Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn landslide... 22:40 - Mar 4 with 40982 viewsKerouac

...people, daft people, keep telling me that Corbyn is going to lead Labour to a landslide victory at the next election.

Really?

Can I take a straw poll of those on here who believe a party who appoints people like this;

...who in turn appoints advisers like this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5458719/Labour-leader-pressure-gay-MP-sa

...who comes out with shite like this;

She said: ‘I practise witchcraft. It’s something I’ve always been attracted to and I like it because it’s female-centric. I feel most religions are driven by and tailored for men.’

She added: ‘It interests me because it’s part of my ancestry — voodoo is more entwined in black identity than Christianity.’

Other pearlers include;
She called the suffragettes "white supremacists" and claimed that white people are "socially conditioned to be racist".

Are you going to vote for this shower?
Do these people represent YOU?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Corbyn landslide... on 19:03 - Mar 6 with 1927 viewsHighjack

Corbyn landslide... on 18:05 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

Terrific.

And who, exactly, is supposed to support them and their families once they've taken this principled stance? Pay for their homes? Their food? Their heating? The NHS?

'Someone else' I assume.

Most in this country have been struggling to pay all those things for decades while we've been inside the EU.

Struggling to pay for stuff is not a new thing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corbyn landslide... on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 1891 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 18:24 - Mar 6 by Ambergambler

That is all guesswork, the doom and gloom scenario. The truth is no one knows.
There's a big wide world out there and the opposite scenario is equally possible.

It's all hot air and speculation anyway to no purpose as the democratic decision has been made, it is irreversible so we'll all have to suck it and see.

It's not guesswork.

People do know, they don't know the full extent, but they do know the direction of travel. At the moment, the change in political direction in the US makes the extent of loss worse than previously anticipated. One can only hope Trump gets wound back in.
Corbyn landslide... on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 1886 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 19:03 - Mar 6 by Highjack

Most in this country have been struggling to pay all those things for decades while we've been inside the EU.

Struggling to pay for stuff is not a new thing.

That's like saying it's hard to get by on £20k so it doesn't matter if that goes down to £10k.

It's all relative.
Corbyn landslide... on 19:42 - Mar 6 with 1875 viewsAmbergambler

Corbyn landslide... on 19:35 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

It's not guesswork.

People do know, they don't know the full extent, but they do know the direction of travel. At the moment, the change in political direction in the US makes the extent of loss worse than previously anticipated. One can only hope Trump gets wound back in.

We can all argue till the cows come home but it isn't going to make the slightest difference to anything - and that's not guesswork.
Corbyn landslide... on 19:44 - Mar 6 with 1872 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 19:42 - Mar 6 by Ambergambler

We can all argue till the cows come home but it isn't going to make the slightest difference to anything - and that's not guesswork.

It won't unless someone in government decides to tell the truth.

You never know...
Corbyn landslide... on 19:54 - Mar 6 with 1864 viewsHighjack

Corbyn landslide... on 19:36 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

That's like saying it's hard to get by on £20k so it doesn't matter if that goes down to £10k.

It's all relative.

Do the EU pay half of our wages then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corbyn landslide... on 20:08 - Mar 6 with 1857 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 19:54 - Mar 6 by Highjack

Do the EU pay half of our wages then?

I'm sure you'll manage to find someone else to blame when jobs are lost highjack.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 6 with 1821 viewsHighjack

Corbyn landslide... on 20:08 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

I'm sure you'll manage to find someone else to blame when jobs are lost highjack.

We've never had job losses or poor job security for the last forty years then?

This is exactly why the remain campaign failed. All the terrible things they said would happen if we left the EU already were happening whilst in the EU. Austerity, job losses, less money in your pocket, an NHS in crisis. It's been happening for twenty years. At least. You probably didn't notice whilst earning millions in the heart of London in the world of international finance.

If you were more informed you may have noticed that huge swathes of this country are really struggling and feel the EU and UK government does f all for them.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn landslide... on 21:41 - Mar 6 with 1793 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 6 by Highjack

This is exactly why the remain campaign failed. All the terrible things they said would happen if we left the EU already were happening whilst in the EU. Austerity, job losses, less money in your pocket, an NHS in crisis. It's been happening for twenty years. At least. You probably didn't notice whilst earning millions in the heart of London in the world of international finance.

If you were more informed you may have noticed that huge swathes of this country are really struggling and feel the EU and UK government does f all for them.

