Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Retirement Yes or No 19:28 - Feb 25 with 8442 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Approaching 60, option to retire early, figures look okay. What would you do?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:31 - Feb 25 with 3906 viewsWitneyjack

Retire. You only get one life. Enjoy the rest of it with your family. Tomorrow isn't promised.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:31 - Feb 25 with 3904 viewsPhil_S

Do it - if th figures are strong enough for you then do it.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:38 - Feb 25 with 3871 viewsmax936

100% as both Wit and Phil say,

I'm 57, but I'll have to work to full term I reckon,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:42 - Feb 25 with 3860 viewsN_T_J

Im 34 and retired. (Not thourgh choice) the days bore the living shįt out of me!! Maybe look at part time work mate.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:49 - Feb 25 with 3832 viewsPhil_S

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:42 - Feb 25 by N_T_J

Im 34 and retired. (Not thourgh choice) the days bore the living shįt out of me!! Maybe look at part time work mate.

I have every intention of retiring at 55 from the job I currently do

If I have to work part time to supplement whatever pension I will have accumulated by that point then I will but life is too short
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 3821 viewsmax936

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:49 - Feb 25 by Phil_S

If I have to work part time to supplement whatever pension I will have accumulated by that point then I will but life is too short

I'm thinking the same once my Mortgage is finished that maybe me done unless, I can manage to get a desk based job, which is possible.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3816 viewsN_T_J

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:49 - Feb 25 by Phil_S

I agree life is to short. But my life is get up do my gym work home by mid day then slob on sofa all day as my mrs is in work and all my mates are in work.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:53 - Feb 25 with 3811 viewsDyfnant

Anyone would have to have very little in their life to answer no to that. Take it & run

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 3792 viewsPhil_S

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:52 - Feb 25 by N_T_J

I agree life is to short. But my life is get up do my gym work home by mid day then slob on sofa all day as my mrs is in work and all my mates are in work.

I do agree - reading your post again I missed the age first time around so I do understand that bit

I dont want to pry, assume thats health related?
Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 3792 viewsFlashberryjack

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:31 - Feb 25 by Witneyjack

Retire. You only get one life. Enjoy the rest of it with your family. Tomorrow isn't promised.

If the sums add up, then retire, one day there will be no tomorrows, enjoy the today's. whilst you can.

Witney Sorry for the down arrow......unintended.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:02 - Feb 25 with 3766 viewsN_T_J

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:55 - Feb 25 by Phil_S

I do agree - reading your post again I missed the age first time around so I do understand that bit

I dont want to pry, assume thats health related?

Yes it is Phil, had a accident 18 months ago. So im quadriplegic.

When I was working, I used to moan I cant wait to retire! But id love to go back to work. :)
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:08 - Feb 25 with 3731 viewslifelong

A lot depends on your personal circumstances, as well a financial matters you have to have something to occupy your time, I think 60 is a very good age to retire.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:10 - Feb 25 with 3731 viewsPhil_S

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:02 - Feb 25 by N_T_J

When I was working, I used to moan I cant wait to retire! But id love to go back to work. :)

Things like that make me realise just how much time we can spend wishing our life away.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:15 - Feb 25 with 3714 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Early Retirement Yes or No on 19:31 - Feb 25 by Witneyjack

This 100%. Go and see the world, we're made to work far too long as it is. By all means take up a new hobby or a part time job if you struggle with boredom but get off the treadmill

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:18 - Feb 25 with 3697 viewsdickythorpe

Enjoy life and retire. 60 is the new 40 and all that
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:21 - Feb 25 with 3689 viewslondonlisa2001

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:02 - Feb 25 by N_T_J

Genuinely so sorry to hear that NTJ.

Can I ask what gym work you do if that isn't too intrusive. Is there a chance of you recovering some function?
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:24 - Feb 25 with 3676 viewsJackfath

I think it also depends on what job you've been doing all your life. Some jobs require a younger, fitter person. I cannot imagine doing my job until I'm 68 which is now the age I am required to go on to.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:25 - Feb 25 with 3675 viewslondonlisa2001

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:15 - Feb 25 by Brynmill_Jack

This 100%. Go and see the world, we're made to work far too long as it is. By all means take up a new hobby or a part time job if you struggle with boredom but get off the treadmill

As someone who's lucky enough to have been able to move to working part time rather than full time, I completely agree.

