Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? 20:15 - Feb 25 with 3157 viewsSwanjaxs

Knocking at the door the longer the first half went on.. Ayew hits the post just before half time... should have held fire before going to a flat back four start of 2nd half... and took the wrong centre half off anyway 👍 should have hooked Mawson
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:16]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:25 - Feb 25 with 2148 viewsmax936

Should have kept going as we were, we changed far to early, with the change we had no control in the middle of the park and they just packed in around their area then broke away quickly and punished us, Carlo dropped a clanger simple as that, we might still have lost but not by 4 goal, in fact we might have got an equaliser and gone on to win or draw, should have left any changes until 60/65 mins.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:31 - Feb 25 with 2127 viewsSirjohnalot

Yeah, he gambled, threw the dice and lost. At least we are gambling now.
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:39 - Feb 25 with 2102 viewsGaryjack

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:25 - Feb 25 by max936

Should have kept going as we were, we changed far to early, with the change we had no control in the middle of the park and they just packed in around their area then broke away quickly and punished us, Carlo dropped a clanger simple as that, we might still have lost but not by 4 goal, in fact we might have got an equaliser and gone on to win or draw, should have left any changes until 60/65 mins.

we were too attack minded from the start. They were catching us on the break very early on. There was absolutely no need to go 'gung ho' against them, and once they got in front, on the balance of play it was always going to get worse, every substitution seemed to compound the situation. I hope Carlos has got more in his locker than that, but on the flip side, let's hope West Ham come to us with the same game plan we had yesterday, because if they do, they'll leave with nothing.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:40]
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:43 - Feb 25 with 2084 viewsSwanjaxs

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:25 - Feb 25 by max936

Definitely Max! If CC had held fire we would have taken a point at least, we were knocking at the door.... missed opportunity imo

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:44 - Feb 25 with 2073 viewsmax936

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:39 - Feb 25 by Garyjack

we were too attack minded from the start. They were catching us on the break very early on. There was absolutely no need to go 'gung ho' against them, and once they got in front, on the balance of play it was always going to get worse, every substitution seemed to compound the situation. I hope Carlos has got more in his locker than that, but on the flip side, let's hope West Ham come to us with the same game plan we had yesterday, because if they do, they'll leave with nothing.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:40]

Huddersfield play a similar game to Brighton and the same will happen up there unless we're all on the same page.

After watching Country File earlier there's a chance our game won't be on, there's a serious threat of heavy snow for us on Thursday and Friday, Tuesday looks none to clever either.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:45 - Feb 25 with 2062 viewsDarran

We should have kept it tighter for longer but hey you can’t really criticise him for trying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:46 - Feb 25 with 2062 viewsBanosswan

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:43 - Feb 25 by Swanjaxs

Definitely Max! If CC had held fire we would have taken a point at least, we were knocking at the door.... missed opportunity imo

Yes let's question the guy who's done what he's done so far. He threw the dice in a few games previously and it worked.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:47 - Feb 25 with 2051 viewsSwanjaxs

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:46 - Feb 25 by Banosswan

Yes let's question the guy who's done what he's done so far. He threw the dice in a few games previously and it worked.

Yes indeed let's question "the guy "... he called it wrong

Login to get fewer ads

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:48 - Feb 25 with 2037 viewsGaryjack

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:44 - Feb 25 by max936

Huddersfield play a similar game to Brighton and the same will happen up there unless we're all on the same page.

After watching Country File earlier there's a chance our game won't be on, there's a serious threat of heavy snow for us on Thursday and Friday, Tuesday looks none to clever either.

Full blown blizzard has been mentioned!
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:49 - Feb 25 with 2032 viewsBanosswan

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:47 - Feb 25 by Swanjaxs

Yes indeed let's question "the guy "... he called it wrong

Yes he did. Would you have done it different at the time, or are you now dealing with the benefit of hindsight?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:49 - Feb 25 with 2032 viewsmax936

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:45 - Feb 25 by Darran

We should have kept it tighter for longer but hey you can’t really criticise him for trying.

