Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assembly 08:21 - Feb 23 with 4134 viewsowainglyndwr

If you had the chance again would you of voted to have the assembly?
Also if you could would you vote to abolish it ?
Assembly on 08:32 - Feb 23 with 3590 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think an Assembly that is not self serving and cares about the whole of Wales could have been a good thing. Such an organisation sitting above 4 or 5 'super Local Authorities could gave worked. Each Authority would have been big enough to fight it's own corner instead of the 22 , divide and rule, system we currently have. Drayford has been an abject failure in sorting that out.
The other problem is Welsh Labour and voting patterns. It has encouraged complacency and cronieism.
With a few tweaks this system could have worked but unfortunately the voters are not up to the task and we get the politicians we deserve.
The fact is we were better off under the old Welsh Office and Welsh MPs system.
As an example there would have been no chance of the DVLA coming to Swansea had this complacent lot been in power....
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 8:36]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Assembly on 09:28 - Feb 23 with 3552 viewsjohnlangy

Yes and no.
Assembly on 10:43 - Feb 23 with 3531 viewsKilkennyjack

Needs to be replaced .....so we can have an independent wales within the EU.

Unless you fancy being ‘wales-shire’ in a stockholm syndrome relationship with Tory England.

Its that simple.

Beware of the Risen People

Assembly on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 3512 viewsBarrySwan

Voted Yes

Would vote no if had chance again

Would scrap it tomorrow morning if it was possible
Assembly on 12:45 - Feb 23 with 3458 viewsDr_Winston

Was an obvious job creation scheme for second rate politicians in the first place. Suspected that it would also be used to feather the nests of certain interests from the off (for example, there was no chance of the Senedd being located anywhere other than Cardiff despite the charade beforehand) and have sadly been proven right.

The dismal performance in almost every area it controls compared to the rest of the UK is just the rotten cherry on top of the shit cake.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Assembly on 13:26 - Feb 23 with 3437 viewsunion_jack

Voted no and still would do.

I'd press the button to destroy it if one existed though there'd be stiff competition for that no doubt.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Assembly on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 3408 viewsmax936

Assembly on 08:32 - Feb 23 by Private_Partz

I think an Assembly that is not self serving and cares about the whole of Wales could have been a good thing. Such an organisation sitting above 4 or 5 'super Local Authorities could gave worked. Each Authority would have been big enough to fight it's own corner instead of the 22 , divide and rule, system we currently have. Drayford has been an abject failure in sorting that out.
The other problem is Welsh Labour and voting patterns. It has encouraged complacency and cronieism.
With a few tweaks this system could have worked but unfortunately the voters are not up to the task and we get the politicians we deserve.
The fact is we were better off under the old Welsh Office and Welsh MPs system.
As an example there would have been no chance of the DVLA coming to Swansea had this complacent lot been in power....
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 8:36]

It’s the gutless and useless Swansea MPs and our Swansea born Assembly leader who are to gutless to speak out against Cardiff getting 99% of all funding, just what do they do any of the fukers do for Swansea, absolutely zilch except feather their own nests.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Assembly on 14:48 - Feb 23 with 3390 viewsKilkennyjack

Assembly on 12:45 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

Was an obvious job creation scheme for second rate politicians in the first place. Suspected that it would also be used to feather the nests of certain interests from the off (for example, there was no chance of the Senedd being located anywhere other than Cardiff despite the charade beforehand) and have sadly been proven right.

The dismal performance in almost every area it controls compared to the rest of the UK is just the rotten cherry on top of the shit cake.

Spot on.

I mean they trashed our biggest trade deal with EU
They started illegal wars
They spend £205 billion on Trident, whilst people sleep rough
They target the vulnerable on benefits
They spent on East Coast, Crossrail, and Heathrow expansion without a thought for wales, like say rail electrification to swansea or the swansea lagoon
Risk the GFA
Privatise the NHS

Oh sorry, thats all westminster ... silly me ...
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 14:49]

Login to get fewer ads

Assembly on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 3364 viewsFlashberryjack

In the initial assembly vote, I was a little unsure whether it would be a good thing for Wales or just another feeding trough for politicians to get their snouts in, but after much thought and consideration I voted no.

If there was another vote now, I would most definitely vote NO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Assembly on 16:12 - Feb 23 with 3342 viewsDarran

As usual one of the biggest problems is/was that people couldn’t be arsed to vote.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Assembly on 16:50 - Feb 23 with 3314 viewsjohnlangy

Assembly on 10:43 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

Needs to be replaced .....so we can have an independent wales within the EU.

Unless you fancy being ‘wales-shire’ in a stockholm syndrome relationship with Tory England.

Its that simple.

Well said KK. Independence is the answer.
Assembly on 18:10 - Feb 23 with 3261 viewsKilkennyjack

Assembly on 16:50 - Feb 23 by johnlangy

Well said KK. Independence is the answer.

Diolch brawd. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Assembly on 18:12 - Feb 23 with 3263 viewsperchrockjack

Independence for whom?