Travel is the bit that I've most appreciated. Going to different places has completely changed me.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:26]
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:27 - Feb 25 with 3660 viewsDan_Swan

If things added up for me i'd jump at the chance! I've just turned 40, been working since I was 17, contributing to my pension since 19 & that time has just whizzed past, that tells me life does indeed fly by!

One chance we have, make the most of things whilst you have your health & are able to enjoy doing things. If things get tight financially maybe look at a part time job, something different from what you do now.

Good luck & enjoy whichever path you chose

Still following Dr's orders!

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:28 - Feb 25 with 3655 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:25 - Feb 25 by londonlisa2001

As someone who's lucky enough to have been able to move to working part time rather than full time, I completely agree.

Travel is the bit that I've most appreciated. Going to different places has completely changed me.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:26]

Pleased for you Lisa. Life is too short and there's no point in it unless you get the chance to live it. Where are you off to next ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:32 - Feb 25 with 3631 viewsN_T_J

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:21 - Feb 25 by londonlisa2001

Genuinely so sorry to hear that NTJ.

Can I ask what gym work you do if that isn't too intrusive. Is there a chance of you recovering some function?

Its fine. Im doing cardio mostly at the moment. Trying to work on my balance as i broke c4 and c5 in the neck damaged my spinal cord but it did not break.

Its 18 months next week and the doctors have said 18months you are usally at your best recovery time. I feel ill walk again without crutches. But my left hand doesnt have function and my right hand is very weak. So its a waiting game really but i aint seen much improvement in my hands last few months.

But im more positive regarding my legs getting better. Its more my balance.

I have PT twice a week, Hydro sessions 3 times a week and i go to the gym as much as possible really.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:39 - Feb 25 with 3611 viewslondonlisa2001

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:28 - Feb 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Pleased for you Lisa. Life is too short and there's no point in it unless you get the chance to live it. Where are you off to next ?

Not sure as yet Brynnie.

We have a dog now, so less opportunity for going away for any length of time!

The big one for me was in 2010. I'd worked without a break since 1988, and the 5 years before 2010 I had literally not had a single day off email, conference calls etc etc apart from Christmas day. Most I was away from the office was a week at a time, and even then, I spent at least 3 or 4 hours a day working. I was absolutely stressed out of my head.

When my project came to an end, I decided to take some time before the next one. We went to India for 2 months a week after I finished. And it changed my outlook on everything. I realised if I carried on I'd be seriously ill. And single ;-)

I haven't worked full time for anyone else since. Scaled everything back. Decided I preferred time rather than handbags and shoes and 'stuff'.
Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:53 - Feb 25 with 3571 viewsAlgorfajack

I used to go under the name of llanedeyrnjack & as some on here may remember, my son collapsed & died at 20. Since then I have been diagnosed with heart problems & am on medication for the rest of my time.

When diagnosed, I was working as a delivery driver for UPS parcel company & the stress involved with that job was'nt helping. I was about 57 at the time & carried on working with UPS for a few more years but eventually ended up on the sick more than I was in work.

In 2015 I consulted an IFA & together we sorted out the finances which has allowed my wife & I to retire. Now we spend most of our time in Southern Spain only returning home when necessary.

Do it if you can mate as I can honestly say, you do not know what is round the corner.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:54 - Feb 25 with 3559 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do it you’ve worked long enough

Have a happy and long retirement

I hope I do when it comes along

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:57 - Feb 25 with 3550 viewslondonlisa2001

Early Retirement Yes or No on 20:32 - Feb 25 by N_T_J

Its fine. Im doing cardio mostly at the moment. Trying to work on my balance as i broke c4 and c5 in the neck damaged my spinal cord but it did not break.

Its 18 months next week and the doctors have said 18months you are usally at your best recovery time. I feel ill walk again without crutches. But my left hand doesnt have function and my right hand is very weak. So its a waiting game really but i aint seen much improvement in my hands last few months.

But im more positive regarding my legs getting better. Its more my balance.

I have PT twice a week, Hydro sessions 3 times a week and i go to the gym as much as possible really.

Wow.

'I'll walk again without crutches".

You're a complete inspiration NTJ. And you absolutely will. Genuinely. With your attitude you will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024