Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn landslide... 22:40 - Mar 4 with 41587 viewsKerouac

...people, daft people, keep telling me that Corbyn is going to lead Labour to a landslide victory at the next election.

Really?

Can I take a straw poll of those on here who believe a party who appoints people like this;

...who in turn appoints advisers like this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5458719/Labour-leader-pressure-gay-MP-sa

...who comes out with shite like this;

She said: ‘I practise witchcraft. It’s something I’ve always been attracted to and I like it because it’s female-centric. I feel most religions are driven by and tailored for men.’

She added: ‘It interests me because it’s part of my ancestry — voodoo is more entwined in black identity than Christianity.’

Other pearlers include;
She called the suffragettes "white supremacists" and claimed that white people are "socially conditioned to be racist".

Are you going to vote for this shower?
Do these people represent YOU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Corbyn landslide... on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 1437 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 20:55 - Mar 5 by Flashberryjack

We are talking Wales....yes ?

Look at Sunderland.

Voted Leave

Historic Labour Stronghold

Biggest Employer Nissan which relies upon exporting goods all over Europe. Over 7000 employees. Why would they vote leave? Do they like the idea of being unemployed? Why vote Labour after voting leave?

Does not make sense for intelligent people to make these choices. Maybe they are sheep?
Corbyn landslide... on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 1437 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 20:54 - Mar 5 by Akinfenwa

Its impossible to evidence such a thing. I do not live in the home counties but I do live in Wales and its rife here. People vote for Labour out of habit. You could put a red jacket on a scarecrow and people would vote for it.

You are lying to yourself.

People in the Home Counties do exactly the same with the Tory party.

Go to a village in Sussex, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk and you will find generations of Tory voters who wouldn't dream of voting Labour. It wouldn't occur to them.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 1434 viewsDr_Winston

Corbyn landslide... on 20:54 - Mar 5 by sherpajacob

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted/

65% Labour voters voted remain, reported consistently across many polls.

But don't let facts get in the way of bias

Depends if they were "Labour voters" at the time of the vote.

UKIP took hundreds of thousands of votes off Labour, maybe more at their peak.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corbyn landslide... on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 1427 viewsFlashberryjack

Corbyn landslide... on 21:01 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

No. We are talking about “most people who vote Labour have no idea. They just vote Labour because their parents hated maggie and she stole the milk and closed the pits” as per Akinfenwa’s original statement that I challenged. You introduced Wales.

I didn't say that, I specifically said Wales, and I believe it to be true.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corbyn landslide... on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 1425 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 21:04 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Depends if they were "Labour voters" at the time of the vote.

UKIP took hundreds of thousands of votes off Labour, maybe more at their peak.

You haven't read the link have you?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corbyn landslide... on 21:06 - Mar 5 with 1417 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 20:58 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Au contraire mon amis. I’m not denying that there are many who vote Labour out of habit. All I’m saying is that the same is true for Tory voters too. If you’re denying that you’re the one lying to yourself.

Of course there are tories aho vote out of habit. There is no way to evidence the numbers but its 99% certain there are far more habit voters in the labour camp. I could write paragraphs to justify but just not enough time.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:09 - Mar 5 with 1405 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:05 - Mar 5 by Flashberryjack

I didn't say that, I specifically said Wales, and I believe it to be true.

I didn’t say you said it. I said akinfenwa saaid it, because he did. Bloody hell, Flash.

I’ll boil it down. I agree with you that there are thousands if not millions of people in Wales who vote Labour cos their parents and grandparents did etc. Never denied it.

Now do you agree with me that there are thousands if not millions of people in other parts of the country who vote Tory cos their parents and grandparents did etc?

Poll: Tory leader

Corbyn landslide... on 21:11 - Mar 5 with 1397 viewsDr_Winston

Corbyn landslide... on 21:05 - Mar 5 by sherpajacob

You haven't read the link have you?

No.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 5 with 1394 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn landslide... on 21:09 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t say you said it. I said akinfenwa saaid it, because he did. Bloody hell, Flash.

I’ll boil it down. I agree with you that there are thousands if not millions of people in Wales who vote Labour cos their parents and grandparents did etc. Never denied it.

Now do you agree with me that there are thousands if not millions of people in other parts of the country who vote Tory cos their parents and grandparents did etc?

That tells me the electoral system is unfit for purpose.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 5 with 1394 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 21:03 - Mar 5 by londonlisa2001

People in the Home Counties do exactly the same with the Tory party.

Go to a village in Sussex, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk and you will find generations of Tory voters who wouldn't dream of voting Labour. It wouldn't occur to them.

