Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew 17:11 - Mar 3 with 11616 viewsGaz_M

What a difference he made. He's not the most dynamic player, but he's aggressive and he's always a threat. We're a very, very different proposition when he's on the pitch compared to Dyer fvcking about.
Andre Ayew on 13:11 - Mar 5 with 1758 viewsmonmouth

Andre Ayew on 07:21 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

He's played in a West Ham side that haven't been particularly brilliant, suffered one big injury, yet still managed twelve goals in 31 starts for them.

Looking back across his career he averages a goal every three starts. For a player who often plays wider rather than as a central striker that's a damn good return.

If he carries on in the vein he started then £18m will be cheap.

Shame he didn't get one on Saturday. Everything but.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Andre Ayew on 13:49 - Mar 5 with 1712 viewsLeonWasGod

Andre Ayew on 04:50 - Mar 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Certainly It's no coincidence; he earned us several in 15-16.

Yep, it's that 'clever' bit about him. Although it borders on Deli Alli-esque at times.

Based on the limited amount of time we've seen him, I think he looks very well suited to playing up along his brother in a front two. We're probably better suited to him now than we were last time he was with us (I thought we struggled to find his best role back then).
Andre Ayew on 14:02 - Mar 5 with 1680 viewsJackSkellington

Andre Ayew on 13:49 - Mar 5 by LeonWasGod

Yep, it's that 'clever' bit about him. Although it borders on Deli Alli-esque at times.

Based on the limited amount of time we've seen him, I think he looks very well suited to playing up along his brother in a front two. We're probably better suited to him now than we were last time he was with us (I thought we struggled to find his best role back then).

No what Andre does is different to Alli. He frequently puts himself in situations which he might not be able to get much from himself, but panics defenders and forces the foul. Another good example was away to Everton when he chased down Stones' sloppy backpass. Even if he'd got the ball his shooting angle would probably have been too tight to score, but it panicked Howard into fouling him and we got a penalty. We've been missing that nous big time since he left.
Andre Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsLeonWasGod

Andre Ayew on 14:02 - Mar 5 by JackSkellington

No what Andre does is different to Alli. He frequently puts himself in situations which he might not be able to get much from himself, but panics defenders and forces the foul. Another good example was away to Everton when he chased down Stones' sloppy backpass. Even if he'd got the ball his shooting angle would probably have been too tight to score, but it panicked Howard into fouling him and we got a penalty. We've been missing that nous big time since he left.

Yep, I agree with that, it wasn't meant to be a comparison so much as a comment about how easily Ayew can go down. I'm not convinced he wasn't well on the way to the floor on Saturday before there was contact for the pen, for example. Definitely a 'clever' player, but it sits a bit uneasily with me at times (although granted everyone else does it).
Andre Ayew on 09:40 - Mar 7 with 1517 viewsShaky

Andre Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 5 by LeonWasGod

Yep, I agree with that, it wasn't meant to be a comparison so much as a comment about how easily Ayew can go down. I'm not convinced he wasn't well on the way to the floor on Saturday before there was contact for the pen, for example. Definitely a 'clever' player, but it sits a bit uneasily with me at times (although granted everyone else does it).

Absolutely. Clever quite clearly being the new user-friendly euphemism for cheat.

Can't stand cheats, and our Andre is one of the biggest ones out there.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Andre Ayew on 09:43 - Mar 7 with 1512 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew on 09:40 - Mar 7 by Shaky

Absolutely. Clever quite clearly being the new user-friendly euphemism for cheat.

Can't stand cheats, and our Andre is one of the biggest ones out there.

How is drawing a foul classed as cheating? I have never, if memory serves, seen Andre blatantly dive.
Andre Ayew on 09:48 - Mar 7 with 1506 viewsShaky

Andre Ayew on 09:43 - Mar 7 by 34dfgdf54

How is drawing a foul classed as cheating? I have never, if memory serves, seen Andre blatantly dive.

Really?

That must be becasue he is so clever.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Andre Ayew on 09:50 - Mar 7 with 1502 viewsSTID2017

Andre Ayew on 14:32 - Mar 5 by LeonWasGod

Just looked at it over and over, and Andre is running past Kouyate, who then sticks his foot out in front of Andre's right foot to send him tumbling.
Not sure AA would have scored or anything otherwise, but it was a senseless penalty to give away and nailed on

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew on 10:36 - Mar 7 with 1463 viewsWarwickHunt

Andre Ayew on 09:50 - Mar 7 by STID2017

Just looked at it over and over, and Andre is running past Kouyate, who then sticks his foot out in front of Andre's right foot to send him tumbling.
Not sure AA would have scored or anything otherwise, but it was a senseless penalty to give away and nailed on

A soft one and he played for it. We've copped quite a few of those - nice to get one for a change.

He's certainly no Dele Alli or Ashley Young though.
Andre Ayew on 11:07 - Mar 7 with 1430 viewsShaky

Andre Ayew on 10:36 - Mar 7 by WarwickHunt

A soft one and he played for it. We've copped quite a few of those - nice to get one for a change.

He's certainly no Dele Alli or Ashley Young though.

Agreed. He is much better, or more clever if you like.

He has achieved near total perfection of the dangling trailing leg technique, employed once again so effectively on Saturday.

He let's himself down only occasionally when he doesn't draw any contact then finds himself literally without a leg to stand on and falls over sheepishly. Hoping not to get booked.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Andre Ayew on 12:00 - Mar 7 with 1401 viewsShaky

Edit: oops
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 12:04]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Andre Ayew on 12:58 - Mar 7 with 1346 viewsSWANSEYE

Totally agree with AA input . . He's constantly in their faces and I am sure will shortly starting findng the net . .Hopefully starting this Saturday !!!
Andre Ayew on 13:01 - Mar 7 with 1343 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew on 09:48 - Mar 7 by Shaky

Really?

That must be becasue he is so clever.

You've completely lost me.
Andre Ayew on 13:37 - Mar 7 with 1318 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Andre Ayew on 11:05 - Mar 4 by nierika

I was wondering how much resentment from his experience at West Ham was motivating him

Am I allowed to say, well done Huw Jenkins, in bringing him back + CC wanted him big time, if you read previous press articles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024