If you were more informed you wouldn't have voted to make it even worse.

Look at the people supporting it to see the reality. Boris, Farage, Jacob Rees Mogg, Rupert Murdoch, Lord Rothermere...

They're just the sort of people who you know give a real sh*t about those who are struggling aren't they.

Stay classy though highjack.
Corbyn landslide... on 21:51 - Mar 6 with 1781 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 21:12 - Mar 6 by Highjack

"If you were more informed you may have noticed that huge swathes of this country are really struggling and feel the EU and UK government does f all for them. "

you are correct parts of the UK (the Eu's 2nd biggest economy) are struggling so much that the EU gives them objective 1 funding.

There are no such areas in Fance, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark or Germany, where wealth creation is more evenly distributed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_policy_of_the_European_Union#/media/File:

So the absolute reality is the EU is helping them because the Westminster government doesn't give a sh1t.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 21:54]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Corbyn landslide... on 21:55 - Mar 6 with 1773 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn landslide... on 21:51 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

"If you were more informed you may have noticed that huge swathes of this country are really struggling and feel the EU and UK government does f all for them. "

you are correct parts of the UK (the Eu's 2nd biggest economy) are struggling so much that the EU gives them objective 1 funding.

There are no such areas in Fance, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark or Germany, where wealth creation is more evenly distributed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_policy_of_the_European_Union#/media/File:

So the absolute reality is the EU is helping them because the Westminster government doesn't give a sh1t.

That, my friend, is what comes of betting on the same, tired old horses that clatter every hurdle. It takes a special sort of wilful myopia to clutch the ballot paper time and again muttering ‘this time, this time.’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn landslide... on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 1754 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 21:55 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

That, my friend, is what comes of betting on the same, tired old horses that clatter every hurdle. It takes a special sort of wilful myopia to clutch the ballot paper time and again muttering ‘this time, this time.’

I doubt I will vote labour at the next GE, but isn't what you say the exact reason many people love Corbyn. They perceive he offers a complete change from British politicians of the last 50 years, its the reason the real establishment are shite scared of him and make up these spy stories that sucker many fools in (not you though of course)

Corbyn landslide... on 22:07 - Mar 6 with 1745 viewspaulv2k4

Corbyn landslide... on 21:51 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

"you are correct parts of the UK (the Eu's 2nd biggest economy) are struggling so much that the EU gives them objective 1 funding. "

Yes but its up to the local government to decide what to do with it, some of it really helps but a lot of it is wasted. A lot of it is spent on business subsidies. From back pocket to back pocket.
Corbyn landslide... on 22:09 - Mar 6 with 1738 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 22:07 - Mar 6 by paulv2k4

"you are correct parts of the UK (the Eu's 2nd biggest economy) are struggling so much that the EU gives them objective 1 funding. "

Yes but its up to the local government to decide what to do with it, some of it really helps but a lot of it is wasted. A lot of it is spent on business subsidies. From back pocket to back pocket.

Exactly, the problem is not the EU, its the UK and local government, and its those feckers people want to hand back control to.

Corbyn landslide... on 22:21 - Mar 6 with 1728 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn landslide... on 22:05 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

I doubt I will vote labour at the next GE, but isn't what you say the exact reason many people love Corbyn. They perceive he offers a complete change from British politicians of the last 50 years, its the reason the real establishment are shite scared of him and make up these spy stories that sucker many fools in (not you though of course)

He’s Stafford Cripps with one twentieth of the intellect. Anybody so disenchanted as to turn in his direction is mistaking shadow for substance, dark shadow at that.

Corbyn landslide... on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 1703 viewssherpajacob

Corbyn landslide... on 22:21 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

He’s Stafford Cripps with one twentieth of the intellect. Anybody so disenchanted as to turn in his direction is mistaking shadow for substance, dark shadow at that.

You really do believe the Sun Czech spy story?

Corbyn landslide... on 23:30 - Mar 6 with 1673 viewsHighjack

Corbyn landslide... on 21:41 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

If you were more informed you wouldn't have voted to make it even worse.

Look at the people supporting it to see the reality. Boris, Farage, Jacob Rees Mogg, Rupert Murdoch, Lord Rothermere...

They're just the sort of people who you know give a real sh*t about those who are struggling aren't they.

Stay classy though highjack.

Blair, osbourne, Obama, Soros, Eddie f*cking Izzard... There are complete dick heads on both sides, so I'm not sure entirely what your point is?

