Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snow watch 17:09 - Feb 27 with 20223 viewsMrSwerve

Tipping it down with snow around Neath.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Snow watch on 18:36 - Mar 1 with 1664 viewsexiledclaseboy

Snow watch on 17:55 - Mar 1 by theloneranger

Thank f*ck our parents and grandparents didn't have the Health and Safety Dept running things in the last 2 World Wars.....

If they had....We'd all be speaking German

To be fair your nana and bamps would have been massively unlikely to sue the council if they ventured outside in a snow storm and sprained their ankle or something.

Poll: Tory leader

Snow watch on 18:56 - Mar 1 with 1585 viewsDan_Swan

Snow watch on 18:31 - Mar 1 by Neath_Jack

I'm assuming you're a grown man here?

So what you should do in the morning is look at the roads where you live, compare that to the vehicle you're about to drive, then if you come to the conclusion that it's not very safe to travel, then stay in the house. No harm will come to you then.

It's not difficult if you think about it logically.

I've got to go into work or lose a day's Annual Leave and I see no reason why this should be the case if I make a genuine effort to go in.

That doesn't necessarily mean driving in. It'll mean me having to assess all options, what public transport is available and all that goes with it, finding out & getting to a place where busses are running or traipsing a mile and half to the nearest train station. Granted I can assess things when I get up in the morning, if the conditions are too bad then of course I won't risk life & limb. Despite what you may think of me working for the Council, I'm not a complete moron bereft of any common sense!

Still following Dr's orders!

Snow watch on 19:01 - Mar 1 with 1567 viewsJackfath

Snow watch on 18:56 - Mar 1 by Dan_Swan

I've got to go into work or lose a day's Annual Leave and I see no reason why this should be the case if I make a genuine effort to go in.

That doesn't necessarily mean driving in. It'll mean me having to assess all options, what public transport is available and all that goes with it, finding out & getting to a place where busses are running or traipsing a mile and half to the nearest train station. Granted I can assess things when I get up in the morning, if the conditions are too bad then of course I won't risk life & limb. Despite what you may think of me working for the Council, I'm not a complete moron bereft of any common sense!

What job do you have Dan?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Snow watch on 19:04 - Mar 1 with 1554 viewsmax936

Derek saying that its all happening and going to happen East and North East of Bridgend, Valleys, Cardiff and Bristol. we'll got off fairly lightly by looks of it.

Those that flooded Tesco in Neath Abbey will be gutted they spent a months wages for a damp squib, they were like Locusts in there

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Snow watch on 19:04 - Mar 1 with 1550 viewsdickythorpe

You can blame Brexit for this dry snow .
Snow watch on 19:19 - Mar 1 with 1481 viewsNeath_Jack

Snow watch on 18:56 - Mar 1 by Dan_Swan

Well why all that nonsense about your fingers being crossed about you not coming to harm? That's all I've had to deal with today is people asking about how they're going to get to work tomorrow, will they get paid if they stay off, what if they crash on the way to work. Grown men and women.

If it's too hazardous to drive the car then don't drive it. If you've got to lose 1 days wages due to your contract of employment, then so be it. It's one day.

I won't get paid if i can't get in, and i definitely won't risk my car or my health for the sake of one days pay.

Unbelievable how people react when there's snow about.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Snow watch on 19:23 - Mar 1 with 1456 viewsDarran

Snow watch on 19:19 - Mar 1 by Neath_Jack

Well why all that nonsense about your fingers being crossed about you not coming to harm? That's all I've had to deal with today is people asking about how they're going to get to work tomorrow, will they get paid if they stay off, what if they crash on the way to work. Grown men and women.

If it's too hazardous to drive the car then don't drive it. If you've got to lose 1 days wages due to your contract of employment, then so be it. It's one day.

I won't get paid if i can't get in, and i definitely won't risk my car or my health for the sake of one days pay.

Unbelievable how people react when there's snow about.

