Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses 19:40 - Mar 1 with 8083 viewsFieryJack

How ironic: despite the severe weather up here, the buses on the main routes have been, largely, going like clockwork.

For two days I've been getting to work on time - by bus.

And why?

Because the useless school-runners and commuters who insist - usually without good reason - on selfishly clogging the roads with their tin cans at rush hour, now find their cars are stranded in snow-choked side streets.

Some of these people, rather than lower themselves by using public transport, cry off work, and claim a "snow day".

Others, with more gumption, sneak up to the local bus stop, and, probably for the first time in years, take a chance with the bus. On they get, red-faced, awkward & unsure of the procedure.

At first I couldn't work out who all these new faces were yesterday morning.

Been fabulous here for two days - rush hour traffic must be at 1/20th of what it normally is. Easy run into and out of the city.

So, all those who claim they don't use public transport because it's unreliable and slow, just get the eff out of your cars & do one.

Of course, it's not going to happen - largely because most of them are too selfish, terrified, vain & snobbish to mix with the pensioners, the poor, the chavs & the "estate people" who they perceive as being the main users of buses.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:13 - Mar 1 with 5803 viewsdickythorpe

Some dreadful levels of personal hygiene on public transport.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:23 - Mar 1 with 5785 viewsLoyal

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:13 - Mar 1 by dickythorpe

Some dreadful levels of personal hygiene on public transport.

A mate of mine fingered an old girl on a bus in neath when we were about 17. She stunk so much she left this milky glaze on his fingers. It was the worst smell ever, it was of nuclear proportions. Nearly 30 years later I still get a hint of that smell when I go round his house.

Never take a biscuit off him. Five of his dogs have died over the years from signs of poisoning.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 5781 viewsFlashberryjack

It depends where you live really, some rural areas have a very limited bus service, if any, especially in snowy conditions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 21:12 - Mar 1 with 5704 viewsFieryJack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:26 - Mar 1 by Flashberryjack

It depends where you live really, some rural areas have a very limited bus service, if any, especially in snowy conditions.

Fair point, Flash.

I was more on about those living in the suburbs who could quite easily get to & from work etc on the bus but can't be arsed for whatever reason.

Walk past a line of traffic at any major junction at 8am and it's car after car after car with just one occupant in each - the driver, and more than likely someone who lives 5 mins from their suburban bus stop.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 21:17 - Mar 1 with 5692 viewsdickythorpe

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 21:12 - Mar 1 by FieryJack

Fair point, Flash.

I was more on about those living in the suburbs who could quite easily get to & from work etc on the bus but can't be arsed for whatever reason.

Walk past a line of traffic at any major junction at 8am and it's car after car after car with just one occupant in each - the driver, and more than likely someone who lives 5 mins from their suburban bus stop.

In fairness you do wonder why some have these expensive vehicles when they live within a few miles of work - where they spend most of their time.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 21:40 - Mar 1 with 5666 viewsDr_Winston

I'd probably still get the bus to work even if/when I pass my test.

It's easier and cheaper than driving into town and finding somewhere to park.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 04:32 - Mar 2 with 5539 viewsMo_Wives

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:23 - Mar 1 by Loyal

A mate of mine fingered an old girl on a bus in neath when we were about 17. She stunk so much she left this milky glaze on his fingers. It was the worst smell ever, it was of nuclear proportions. Nearly 30 years later I still get a hint of that smell when I go round his house.

Never take a biscuit off him. Five of his dogs have died over the years from signs of poisoning.

It's like the old saying goes...

Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day
Give him the chance to finger a girl on a Neath bus and he'll stink of fish for a life time.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 4:42]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 07:22 - Mar 2 with 5485 viewsHighjack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 04:32 - Mar 2 by Mo_Wives

Give him the chance to finger a girl on a Neath bus and he'll stink of fish for a life time.

That was the Dwr-y-felin school motto for a while but they changed it because it was too expensive to put on the badge once they started charging per letter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:49 - Mar 2 with 5377 viewsjack_lord

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 20:23 - Mar 1 by Loyal

Which mate :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 10:26 - Mar 2 with 5348 viewsBarrySwan

Angry bus man alert! Angry bus man alert!

Are you talking about the car drivers whose national taxes and council tax subsidise all the unprofitable routes that would otherwise disappear leaving many regular bus users stranded?

Or are you talking about other car users?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 10:27]
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 11:22 - Mar 2 with 5279 viewsMo_Wives

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:49 - Mar 2 by jack_lord

Which mate :)

Fist bump Frank.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 14:12 - Mar 2 with 5216 viewsFieryJack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 10:26 - Mar 2 by BarrySwan

Angry bus man alert! Angry bus man alert!

Are you talking about the car drivers whose national taxes and council tax subsidise all the unprofitable routes that would otherwise disappear leaving many regular bus users stranded?

Or are you talking about other car users?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 10:27]

Well, I concede you have a point, half a point anyway.

But don't forget

1. Bus users also pay taxes.

2. Most tax payers begrudge something or other that their tax is spent on.

3. The amount spent on subsidising routes is probably a fraction of the money withheld by wealthy tax dodgers.

4. Subsidised bus routes have, you'll probably be pleased to learn, along with local libraries and swimming pools, become a casualty of austerity cuts. E.g. Recently learned to my disgust that there are no longer ANY buses running beyond the town boundary of Bedford on Sundays or Bank Holidays, not even on busy routes to Luton/Northampton/Milton Keynes.

