Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? 15:22 - Feb 28 with 12074 viewswestwalesed

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 15:37 - Mar 4 with 2716 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 15:35 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

I like Ken Clarke. He still uses a typewriter.

He was on QT last week. If all politicians were Ken Clarke we'd all be much happier I suspect.
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 16:10 - Mar 4 with 2695 viewsWarwickHunt

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 14:35 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

The FT threw its weight behind the Tories in 2010, 2015 and 2017.

Yep, they will next time too - it's hardly a member of the "right wing press" though.
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 16:31 - Mar 4 with 2671 viewsHighjack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 15:31 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

If the Evening Standard represents London I’m truly scared.

Where else would the "London evening standard" feasibly represent?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:26 - Mar 4 with 2625 viewsNookiejack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 15:04 - Mar 4 by londonlisa2001

Firstly the FT isn't right wing. It's about the most politically ambivalent national there is these days. It varies between political parties according to what it thinks is the best result for business. Hence it is anti Corbyn but very pro EU.

Neither is the Standard. It's right wing economically but spectacularly liberal across the board on all areas of social policy, including immigration. It represents London which is hugely pro remain.

Corbyn is proposing membership of the customs union - he just can't call it that. So it's a bespoke customs union which is identical to the customs union. For the purposes of my earlier point, the difference between the two is irrelevant. He has always been anti EU hence my point on his lack of principles.

As for state ownership, there is huge state ownership in Germany just as one example. Everything from DB to Commerzbank to T-Mobile to DHL to Volkswagen. Large state ownership in France as well. There just have to be regulations in place around price mechanisms etc to ensure that a monopoly can't exist which fixes pricing and prevents competition. The EU have intervened in Germany a few times and some rules get changed.

I'm sure I don't need to point out that one of our biggest banks was nationalised while EU members...

Jeremy Warner is a journalist for the Daily Telegraph and he is a big Remainer and a part of the right wing press.

Corbyn is a Bennite and to quote from Tony Benn

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/semipartisansam.com/2016/03/03/tony-benn-and-the-

‘When I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious that what they had in mind was not democratic. I mean, in Britain you vote for the government and therefore the government has to listen to you, and if you don’t like it you can change it. But in Europe all the key positions are appointed, not elected — the Commission, for example. All appointed, not one of them elected.

[..] And my view about the European Union has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners, but that I am in favour of democracy. And I think out of this story we have to find an answer, because I certainly don’t want to live in hostility to the European Union but I think they are building an empire there and they want us to be a part of that empire, and I don’t want that.’

You can’t get rid of people in the key positions of the EU and the accounts are never audited.

If you want to Remain then you are then headed for a United States of Europe - even deeper political union. It has all been done insidiously to date and that will continue.

They will also eventually require U.K. joining single currency. They might even demand it as a condition of us revoking Article 50.

I really don’t think the EU has all the cards in the negotiations. We run a massive trade deficit with the EU and contribute significantly to the EU Budget.

Time is ticking and if the EU will not compromise then who knows which way this will go.
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 2622 viewsWarwickHunt

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:26 - Mar 4 by Nookiejack

Jeremy Warner is a journalist for the Daily Telegraph and he is a big Remainer and a part of the right wing press.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/semipartisansam.com/2016/03/03/tony-benn-and-the-

‘When I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious that what they had in mind was not democratic. I mean, in Britain you vote for the government and therefore the government has to listen to you, and if you don’t like it you can change it. But in Europe all the key positions are appointed, not elected — the Commission, for example. All appointed, not one of them elected.

[..] And my view about the European Union has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners, but that I am in favour of democracy. And I think out of this story we have to find an answer, because I certainly don’t want to live in hostility to the European Union but I think they are building an empire there and they want us to be a part of that empire, and I don’t want that.’

You can’t get rid of people in the key positions of the EU and the accounts are never audited.

If you want to Remain then you are then headed for a United States of Europe - even deeper political union. It has all been done insidiously to date and that will continue.

They will also eventually require U.K. joining single currency. They might even demand it as a condition of us revoking Article 50.

I really don’t think the EU has all the cards in the negotiations. We run a massive trade deficit with the EU and contribute significantly to the EU Budget.

Time is ticking and if the EU will not compromise then who knows which way this will go.

You're quoting Tony Benn on the EU?
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 2606 viewsNookiejack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:26 - Mar 4 by Nookiejack

Here’s a Guardian article about Corbyn reigniting labour debate over eu rules on state aid.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/29/corbyn-r
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:37 - Mar 4 with 2604 viewsNookiejack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:28 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

You're quoting Tony Benn on the EU?

Corbyn apparently was inspired by Tony Benn’s position on the EU.
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:53 - Mar 4 with 2591 viewsWarwickHunt

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:37 - Mar 4 by Nookiejack

Corbyn apparently was inspired by Tony Benn’s position on the EU.

In other news: Mafeking relieved.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 22:58 - Mar 5 with 2524 viewsKerouac

So how about that Italian election?
Go on, amuse me, spin it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:15 - Mar 6 with 2481 viewsAnotherJohn

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 21:35 - Mar 4 by Nookiejack

Here’s a Guardian article about Corbyn reigniting labour debate over eu rules on state aid.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/29/corbyn-r

It seems to me that Mr Corbyn is probably nearer the mark on the railways then is the Guardian - a single nationalised integrated railway organisation wouldn't be possible.

https://www.ashurst.com/en/news-and-insights/insights/the-fourth-railway-package
Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:21 - Mar 6 with 2469 viewsFlashberryjack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 22:58 - Mar 5 by Kerouac

So how about that Italian election?
Go on, amuse me, spin it...

The fekwits didn't know what they were voting for.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:25 - Mar 6 with 2465 viewsKerouac

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:21 - Mar 6 by Flashberryjack

Silence from the 'Remainers' I see.

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:33 - Mar 6 with 2459 viewsHighjack

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 17:21 - Mar 6 by Flashberryjack

If only someone had informed them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 07:21 - Mar 7 with 2395 viewsKerouac

Here you go, inform yourselves...

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 09:17 - Mar 7 with 2373 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 12:54 - Mar 7 with 2335 viewsKerouac

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/crippling-illusion-decline/

On the money.

Is the EU trying to give the UK an agreement they can't accept? on 19:10 - Mar 7 with 2296 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024