Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk to Birmingham?? 19:30 - Mar 3 with 13308 viewsGroo

League One next year then.

Groo does what Groo does best

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:45 - Mar 6 with 3929 viewsDewi1jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:24 - Mar 5 by jack247

They’d be better to watch under Monk

They'd still not be good to watch under anaesthetic

And Thornaby.
Only way Lexi would like Inverness is if they've not got letterboxes up there

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:34 - Mar 6 with 3859 viewsmajorraglan

Boro seem to be gathering some momentum, they are 1up and they are up in to the play off places along with Villa and Fulham who seem to be hitting some form.
Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:47 - Mar 6 with 3829 viewsthornabyswan

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:34 - Mar 6 by majorraglan

Boro seem to be gathering some momentum, they are 1up and they are up in to the play off places along with Villa and Fulham who seem to be hitting some form.

The bottlers still have to go to Villa and Derby and play Wolves at home.
Fulham for automatic.
Boro to win the play offs happy days.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:54 - Mar 6 with 3801 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:47 - Mar 6 by thornabyswan

The bottlers still have to go to Villa and Derby and play Wolves at home.
Fulham for automatic.
Boro to win the play offs happy days.

Wolves lose away to Leeds tomorrow
Cardiff will beat Birmingham
Wolves v villa Saturday....wolves win ?
Preston v Fulham Fulham win? Doubt it.

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:57 - Mar 6 with 3799 viewsFireboy2

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:54 - Mar 6 by byron

Wolves lose away to Leeds tomorrow
Cardiff will beat Birmingham
Wolves v villa Saturday....wolves win ?
Preston v Fulham Fulham win? Doubt it.

As supertramp once sung

Dreamer nothing but a dreamer
Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 3788 viewsthornabyswan

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:57 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

As supertramp once sung

Dreamer nothing but a dreamer

16000 odd watching pretty pathetic.
Norwich Sunderland Fulham all had bigger crowds even Birmingham had 18000.
Crap support for the cloggers.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:48 - Mar 6 with 3731 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:02 - Mar 6 by thornabyswan

16000 odd watching pretty pathetic.
Norwich Sunderland Fulham all had bigger crowds even Birmingham had 18000.
Crap support for the cloggers.

RIP football. It’s gone

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:58 - Mar 6 with 3722 viewsTNT

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:48 - Mar 6 by byron

RIP football. It’s gone

You've never had a reputation for playing decent football, by.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk to Birmingham?? on 03:18 - Mar 7 with 3650 viewsDewi1jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:58 - Mar 6 by TNT

You've never had a reputation for playing decent football, by.

Behave mun.
They've had the best memories of their lifetime under the JB Vincent Tan.

Sad really.
Best times in Living memory...

Losing at Wembley (more than once)
Promotion to the Prem (and one season of abject failure- losing to nearly everyone more than once)
Oh but they won their major game- the only 1 game that matters to them (even though Drizzle are their rivals) all season against us.
Congrats. That kept you up in the Prem didn't it?

Whereas, we've had very limited success in the Prem, surviving totally on luck.
Struggling to beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal etc at home or away on many occasions.
Being given the League cup because the FA felt sorry for us- 'cos we Welsh bro innit like.
Lucky wins in Spain and at home meaning we nearly struggled to complete the season in the Prem after.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 07:26 - Mar 7 with 3598 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 03:18 - Mar 7 by Dewi1jack

Behave mun.
They've had the best memories of their lifetime under the JB Vincent Tan.

Sad really.
Best times in Living memory...

Losing at Wembley (more than once)
Promotion to the Prem (and one season of abject failure- losing to nearly everyone more than once)
Oh but they won their major game- the only 1 game that matters to them (even though Drizzle are their rivals) all season against us.
Congrats. That kept you up in the Prem didn't it?

Whereas, we've had very limited success in the Prem, surviving totally on luck.
Struggling to beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal etc at home or away on many occasions.
Being given the League cup because the FA felt sorry for us- 'cos we Welsh bro innit like.
Lucky wins in Spain and at home meaning we nearly struggled to complete the season in the Prem after.

Don’t be so bitter dewi, enjoy it while it lasts.
There is so much more to life than football. It’s almost irrelevant to every person I know.
Reckon if Tan hadn’t fired MM we’d have stayed up anyway. Fine margins in the PL as you know and we did beat you lot and Man City, the winners.

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 08:10 - Mar 7 with 3572 viewsWhiterockin

Monk to Birmingham?? on 07:26 - Mar 7 by byron

Don’t be so bitter dewi, enjoy it while it lasts.
There is so much more to life than football. It’s almost irrelevant to every person I know.
Reckon if Tan hadn’t fired MM we’d have stayed up anyway. Fine margins in the PL as you know and we did beat you lot and Man City, the winners.