Cardiff
Swansea

Or Wales

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Assembly on 18:12 - Feb 23 with 3261 viewsjohnlangy

Assembly on 18:12 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

Independence for whom?

Cardiff
Swansea

Or Wales

Wales.
Assembly on 18:13 - Feb 23 with 3258 viewsHighjack

The assembly isn't the problem. The problem is the veritable smorgasbord of incompetent neepish arse holes they fill it with.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Assembly on 18:15 - Feb 23 with 3253 viewsperchrockjack

By Wales ,I take it you included Cardiff in which case I refer you gonthr countless Cardiff Swansea drivel

We cannot fookn agree man, on anything

We need to be led as we clearly cannot lead

This assembly is a prime example of vacuous symbolism

Assembly on 18:17 - Feb 23 with 3250 viewsAguycalledJack

Assembly on 14:34 - Feb 23 by max936

It’s the gutless and useless Swansea MPs and our Swansea born Assembly leader who are to gutless to speak out against Cardiff getting 99% of all funding, just what do they do any of the fukers do for Swansea, absolutely zilch except feather their own nests.

All career politicians and will not go against the party as it doesn’t benefit their career.

Labour activist at the last elections came knocking on my door in Carmarthen, Inquestioned the east v rest of wales divide re investment. Didn’t have an answer and apparently Carwyn is doing his best. I toldd him to F.C. uk off and take his head out of his ass.

Funnily not had a knock on the door from labour since.
Assembly on 18:20 - Feb 23 with 3247 viewsperchrockjack

Not more slagging off Swansea .Come on Lifey.

Assembly on 18:29 - Feb 23 with 3238 viewsPozuelosSideys

Id have thought this was an absolute prime example of the many reasons why independence would be a bad thing for Wales.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Assembly on 18:30 - Feb 23 with 3235 viewsKilkennyjack

Assembly on 18:15 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

By Wales ,I take it you included Cardiff in which case I refer you gonthr countless Cardiff Swansea drivel

We cannot fookn agree man, on anything

We need to be led as we clearly cannot lead

This assembly is a prime example of vacuous symbolism

‘We need to be led’ ......?

Is this unique to welsh people Perch ?
Are we genetically incapable do you think ?

So ....the nation of david lloyd george and nye bevan, needs to be led by Michael Gove and Jeremy Hunt ? Just so we understand .....? 🎣

Assembly on 19:26 - Feb 23 with 3199 viewsHighjack

Assembly on 18:30 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

‘We need to be led’ ......?

Is this unique to welsh people Perch ?
Are we genetically incapable do you think ?

So ....the nation of david lloyd george and nye bevan, needs to be led by Michael Gove and Jeremy Hunt ? Just so we understand .....? 🎣

Gove is environment, Hunt is health. Two areas completely under the control of the assembly/Welsh labour.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Assembly on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 3190 viewsexiledclaseboy

I voted in favour of devolution and in favour of increasing the assembly’s primary law making powers. If both votes were held again tomorrow I’d vote the same way.

Poll: Tory leader

Assembly on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 3168 viewsKilkennyjack

Assembly on 19:26 - Feb 23 by Highjack

Gove is environment, Hunt is health. Two areas completely under the control of the assembly/Welsh labour.

I was comparing the quality of ‘the old goat’ and Nye, to 2 current and prominent UK politicians.
Picking up against Perch's assertion that the welsh ‘need to led’, yes really. I know.

In football terms, the gulf in class is huge.
Its like ....well ....Ronaldo vs Pawel Abbott.

Assembly on 01:51 - Feb 24 with 3071 viewsLohengrin

Assembly on 19:48 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

I was comparing the quality of ‘the old goat’ and Nye, to 2 current and prominent UK politicians.
Picking up against Perch's assertion that the welsh ‘need to led’, yes really. I know.

In football terms, the gulf in class is huge.
Its like ....well ....Ronaldo vs Pawel Abbott.

The abilities of Lloyd George and Bevan stand no comparison. It’s ridiculous, Killy

Match Bevan with Bevin if you like. Put him up against Morrison or Snowden and you could have a worthwhile debate but to bracket him with Britain’s greatest Prime Minister of the twentieth century is the sort of mismatch Barry Hearn would swerve!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Assembly on 09:30 - Feb 24 with 3003 viewsjohnlangy

Assembly on 18:13 - Feb 23 by Highjack

The assembly isn't the problem. The problem is the veritable smorgasbord of incompetent neepish arse holes they fill it with.

Correct.

People keep saying scrap the Assembly because the government's not doing a good job. That's like saying scrap SCFC because we've got a crap team (times gone by of course). You don't scrap the Club, you get better players or a better manager.

The problem is this gutless Welsh Labour party. Carwyn Jones made a speech to the Oxford Union a few days ago in which he said that the UK has failed Wales. Have any of you seen banner headlines across our Welsh printed media trumpeting that message ? Did BBC Wales and HTV Wales have that as their lead story highlighting the fact ? The answer is no.

The UK HAS failed Wales. That's a fact. Ask yourself the question why the Welsh media aren't highlighting this. The only answer I can think of is that their being told not to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024