Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International football 10:33 - Mar 5 with 5298 viewsLoyal

Haven't missed it, have grown not to like it, its a distraction we don't need, ok Euros in France were a bit of fun but overall if they cancelled everything I would be happy. I see the seasons bad start as one of the factors for being so shit. and clement, but I had faith when all around didn't. That aside international football is a burden Eric.
Too many missed Saturday's at the start, and by fck they are on the horizon again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

International football on 22:24 - Mar 5 with 1702 viewsBrynCartwright

International football on 15:22 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Who's Eric?

It's obviously Eric the Half a Bee..

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

International football on 07:59 - Mar 6 with 1661 viewsturkontour

The great debate, again......
Anyway, don't forget, us Swans don't follow Wales away
See you all in Denmark
International football on 11:44 - Mar 6 with 1621 viewsblaenaugwentjack

I only managed to get to the game in paris for euro 16 and, after a nightmare journey it was still probably my best football experience.
International football on 12:13 - Mar 6 with 1607 viewsLeonWasGod

International football on 20:51 - Mar 5 by JBT95

Does it have to be a choice?

My main thing is international football as everybody knows. It's a big part of me. There's no money involved and I think it's great.

When we beat Huddersfield in October I was very low after the ROI defeat, and I didn't take much pleasure from that Swansea win tbh.

Did you seriously just say there's no money involved in international football? Fifa made $15bn off the last World Cup http://uk.businessinsider.com/fifa-brazil-world-cup-revenue-2015-3. And the corruption is hardly a secret..

Nothing wrong with liking international footie more, but it's certainly not a paragon of financial virtue.
International football on 18:09 - Mar 6 with 1554 viewsLoyal

International football on 15:22 - Mar 5 by builthjack

Who's Eric?

Burden .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

International football on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 1554 viewsLoyal

International football on 20:17 - Mar 5 by Neath_Jack

Indeed we do differ, as do many, many others. Some will agree, some won't.

My main problem is that i cannot bring myself to be in the company of ccfc fans at a football match. Mix that with alcohol, and it doesn't end well. I am that bitter and twisted about them. Away from football and i've no problem with them at all. I have no problem with their city, in fact, it's slowly becoming a fantastic place. They still have terrible accents mind.

Very conspicious by their low profiles in France.

International football on 19:45 - Mar 6 with 1517 viewsJBT95

International football on 12:13 - Mar 6 by LeonWasGod

Did you seriously just say there's no money involved in international football? Fifa made $15bn off the last World Cup http://uk.businessinsider.com/fifa-brazil-world-cup-revenue-2015-3. And the corruption is hardly a secret..

Nothing wrong with liking international footie more, but it's certainly not a paragon of financial virtue.

As in for the players, there's no transfers etc, they are motivated by the shirt.
International football on 20:26 - Mar 6 with 1505 viewsbyron

International football on 18:12 - Mar 6 by Loyal

Very conspicious by their low profiles in France.

Lol....every man and his dog went....

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

International football on 20:31 - Mar 6 with 1499 viewsbuilthjack

International football on 11:44 - Mar 6 by blaenaugwentjack

I only managed to get to the game in paris for euro 16 and, after a nightmare journey it was still probably my best football experience.

The Welsh in Paris could have filled the ground twice. Everywhere.
They think taking 20,000 over for the rugby is good, but there were 5 times as many.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International football on 21:02 - Mar 6 with 1477 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 20:31 - Mar 6 by builthjack

The Welsh in Paris could have filled the ground twice. Everywhere.
They think taking 20,000 over for the rugby is good, but there were 5 times as many.

For a bit of balance, the rugby team plays there every other year.

The Euro's was a once in a lifetime occasion.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

International football on 21:05 - Mar 6 with 1474 viewsbuilthjack

International football on 21:02 - Mar 6 by Neath_Jack

For a bit of balance, the rugby team plays there every other year.

The Euro's was a once in a lifetime occasion.

Yes, would be boring playing the same teams every year. I guess that's why the turnout is poor.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

International football on 21:14 - Mar 6 with 1468 viewsNeath_Jack

International football on 21:05 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Yes, would be boring playing the same teams every year. I guess that's why the turnout is poor.

