Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos Contract 21:40 - Mar 4 with 9456 viewsswan1970

Had we better offer him an extension to his deal now or risk losing him to another club in the summer?
Carlos Contract on 19:09 - Mar 5 with 3555 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Carlos Contract on 18:07 - Mar 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Pearlman is quite clearly the chairman in all but name now, likely because reading a headline of an American replacing Huw would send much of the fan base (those completely unaware of his devious actions) into panic mode.

You think Pearlman makes specific decisions about recruitment and player contracts?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Carlos Contract on 19:15 - Mar 5 with 3537 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carlos Contract on 09:59 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

I know that some won't like this but I think we should keep our options open in the summer.

Yes, Carlos has done an incredible job so far this season, but bringing a short-term motivational boost is completely different to a longer-term strategy to improve this team.

Nobody thought that Clement would be the failure, that he most definitely was, except Derby fans, who most of us ignored totally when they said how negative Clement was. Many Sheff Wed fans have also warned us about Carlos too, even though it's very hard for us to see that side of him at the moment.

I love Carlos' enthusiasm and positivity but, as I've said on here before, that will wear off on the players after a while. It will become white noise. They'll need more reasons to be positive and that belief in their manager will come from knowing that they have a good tactician, capable of playing exciting football and adapting as the season progresses.

I'm not saying that Carlos isn't the right man to take us forward, but we shouldn't jump in too quickly and extend his contract if there are more suitable LONG-TERM managers available. For example, I'd take Brendan Rodgers back tomorrow and wouldn't be against Roberto too, but it's a huge decision and shouldn't be rushed into.

Also, I don't want Jenkins making the decision....he should be gone as soon as the season ends and hope the Yanks are looking for his replacement already!

The ONLY thing that worries me is the saying "be careful what you wish for" as it's sometimes stupid to change a winning formula, but I think we should also learn from the past two "successful" managers (Clement and Guidolin) who kept us up but failed the next season (even though I know both weren't backed in the summer transfer windows).

Clement was not able to cope with a poor and late window due to his inexperience. Guidolin did not fail. He was turning yet another poor Window around before being disgracefully sacked.
Carlos, like Frankie, is an experienced manager. He has worked wonders and, if there is even the slightest chance of another club sniffing around him, then we should bite the bullet and offer him a contract immediately.
Failing that we wait until (if!!) we are safe and then offer him an extension.
If we finish outside the bottom 3 on 40 plus points then it would be madness to let Carlos leave.
Doing this and appointing Martinez is right up Jenkins Street however hence I agree he should be nowhere near the decision making.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 19:18]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carlos Contract on 22:27 - Mar 5 with 3479 viewslancasterswan

Carlos' record as a manager mirrors his playing career. I think from memory he started managing about 16 years ago and with a 3 year sabbatical has still managed 15+ clubs. He is apparently a wandering star. I would be courting him big time for another 1 year contract, no strings attached, we love you Carlos etc etc.

He reminds me quite a bit of Ian Holloway. Knows his game, knows his squad, manages very very left field. Holloway has had personal family issues that have affected his football career and but for that I could have seen him in the European mix. As Holloway took his players at Blackpool on the big dipper and to play bingo, I could see Carlos taking the squad to the coast for a run up and down the steps at Mwnt, a sea canoeing trip and a dolphin watch. He realises the goldfish bowl a squad lives in and attempts to extract them from that to avoid a jaded relationship between trainers and players. Anything to retain a bond.

Anyway, by hook or by crook Man U contrived to win. I feel sorry for Palace, but honestly, not that sorry....
Carlos Contract on 22:35 - Mar 5 with 3463 viewscarlosandswansfan

Great to see the Swans doing well again. Maybe there is a new signature song to be played or sung by the fans:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=GOD+GAVE+ROCK+N+ROLL+TO+YOU&oq=god&aqs=chrome.
Carlos Contract on 22:53 - Mar 5 with 3449 viewsdobjack2

A few things - what are the plans for the team over the next couple of years and establish what division we are in next season. The latter will obviously have a huge impact.

I hope that the people making the decisions have already started thinking this through.

Is Carlos the man for the premier league? Is he the man for the championship?

What are the recruitment plans and how does the manager fit into them?

Big decisions that we have fecked up on a regular basis lately.
Carlos Contract on 13:07 - Mar 6 with 3341 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Carlos Contract on 19:09 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

You think Pearlman makes specific decisions about recruitment and player contracts?

I absolutely think he has a huge say, maybe even the definitive say in player contracts. He seems to be the guy in charge of financial matters.

I am not sure about recruitment.

They have been running a very low key media campaign gradually introducing Pearlman as the main guy for a while now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Carlos Contract on 13:22 - Mar 6 with 3316 viewsWarwickHunt

Carlos Contract on 18:07 - Mar 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Pearlman is quite clearly the chairman in all but name now, likely because reading a headline of an American replacing Huw would send much of the fan base (those completely unaware of his devious actions) into panic mode.

Picnic mode for me, with LOTS of champagne.
Carlos Contract on 21:28 - Mar 8 with 3173 viewsZZoric

Carlos Contract on 09:02 - Mar 5 by union_jack

Cleverly disguised? No, you just haven't developed a sense of humour yet.

