Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO 16:28 - Feb 28 with 6773 viewsfelixstowe_jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLION FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR ENDING JULY 31, 2017 IN ITS LATEST SET OF ACCOUNTS.
The profit offsets a loss of £14.6 million from the previous year (July 31, 2016) and maintains the club’s long-standing focus on sound financial management.

Turnover for the year was £127.8 million compared with £97.2 million for the previous year. This included an increase of £2 million in commercial revenue to £9.4 million, mainly via additional sponsorship gains.

Total operating costs, including player amortisation costs of £24.2 million, amounted to £150.8 million compared with £117.6 million for the previous year.

A total of £64.1 million was spent investing in the playing squad, with a further £4.5 million invested in the club’s training facilities at Fairwood. This investment was to some extent leveraged by the receivables on certain player disposals.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-confirm-latest-accounts-0

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 16:37 - Feb 28 with 5463 viewsswan65split

The club employed an average of 369 members of staff, including playing staff, during the year at a cost of £98.7 million. This compared with 362 staff members at a cost of £81.8 million the previous year.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 16:53 - Feb 28 with 5399 viewsswanforthemoney

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 16:37 - Feb 28 by swan65split

The club employed an average of 369 members of staff, including playing staff, during the year at a cost of £98.7 million. This compared with 362 staff members at a cost of £81.8 million the previous year.

The extra 7 must be minted.

I stand in the North Stand

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:19 - Feb 28 with 5277 viewsicecoldjack

Can somebody explain just where these 390 people are working ? surely there are a few "no show " jobs tagged in there ?

I understand we are premier league but we all know most of the club is still stuck in L1 when it comes to everything else!

And just how much money is going on this training ground? i was sure £10m has already been spent and now another £4,5m ?

It makes the mind boggle thinking about the numbers involved. how we'd cope with a relegation lord only knows .
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:30 - Feb 28 with 5243 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Any dividends, sorry what dividends paid?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:42 - Feb 28 with 5188 viewssomersetsimon

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:30 - Feb 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

The accounts haven't been filed at Companies House, but they have until April 30th.
Should see the details of payments to directors and dividends then.
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:48 - Feb 28 with 5144 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:30 - Feb 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

This sounds very strange.

The new TV deal helped to produce significantly higher revenues as expected (£127.8m vs £125.4 I forecast), but operating costs surged by nearly 30% producing an operating loss of £22.7million, in what should be the best year for profitability at the start of the new TV deal cycle.

Once again profit on player sales then saved the day generating around £39 m (vs £37.4 I expected).

The question is what caused the massive increase in operating costs?

Flying americans back and forth in first class, or were there some exceptional write offs to bolster 2018? Need to see the detail here.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 5107 viewsShaky

. . . Oops, didn't mean to quote your, manandboy

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:31 - Feb 28 with 4799 viewsclloy2

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:48 - Feb 28 by Shaky

The new TV deal helped to produce significantly higher revenues as expected (£127.8m vs £125.4 I forecast), but operating costs surged by nearly 30% producing an operating loss of £22.7million, in what should be the best year for profitability at the start of the new TV deal cycle.

Once again profit on player sales then saved the day generating around £39 m (vs £37.4 I expected).

Flying americans back and forth in first class, or were there some exceptional write offs to bolster 2018? Need to see the detail here.

It will either be compo paid to the conveyor belt of sacked managers exiting the Liberty in recent years, or paid to our vast network of highly experienced scouts working in every corner of every continent to unearth the vast array of emergent undiscovered talent, which arrive at the Liberty on a never ending fleet of 747's.
Login to get fewer ads

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:31 - Feb 28 with 4793 viewsShaky

One thought occurred to me on the massive increase in operating costs: this may be in large part due to a technical change in accounting policies to write off agents fees in full at signing instead of capitalising them currently (/previously??) , and ammortising them over the life of the players' contracts.

This could probably be justified under the accounting principle of prudence and would have the effect of boosting future profits, and could explain the shortfall in player ammortisation of £24.2m (vs. £27.4m i projected).

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:33 - Feb 28 with 4775 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:31 - Feb 28 by clloy2

It will either be compo paid to the conveyor belt of sacked managers exiting the Liberty in recent years, or paid to our vast network of highly experienced scouts working in every corner of every continent to unearth the vast array of emergent undiscovered talent, which arrive at the Liberty on a never ending fleet of 747's.

The increase is £25 million.

That's a lot!

