Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the most famous person you have met? 21:07 - Mar 4 with 25606 viewsAguycalledJack

There seem to be a few movers and shakers on here. So who is it?
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:41 - Mar 7 with 3109 viewsShaky

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:29 - Mar 7 by londonlisa2001

Was it on the left as you walked away from Ed's Diner? If so, then yes.

That's the one!

Wow. I must say I am a little surprised.

FWIW I used to end up there probably once a week in the first half of the 90s. In my suit.

Funny thing was, every other place I ended up raving in my suit, I was always asked I was police when scoring drugs. Except in that place in Soho; the dealers there could tell the difference between Marks and Spencers and Saville Row

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:54 - Mar 7 with 3086 viewslondonlisa2001

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:41 - Mar 7 by Shaky

That's the one!

FWIW I used to end up there probably once a week in the first half of the 90s. In my suit.

Funny thing was, every other place I ended up raving in my suit, I was always asked I was police when scoring drugs. Except in that place in Soho; the dealers there could tell the difference between Marks and Spencers and Saville Row

Lol.

You wouldn't be remotely surprised if you'd met me in person rather than on here :-)

I remember going there one night after a particularly boozy night at Steph's on Dean Street which has now sadly closed down and going straight to work the day after.

About the same time as you are talking about. Maybe 92 /93 ish I think.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 22:02 - Mar 7 with 3073 viewsBrynCartwright

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:41 - Mar 7 by Shaky

That's the one!

It's all in the cut muchacho!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 22:16 - Mar 7 with 3052 viewsskacrazy

My parents took me to see Ted Rodgers when I was a kid and I was picked from the crowd to go up on stage. That was before his 321 fame.

Met Bad Manners back stage after a gig.

Didn't really meet her but stood next to Joan Collins at Glasgow airport.

My best by far though was Bernie Winters at Bristol Services. I opened the door as I was leaving, looked up and saw him in front of me. I pointed at him and exclaimed Bernie Winters! He looked back at me and said Eeeeeeee! Maybe you had to be there but it was class :-)
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 08:00 - Mar 8 with 2958 viewsShaky

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:54 - Mar 7 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

You wouldn't be remotely surprised if you'd met me in person rather than on here :-)

I remember going there one night after a particularly boozy night at Steph's on Dean Street which has now sadly closed down and going straight to work the day after.

About the same time as you are talking about. Maybe 92 /93 ish I think.

For regular hours places my main hangouts in Soho were Cafe Boheme and a bar called Lupo owned by a loose acquaintance former bond trader at DLJ.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 08:05 - Mar 8 with 2951 viewstrampie

London is a very seedy dirty place, lawless when it comes to money, it is one of the most corrupt place on earth, full of bankers and that crowd only congregate in dirty places.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:01 - Mar 8 with 2924 viewsGreatBritton

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:24 - Mar 7 by FieryJack

Impressive stuff.

I presume you're referring to Dynevor School?

ironic to think that Rowan Williams and Teabag (Teacosy?) Pete were in the same class.

Very divergent careers.

Can't believe you stared Dance down, considering what a brilliantly malevolent bast*rd he looked as Tulkinghorn in the TV adaptation of Bleak House!

Yeah, Tulkinghorn, great character. Perhaps if I'd known he was going to become Tywyn Lannister I might have said, "Enjoy that pint, my lord."

Jonathan gave me a cheeky smile as I reclaimed my pint, as if to suggest that I should regard it as an honour. I'd only left it unattended for a moment or two to suggest to Miss Wet T-Shirt Mumbles that we go somewhere for her to dry off.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:02 - Mar 8 with 2923 viewsnantywatcher

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 08:05 - Mar 8 by trampie

London is a very seedy dirty place, lawless when it comes to money, it is one of the most corrupt place on earth, full of bankers and that crowd only congregate in dirty places.

Brush/////////brush///////brush////////
That's a sweeping statement!
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:57 - Mar 8 with 2898 viewsProfessor

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:25 - Mar 7 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

No, I studied music at college and there was a big overlap with theologians through organ scholars, lay clerks, etc etc. I have a number of friends who joined the clergy and we've reached that age where some of them are pretty senior now. I met Victor Stock though through work.

I've never worked in that sort of firm Loh (not since days as a trainee). I've always worked in industry. When I was a trainee though, Banco Ambrosiano were clients but not C of E.