Corbyn landslide... on 23:48 - Mar 6 with 1668 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn landslide... on 22:46 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

You really do believe the Sun Czech spy story?

Do I believe he was so immersed in red dogma in 1986 that his only loyalty lay with an Idea? Without question. Do I think he was a ‘spy’ who had secrets to sell, no I don’t, but if you are asking me if he would have been thrilled to play the part of errand boy for the Comintern then what do you think?

Corbyn landslide... on 07:46 - Mar 7 with 1591 viewspaulv2k4

Corbyn landslide... on 22:09 - Mar 6 by sherpajacob

Exactly, the problem is not the EU, its the UK and local government, and its those feckers people want to hand back control to.

Yes.

Remember though.
1) The local government in Wales is run by labour (on topic)
2) All EU do is hand over a percentage of the money the UK has paid them.
3) The "Objective 1" areas suffer because of other failures (mainly Welfare) which has not been solved in the many years of funding from EU. (Although this is not necessarily the EU's fault, it will still occur whether in or out).

On topic. Im not a supporter of Corbyn. I go for the lesser of both evils. In the years of Conservative government I have seen my pay go up (tax changes) and an attempt to stop the vile people who earn off the state and dont deserve it (although this has affected the person that do deserve it too, which is a pity).
Corbyn landslide... on 11:15 - Mar 7 with 1533 viewsSir_Robin

Corbyn landslide... on 07:46 - Mar 7 by paulv2k4

Yes.

Remember though.
1) The local government in Wales is run by labour (on topic)
2) All EU do is hand over a percentage of the money the UK has paid them.
3) The "Objective 1" areas suffer because of other failures (mainly Welfare) which has not been solved in the many years of funding from EU. (Although this is not necessarily the EU's fault, it will still occur whether in or out).

On topic. Im not a supporter of Corbyn. I go for the lesser of both evils. In the years of Conservative government I have seen my pay go up (tax changes) and an attempt to stop the vile people who earn off the state and dont deserve it (although this has affected the person that do deserve it too, which is a pity).

"an attempt to stop the vile people who earn off the state and dont deserve it"

You mean the super rich and multinationals who get huge tax breaks and do their utmost to avoid any tax they should be paying? The private landlords who charge obscene rents for often substandard housing, forcing people to turn to housing benefit and getting the taxpayer to pay the mortgage on their second houses? Companies like Carillion and Sodexo who get paid to take over certain areas of public services and then cut corners left, right and centre to squeeze as much profit out of the operation as possible? The rail companies who charge us extortionate fares and still get huge subsidies from the government whilst dishing out substantial dividends to their shareholders? Yeah, truly vile people.

"although this has affected the person that do deserve it too, which is a pity"

No, it isn't a pity. It's a f*cking outrage. People have f*cking died because of cuts to welfare.
Corbyn landslide... on 11:17 - Mar 7 with 1531 viewstrampie

Corbyn landslide... on 13:23 - Mar 6 by acejack3065

link em up tramp. I'm intrigued.

What no comment on the link ?

Same old England, same old right wing unionist parties, same old Labour and Tories.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Corbyn landslide... on 12:15 - Mar 7 with 1497 viewsKerouac

Corbyn landslide... on 13:32 - Mar 6 by trampie

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/22/scottish-referendum-vote-riggin

Same old England, always cheating is a chant often heard.

FFS!

Have you even read that article?

Conspiracy f*cking nut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Corbyn landslide... on 12:43 - Mar 7 with 1483 viewsacejack3065

Corbyn landslide... on 12:15 - Mar 7 by Kerouac

FFS!

Have you even read that article?

Conspiracy f*cking nut.

thanks for bumping that Kerouac. I wasn't ignoring Trampie, just missed his post. Will have a read and report back shortly.
Corbyn landslide... on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 1478 viewsacejack3065

Corbyn landslide... on 11:17 - Mar 7 by trampie

What no comment on the link ?

Same old England, same old right wing unionist parties, same old Labour and Tories.

One photo of a ballot in the wrong pile which was then explained anyway as having not been verified.

Is that all you have? Well I must say I'm disappointed.
Corbyn landslide... on 12:52 - Mar 7 with 1471 viewstrampie

Corbyn landslide... on 12:47 - Mar 7 by acejack3065

One photo of a ballot in the wrong pile which was then explained anyway as having not been verified.

Is that all you have? Well I must say I'm disappointed.

There is lots out there different videos different locations, same old England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024