Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Values... this season.. 10:55 - Feb 20 with 1811 viewsSwan91

With all this talk of how the club has wasted so much money on failed transfers.. i want to put a list of players in our current team who are good deals or bargains:

Fabianski - Free transfer- probably one of our best deals in the past few seasons.

Olsson - £4mill.... for so long we have seemed to have a LB problem.. and I would argue that olsson has been one of our best LB's for a long time. that money meant he was a straight swap for Taylor so I think this is one of our good deals.

Van de Hoorn - £2.5 mill - works well in our system now and I think he is PL quality and could be even better for us... so £2.5 mill again a great deal.

Mawson - 5 mill I think... don't think we will ever be able to get a deal for a young english CB ever again. has done well in our side... will benefit the team greatly if he stays or goes(big transfer fee if he goes).

Jordan Ayew - £5mill again I think? I think one of our best players this season and has been vital in our wins to stay out of relagation

honourable mentions:

Ki - bought for 5.5million I believe. inconsistent but I think he has been good enough for me to think that the money was worth it. played out of position alot, was player of the season.. and in this team looks like one of our better players at times with his passing and making space.

Dyer - seems to be having a bit of a comeback under carvahal.. if he keeps it up just adds to his legacy here at the club (pretty sure he has proved the 500k we spent for him has been more than a steal)
Transfer Values... this season.. on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 1798 viewsbluenile

That's a great post. I still think we've wasted too much money on useless or defunct players (well done Jenkins), but there's quite a lot there to provide some much needed balance to the subject.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Transfer Values... this season.. on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 1779 viewsSwan91

Transfer Values... this season.. on 11:00 - Feb 20 by bluenile

That's a great post. I still think we've wasted too much money on useless or defunct players (well done Jenkins), but there's quite a lot there to provide some much needed balance to the subject.

I agree in the past few seasons we have wasted quite a bit of money.. but at the same time.. most PL clubs have probably had a similar experience or worse than us.

Mesa and Sanches - those players.. are tough ones because they looked good on paper, they looked perfect to help improve our squad but both could not adapt to the league that much (well i thought mesa was decent)

Bony... looks a waste.

clucas... seems like he will be a good overall player for us.. but i still think 10mill max.

Borja had 2 good seasons in a decent league and looked promising.. is shocking just how bad the difference was (but also i think he was part of the wrong system for him when he was with us.)

Amat... still a decent player in there.. just needed game time might have done well under carvahal with this 3 in the back.
Transfer Values... this season.. on 13:41 - Feb 20 with 1647 viewswhiterock

Honourable mentions must go to Naughton and Fernandez too, the back six have been impregnable since the turn
Transfer Values... this season.. on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 1621 viewsTheResurrection

Great posts and should shut up the permanent moaners who just do that for the sake of it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024