King's London or Oxbridge-would not get many theologians elsewhere?
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 10:56 - Mar 8 with 2878 viewsdameedna

Charles Windsor

Peter Stringfellow was by a long way the funniest if not the most famous but he is family by marriage
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 11:22 - Mar 8 with 2863 viewslondonlisa2001

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 09:57 - Mar 8 by Professor

King's London or Oxbridge-would not get many theologians elsewhere?

Oxford.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 14:23 - Mar 8 with 2813 viewsProfessor

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 11:22 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Oxford.

King's in my case. Most CoE clergy are Oxbridge or Kings-not that I am a clergyman but one of my PhD student's father and grandfather are-Oxford for them. I regret not doing the AKC Theology course now. But I was a right idiot at 18/19. Easy to look back 32 years later
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 14:46 - Mar 8 with 2795 viewsAguycalledJack

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 08:05 - Mar 8 by trampie

Assume you keep your money under a mattress then.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:11 - Mar 8 with 2773 viewsJethroJack

George Best & Calum - back in 1986, my 6yr old son and I played table football with them in Hamley's Toy Shop in London. LOVELY FELLA 😊

Gazza - back in mid-90's in BA Lounge Heathrow, I was flying to work in Prague, he was flying back to Rome, he was at Lazio, but still injured after the Spurs v Forest FA Cup Final. LOVELY FELLA 😊

Leon - few years back, in Swansea Quadrant, few days after we'd drawn 1-1 with Man City in last game of the season. LOVELY FELLA 😊
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:25 - Mar 8 with 2764 viewslondonlisa2001

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 14:23 - Mar 8 by Professor

King's in my case. Most CoE clergy are Oxbridge or Kings-not that I am a clergyman but one of my PhD student's father and grandfather are-Oxford for them. I regret not doing the AKC Theology course now. But I was a right idiot at 18/19. Easy to look back 32 years later

You can study it now can't you if you've a degree from Kings? Or am I remembering that incorrectly? I seem to remember reading that they've made it available via distance learning fairly recently.

It always amuses me to hear friends I spent many years with with getting drunk and chain smoking at parties as 18/19/20 year olds presenting Thought for the Day when I'm having my coffee. It's happened many times :-)
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:22 - Mar 8 with 2723 viewsProfessor

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 15:25 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

You can study it now can't you if you've a degree from Kings? Or am I remembering that incorrectly? I seem to remember reading that they've made it available via distance learning fairly recently.

It always amuses me to hear friends I spent many years with with getting drunk and chain smoking at parties as 18/19/20 year olds presenting Thought for the Day when I'm having my coffee. It's happened many times :-)

You can indeed. Time is now the issue. Perhaps if I get to retire someday?
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:34 - Mar 8 with 2709 viewsDarran

Six pages and not one fuçking photo. Pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:37 - Mar 8 with 2707 viewsAmbergambler

I met Jason Mohammed (I know!) once in a Cardiff park.
I was babysitting and we were pushing kids on the swings.

He said 'Hi' and I said 'Alright?'
He said 'Do you come from round here? ' I said 'No, Swansea'.

He swanned off to the roundabout.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:59 - Mar 8 with 2680 viewsjackal

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:34 - Mar 8 by Darran

Go on then Daz. Dazzle us.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 18:26 - Mar 8 with 2634 viewsdickythorpe

Who is the most famous person you have met? on 16:34 - Mar 8 by Darran

Here we fecking go......
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 08:34 - Mar 9 with 2515 viewsJethroJack

David Copperfield - 2 years ago went on stage with a few others for one of his illusions in Vegas.
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 21:49 - Mar 9 with 2423 viewsjeza739

Met Harry Worth when i was a kid on hols in London. Met sir ian Botham on one of his walks through S.Wales, top guy
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 22:46 - Mar 9 with 2397 viewsBDavies67

If Tennis counts then Tim Henman, Andy Murray
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 13:42 - Mar 10 with 2287 viewssatrdayboy

Been on stage with Ryan and Ronnie at Swansea Grand Theatre in a panto, got to play a big bass drum and Ryan gave me a bag of dolly mixtures. Does this count?
Who is the most famous person you have met? on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 2261 viewslifelong

I met Mark Gower in Neath.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024