You're a bit too serious reall aren't you? You see everything in black and white not in all the colours of the rainbow that life portrays. It's positive. Or it's negative. It's not like that in reality though. You'll get it one day.

As for your comment about Huw Jenkins in your other post. I see your true colours have emerged and I had my suspicions. Are you a Dineen or close to them. Similar defensive attitude in your posts.

Now I'm done with you. Put me on ignore if you like or better still next time you log out make it your last.

hang on - u seem to think its ok to personally abuse posters - and get away with it

whether ur done with me or not is irrelevant. dont expect to continue to abuse and get away with it. miserable, old, negative, smug, abuser

how about instead of abusing - offer insightful value add to this or any other thread - u offer nothing other than predictable negativity, nothing
Login to get fewer ads

Carlos Contract on 21:42 - Mar 8 with 3162 viewslonglostjack

Carlos Contract on 19:15 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

Clement was not able to cope with a poor and late window due to his inexperience. Guidolin did not fail. He was turning yet another poor Window around before being disgracefully sacked.
Carlos, like Frankie, is an experienced manager. He has worked wonders and, if there is even the slightest chance of another club sniffing around him, then we should bite the bullet and offer him a contract immediately.
If we finish outside the bottom 3 on 40 plus points then it would be madness to let Carlos leave.
Doing this and appointing Martinez is right up Jenkins Street however hence I agree he should be nowhere near the decision making.

Would we be that daft ? Martinez will be fully occupied with the World Cup anyway. Not that I'd want him anywhere near us even if he wasn't.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Carlos Contract on 22:06 - Mar 8 with 3133 viewsmax936

Carlos Contract on 19:15 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

I really cannot understand the support for Martinez's return, he can't organise a team to defend, yes he plays good football, but at what cost, plus after the way he treated us his return would be a bitter pill to swallow for me at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carlos Contract on 22:27 - Mar 8 with 3089 viewsBanosswan

Carlos Contract on 13:22 - Mar 6 by WarwickHunt

Picnic mode for me, with LOTS of champagne.

And pawns

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Carlos Contract on 21:52 - Mar 9 with 2952 viewsymaohyd

The Swans have become a basket case of a club. Don't know what to say on this subject. After Clement did so well last year, never would have thought we'd be in the same position this season and also fu*k up so royally in the August transfer window.

Then along comes Carvahal and does an amazing job, so all in all is there any point in planning, guessing or offering an opinion on what is best.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Carlos Contract on 08:34 - Mar 10 with 2893 viewsHeadmaster

"Swansea facing tough fight to keep Carvalhal"

Can't read full article, not subscribed. Here's the bit I can read:

"Swansea City may face a fight to keep hold of Carlos Carvalhal next season because their manager is attracting interest from several Premier League clubs after his outstanding start at the Liberty Stadium. The Portuguese signed a six-month contract without a formal option to extend at Swansea last December, although both parties reached what sources describe as a “gentleman’s agreement” to hold talks over a new deal at the end of the season. Carvalhal will demand significant investment in his playing squad to stay, spending that has not always been forthcoming in recent years."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/swansea-facing-tough-fight-to-keep-carvalhal-
Carlos Contract on 13:01 - Mar 10 with 2845 viewsGlyn1

Carlos Contract on 08:34 - Mar 10 by Headmaster

"Swansea City may face a fight to keep hold of Carlos Carvalhal next season because their manager is attracting interest from several Premier League clubs after his outstanding start at the Liberty Stadium. The Portuguese signed a six-month contract without a formal option to extend at Swansea last December, although both parties reached what sources describe as a “gentleman’s agreement” to hold talks over a new deal at the end of the season. Carvalhal will demand significant investment in his playing squad to stay, spending that has not always been forthcoming in recent years."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/swansea-facing-tough-fight-to-keep-carvalhal-

(CONTINUES)
"...Swansea made the biggest profit in the Premier League on transfers last summer of £20 million, although did reinvest in January by spending £18 million to re-sign Andre Ayew from West Ham United. Carvalhal ... may be asked to stay on even in the event of relegation given his success in guiding Sheffield Wednesday to the Championship play-offs last season."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Carlos Contract on 14:39 - Mar 10 with 2812 viewsswan1970

Carlos Contract on 08:34 - Mar 10 by Headmaster

This was and still is my concern when I started the thread
Carlos Contract on 13:57 - Mar 11 with 2728 viewsAmbergambler

Surely now it would be barking mad not to offer him an extension to his contract.

He's been fantastic for us, he's all but saved us from certain relegation.

He's got the players playing for him, perfectly illustrated by the gutsy draw yesterday.

It would give stability whether we stay up or not.
Carlos Contract on 16:26 - Mar 11 with 2663 viewsSirjohnalot

If Carlos were to sign a new contract, other than us getting compensation if he went elsewhere, does it really make a difference if another club comes calling ?
Carlos Contract on 16:28 - Mar 11 with 2658 viewsDafyddHuw

Carlos Contract on 22:27 - Mar 8 by Banosswan

And pawns

And rooks and bishops...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024