And some big player names came off the wage bill.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 19:33]

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:35 - Feb 28 with 4764 viewsLord_Bony

Most businesses will report as low a profit as necessary,while stashing a lot off it away legally n assts etc. On the advice of the accountants.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:40 - Feb 28 with 4733 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:35 - Feb 28 by Lord_Bony

Most businesses will report as low a profit as necessary,while stashing a lot off it away legally n assts etc. On the advice of the accountants.

Depends on whether you are putting it in the shop window.

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:43 - Feb 28 with 4716 viewsGaryjack

Those days are over. No way will the Yanks pay any share dividend to the trust.
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:45 - Feb 28 with 4697 viewsTummer_from_Texas

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 16:37 - Feb 28 by swan65split

Misleading number, since half of them are goalkeepers.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:07 - Feb 28 with 4594 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:43 - Feb 28 by Garyjack

Yes, pay more in salaries? Hence the increase in operating costs?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:31 - Feb 28 with 4533 viewsfelixstowe_jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 17:48 - Feb 28 by Shaky

Almost certainly the wage escalation of the players. Wages go up every time they sign a new contract.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 4513 viewsfelixstowe_jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 19:43 - Feb 28 by Garyjack

The Yanks can't pay dividends to the themselves and not to other share holders. They have to pay the same dividends to ALL shareholders.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:35 - Feb 28 with 4504 viewsGaryjack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:34 - Feb 28 by felixstowe_jack

The Yanks can't pay dividends to the themselves and not to other share holders. They have to pay the same dividends to ALL shareholders.

I didn't say otherwise did i?
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:55 - Feb 28 with 4424 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:31 - Feb 28 by felixstowe_jack

Almost certainly the wage escalation of the players. Wages go up every time they sign a new contract.

Ash, Gomis, and Ayew MK I all came off the books at the start of that year, all on very expensive wages (last 2 free transfers).

In came Baston (and Llotente) on Spanish style wages.

I very much doubt wages explain anywhere near the increase in operating costs.

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 4354 viewsTheResurrection

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 20:55 - Feb 28 by Shaky

Ash, Gomis, and Ayew MK I all came off the books at the start of that year, all on very expensive wages (last 2 free transfers).

In came Baston (and Llotente) on Spanish style wages.

I very much doubt wages explain anywhere near the increase in operating costs.

The French pay more in wages do they? Interesting theory there, especially when you think Llorente, a World Cup winner, has been at giants like Juve etc... Time for a spreadsheet.

Also, Siggy had an increase contract around that time and was on stupid money.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:23 - Feb 28 with 4291 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:11 - Feb 28 by TheResurrection

The French pay more in wages do they? Interesting theory there, especially when you think Llorente, a World Cup winner, has been at giants like Juve etc... Time for a spreadsheet.

As I said Gomis had run down his prior contract and was signed on a free.

That means most of the notional 'market' transfer fee was loaded on to his wages which were astronomical. Same was true of A Ayew.

Feel free to ask about the other things you don't understand.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 21:24]

Misology -- It's a bitch

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 4214 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:11 - Feb 28 by TheResurrection

It’s siggy and Llorentes fault again 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 22:13 - Feb 28 with 4102 viewsvetchonian

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 21:42 - Feb 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

It’s siggy and Llorentes fault again 😂

Yep Clement blamed them not being here for getting him the sack when he was on Football f cousin ....Llorente is to blame for us not being able to play Rochadale in the QF to our,

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 3768 viewsawayjack

Those costs still look out of control. Relegation would ruin us financially even with ballon payments so trigger firesale of any players of value. The sale of Siggy and Llorente just after financial year-end will prop up the 2017/18 accounts.

I thought the new Yank COO and our trustworthy Chairman / DOF were going to drive up commercial revenue and slash our costs? Be interesting to see how much was paid to Directors, Consultants and bonuses when accounts published. No doubt we'll get more from info from the Swiss Ramble site than our Trust.
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 10:20 - Mar 1 with 3744 viewsTheResurrection

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 09:59 - Mar 1 by awayjack

Those costs still look out of control. Relegation would ruin us financially even with ballon payments so trigger firesale of any players of value. The sale of Siggy and Llorente just after financial year-end will prop up the 2017/18 accounts.

I thought the new Yank COO and our trustworthy Chairman / DOF were going to drive up commercial revenue and slash our costs? Be interesting to see how much was paid to Directors, Consultants and bonuses when accounts published. No doubt we'll get more from info from the Swiss Ramble site than our Trust.

Didn't it say commercial revenue was up £2m?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024