You can't no, but if he wanted to change why not give till half time at least, we lost the midfield with that early change as Dyer was working well in the middle and down the centre. we went behind to a penalty, it was a penalty yes but other than that we were ok at the back, we took Van Hoorn off and we were opened up regularly after that.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:51 - Feb 25 with 2012 viewsDarran

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:49 - Feb 25 by max936

You can't no, but if he wanted to change why not give till half time at least, we lost the midfield with that early change as Dyer was working well in the middle and down the centre. we went behind to a penalty, it was a penalty yes but other than that we were ok at the back, we took Van Hoorn off and we were opened up regularly after that.

I agree mun.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:51 - Feb 25 with 2014 viewsSwanjaxs

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:45 - Feb 25 by Darran

Fair enough, but it was obvious he should have taken a step away to think it through.... backroom staff and all that?

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:53 - Feb 25 with 1991 viewsSwanjaxs

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:49 - Feb 25 by Banosswan

Yes he did. Would you have done it different at the time, or are you now dealing with the benefit of hindsight?

I would have kept it the same for at least 20 minutes... Yes definitely

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:54 - Feb 25 with 1981 viewsBanosswan

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:53 - Feb 25 by Swanjaxs

I would have kept it the same for at least 20 minutes... Yes definitely

Fair enough. It was early.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:56 - Feb 25 with 1961 viewsDarran

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:51 - Feb 25 by Swanjaxs

Fair enough, but it was obvious he should have taken a step away to think it through.... backroom staff and all that?

Indeed.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:57 - Feb 25 with 1958 viewsDarran

Subbing Dyer so early did look a bit desperate too.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:00 - Feb 25 with 1940 viewsBanosswan

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:57 - Feb 25 by Darran

I wouldn't say desperate, he was trying something out just didn't work.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:05 - Feb 25 with 1918 viewsDarran

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:00 - Feb 25 by Banosswan

I wouldn't say desperate, he was trying something out just didn't work.

Well ok I’m not going to argue but it’s not something you see very often is it?

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 1861 viewsmax936

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:51 - Feb 25 by Swanjaxs

I was sat not far from the dugout and they did have a huddle and a chat, then told Ayew to get ready, I didn't think Andre give us much not necessarily his fault as we couldn't give him the service to get him going where as Dyer was in the thick of things, not doubt Carlo learnt from that, in fairness he said he put money down to win more money but lost his money, well he said somin along those lines,

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 1861 viewsSwanjaxs

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:05 - Feb 25 by Darran

Well ok I’m not going to argue but it’s not something you see very often is it?

Indeed.... says it all really

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:34 - Feb 25 with 1827 viewsploppy

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 20:57 - Feb 25 by Darran

Agreed. I didn't see the sense in making that change at 36mins. It wasn't like it was killing us - didn't look like it to me anyway, but I only watched it on a poor quality stream (unlike ECB's glorious HD)!

As for the other change at half time - even the tactical genius that is Iain Dowie reckoned it was too early to make that change. He said that the game would become much more open and he was right - and we're never very good when the game opens up and we allow teams to run at us.
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:39 - Feb 25 with 1806 viewsmax936

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:34 - Feb 25 by ploppy

Agreed. I didn't see the sense in making that change at 36mins. It wasn't like it was killing us - didn't look like it to me anyway, but I only watched it on a poor quality stream (unlike ECB's glorious HD)!

As for the other change at half time - even the tactical genius that is Iain Dowie reckoned it was too early to make that change. He said that the game would become much more open and he was right - and we're never very good when the game opens up and we allow teams to run at us.

He was spot on to, they had more pace on the field than us as it was and when they broke they broke with that pace and with number's that Knockaert took us apart in that second half.

Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:45 - Feb 25 with 1785 viewsoldcob

Short memories on here, we all slagged off PC because he was over cautious.
Claudio Carvajal trigger happy yesterday? on 21:49 - Feb 25 with 1778 viewsmonmouth

Knocky is a championship player too, so that wasn't great. Purely through all the space in the midfield. Anyway, just write it off as a clusterf*ck and get into WHam, snow permitting. I still hope we win on Tuesday but don't care that much now, as we have to put everything into staying up. Because sure as shit 'them' are coming back up. Colin won't let them implode, and it would be rude not to be there to f*ck them up and send them back again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024