Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homeless in the snow 20:55 - Mar 1 with 1999 viewsLord_Bony

Many clubs and caterers are helping the homeless during this time with hot food and accommodation. Cant be much fun in a shop doorway in this weather...poor sods.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/16059304.Businesses_rally_to_help_homeless

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Homeless in the snow on 20:57 - Mar 1 with 1984 viewsJimmyGilligan

Get Angel Rangel out there with Reeco in his 4x4, they'll all have hot meals and a place to stay by midnight.
Homeless in the snow on 21:10 - Mar 1 with 1960 viewsDarran

Don’t get me wrong here because I slept in the car down Morriston Hospital on Christmas week and I was freezing and it was nothing like this but you see all these people going nuts about the poor homeless on social media for Neath and not one of the çunts would offer for one of homeless people to have their sofa for the night. Get on my tits they do preaching to the masses and doing nowt.

Saw a girl in Swansea yesterday outside the old C&A with hell of a mess on her face it looked like she’d been beaten up so we gave her a fiver.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Homeless in the snow on 21:10 - Mar 1 with 1960 viewsjack2jack

Hope they can all find refuge, for the next couple of days at least, it is bloody Baltic out there. Big up to all those volunteers out there giving a helping hand in these atrocious conditions.👍
Homeless in the snow on 21:14 - Mar 1 with 1946 viewsDarran

Homeless in the snow on 21:10 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

Hope they can all find refuge, for the next couple of days at least, it is bloody Baltic out there. Big up to all those volunteers out there giving a helping hand in these atrocious conditions.👍

THe Mission Hall is open all night in Neath tonight.

Homeless in the snow on 21:14 - Mar 1 with 1946 viewsdickythorpe

Listening to radio wales and a female reporter was live on the streets, one lady didn't want any help or direction to a shelter offering hot food and rest. Heartbreaking.
Homeless in the snow on 21:18 - Mar 1 with 1926 viewsjack2jack

Homeless in the snow on 21:10 - Mar 1 by Darran

Don’t get me wrong here because I slept in the car down Morriston Hospital on Christmas week and I was freezing and it was nothing like this but you see all these people going nuts about the poor homeless on social media for Neath and not one of the çunts would offer for one of homeless people to have their sofa for the night. Get on my tits they do preaching to the masses and doing nowt.

Saw a girl in Swansea yesterday outside the old C&A with hell of a mess on her face it looked like she’d been beaten up so we gave her a fiver.

If it's the same one, gave her some hot food a couple of weeks ago, she was in a right state.Hope she's indoors somewhere tonight.
Homeless in the snow on 21:20 - Mar 1 with 1919 viewsDarran

Homeless in the snow on 21:18 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

If it's the same one, gave her some hot food a couple of weeks ago, she was in a right state.Hope she's indoors somewhere tonight.

The wife had a brief chat with her and she said she’d ended up on the streets through domestic abuse.

Homeless in the snow on 21:20 - Mar 1 with 1917 viewsLord_Bony

There's now a phone app for the public to alert local authorities as to where a homeless person is to give them shelter. A fair few will die over the next few days.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/01/record-number-homeless-alerts-freezi

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Homeless in the snow on 21:24 - Mar 1 with 1899 viewsJackfath

I was out on my bike last week. I was waiting for a chum on the sail bridge and there was a young man sitting at the end of the bridge, obviously homeless. I was waiting about 5 m away from him for around 5 minutes. During that time the amount of people that walked past and ignored him as he tried to engage was dreadful. I went over and struck up a conversation with him. His story was one which is all too familiar. It's only a few bad decisions/events that can happen and we could all be like this.

There by the Grace of "God" go I.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Homeless in the snow on 21:24 - Mar 1 with 1894 viewsjack2jack

Homeless in the snow on 21:14 - Mar 1 by Darran

THe Mission Hall is open all night in Neath tonight.

Excellent,i think there's a few church halls etc open too.
Homeless in the snow on 21:27 - Mar 1 with 1880 viewsjack2jack

Homeless in the snow on 21:20 - Mar 1 by Darran

The wife had a brief chat with her and she said she’d ended up on the streets through domestic abuse.