Those tory voters are natural tories if you know what I mean. My original point was I know people who are tories in every way in regards to their beliefs and centre right tendancies but they still vote Labour. When I challenge them they just look at me with a blank face with no answer as to why they vote Labour.

Do you get my point?
Corbyn landslide... on 21:13 - Mar 5 with 1386 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 5 by Lohengrin

That tells me the electoral system is unfit for purpose.

You know full well you’ll get no argument from me in that.

Corbyn landslide... on 21:14 - Mar 5 with 1378 viewsoldgrey

"Dodged the boundaries question I see. Typical."

No, there were several questions posed about the Labour Party and leadership. I just chose to address one rather than all of them which would have led to a response as large as the collected works of Lenin.

But since you ask.

On the contrary, Labour is not opposed to boundary reform. In fact, as you are no doubt aware, the Labour MP for Gorton is currently taking a Private Members bill through Parliament for equalising constituency sizes without reducing the number of MPs.

You will also recollect that the review and proposals of the electoral reform commission were based on electoral lists compiled prior to the EU referendum and the last general election effectively disenfranchising the large number of new voters in favour of a gerrymandered solution.

In fact it was dodgy Dave who introduced the proposed reform on the basis of reducing the number of MPs following the expenses scandal when it was seen as a popular thing to do, rather than as a result of some damascene conversion to parliamentary democracy.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 21:16]
Corbyn landslide... on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 1370 viewsWingstandwood

Commonsense policies with some left wing morality thrown in are o.k..... e.g. doing away with rampant job insecurity of zero-hour-contracts.....strong regulation of exploitative employment agencies.....ordering those w#nkers in Cardiff bay WAG to stop disgraceful governance of Wales thats the equivalent of Thatchers North-South regional divide/economic partition policy.....no ridiculous wars.....stopping scandalous PFI initiatives that rip off the taxpayer.....Keeping privatisation out of public services/workforce etc, etc, etc.....All stuff like that is admirable.

But what worries me is Corbyn and Co will go on a disastrous and outrageous spending spree funded by crippling national debt that will burden future generations of Young Un's and ruin the economic prospects of many.

The Tories used the devastation of the credit crunch to bring in austerity....And?.......It was the poorest and working class that got hit the hardest. If Labour mess up, It'll be Deja Vu all over again and it'll be no joke despite the way the previous Labour economic horror story was perceived by that utter disgrace of a departing Labour minister. Yon know the one? The Labour minister who left a note saying there's no money left.

Argus!

Corbyn landslide... on 21:16 - Mar 5 with 1367 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:03 - Mar 5 by Akinfenwa

Look at Sunderland.

Voted Leave

Biggest Employer Nissan which relies upon exporting goods all over Europe. Over 7000 employees. Why would they vote leave? Do they like the idea of being unemployed? Why vote Labour after voting leave?

Does not make sense for intelligent people to make these choices. Maybe they are sheep?

Maybe they are fed up of immigration?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Corbyn landslide... on 21:20 - Mar 5 with 1358 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 21:14 - Mar 5 by oldgrey

"Dodged the boundaries question I see. Typical."

No, there were several questions posed about the Labour Party and leadership. I just chose to address one rather than all of them which would have led to a response as large as the collected works of Lenin.

But since you ask.

On the contrary, Labour is not opposed to boundary reform. In fact, as you are no doubt aware, the Labour MP for Gorton is currently taking a Private Members bill through Parliament for equalising constituency sizes without reducing the number of MPs.

You will also recollect that the review and proposals of the electoral reform commission were based on electoral lists compiled prior to the EU referendum and the last general election effectively disenfranchising the large number of new voters in favour of a gerrymandered solution.

In fact it was dodgy Dave who introduced the proposed reform on the basis of reducing the number of MPs following the expenses scandal when it was seen as a popular thing to do, rather than as a result of some damascene conversion to parliamentary democracy.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 21:16]

I knew you would say the Tories are gerrymandering. Its not the case, you can say what ever you want but it comes down to a simple fact. Labour have an unfair advantage under the current boundaries. This will be corrected by the boundary reform.

Jeremy Corbyn will fight this to the death. If he had any class or honesty he would back it 100%.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:20 - Mar 5 with 1355 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 21:03 - Mar 5 by Akinfenwa

Look at Sunderland.

Voted Leave

It's amazing how ignorant people are of how percentages work.

A Labour stronghold would be typically 50% vote labour, with Tories and ukip on 25%, 15% respectively.

If 35% of labour voters vote leave and all the Tories and kippers vote leave, then leave win.

Keep blaming Jezza though.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corbyn landslide... on 21:22 - Mar 5 with 1348 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:20 - Mar 5 by sherpajacob

It's amazing how ignorant people are of how percentages work.

