being ordered. To save embarrassment of a potential not guilty verdict, the prosecution worked a plea deal in which the three entered Alford Pleas, proclaiming their innocence, but acknowledging that there was enough evidence to convict. They were sentenced to time served and released.

To this day, no one knows whether the three are actually guilty, or if innocent men spent 20 years in jail for a crime they didn't commit. To be honest, the City of West Memphis doesn't want to know.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 7:32]
West Memphis Three on 07:37 - Feb 20 with 6304 viewsAguycalledJack

One of the 3 is the brother of Johnny depp.
West Memphis Three on 07:39 - Feb 20 with 6303 viewsstAteSwan

And as to the Original Poster's claim.

1. Yes, America is pretty messed up.

Yes, there are some strange people in Arkansas. The State has a population of 2 million, and is very rural. You run into a lot of towns of a few hundred people where the greatest source of income for the town itself is traffic citations. The KKK was founded and is still headquartered in a small town in the Northwestern Part of the State. The state itself is mostly low income, race still plays a significant role, especially in more rural areas, and about 70 percent of the population would love to have Donald Trump's babies

All of that said. There are some good people here. There are parts of the state that are absolutely beautiful, and nice places to live. We just get overshadowed by everyone else. (Though we all glowingly admit that we are Next to last in the US in education. Mississippi has the honor of the last place spot)
West Memphis Three on 08:13 - Feb 20 with 6261 viewsBobby_Fischer

West Memphis Three on 07:30 - Feb 20 by stAteSwan

Lived in West Memphis for a few years. You've got the case wrong. The three arrested were White, Middle to Upper Class kids. The Murders themselves were absolutely gruesome. The kids were tortured before death, which is what gave the case so much worldwide attention.

The case was botched from the beginning. West Memphis is a town of maybe 20,000 people that lives in the shadow of Memphis across the river. The town was not used to a spotlight like the murders provided and the prosecution quickly worked for an arrest. There are a lot of stories about police pressuring witnesses to change statements to make it appear the three arrested were guilty, and prosecutors accused the three of Satanism. The city put a ton of pressure on police to close the case quickly to get the media out of town.

About 20 years later, DNA evidence led to a new trial being ordered. To save embarrassment of a potential not guilty verdict, the prosecution worked a plea deal in which the three entered Alford Pleas, proclaiming their innocence, but acknowledging that there was enough evidence to convict. They were sentenced to time served and released.

To this day, no one knows whether the three are actually guilty, or if innocent men spent 20 years in jail for a crime they didn't commit. To be honest, the City of West Memphis doesn't want to know.

Summed up my thoughts there, although theres a new theory that they weren't mutilated and they were bitten by turtles in the river?

Have you seen those "alligator" turtle things? Jesus!

Login to get fewer ads

West Memphis Three on 08:24 - Feb 20 with 6243 viewsstAteSwan

West Memphis Three on 08:13 - Feb 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Summed up my thoughts there, although theres a new theory that they weren't mutilated and they were bitten by turtles in the river?

Have you seen those "alligator" turtle things? Jesus!

Very possible, Alligator Snapping Turtles are absolutely nasty. Stick a finger anywhere near their mouth and you can pretty much just assume you won't get it back.

Of course, I've also come way too close to actual alligators, and I'd gladly wade through a river of snapping turtles than come face to face with an alligator. Provided I can bring Dele Alli along as a human shield.
West Memphis Three on 08:30 - Feb 20 with 6236 viewsBobby_Fischer

West Memphis Three on 08:24 - Feb 20 by stAteSwan

Very possible, Alligator Snapping Turtles are absolutely nasty. Stick a finger anywhere near their mouth and you can pretty much just assume you won't get it back.

Of course, I've also come way too close to actual alligators, and I'd gladly wade through a river of snapping turtles than come face to face with an alligator. Provided I can bring Dele Alli along as a human shield.

I got chased by a cow down Three Cliffs Bay last year, so its not all beer and skittles over here either :)

West Memphis Three on 09:56 - Feb 20 with 6194 viewsBenJ94

West Memphis Three on 08:30 - Feb 20 by Bobby_Fischer

I got chased by a cow down Three Cliffs Bay last year, so its not all beer and skittles over here either :)

Some of them swans down singleton are little pricks aswell
West Memphis Three on 10:06 - Feb 20 with 6167 viewsperchrockjack

So there y are then ,Bryn.

