Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies 12:33 - Feb 21 with 9285 viewsperchrockjack

Some on Hre will be aware my missus had advanced breast cancer three years ago. She s been left with lymphodaemia which is a pain but it's a better option than succumbing to this fookn curse.

Recently ,she found a lump in the same place and we both thought,here we feckn go again.

She s been examined today and it's a benign cyst . I want to shag and sing anyone now.

She was seen by her GP and was at the cancer hospital at Clatterbridge within two weeks. Today she had a mammogram ,untrasound and its sorted . Have to say our NHS here is terrific and we re in a good place for treatment of cancer strikes. I know others areas are less fortunate

Purpose of this post is ,ladies, any doubt whatever ,get checked. Fellas too. I have a good chum in Huddersfield who has advanced prostrate . He s possibly left it too long .

I don't care how many times its repeated . Examine yourself . Each other ,come to a
that.

For those out there with it and undergoing chemo, stay positive and be brave and front it out.

Thanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:02 - Feb 21 with 3678 viewsexiledclaseboy

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:59 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

The waiting for results seems to be the worst part

Good luck

The waiting is torture. Same back to you and Mrs Penc.

Poll: Tory leader

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:06 - Feb 21 with 3669 viewsmonmouth

Good luck to everyone with this shithouse thing. We are so fragile, and don’t realise it, not until the second that everything changes. But we are also stronger, braver and more loved than we ever know. Beat it. You can do it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:27 - Feb 21 with 3634 viewsdickythorpe

4 years after losing my mum I almost lost my dad ......fast forward 5 years and he's counting down the days to the West Ham game I've got tickets for......like a little kid at 76!
The treatment he has had and follow up blood tests and scans have shown he is progressing, he has one more CT scan this year and his oncologist has told him that if that is ok , she'll give him the all clear, which is incredible as those who have seen this bastard attack a love one will testify.
My best wishes to all facing the various battles and challenges this disease throws up. YOU ARE NOT ALONE - KEEP TALKING AND SEEKING OUT ADVICE
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:35 - Feb 21 with 3626 viewsSirjohnalot

Extremely humbling posts on here tonight.

I can only hope that if this terrible disease ever affects me or ones I love, I hopeI can show an ounce of the dignity displayed by the writers on this thread.

Stay strong, you are all heroes.

John
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 21:48]
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 3606 viewsbuilthjack

Excellent news Richie.
Bony, and anyone else, raise those fists and fight the bastard. Win.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 23:15 - Feb 21 with 3554 viewsKerouac

Great news Perch and reminding everyone on here to get themselves and their loved ones checked is a great thing to do.
Good man.

...and stevejack, I'll say it if nobody else will, we know it was just a joke mate.
Jokes are good, at all times, it's how we cope with depressing realities.
Good man too.

...and f*ck those who seek to point score at every opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 06:49 - Feb 22 with 3491 viewsMo_Wives

Glad to hear all is well, Perch.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 09:24 - Feb 22 with 3451 viewsperchrockjack

The waiting indeed,for partners especially is horrendous.

We must find strategies to cope and be strong for our loved ones .

Last weekend ,we were on The Hague and obviously a large clown filled our heads and me and my lad were walking to the ex pat pub to watch the Swans hopefully . He noted I was miles away nd we discussed matters. He reckoned ,quite rightly, it's all very well to say " stay strong" but quite a hothead to do it ..we came up with a balls out song that I liked ...Roll with it. An allegory of life and how it takes us on a wave of uncertainty ,,,,,but you really have gotta roll with it.

anything that you can sing or say to yourself immediately the black thoughts enter your mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 11:22 - Feb 22 with 3416 viewsSirjohnalot

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 09:24 - Feb 22 by perchrockjack

Last weekend ,we were on The Hague and obviously a large clown filled our heads and me and my lad were walking to the ex pat pub to watch the Swans hopefully . He noted I was miles away nd we discussed matters. He reckoned ,quite rightly, it's all very well to say " stay strong" but quite a hothead to do it ..we came up with a balls out song that I liked ...Roll with it. An allegory of life and how it takes us on a wave of uncertainty ,,,,,but you really have gotta roll with it.

anything that you can sing or say to yourself immediately the black thoughts enter your mind.

Absolutely. I hope you took no offence or thought I was belittling your situation. It was certainly not meant
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 11:28 - Feb 22 with 3410 viewsperchrockjack

I didn't ,mate.

