Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR: Yes or No? 14:43 - Mar 3 with 2439 viewswestwalesed

VAR: Yes or No?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

VAR: Yes or No? on 14:44 - Mar 3 with 2092 viewswestwalesed

My personal view is that it kills the flow of the game and is incompatible with football.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

VAR: Yes or No? on 14:53 - Mar 3 with 2059 viewssherpajacob

"Smaller" clubs like us who get routinely shafted by officials should be all in favour.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

VAR: Yes or No? on 14:54 - Mar 3 with 2059 viewsunion_jack

In principle it's a yes but in practice it doesn't work as the game stops for too long.

Can't see a way of speeding it up.

Because if that, a no from me.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:04 - Mar 3 with 1973 viewsAnotherJohn

It is the big clubs (and their media pals) who don't like it. I don't mind the odd four-minute wait if it means we don't get screwed over with the same depressing regularity.
VAR: Yes or No? on 19:15 - Mar 3 with 1959 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:04 - Mar 3 by AnotherJohn

It is the big clubs (and their media pals) who don't like it. I don't mind the odd four-minute wait if it means we don't get screwed over with the same depressing regularity.

Graham Scott was the VAR referee for Spurs v Rochdale, we need to get rid of the likes of him and Madley first.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:17 - Mar 3 with 1951 viewssainthelens

If we get past Spurs and get Chelski/ Manure in semi, we WILL need it to stop us getting shafted.
VAR: Yes or No? on 19:20 - Mar 3 with 1938 viewsjack2jack

No, not in its present shambolic state.
Even if they sort it out, I'm still tempted to say No.
VAR: Yes or No? on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 1930 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:15 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Graham Scott was the VAR referee for Spurs v Rochdale, we need to get rid of the likes of him and Madley first.

Mr Scott just missed the most blatant penalty for Liverpool, he's useless.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:59 - Mar 3 with 1910 viewsBrynCartwright

I do approve of VAR as it should establish correct decisions.

However, there are serious problems in the prolonged time it takes to make the decisions and how the stadium fans are left in limbo.

The camera coverage has to be shown in stadium. Why this has been left out is baffling.

VAR in rugby helps the game and this has to be replicated in football.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

VAR: Yes or No? on 20:02 - Mar 3 with 1895 viewsZZoric

ofc its Yes

those that cant see that are a bit thick
VAR: Yes or No? on 20:47 - Mar 3 with 1865 viewsAguycalledJack

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:04 - Mar 3 by AnotherJohn

This.
VAR: Yes or No? on 20:49 - Mar 3 with 1853 viewsNeath_Jack

VAR: Yes or No? on 19:59 - Mar 3 by BrynCartwright

I do approve of VAR as it should establish correct decisions.

However, there are serious problems in the prolonged time it takes to make the decisions and how the stadium fans are left in limbo.

The camera coverage has to be shown in stadium. Why this has been left out is baffling.

VAR in rugby helps the game and this has to be replicated in football.

Football people are far too snobby to consult with the rugby lot.

It's worked in Rugby for years, so the natural thing to do, would be to speak to them and see what's what.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

VAR: Yes or No? on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 1849 viewsJackFish

So much in football is subjective that VAR is pointless. It also kills the flow of the game completely and so far hasn't helped improve the decisions, they hate it in Germany and Italy as well.
VAR: Yes or No? on 21:14 - Mar 3 with 1828 viewsZZoric

VAR: Yes or No? on 20:50 - Mar 3 by JackFish

So much in football is subjective that VAR is pointless. It also kills the flow of the game completely and so far hasn't helped improve the decisions, they hate it in Germany and Italy as well.

oh dear - the first sentence, is all
VAR: Yes or No? on 21:59 - Mar 3 with 1801 viewsploppy

If they can make a decision in 20secs then yes. Otherwise it kills the game. I don't care that it works in rugby, cricket and tennis - those sports are start/stop sports anyway.
VAR: Yes or No? on 23:29 - Mar 3 with 1770 viewszedlep

Only a total dick wouldn’t want anything but the correct call in any sporting competition. The problem is keeping supporters occupied while making a decision. As in so many situations, learn from rugby union/rugby league/tennis/cricket and show the deliberations on screen. No biggie just stop thinking football and it’s viewers are something different/special.