A Labour stronghold would be typically 50% vote labour, with Tories and ukip on 25%, 15% respectively.

If 35% of labour voters vote leave and all the Tories and kippers vote leave, then leave win.

Keep blaming Jezza though.

And he’s a Czech spy 🕵️‍♂️

Corbyn landslide... on 21:26 - Mar 5 with 1337 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn landslide... on 21:22 - Mar 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

And he’s a Czech spy 🕵️‍♂️

A fckin’ fruitcake is what he is.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn landslide... on 21:26 - Mar 5 with 1333 viewsoldgrey

"Labour have an unfair advantage under the current boundaries. This will be corrected by the boundary reform."

As I said the Labour party supports reform. And have a proposal which I have outlined.
What they do not support is the proposals of the current review which ignore new voters.
What's wrong with the Labour proposal of equal size constituencies with the same number of MPs?
Corbyn landslide... on 21:30 - Mar 5 with 1319 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:20 - Mar 5 by Akinfenwa

I knew you would say the Tories are gerrymandering. Its not the case, you can say what ever you want but it comes down to a simple fact. Labour have an unfair advantage under the current boundaries. This will be corrected by the boundary reform.

Jeremy Corbyn will fight this to the death. If he had any class or honesty he would back it 100%.

Using the current constituency boundaries, in 2017 Labour got just 800,000 fewer votes than the Tories out of the 26 million votes cast for eithe Labour or Conservative.

The Tories got 317 seats to Labour’s 262. Where’s the unfair advantage for Labour?

All boundary change proposals are designed to aid the party in power at the time that their made otherwise they wouldn’t get changed. Both Labour and Conservative have been doing it for decades.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 21:32]

Corbyn landslide... on 21:31 - Mar 5 with 1311 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 21:26 - Mar 5 by oldgrey

"Labour have an unfair advantage under the current boundaries. This will be corrected by the boundary reform."

As I said the Labour party supports reform. And have a proposal which I have outlined.
What they do not support is the proposals of the current review which ignore new voters.
What's wrong with the Labour proposal of equal size constituencies with the same number of MPs?

Labour are trying to undermine the independent review and make changes to protect their unfair advantage or limit the damage.

Dictatorship.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:38 - Mar 5 with 1292 viewsoldgrey

"dictatorship" you say.
Well, I don't agree with your definition of dictatorship.
However, as a democrat, I am concerned with the exclusion of the two million voters who registered after the boundary review.
I don't see any great energy on the side of the Conservatives to push the review changes either.
Perhaps they are dictators as well.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:41 - Mar 5 with 1283 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:31 - Mar 5 by Akinfenwa

Labour are trying to undermine the independent review and make changes to protect their unfair advantage or limit the damage.

Dictatorship.

Facking hell

Are you ok.?

Corbyn landslide... on 21:44 - Mar 5 with 1279 viewsAkinfenwa

Corbyn landslide... on 21:30 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Using the current constituency boundaries, in 2017 Labour got just 800,000 fewer votes than the Tories out of the 26 million votes cast for eithe Labour or Conservative.

The Tories got 317 seats to Labour’s 262. Where’s the unfair advantage for Labour?

All boundary change proposals are designed to aid the party in power at the time that their made otherwise they wouldn’t get changed. Both Labour and Conservative have been doing it for decades.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 21:32]

The boundaries are decades out of date. Should be updated every 12 years.

You saying they should never be reviewed?

If you support democracy you should support the reform.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:45 - Mar 5 with 1276 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn landslide... on 21:15 - Mar 5 by Wingstandwood

Commonsense policies with some left wing morality thrown in are o.k..... e.g. doing away with rampant job insecurity of zero-hour-contracts.....strong regulation of exploitative employment agencies.....ordering those w#nkers in Cardiff bay WAG to stop disgraceful governance of Wales thats the equivalent of Thatchers North-South regional divide/economic partition policy.....no ridiculous wars.....stopping scandalous PFI initiatives that rip off the taxpayer.....Keeping privatisation out of public services/workforce etc, etc, etc.....All stuff like that is admirable.

But what worries me is Corbyn and Co will go on a disastrous and outrageous spending spree funded by crippling national debt that will burden future generations of Young Un's and ruin the economic prospects of many.

The Tories used the devastation of the credit crunch to bring in austerity....And?.......It was the poorest and working class that got hit the hardest. If Labour mess up, It'll be Deja Vu all over again and it'll be no joke despite the way the previous Labour economic horror story was perceived by that utter disgrace of a departing Labour minister. Yon know the one? The Labour minister who left a note saying there's no money left.

Let’s take a look at the crippling national debt

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk

Yep he’ll ruin us

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024