Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 22:50 - Mar 3 with 5087 viewsGeoffThom

Watching today and again on motd ,what the feck is going on with the pitch it’s bloody awful this year .
Somebody needs to go cap in hand to the Aussie and get him back was never like this under him
Pitch on 22:57 - Mar 3 with 5034 viewsoldgrey

I think the bad weather during January did for it, the Tottenham game in particular. Plus all those extra cup replays. The occasional outings by the mud rollers don't help either.
Mind you, when we beat Arsenal (during the Van Poncy era) Wenger blamed the state of the pitch then.
Pitch on 08:45 - Mar 4 with 4656 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pitch on 22:57 - Mar 3 by oldgrey

I think the bad weather during January did for it, the Tottenham game in particular. Plus all those extra cup replays. The occasional outings by the mud rollers don't help either.
Mind you, when we beat Arsenal (during the Van Poncy era) Wenger blamed the state of the pitch then.

That year we won the best pitch in the PL award. The only club to have a dual use pitch ever to win it.

This season has been a very bad won weather wise. Can't remember the last time we had as many games played in the pouring rain.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Pitch on 08:49 - Mar 4 with 4642 viewsDr_Winston

It's a bit bare but I don't think it's bumpy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pitch on 08:50 - Mar 4 with 4636 viewsSTID2017

Pitch on 08:45 - Mar 4 by felixstowe_jack

That year we won the best pitch in the PL award. The only club to have a dual use pitch ever to win it.

This season has been a very bad won weather wise. Can't remember the last time we had as many games played in the pouring rain.

Used to sit at the front of the South.
So glad I moved seats, the view from my nice dry seat at tge back is so much better

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Pitch on 08:53 - Mar 4 with 4622 viewsShonky

It was way worse as few years back. The left back slot in front of the South Stand was like a potato patch.

Its just a ride...

Pitch on 08:58 - Mar 4 with 4584 viewsSTID2017

Pitch on 08:53 - Mar 4 by Shonky

It was way worse as few years back. The left back slot in front of the South Stand was like a potato patch.

I know it's chalk and cheese, but the pitch is still like a bowling green compared to the quagmire that was the Vetch.
Also a bad pitch didn't stop us playing some superb football yesterday

Pitch on 09:26 - Mar 4 with 4485 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps The Gnoll needs to be used more
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 14:12]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pitch on 09:27 - Mar 4 with 4474 viewsDarran

Stupid fuçking thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 09:34 - Mar 4 with 4444 viewsSTID2017

Pitch on 09:27 - Mar 4 by Darran

Stupid fuçking thread.

Morning Darran.
What was the pitch like in front of you and BTW do the railings blocking fans from the bench block your view .
Noticed you moving out once or twice

Pitch on 09:36 - Mar 4 with 4432 viewsDarran

Pitch on 09:34 - Mar 4 by STID2017

Morning Darran.
What was the pitch like in front of you and BTW do the railings blocking fans from the bench block your view .
Noticed you moving out once or twice

The pitch was fine we won 4-1.

There are no railings.

Pitch on 09:38 - Mar 4 with 4421 viewsMo_Wives

Pitch on 08:53 - Mar 4 by Shonky

Since Neil Taylor would have been there, I can't help feeling you should have gone with 'cabbage patch'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Pitch on 09:40 - Mar 4 with 4414 viewsSTID2017

Pitch on 09:36 - Mar 4 by Darran

The pitch was fine we won 4-1.

There are no railings.

In that case you should tell that CC to sit down.
Obviously blocking your view of the North Stand goal !

Pitch on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 4358 viewsDarran

Pitch on 09:40 - Mar 4 by STID2017

In that case you should tell that CC to sit down.
Obviously blocking your view of the North Stand goal !

I plan on doing that.

Pitch on 09:57 - Mar 4 with 4317 viewsBanosswan

Pitch on 09:26 - Mar 4 by builthjack

Perhaps The Gnoll needs to be used more
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 14:12]

Gnoll.

Unless you're planning on a assassination.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Pitch on 23:10 - Mar 4 with 3970 viewsGeoffThom

Pitch on 09:27 - Mar 4 by Darran

Stupid fuçking thread.

Well one for you teabag ,spoke to one of the players and he told me that the pitch is actually very bobbly and the ball doesent run true ,I know it’s the same for both sides but it not a patch on years gone by .
Pitch on 23:13 - Mar 4 with 3960 viewsjack2jack

Pitch on 23:10 - Mar 4 by GeoffThom

Well one for you teabag ,spoke to one of the players and he told me that the pitch is actually very bobbly and the ball doesent run true ,I know it’s the same for both sides but it not a patch on years gone by .

It looks ok from a distance, but it looks a bit patchy close up.Not as good as previous seasons,I'd agree.
Pitch on 23:41 - Mar 4 with 3905 viewsairedale

Pitch on 23:13 - Mar 4 by jack2jack

It looks ok from a distance, but it looks a bit patchy close up.Not as good as previous seasons,I'd agree.

I wouldn’t play on it.
Pitch on 23:52 - Mar 4 with 3883 viewsLord_Bony

Pitch on 23:41 - Mar 4 by airedale

I wouldn’t play on it.

Me neither.

Anyone remember the last game at the Vetch aginst shrewsbury when everyone ran on

Looked like theSomme !

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pitch on 06:09 - Mar 5 with 3744 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pitch on 23:52 - Mar 4 by Lord_Bony

Me neither.

Anyone remember the last game at the Vetch aginst shrewsbury when everyone ran on

Looked like theSomme !

Apparently this kind of pitch should be relaid every ten years or so

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pitch on 06:45 - Mar 5 with 3713 viewsDewi1jack

The Vetch.
A pitch in winter, especially the wing stand to the "new stand" corner covered in sand, hay/ straw and about a foot of water...

To the Morfa- a bit bobbly

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Pitch on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 3517 viewssouthjack432

they trained on it Thursday and Friday, looking at the twitter. So not a surprise it’s bobbly and didn’t someone see they’ve got to rip it up every 10 years? If my maths is right we are a bit slow on getting it changed 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024