You can't blame daily mail either

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

West Memphis Three on 15:42 - Feb 20 with 6086 viewsShonky

Just watch the film. Its blatantly obvious who actually did it.

https://ffilms.org/west-of-memphis-2012/

(Made by Peter Jackson who got involved after he saw the first documentary and was so insensed.)
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 16:04]

Its just a ride...

West Memphis Three on 15:47 - Feb 20 with 6080 viewsShonky

No one, who has followed this case closely, could possibly believe those boys are/were guilty.
There are 4 films in total. The 4th is a summary.(Its the one linked above)
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 15:55]

Its just a ride...

West Memphis Three on 16:43 - Feb 20 with 6033 viewsstAteSwan

West Memphis Three on 08:30 - Feb 20 by Bobby_Fischer

I've heard Welsh Cows can be very ornery.
West Memphis Three on 16:44 - Feb 20 with 6031 viewsLohengrin

West Memphis Three on 16:43 - Feb 20 by stAteSwan

I've heard Welsh Cows can be very ornery.

The one I married is...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

West Memphis Three on 16:44 - Feb 20 with 6029 viewsstAteSwan

West Memphis Three on 15:47 - Feb 20 by Shonky

No one, who has followed this case closely, could possibly believe those boys are/were guilty.
There are 4 films in total. The 4th is a summary.(Its the one linked above)
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 15:55]

There are a lot of people in Arkansas convinced of their guilt. Local media here spent far too long portraying them as horrific monsters to convince opinions to change. Damage is already done.
West Memphis Three on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 6009 viewsShonky

West Memphis Three on 16:44 - Feb 20 by stAteSwan

There are a lot of people in Arkansas convinced of their guilt. Local media here spent far too long portraying them as horrific monsters to convince opinions to change. Damage is already done.

Child murderers dont walk out of prison. I will leave it there.

Its just a ride...

West Memphis Three on 17:27 - Feb 20 with 5998 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

America let school kids get murdered on a quarterly basis
Let that just sink in

School kids shot in school is the normal

What the Fack is going on in the land of the free
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 21:30]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

West Memphis Three on 20:08 - Feb 20 with 5931 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thanks for that. Like I said I hadn't seen the film.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Memphis Three on 01:03 - Feb 21 with 5870 viewsstAteSwan

West Memphis Three on 17:27 - Feb 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

America let school kids get murdered on a quarterly basis
Let that just sink in

School kids shot in school is the normal

What the Fack is going on in the land of the free
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 21:30]

Apparently anyone can purchase a gun over here, no matter how sick they are mentally. But don’t worry, the government tells us they are praying for the families of the victims. They’ve got this under control.
West Memphis Three on 04:00 - Feb 21 with 5839 viewsTummer_from_Texas

West Memphis Three on 01:03 - Feb 21 by stAteSwan

Apparently anyone can purchase a gun over here, no matter how sick they are mentally. But don’t worry, the government tells us they are praying for the families of the victims. They’ve got this under control.

By moving to ban bump stocks, Trump did more today to combat the American mass shooting epidemic than Obama did in 8 years.

Long way to go, but it's a start.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 4:04]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

West Memphis Three on 07:49 - Feb 21 with 5770 viewsMyFinalHeaven

West Memphis Three on 04:00 - Feb 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

By moving to ban bump stocks, Trump did more today to combat the American mass shooting epidemic than Obama did in 8 years.

Jesus Christ, how fvcking stupid are you? How can you say such a thing when Trump signed a bill reversing Obama created background checks on guns for people with mental illnesses?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 7:57]

Come on you Swans.

West Memphis Three on 08:18 - Feb 21 with 5753 viewsDewi1jack

West Memphis Three on 07:49 - Feb 21 by MyFinalHeaven

Jesus Christ, how fvcking stupid are you? How can you say such a thing when Trump signed a bill reversing Obama created background checks on guns for people with mental illnesses?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 7:57]

The American (and Worldwide) firearms manufacturers are onto seriously big money.
The more people they can arm, the more need they can create.
As the saying goes, you don't turn up to a gunfight carrying a knife!

A multi trillion (Worldwide) trade is not going to let many governments off the hook.
Especially when weapons are guaranteed under the start up laws of a country.

Britain took away the weapons off many responsible licensed owners, who'd had medical and criminal checks, after Dunblaine and Hungerford.
We still have shootings and gun crime.
So background checks really don't work

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

West Memphis Three on 10:40 - Feb 21 with 5715 viewsBobby_Fischer

West Memphis Three on 04:00 - Feb 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024