Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs for saturday 20:50 - Mar 6 with 3661 viewsPJackArmy

Where is everybody heading?

We've chosen the crown hotel as it is the only away fan friendly pub we can see that will have the early kick off on and doesnt just sell real ale like most.
Pubs for saturday on 20:52 - Mar 6 with 3652 viewsbuilthjack

Slubbers Arms for mans beer.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pubs for saturday on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 3639 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 20:52 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Bloody hell builthy you have given the game away matey
Pubs for saturday on 21:05 - Mar 6 with 3608 viewsGlyn1

I'll be there with my autograph book.

And lots of thanks to perchrockjack for recommending a place to stay.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Pubs for saturday on 21:05 - Mar 6 with 3603 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs for saturday on 21:05 - Mar 6 by Glyn1

Where you staying Glyn?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pubs for saturday on 21:06 - Mar 6 with 3602 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 21:05 - Mar 6 by Glyn1

Get in the queue glyn
Pubs for saturday on 21:07 - Mar 6 with 3599 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs for saturday on 20:55 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Bloody hell builthy you have given the game away matey

Pubs for saturday on 21:42 - Mar 6 with 3549 viewsstevethejack

I'm staying at Cambridge Hotel with 3 others, 5 staying at Premier Inn.
Pubs for saturday on 21:53 - Mar 6 with 3513 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 21:07 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Is that you and perch
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs for saturday on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 3494 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pubs for saturday on 20:52 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Ah the Slubbers !
I loved that place. Real Ale. Old bits of electronic memorabilia everywhere and only one item of food on the menu. Cold Pork pie with hot mushy peas poured over the top with a splash of vinegar to finish it off.
I hope it hasn't changed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pubs for saturday on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 3487 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 22:02 - Mar 6 by Private_Partz

Ah the Slubbers !
I loved that place. Real Ale. Old bits of electronic memorabilia everywhere and only one item of food on the menu. Cold Pork pie with hot mushy peas poured over the top with a splash of vinegar to finish it off.
I hope it hasn't changed.

So do i PP

The eldest will have already gone through his nosebag
Pubs for saturday on 22:21 - Mar 6 with 3461 viewsFieryJack

Slubbers Arms is a great pub - especially the tiny, pointed front room.

It used to have various pieces of mill paraphernalia hanging up inside - ancient, wooden clocking-on machines etc.

Used to sometimes sit in there of a saturday evening drinking proper beer (Taylors Landlord or Golden Best) looking at the traffic passing on the Bradford Road.

Took me a while to realize that the scantily-dressed women striding around the area were actually "working girls" and not women waiting for their boyfriends.

Think they've long gone now.

Be aware, though, that the Slubbers is quite small, and if there's 30+ people in it will be standing room only, and a pain getting served.

There'll be a few Hudders fans in, obviously, but they'll be of the middle-aged, sensible, Real Ale type blokes. Not a ruffians pub, which is a bit odd considering that the area around it is pretty poor and rough, and now largely Asian.

I'd bet a week's wages that most of the people who drink there actually live miles away from the place and get taxis or buses in - a so-called "destination" pub, rather than a local.

Sadly, most of the other pubs in the area (Birkby), have shut down in the last ten years.

The Armitage Arms, in a back street, 5 mins away, might still be open - a very basic, spit and sawdust pub, no real ale, probably just John Smiths and Carling, cheap as chips and rough as a badger's ar*e - if you fancy it.

Wouldn't bother with the Crown Hotel, myself.

Head of Steam pub on the station platform is a better place, but then again I'm not sure if it has football on the TV.
Pubs for saturday on 22:28 - Mar 6 with 3448 viewsPJackArmy

Why not? Done our research and seems to be the best bet for away fans that want to watch the early kick off (man u vs liverpool), drink normal drink (not ale) or eat and then move on after the early kick off to a pub by the ground such as the rope walk.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 22:28]
Pubs for saturday on 22:30 - Mar 6 with 3433 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs for saturday on 22:28 - Mar 6 by PJackArmy

Why not? Done our research and seems to be the best bet for away fans that want to watch the early kick off (man u vs liverpool), drink normal drink (not ale) or eat and then move on after the early kick off to a pub by the ground such as the rope walk.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 22:28]

Man u v liverpool doesnt interest me. I am there to watch the swans.

Pubs for saturday on 22:37 - Mar 6 with 3425 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 22:30 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Is the correct answer
Pubs for saturday on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 3403 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs for saturday on 21:53 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Is that you and perch

Hell no, he only drinks champagne

Pubs for saturday on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 3392 viewsFireboy2

Pubs for saturday on 22:46 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Hell no, he only drinks champagne

Chin Chin
Pubs for saturday on 06:23 - Mar 7 with 3291 viewsPJackArmy

Not really im a football fan so regardless of who the early kick off was it interests me to watch it. Any real football fan will watch any football, T*at.
Pubs for saturday on 12:18 - Mar 7 with 3140 viewsherefordaway

Town fan here having a browse.Saw the pub thing.Crown is an average Town/City centre pub,good for sport and has normal and real ales with cheap pub food.Lots of Town fans but you'll be ok.Its not a hotel and near station.
Slubbers not changed an inch.Same dust too.
Head of steam and Kings Head(real ale place)both at station are ok
If you are a real ale fan the Magic Rock is the in place,steel,concrete,see brewing vats etc. all real ale and craft though.Its 5 minutes walk from Slubbers
Rope walk is at the ground and queues to get in often.
Yorkshire Rose is ok,between Slubbers and the ground.
Only the Crown of the above shows football.
Wouldn't bother with the Vulcan in town centre if you come across it.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 12:43]
Pubs for saturday on 12:23 - Mar 7 with 3124 viewsSwanjaxs

Pubs for saturday on 22:30 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Harsh to be honest, I've no allegiance to either Man United or Liverpool, but if I had a choice of two pubs, one with the game or one without the game I'd obviously go to the pub with.... regardless who's playing
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 12:27]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pubs for saturday on 07:44 - Mar 8 with 2855 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs for saturday on 12:18 - Mar 7 by herefordaway

Town fan here having a browse.Saw the pub thing.Crown is an average Town/City centre pub,good for sport and has normal and real ales with cheap pub food.Lots of Town fans but you'll be ok.Its not a hotel and near station.
If you are a real ale fan the Magic Rock is the in place,steel,concrete,see brewing vats etc. all real ale and craft though.Its 5 minutes walk from Slubbers

Plenty of choice then

Pubs for saturday on 14:15 - Mar 8 with 2735 viewsLoyal

Pubs for saturday on 12:18 - Mar 7 by herefordaway

I'm pleased to know we will be ok 😂👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Pubs for saturday on 14:52 - Mar 8 with 2696 viewsyettonterrier

Try the Magic Rock brewery just round the corner from the Slubbers. You'll love it if your into real ale. Enjoy the stay
Pubs for saturday (n/t) on 15:56 - Mar 8 with 2662 viewsFieryJack

Pubs for saturday on 14:52 - Mar 8 by yettonterrier

Try the Magic Rock brewery just round the corner from the Slubbers. You'll love it if your into real ale. Enjoy the stay

Pubs for saturday on 15:57 - Mar 8 with 2661 viewsFieryJack

Pubs for saturday on 18:33 - Mar 8 with 2541 viewsbuilthjack

Sounds a good place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024