Wish I’d failed to get to work.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Snow watch on 19:29 - Mar 1 with 1428 viewsNeath_Jack

Snow watch on 19:23 - Mar 1 by Darran

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Snow watch on 19:30 - Mar 1 with 1423 viewsDan_Swan

Snow watch on 19:01 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

What job do you have Dan?

Not a very good one, i'll leave it at that Jackfath.

I'm not going to contribute any more to this thread don't want to continue annoying others who seems to have it in for those who are in local government.

Still following Dr's orders!

Snow watch on 19:34 - Mar 1 with 1402 viewsdickythorpe

Employment law advice needs to be sought from your employer.
Snow watch on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 1376 viewsNogginthenog

Since the snow started all the wife has done is stare through the window, if it gets any worse I'll have to let her in 😁
Snow watch on 19:45 - Mar 1 with 1363 viewsjack2jack

Snow watch on 19:30 - Mar 1 by Dan_Swan

I'm not going to contribute any more to this thread don't want to continue annoying others who seems to have it in for those who are in local government.

Don't sell yourself short mate, and don't be intimidated.
Council workers have always been knocked and unfairly imho.
There are very hard working and knowledgeable folk working for local authorities who provide some great services for the local community.
Snow watch on 19:46 - Mar 1 with 1357 viewsmax936

Snow watch on 19:42 - Mar 1 by Nogginthenog

Since the snow started all the wife has done is stare through the window, if it gets any worse I'll have to let her in 😁

Take her coat off her that'll learn her

Snow watch on 19:57 - Mar 1 with 1311 viewsJackfath

Snow watch on 19:45 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

Don't sell yourself short mate, and don't be intimidated.
Council workers have always been knocked and unfairly imho.
There are very hard working and knowledgeable folk working for local authorities who provide some great services for the local community.

Thank you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Snow watch on 19:58 - Mar 1 with 1305 viewsjack2jack

Snow watch on 19:57 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

Thank you.

My pleasure 😉
Snow watch on 20:04 - Mar 1 with 1282 viewslondonlisa2001

Snow watch on 19:23 - Mar 1 by Darran

Snow watch on 20:12 - Mar 1 with 1249 viewsGowerjack

Snow watch on 19:30 - Mar 1 by Dan_Swan

Dan my friend

The dual standard is what pìsses Mrs Gowerjack off.

Different set of rules for teachers

I'm sure you'd agree.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Snow watch on 20:21 - Mar 1 with 1207 viewsJimmyGilligan

Is actually snowing where I am now, walked 2 yards outside my front door and went flying. I love this time of year.
Snow watch on 20:25 - Mar 1 with 1192 viewsexiledclaseboy

Snow watch on 20:21 - Mar 1 by JimmyGilligan

Is actually snowing where I am now, walked 2 yards outside my front door and went flying. I love this time of year.

You have a history of not doing well in this type of weather old son.

Poll: Tory leader

Snow watch on 20:30 - Mar 1 with 1166 viewsdickythorpe

Snow watch on 20:25 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

You have a history of not doing well in this type of weather old son.

Llansamlet sorting office?
Snow watch on 20:36 - Mar 1 with 1138 viewsJimmyGilligan

Snow watch on 20:30 - Mar 1 by dickythorpe

Llansamlet sorting office?

I still have flashbacks to this day
Snow watch on 20:40 - Mar 1 with 1123 viewsJackfath

Snow watch on 20:12 - Mar 1 by Gowerjack

Dan my friend

The dual standard is what pìsses Mrs Gowerjack off.

Different set of rules for teachers

I'm sure you'd agree.

Snow watch on 20:47 - Mar 1 with 1093 viewsCooperman

Hardly seen a snowflake.

Staying in the warmth though, currently on my 58th slice of toast today.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Snow watch on 20:48 - Mar 1 with 1080 viewsDr_Winston

F*cking cold but fairly light in Morriston.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Snow watch on 20:53 - Mar 1 with 1047 viewsmax936

Snow watch on 20:48 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

F*cking cold but fairly light in Morriston.

Went to go out my back yard to put rubbish in bin and there was about 6 to 8"'s of snow settled up against the door used my newly purchased Snow Shovel to shift it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024