No more Sunday afternoons gulping real ale and scoffing roast lunches in the beer gardens of village pubs in Bedfordshire for me.

Ones quality of life is lamentably curtailed.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 14:37 - Mar 2 with 5192 viewsMo_Wives

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 14:12 - Mar 2 by FieryJack

But don't forget

3. The amount spent on subsidising routes is probably a fraction of the money withheld by wealthy tax dodgers.

4. Subsidised bus routes have, you'll probably be pleased to learn, along with local libraries and swimming pools, become a casualty of austerity cuts. E.g. Recently learned to my disgust that there are no longer ANY buses running beyond the town boundary of Bedford on Sundays or Bank Holidays, not even on busy routes to Luton/Northampton/Milton Keynes.

No more Sunday afternoons gulping real ale and scoffing roast lunches in the beer gardens of village pubs in Bedfordshire for me.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 15:15 - Mar 2 with 5166 viewsFieryJack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 14:37 - Mar 2 by Mo_Wives

😆

Looks like it's about 1982.

Also, it has to be said, all 3 of the car's occupants look like wan*ers themselves!
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 15:21 - Mar 2 with 5162 viewsMo_Wives

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 15:15 - Mar 2 by FieryJack

😆

Looks like it's about 1982.

Also, it has to be said, all 3 of the car's occupants look like wan*ers themselves!

Fair points, my friend.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 16:22 - Mar 2 with 5127 viewsjack2jack

Took the car in to work this morning, no problem,hardly any cars on the road, and in fairness the council had done a great job gritting, so now I have an extra days annual leave that I wouldn't have had if I'd rolled over this morning and said fck it.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 00:48 - Mar 3 with 5017 viewspikeypaul

A "snow day" no wonder productivity is down when the working class are given any reason to stay in bed and not turn up for work. They will be crying for a "heavy rain" or "windy" day off work next.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 01:25 - Mar 3 with 5009 viewsjack_lord

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 00:48 - Mar 3 by pikeypaul

A "snow day" no wonder productivity is down when the working class are given any reason to stay in bed and not turn up for work. They will be crying for a "heavy rain" or "windy" day off work next.

I was on annual leave today thank goodness.

My wife works in Singleton Hospital and they sent them all home yesterday morning.

No they fecking didn't and if there had been any bigger problem with the weather they would have either been collected or had to make their way to the nearest NHS location.

If I had been working today and couldn't make it in then unless I had shown I had made every effort to get there I would have had a day unpaid leave.

It makes you wonder how public services survive when they can afford to pay thousands of staff to stay at home.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 01:40 - Mar 3 with 5004 viewsDJack

Oddly enough the actual facts are that the "working class" never get a snow day, windy day or whatever a dickhead facist says. They lose pay which is something that they cannot afford to do.

Any factual reply or are you going to post your usual gubbins?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 08:31 - Mar 3 with 4940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 14:12 - Mar 2 by FieryJack

But don't forget

That's a privatised transport system for you. Comrade Jezza will extend bus and rail services. Trying to get away from Cardiff late in the evening is quite annoying, even on a weekend night. Last year there was a 11pm train, an 11.35 then nothing til 1.30 in the morning. Transport has to be improved for the sake of the economy, it's strangling growth IMHO

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 08:53 - Mar 3 with 4927 viewsFieryJack

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 08:31 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

That's a privatised transport system for you. Comrade Jezza will extend bus and rail services. Trying to get away from Cardiff late in the evening is quite annoying, even on a weekend night. Last year there was a 11pm train, an 11.35 then nothing til 1.30 in the morning. Transport has to be improved for the sake of the economy, it's strangling growth IMHO

Damn right 👍

Coincidentally, the Green Party - not that I'm member - will be debating their train/bus and integrated transport policy at their conference in Bournemouth (?) today.
Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:12 - Mar 3 with 4918 viewsPrivate_Partz

What a load of class cobblers.
In your world the bosses strive to get to work whilst those that create wealth for them dodge the column and stay home at every opportunity.
This weather was exceptional. It did not happen here but we had 55 cm of snow a few miles up the road.
I doubt even you could have got to work in your 20 year old Porsche 4 x 4 with a personalised number plate. Still it would have been a good day for the portfolio. ;-)
The days of family friendly employment have long gone. The majority of those that failed to get to work will pay for it in wage deductions or annual leave.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2018 9:31]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:26 - Mar 3 with 4899 viewsPrivate_Partz

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 04:32 - Mar 2 by Mo_Wives

Uch a vee! You two should be ashamed. I hope no one reading this is having kippers for breakfast. ;-)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2018 9:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:35 - Mar 3 with 4876 viewsMo_Wives

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:26 - Mar 3 by Private_Partz

Uch a vee! You two should be ashamed. I hope no one reading this is having kippers for breakfast. ;-)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2018 9:28]

Don't blame me. That's a direct quote from 'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius....probably!

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:46 - Mar 3 with 4864 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car Drivers Sneaking Onto Buses on 09:35 - Mar 3 by Mo_Wives

Don't blame me. That's a direct quote from 'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius....probably!

Russell Crowe was great as him in Gladiator.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024