Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dortmund boycott/protest 22:02 - Feb 26 with 5019 viewsJack_Kass

25,000 fans stay away tonight just because their game was moved to a Monday evening*, imagine how many would boycott if something sinister was happening at their club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43201642

*May or may not also be due to the current ice wave of terror that is approaching
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 22:05]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Dortmund boycott/protest on 22:12 - Feb 26 with 4986 viewslonglostjack

Nothing to do with the weather. Not in Dortmund. No doubt the Sky PR machine and DFB will spin it like that though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dortmund boycott/protest on 00:05 - Feb 27 with 4844 viewsairedale

Don’t take the piss outa the punters. If the price of sugar is exorbitant,don’t buy it.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 00:19 - Feb 27 with 4830 viewsLoyal

They have done it before, none of this support the team bollocks.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dortmund boycott/protest on 01:59 - Feb 27 with 4794 viewsTheResurrection

Dortmund boycott/protest on 00:19 - Feb 27 by Loyal

They have done it before, none of this support the team bollocks.

They're not on the brink of relegation and collapse though are they.

Empty words.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Dortmund boycott/protest on 05:43 - Feb 27 with 4752 viewsSPboy

I have to say that the worse time slots for me are the early kick offs on Sat or Sunday as they kill the atmosphere and ‘matchday experience’.

Dortmund is well known for the ‘matchday experience’ with many hundreds (thousands) from abroad regularly visiting their well known day out experience. Most German grounds have free WiFi, cheap tickets, reasonable food & drink options and most importantly free public transport throughout the country with a matchday ticket

For a club that is used to playing midweek European cup football a 25k stay-away crowd is a big statement so it is obviously not about logistics but principles ... on the other hand if they want Sky money ...
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 5:44]
Dortmund boycott/protest on 08:59 - Feb 27 with 4606 viewsTheResurrection

Dortmund boycott/protest on 05:43 - Feb 27 by SPboy

I have to say that the worse time slots for me are the early kick offs on Sat or Sunday as they kill the atmosphere and ‘matchday experience’.

Dortmund is well known for the ‘matchday experience’ with many hundreds (thousands) from abroad regularly visiting their well known day out experience. Most German grounds have free WiFi, cheap tickets, reasonable food & drink options and most importantly free public transport throughout the country with a matchday ticket

For a club that is used to playing midweek European cup football a 25k stay-away crowd is a big statement so it is obviously not about logistics but principles ... on the other hand if they want Sky money ...
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 5:44]

But it's not just that is it, and I sympathise to a point with games being moved to less traditional time slots, but to be able to watch football in general Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, evening, a few games on Sunday, Monday even, then throughout the week and even Friday nights is facking brilliant.

It's on all the time, I love it.....!!!!

I admire the German model, it's bloody hard not to, I admire their whole philosophy when it comes to the fan and their importance, but they can be a bit too big for their boots. You can't knock the Premier League for its brand and what it offers, it's the most watched league in the world, the German league is streets behind, like you say, you can't have it all, can you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:13 - Feb 27 with 4346 viewsjack247

Precious twáts. I bet they are happy enough with the TV money being pumped into their club.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:23 - Feb 27 with 4333 viewsvetchonian

Dortmund boycott/protest on 01:59 - Feb 27 by TheResurrection

Empty words.

And who is to blame for that......certainly not the fans!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:28 - Feb 27 with 4323 viewsTheResurrection

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:23 - Feb 27 by vetchonian

And who is to blame for that......certainly not the fans!

I can't help with your constant not grasping of THE POINT!!

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:52 - Feb 27 with 4283 viewsLoyal

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:13 - Feb 27 by jack247

Precious twáts. I bet they are happy enough with the TV money being pumped into their club.

And vice versa.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:59 - Feb 27 with 4276 viewsLoyal

Dortmund boycott/protest on 01:59 - Feb 27 by TheResurrection

Empty words.

Dortmund fans did exactly the same when they were in the relegation zone and nearly went down 3 years ago.
Empty knowledge.

Dortmund boycott/protest on 16:37 - Feb 27 with 4193 viewsTheResurrection

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:59 - Feb 27 by Loyal

Dortmund fans did exactly the same when they were in the relegation zone and nearly went down 3 years ago.
Empty knowledge.

Yes because Dortmund of Germany, you know, traditionally on the scale of a Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea are really going to fall away into oblivion.

It's unbelievable I need to explain this sort of shit to people.

Think....

Dortmund boycott/protest on 16:55 - Feb 27 with 4172 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:52 - Feb 27 by Loyal

And vice versa.

Of course and I don’t claim to know how much of their revenue is TV income, but it’s a fair guess that it’s a lot of it.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. The German football model, with 50+1 and virtually everything subsidised for fans is brilliant. This is churlish and extremely self important though. Miss the game then princesses.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 18:40 - Feb 27 with 4117 viewslonglostjack

Dortmund boycott/protest on 16:55 - Feb 27 by jack247

Of course and I don’t claim to know how much of their revenue is TV income, but it’s a fair guess that it’s a lot of it.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. The German football model, with 50+1 and virtually everything subsidised for fans is brilliant. This is churlish and extremely self important though. Miss the game then princesses.

Why is it churlish? Good luck to them. Football would be pretty meaningless without the fans. The majority of Sky subscribers sitting at home would soon get bored watching matches played in empty stadiums.

Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:20 - Feb 27 with 4082 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 18:40 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

Why is it churlish? Good luck to them. Football would be pretty meaningless without the fans. The majority of Sky subscribers sitting at home would soon get bored watching matches played in empty stadiums.

Because they have an all star team funded largely by TV money. Once TV viewers lose interest, the Bundesliga is going to struggle next time it is up for tender.

I could understand it if they were a lower division side being paid peanuts for coverage.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:31 - Feb 27 with 4077 viewslonglostjack

Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:20 - Feb 27 by jack247

Because they have an all star team funded largely by TV money. Once TV viewers lose interest, the Bundesliga is going to struggle next time it is up for tender.

I could understand it if they were a lower division side being paid peanuts for coverage.

It's not only Dortmund though. The move to Monday games has got all the fan's backs up. As for the Sky money it certainly isn't everything and I'd argue it could be more detrimental to the development of the game in a country. Anyway the money circulates. If a Premier League club pays silly money for Abumeyang it goes back into the Bundesliga.

Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:42 - Feb 27 with 4060 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:31 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

It's not only Dortmund though. The move to Monday games has got all the fan's backs up. As for the Sky money it certainly isn't everything and I'd argue it could be more detrimental to the development of the game in a country. Anyway the money circulates. If a Premier League club pays silly money for Abumeyang it goes back into the Bundesliga.

No, it’s not only Dortmund. It’s entitled Bundesliga fans in general. They are just a high profile example.

I don’t pretend to know much about their finances, but with the 50+1 rule, I doubt they could have bought Aubemeyang in the first place without substantial TV money.

Imagine a top PL clubs fans doing that
Dortmund boycott/protest on 20:55 - Feb 27 with 4015 viewslonglostjack

Dortmund boycott/protest on 19:42 - Feb 27 by jack247

No, it’s not only Dortmund. It’s entitled Bundesliga fans in general. They are just a high profile example.

I don’t pretend to know much about their finances, but with the 50+1 rule, I doubt they could have bought Aubemeyang in the first place without substantial TV money.

Imagine a top PL clubs fans doing that

Entitled? Would love to see Arsenal fans doing it for example. Too busy taking selfies.

Dortmund boycott/protest on 03:17 - Feb 28 with 3889 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 20:55 - Feb 27 by longlostjack

Entitled? Would love to see Arsenal fans doing it for example. Too busy taking selfies.

I’m not disputing their passion.

It’s absolutely entitled though. They want the penny and the bun. Their cheapest season tickets are just over200 euros and they have some top, top players, presumably on chunky wages. Who do they think subsidises that?
Dortmund boycott/protest on 12:43 - Feb 28 with 3794 viewsTaliesin

Dortmund boycott/protest on 16:55 - Feb 27 by jack247

So what do you suggest? That they lube up and wave their arse in the air waitining to be fckd by someone with a wedge? Maybe that's the way you like it but not everybody's the same
Dortmund boycott/protest on 13:00 - Feb 28 with 3776 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 12:43 - Feb 28 by Taliesin

So what do you suggest? That they lube up and wave their arse in the air waitining to be fckd by someone with a wedge? Maybe that's the way you like it but not everybody's the same

I’m suggesting they take stock of whether they’d prefer to watch players like Gotze and Reus for €200 per season, or not have to go through the hardship of an occasional Monday night game.

German football would be nothing without the fans, it would be very, very little without the TV money. Some of the self righteous amongst them need to realise that.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 13:07 - Feb 28 with 3767 viewsTaliesin

So what's wrong with trying to maintain the status quo? If people don't want to attend on a Monday night they don't have to, and if the gate is down 25,000 every monday it makes a statement and poses the questions that need to be answered by the clubs / football assoc and Sky.

Don't take the piss out of the fans who are willing to make a stand - we could seriously take a leaf from their book and say 'No' occasionally
Dortmund boycott/protest on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 3735 viewsjack247

Dortmund boycott/protest on 13:07 - Feb 28 by Taliesin

So what's wrong with trying to maintain the status quo? If people don't want to attend on a Monday night they don't have to, and if the gate is down 25,000 every monday it makes a statement and poses the questions that need to be answered by the clubs / football assoc and Sky.

Don't take the piss out of the fans who are willing to make a stand - we could seriously take a leaf from their book and say 'No' occasionally

I’m not taking the piss out of them, I’m calling them entitled and self-important. I don’t see how you can even dispute that to be honest.

The status quo is very little give and a hell of a lot of take. I genuinely hope they (German fans, not Dortmund in particular) go along with these kind of protests and find they don’t get such a good deal next time. Monday night is presumably a peak viewing time and I doubt fans in La Liga or Ligue one would be half as precious. They may not feel quite the same way if ticket prices increase or they can’t afford to keep their best players.

Totally agree that fans need to take a stand sometimes, Swansea is a great example of that. I’m not convinced taking a stand against the people who provide a huge chunk of your revenue is anything other than cutting your nose off to spite your face though.

It won’t happen in Germany because of their ownership rules, but if Dortmund were faced with a sellouts/American investors type scenario and their fans went ballistic, I’d be right behind them.
Dortmund boycott/protest on 17:36 - Feb 28 with 3704 viewsgiantstoneater

Our kick off time v Spurs 1215 on a Saturday what a crap time to kick off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024