No offence taken

Thanks

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 11:30 - Feb 22 with 3410 viewsJack_Meoff

Some very moving posts on this thread. Sincerest best wishes to everyone fighting this horrible, indiscriminate disease. You JB’s.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 11:36 - Feb 22 with 3402 viewswaynekerr55

Keep up the good fight all; lady P, the good LORD and Dickythorpe SENIOR!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:28 - Feb 22 with 3376 viewsperchrockjack

ThaSnks Wyne

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 14:30 - Feb 22 with 3337 viewspencoedjack

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 09:24 - Feb 22 by perchrockjack

'Stay strong' is easy advise to give anyone whose partner is fighting this fuking horrible disease (or any other) ...... In reality very difficult as you feel totally helpless (or at least i did)

My dog must of been fed up with listening to all my thoughts whilst out on endless walks whilst my wife was in hospital.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 15:55 - Feb 22 with 3315 viewsjohnlangy

Great news perch.

Best of luck to you and your wife.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 16:04 - Feb 22 with 3300 viewsperchrockjack

Which was my point.

Ive found myself utterly helpless at times

Chemo ain't pleasant and seeing who is closest to you suffer while you make dinner isn't easy

I hope there s support in your local cancer hospital

I've had further bad news of my Hudds chum ,who I was due to meet ,is in deep doodoo as its spread into bladder .

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 08:59 - Feb 24 with 3184 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 16:35 - Feb 21 by theloneranger

Great news about your colon op.

Good luck for the 2nd March and keep fighting

Immunotherapy is the way forward.

A targeted approach for killing cancer cells and tumours.

Basically,the bodies immune system is retrained to go looking for the bad guys. Cancer is a powerful adversary in that it can mask itself with a protein coating so the white blood cells (the good guys) just ignore it.

It is becoming more precise in research labs,the hope is one day soon it can be used much more effectively in targeting cancer.

It's far better for the bodies own defence systems to eliminate disease than relying on toxic treatments such as chemo which can have some really bad,debilitating side effects.

There are many targeted therapies being worked on atm,just another weapon in the fight against this disease.

Myself personally,I still go to the gym a few times a week and play in a band so not all bad. Feeling pretty normal actually apart from the chemo occasionally. There's a possibility if things don't work out I can go on a trial at Southampton university later this year for immunotherapy trials.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2016/03/03/new-immunotherapy-discovery-c

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 09:22 - Feb 24 with 3171 viewsperchrockjack

I go a gym too but only play with myself as everyone at gigs seem just to annoy me .

Great to read that Paul ,in all seriousness

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 11:34 - Feb 24 with 3148 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I’ve donated money every month by direct debit to cancer research for a long time now.

Great to see it’s all paying off

Good luck to you all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 3139 viewsLord_Bony

Well done Dick and Tom.

Hope Mags is better.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:21 - Feb 24 with 3137 viewsTrundle10

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 14:29 - Feb 21 by Lord_Bony

Good to know she recovered from the reversal quickly. thats very encouraging.

Go to your GP people and INSIST on a test or colonoscopy.

If its caught early its a walk in the park for you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I was in and out same day for my reversal. So fingers crossed for you
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:24 - Feb 24 with 3131 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:21 - Feb 24 by Trundle10

Wow that is a quick turnaround.

But im getting use to my bag,in a strange way I like it...might even keep it.

Regards to Mrs T.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:22 - Feb 24 with 3080 viewsexiledclaseboy

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 12:21 - Feb 24 by Trundle10

My Mrs was in for a fortnight after hers, although she did have other stuff done at the same time. She had real problems for a while after the reversal but they sorted themselves out thankfully.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:25 - Feb 24 with 3061 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:22 - Feb 24 by exiledclaseboy

My Mrs was in for a fortnight after hers, although she did have other stuff done at the same time. She had real problems for a while after the reversal but they sorted themselves out thankfully.

I did not think it was possible to have a reversal in and out in one day? Maybe he's avin a Turkish bath.

I hear for most people it's a bit tricky for a few weeks after reversal ,for some it doesn't t really work at all.

Glad Lady S is out of the woods though.

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:47 - Feb 24 with 3037 viewsexiledclaseboy

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 18:25 - Feb 24 by Lord_Bony

I did not think it was possible to have a reversal in and out in one day? Maybe he's avin a Turkish bath.

I hear for most people it's a bit tricky for a few weeks after reversal ,for some it doesn't t really work at all.

Glad Lady S is out of the woods though.

Wouldn’t say out ofthe woods mate but looking more positive every day.

Keep fighting pal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024