Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the most famous person you have met? 21:07 - Mar 4 with 25615 viewsAguycalledJack

There seem to be a few movers and shakers on here. So who is it?
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:43 - Mar 5 with 3815 viewsSTID2017

Actually met - Curtis, Tosh and Doris the tea lady at the Vetch.
Not to mention Marlene from the Club Shop.
Said Hi to Peter Falk (Columbo) and met Dean Friedman (sang Lucky Stars snd others ) at the Grand Theatre.
Saw Mohamed Fayed in Harrods, surrounded by bodyguards.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 3807 viewslancasterswan

Driving a heavily loaded van to exhibit at Holker Hall in the late 1980s, I had to make a sudden swerve and stop as a speeding coach and four galloped past. The Duke of Edinburgh, reins in one hand, shouted "Thank You!" and doffed his top hat to us. Made my day.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:51 - Mar 5 with 3804 viewsSTID2017

Met Terry Williams (Dire Straits) on a drunken night in Swansea (me, not him).
Also had a drink in the same pub as Mark Knophler.
Met Mark Williams ( Harry Potter, Father Brown) on a cruise. Really down to earth fella.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 10:04 - Mar 5 with 3786 viewsPegojack

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:51 - Mar 5 by STID2017

Met Terry Williams (Dire Straits) on a drunken night in Swansea (me, not him).
Also had a drink in the same pub as Mark Knophler.
Met Mark Williams ( Harry Potter, Father Brown) on a cruise. Really down to earth fella.

I was entertaining some business clients at a top Chinese restaurant in Southampton 20 years ago, went for a Jimmy Riddle and who should come and stand at the next urinal to me but Graham Souness, when he was managing Southampton.

We didn't shake hands, obviously.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 10:19 - Mar 5 with 3764 viewsJohnw102

Ian Gillan Deep Purple used to keep goal for a celebrity/footballers Sunday Charity side I used to play for. He shared the keepers gloves with Phil Parkes QPR/West Ham . Laurie Sanchez Reading/Wimbledon

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 10:44 - Mar 5 with 3743 viewsfishman

In no particular order
Tony Robinson [v nice]
Michael Le Vell [pleasant]
Tony Christie [!]
Derek Brocway [v nice]
Shane Williams [ good lad]
Peter Graves [pleasant]
Jerry Springer [V nice]
Dan Ackroyd [ v nice]
And not forgetting Swansea legend Tony Screen [top man ,related by marrige ]
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 11:35 - Mar 5 with 3709 viewssherpajacob

Brian May with Anita Dobson
Prince Edward
Max Boyce
David Gower

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 11:50 - Mar 5 with 3699 viewsSwanzay

Bon Jovi in NY.
Also went on stage with the Chuckle Brothers, when I was a nipper.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 11:54 - Mar 5 with 3681 viewslonglostjack

Christopher Reeve (Superman) at a Tiger Moth club.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 12:04 - Mar 5 with 3673 viewsFlashberryjack

Been fishing a couple of times with Sean Wilson (Martin Platt of Coronation Street)

Oh ! Marc Bolan (before he was famous) does that count.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 3672 viewscmajack

Joel garner (west indies fast bowler) john taylor (duran duran ) alan carr.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 12:27 - Mar 5 with 3646 viewsItchySphincter

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 23:41 - Mar 4 by owainglyndwr

Pele

I was going to that Jarv. Probably did the last time this question was asked. :)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:22 - Mar 5 with 3602 viewslegoman

I went drinking with Benny from Crossroads a few times around 1980

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:24 - Mar 5 with 3595 viewsmonmouth

Wayne Sleep

Got to be on everyone's bucket list, no?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 3584 viewsFlashberryjack

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:22 - Mar 5 by legoman

I went drinking with Benny from Crossroads a few times around 1980

Was Miss Diane with him ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 14:31 - Mar 5 with 3511 viewslegoman

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:31 - Mar 5 by Flashberryjack

Was Miss Diane with him ?

Lol, no but this was when I was working in a pub. Edwina Currie came in once or twice with her (then) husband Ray.

Also met Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson from Rush, all of Crowded House, and Steve Forbert.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:14 - Mar 5 with 3466 viewsThrasher6

Like Gary Linekar said to me the other day....

'Who are you?'

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:25 - Mar 5 with 3458 viewsFieryJack

Met Bono in a pub before he was famous.

Before I was famous, too.

It was U2's first UK tour.

They played in small venues then. This was in the Nags Head, a pub in the tiny village of Wollaston, Northamptonshire, where they were playing that night.

Thanks to the wonderful internet I find the exact date to be 21 September 1980.

I was 19, he was 20.

I was playing cheese skittles with my mate in the corner & this tiny bloke walks in: dyed black, spiky hair, black leather jacket, sunglasses, black Chelsea boots. I remember saying to my mate something along the lines of "I bet that poseur tw*t is in the band".

He came over and asked me what the rules of cheese skittles were & told me he was from Dublin.

The show was ok, but was spoilt for me by the overbearing arrogance of all four of them. Took a dislike to them, which persists to this day.

Also Fergal Sharkey, again in a pub, and a much more likeable Irishman.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:32 - Mar 5 with 3446 viewsbuilthjack

The most obnoxious person I ever met was Alan Suger. Horrible horrible little man.
Sat on the same table at a wedding. He complained about the food, and refused the wine on the tables. He ordered champagne for himself. What a knob. His wife was embarrassed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:37 - Mar 5 with 3437 viewsFieryJack

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:32 - Mar 5 by builthjack

The most obnoxious person I ever met was Alan Suger. Horrible horrible little man.
Sat on the same table at a wedding. He complained about the food, and refused the wine on the tables. He ordered champagne for himself. What a knob. His wife was embarrassed.

Well said, the blokes a c*nt.

A first class, Premier League, foul-mouthed, bullying, megalomaniacal piece of filth.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:00 - Mar 5 with 3404 viewsCleddau

The Queen

C

Earnie Shavers

John Charles
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:49 - Mar 5 with 3360 viewsThursday

Joint top-favorites are Daniel Handler and Christopher Hitchens. Honorable mention goes to Micky Adams because that window was almost as short as he.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 16:54]
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 3331 viewsCountyJim

Shakin Stevens like his music but a missrible tw@t

Trevor Brooking lovely bloke

Steve lovely bloke but tight as feck and a bit dull
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 18:25 - Mar 5 with 3281 viewsdickythorpe

Norman Wisdom once met me.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 3250 viewsbermudajack

I think we’ve had a thread similar to this before? Anyway... here’s my list

Samuel L Jackson - twice - he bought me dinner 👍
Lady Diana
Prince Charles
Donald Trump
Paul Stanley & Geyne Simons (Kiss)
Greg rudsekski (tennis player)
Gordon Ramsey
Marcus Wearing
Michael Douglas
Katherine Zeta Jones
Kevin Keegan