Means feck all when you get relegated.
Monk to Birmingham?? on 08:34 - Mar 7 with 3552 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 08:10 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Means feck all when you get relegated.

Meant f all to me anyway, didn’t go to one game, or the season before. To be honest whether we’d stayed up or not I think it’s a very messed up place, just all about cash and the big 6. The rest are just cattle fodder phuckin about down below, paying out enormous salaries to journeymen in the take.

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 08:57 - Mar 7 with 3528 viewsSTID2017

Started off as he means to go on - defeated but still coming out with the "Saw lots of positives" type statement
I don't think he'll survive once they are relegated

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Monk to Birmingham?? on 15:50 - Mar 7 with 3452 viewsicecoldjack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:25 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

The injury that stopped him going on loan to Bristol City was a real "Sliding Doors" moment. Had he gone then we might have been spared his reign as a manager.

There are plenty of people that heard his "back injury "was a ploy to hang around the club longer stirring up trouble and looking after the clique .
Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:07 - Mar 7 with 3432 viewsswancity

Monk to Birmingham?? on 08:34 - Mar 7 by byron

Meant f all to me anyway, didn’t go to one game, or the season before. To be honest whether we’d stayed up or not I think it’s a very messed up place, just all about cash and the big 6. The rest are just cattle fodder phuckin about down below, paying out enormous salaries to journeymen in the take.

You're either on a wind up or a simpleton. You might be both. One thing you are not though is a football fan or supporter. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:28 - Mar 7 with 3419 viewsvetchonian

Monk to Birmingham?? on 15:50 - Mar 7 by icecoldjack

There are plenty of people that heard his "back injury "was a ploy to hang around the club longer stirring up trouble and looking after the clique .

To be honest I am now past caring Monk is 4 managers ago I am more concerned with the here and now...Yes past events have brought us to where we are and central to that is Huw Jenkins who spends/dt too much at the training ground undermining managers by being "too approachable" to players.
That said it is water under the bridge we are now on our 5th manager (excluding Curt for 2 interim terms and Leon for his little stint ) since Laudrup..you could say 7 if you include the two club legends and for the third season in succession clinging to PL survival by our fingernails....for what its worth I think the Laudrup sacking and MOnks appointment saved us from potential relegation in that season BUT Monk should never have been appointed the following season....especially with such a "weak" backroom staff. Just to prove me wrong we went on to achive our highest PL finish that season but the writing was already on the pitch most of the football played was dire to watch.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:21 - Mar 7 with 3377 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:07 - Mar 7 by swancity

You're either on a wind up or a simpleton. You might be both. One thing you are not though is a football fan or supporter. 👍🏻

Yeah I’m a realist. Reading in here how many have had it with modern football over the last year or 2, maybe just when you are flirting with relegation, given, then it seems to disappear a bit when doing better. But in general you have fans like that. I’ve even met a few. Had a lovely chat with a nice jack and his misses around 2 years ago in palma airport. Said he was over the premier league already, it didn’t feel quite right etc...preferred the old days of crazy away days in the lash. I thought he was winding me up but was chatt8ng for sometime and he wasn’t. I think it’s a South Wales thing personally.

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:36 - Mar 7 with 3362 viewsDewi1jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:07 - Mar 7 by swancity

Doesn't matter either way.
Insignificant. Just like his team.
The Midlands teams are our rivals now.
If/ when we get relegated then Drizzle City and the vermin will become our rivals again.

Unless either of them can steal a promotion before/ if we ever go down.
We may just have pulled a rabbit out of the hat this season. Again
We can't keep doing it- Sunderland tried that!

Monk to Birmingham?? on 20:43 - Mar 7 with 3297 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:36 - Mar 7 by Dewi1jack

Doesn't matter either way.
Insignificant. Just like his team.
The Midlands teams are our rivals now.
If/ when we get relegated then Drizzle City and the vermin will become our rivals again.

Unless either of them can steal a promotion before/ if we ever go down.
We may just have pulled a rabbit out of the hat this season. Again
We can't keep doing it- Sunderland tried that!

You got it butt. Villa were historically our rivals, Swansea town were nothing back then, but like we all view Merthyr or Newport now if you like. I guess they are still our rivals looking at the table...lol...you can have the Albion I guess

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:20 - May 6 with 2608 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk to Birmingham?? on 01:20 - May 7 with 2367 viewsKilkennyjack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 20:43 - Mar 7 by byron

You got it butt. Villa were historically our rivals, Swansea town were nothing back then, but like we all view Merthyr or Newport now if you like. I guess they are still our rivals looking at the table...lol...you can have the Albion I guess

In over 100 years, Cardiff City have never beaten Swans twice in the league in one season. Fact.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024