Awful Dar, when I spoke to her she seemed decent enough, and thanked me for my kindness.
Homeless in the snow on 21:29 - Mar 1 with 1868 viewsDarran

Homeless in the snow on 21:27 - Mar 1 by jack2jack

Awful Dar, when I spoke to her she seemed decent enough, and thanked me for my kindness.

She was very polite.

Homeless in the snow on 21:34 - Mar 1 with 1843 viewsjack2jack

Homeless in the snow on 21:29 - Mar 1 by Darran

She was very polite.

Indeed she was.
Homeless in the snow on 22:13 - Mar 1 with 1768 viewsbuilthjack

Nobody should be on the street in this weather. Poor buggers.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Homeless in the snow on 16:57 - Mar 2 with 1578 viewsPrivate_Partz

Homeless in the snow on 21:24 - Mar 1 by Jackfath

I was out on my bike last week. I was waiting for a chum on the sail bridge and there was a young man sitting at the end of the bridge, obviously homeless. I was waiting about 5 m away from him for around 5 minutes. During that time the amount of people that walked past and ignored him as he tried to engage was dreadful. I went over and struck up a conversation with him. His story was one which is all too familiar. It's only a few bad decisions/events that can happen and we could all be like this.

There by the Grace of "God" go I.

He was there again today JF. Sitting on the deck in the biting sub zero wind. I gave him the change I had.
You never know what to do for the best. Should you offer cash so a potential drug or alcohol addiction can be fed? Or get them a hot drink and a sandwich?
They all have a story. Some seem so mentally screwed up that they are not capable of living in sheltered accomodation. In such cases should they be deemed mentally ill and supported as such?
There are also some serious questions about some of the sheltered accomodation on offer to the homeless. Apparently some of it is so bad that sleeping on the street is the better option.
This situation should never happen in the 6th richest Country in the world and it is a scenario that has escalated over the last decade. Guess who has been in power for most of that time......
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 16:58]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Homeless in the snow on 17:25 - Mar 2 with 1535 viewsSoberBaker

Homeless in the snow on 21:29 - Mar 1 by Darran

She was very polite.

Is she smart?

If so, I might know of a bed going spare.

AMOW

Homeless in the snow on 17:34 - Mar 2 with 1517 viewsJackfath

Homeless in the snow on 16:57 - Mar 2 by Private_Partz

He was there again today JF. Sitting on the deck in the biting sub zero wind. I gave him the change I had.
You never know what to do for the best. Should you offer cash so a potential drug or alcohol addiction can be fed? Or get them a hot drink and a sandwich?
They all have a story. Some seem so mentally screwed up that they are not capable of living in sheltered accomodation. In such cases should they be deemed mentally ill and supported as such?
There are also some serious questions about some of the sheltered accomodation on offer to the homeless. Apparently some of it is so bad that sleeping on the street is the better option.
This situation should never happen in the 6th richest Country in the world and it is a scenario that has escalated over the last decade. Guess who has been in power for most of that time......
[Post edited 2 Mar 2018 16:58]

He told me he sits there as he doesn't want to be associated with the drink and drugs in the centre of town. I didn't give him anything when I was chatting to him but he thanked me for stopping and speaking to him. He genuinely seemed pleased someone had done so.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Homeless in the snow on 17:38 - Mar 2 with 1511 viewsSwanjaxs

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/sunderland-football-club-open-doors-to-the-h

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Homeless in the snow on 17:40 - Mar 2 with 1507 viewsJackfath

Homeless in the snow on 17:38 - Mar 2 by Swanjaxs

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/sunderland-football-club-open-doors-to-the-h

Maybe some of them will help keep them in the Championship.

Homeless in the snow on 18:04 - Mar 2 with 1476 viewsFlashberryjack

If anyone has any decent furniture they want to get rid of, and help a worthy cause at the same time..
Caer Las Cymru. They help the homeless and people threatened to be made homeless, they run a furniture scheme just down the road from the Liberty stadium near livermore's.

If possible they will collect your unwanted furniture or electrical goods, in fact they take anything that may have a resale value.
They also do house clearing, give them a ring on 01792 653553..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024