Does it matter how many go to a Wales game, be it football or rugby? Same goes for numbers attending Swans games, whats the fascination with it, genuine question? Those lot up the road are obsessed with attendances as well. Weird.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

International football on 21:15 - Mar 6 with 1463 viewsphact0rri

For me, there is something special about watching the national team. A collective spirit of national pride or something.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

International football on 21:21 - Mar 6 with 1457 viewsmajorraglan

I enjoy club and international football and if I had to choose between the 2 it would be the Wales, if I am being honest I feel a little bit of a disconnect with Swansea City after all that’s gone on. That’s said, I can’t see why people can’t get equal pleasure from both. I also enjoyed rugby, and for me it’s Club before country in that sport.

Went away to watch Wales in the 80s and 90’s and the inter club animosity did my head in with Welsh fans constantly looking for bother between each other. On 1 trip to Belgium it got so bad we left the place we were staying and went off to another town for a few days leaving the hotel we’d paid for.

Was out in France for the last bit of the group stages of the Euros, we stayed at a camp site outside Toulouse where there were quite a few other Welsh fans. Lots of Cardiff there, most of them were really tidy and we got on ok, but there were a few older jerks giving it large. They guessed/knew we were Swansea but left us be,maybe because we had kids with us. We didn’t advertise any club allegiance because of the jerks and the fact they were drinking copious amounts of cheep booze which made them a tad unpredictable.

I would love the chance to travel to watch more away games with Wales, but that’s not an option at the moment.
International football on 21:36 - Mar 6 with 1446 viewsbuilthjack

International football on 21:14 - Mar 6 by Neath_Jack

Does it matter how many go to a Wales game, be it football or rugby? Same goes for numbers attending Swans games, whats the fascination with it, genuine question? Those lot up the road are obsessed with attendances as well. Weird.

16,176 at Cardiff.

International football on 01:09 - Mar 7 with 1401 viewsLoyal

International football on 21:21 - Mar 6 by majorraglan

I enjoy club and international football and if I had to choose between the 2 it would be the Wales, if I am being honest I feel a little bit of a disconnect with Swansea City after all that’s gone on. That’s said, I can’t see why people can’t get equal pleasure from both. I also enjoyed rugby, and for me it’s Club before country in that sport.

Went away to watch Wales in the 80s and 90’s and the inter club animosity did my head in with Welsh fans constantly looking for bother between each other. On 1 trip to Belgium it got so bad we left the place we were staying and went off to another town for a few days leaving the hotel we’d paid for.

Was out in France for the last bit of the group stages of the Euros, we stayed at a camp site outside Toulouse where there were quite a few other Welsh fans. Lots of Cardiff there, most of them were really tidy and we got on ok, but there were a few older jerks giving it large. They guessed/knew we were Swansea but left us be,maybe because we had kids with us. We didn’t advertise any club allegiance because of the jerks and the fact they were drinking copious amounts of cheep booze which made them a tad unpredictable.

I would love the chance to travel to watch more away games with Wales, but that’s not an option at the moment.

Was with hundreds of jacks down south in france. Flags all around. You must have been in the wrong street 😂

International football on 08:30 - Mar 7 with 1362 viewsbyron

Good and bad everywhere, like you said, many decent bluebirds out there and plenty who just went that don’t really follow football for that once in a lifetime gig.

Benny

International football on 17:05 - Mar 7 with 1315 viewsmalagajack

Stayed in that campsite too, met a few other Jacks, no probs at all there in fact a great crack in the bar the night before the Russia game.
International football on 18:35 - Mar 7 with 1281 viewsmajorraglan

International football on 17:05 - Mar 7 by malagajack

Stayed in that campsite too, met a few other Jacks, no probs at all there in fact a great crack in the bar the night before the Russia game.

Place on the lake at Thoux?
International football on 20:26 - Mar 7 with 1244 viewsmalagajack

International football on 18:35 - Mar 7 by majorraglan

Place on the lake at Thoux?

Camping le rupe, the camper conked out in Dordogne (cylinder head), so borrowed a tent and car from family who live in Dordogne.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 20:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024