Zedzdead

VAR: Yes or No? on 23:34 - Mar 3 with 1760 viewsexiledclaseboy

Only for line decisions. Show four people a penalty shout and you could get four different views. Subjective. Line decisions only otherwise no.

Poll: Tory leader

VAR: Yes or No? on 01:00 - Mar 4 with 1715 viewsJack_Kass

No way they'll show the replay footage on a big screen, they were not allowed to do so before VAR.

Why? Because it will incite trouble with the one set of fans it inevitably will not favour.

You only have to see this thread as an example for how insecure some fans are, imagine if 16,000 Swans fans see the incident on a screen, but the referee gives the decision the other way, pandemonium.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 1:00]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

VAR: Yes or No? on 01:28 - Mar 4 with 1696 viewshobo

VAR: Yes or No? on 20:50 - Mar 3 by JackFish

And Australia. Seemingly in this country too. Pretty much wherever it's been trialed it's been a failure!
VAR: Yes or No? on 05:37 - Mar 4 with 1665 viewsTownhill_Hilton

I've seen video technology introduced in Rugby, rugby league and cricket. There are always teething problems, but nowhere has it not been better than what went before. It takes time to work out what to refer, and for the TV officials to literally get up to speed. But you can't go back just because it isn't working perfectly straight off.
VAR: Yes or No? on 10:12 - Mar 4 with 1616 viewsNeath_Jack

VAR: Yes or No? on 01:00 - Mar 4 by Jack_Kass

No way they'll show the replay footage on a big screen, they were not allowed to do so before VAR.

Why? Because it will incite trouble with the one set of fans it inevitably will not favour.

You only have to see this thread as an example for how insecure some fans are, imagine if 16,000 Swans fans see the incident on a screen, but the referee gives the decision the other way, pandemonium.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 1:00]

Incite trouble? Come on, it isn't 1987 anymore.

Do you expect mass pitch invasions?

The reality will be that the aggrieved fans will shout and boo a bit, and that'll be it. Same as when we think we've been wronged now.

It's 2018, it's time that football fans are stopped being treated like absolute animals.

And if, any crowd over step the mark, then the club gets hit with a points deduction, it wouldn't happen again.

For the record, i don't think it works at the moment, but that's not to say that they can't make improvements to it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

VAR: Yes or No? on 10:17 - Mar 4 with 1609 viewsJackfath

If they aren't allowed to show the footage of the incident whilst VAR is being consulted, then at least have a running commentary on the screens to alert fans to what is being discussed. Then a dramatic "heartbeat" sound with the words "decision pending" and then the dramatic reveal! Superb drama which will add to the match day experience.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

VAR: Yes or No? on 10:26 - Mar 4 with 1596 viewsBobby_Fischer

VAR: Yes or No? on 23:34 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

Only for line decisions. Show four people a penalty shout and you could get four different views. Subjective. Line decisions only otherwise no.

Exactly, its just another opinion.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

VAR: Yes or No? on 10:47 - Mar 4 with 1585 viewsJack_Kass

VAR: Yes or No? on 10:12 - Mar 4 by Neath_Jack

Incite trouble? Come on, it isn't 1987 anymore.

Do you expect mass pitch invasions?

The reality will be that the aggrieved fans will shout and boo a bit, and that'll be it. Same as when we think we've been wronged now.

It's 2018, it's time that football fans are stopped being treated like absolute animals.

And if, any crowd over step the mark, then the club gets hit with a points deduction, it wouldn't happen again.

For the record, i don't think it works at the moment, but that's not to say that they can't make improvements to it.

It isn't, but in the mindset of authorities, it is still 1987, when dealing with controlling the game

We haven't been allowed to drink in the stand since 1985

We haven't been allowed to stand in new stadia, or at the top level since 1992.

We've had mandatory segregation since 1974.

Would you expect any of these to change because its 2018? A genuine question, because they're a hangover of a different era, but still influence the game today.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 10:48]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

VAR: Yes or No? on 10:55 - Mar 4 with 1568 viewsDewi1jack

Yes as an answer.

Not sure at the mo refs aren't railing against new technology that shows them up.
Certainly as some of them are totally unfit for purpose.
Think it'll improve.
May just have stopped the likes of Bobby giving a penalty to the opposition when no-one but the Stoke goalie asked for it.
B'stard 2-0 down to 3-2 up and the tw@ does that

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024