Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Air 13:02 - Mar 7 with 5653 viewsmagicdaps10

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/ryanair-boss-threatens-ground-planes-expose-br

What is peoples views on this?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ryan Air on 13:12 - Mar 7 with 3887 viewssquarebear

Initial reaction is it’s more relevant to the non-football forum ;)

The people who have commented on this article are quite scary.
Ryan Air on 13:23 - Mar 7 with 3861 viewsHighjack

Absolutely ridiculous man with a horrible company.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ryan Air on 13:23 - Mar 7 with 3860 viewsSwanzay

Its just his way of getting more free publicity for Ryanair...
Ryan Air on 13:26 - Mar 7 with 3853 viewsWhiterockin

Simple, those who voted leave boycott his company.
Ryan Air on 13:27 - Mar 7 with 3852 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If he's against Brexit along with Blair, Obama and Wee Jimmy Krankie then I'm all for it.

He may have no option but to ground planes as his pilots f*cking hate him and are on the brink of striking anyway. What a clever PR move

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Air on 13:32 - Mar 7 with 3837 viewsLord_Bony

Who does he think he is the daft tw@t.

Someone else would fill the gap in a heartbeat.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ryan Air on 13:40 - Mar 7 with 3801 viewsmagicdaps10

Sorry i put it on Football board, done in error.

Certainly a case of any publicity!! What gets me is that any Tom Dick and Harry thinks they can comment on the UK and how we should/shouldnt do things. Say anything on how America or Ireland should be run as a Brit, see how they respond to that!

Ground them i say, see how long he will last. It baffles me how these pillocks thinks that the world is just going to end when we eventually leave.

Ryan Air on 13:41 - Mar 7 with 3794 viewslifelong

They’ve got some odd policies when you book flights with them, flew out and back with them to Tenerife recently from Cardiff.
After booking and paying for flights they ask you if you want to sit together, if the answer is yes then you pay extra, they allow you to carry hand luggage up to 10kg, if you want to take that into the cabin you have to have priority boarding which means you pay extra. You can still take up to 10kgs of hand luggage but that is tagged at the check in and you leave it at the aircraft steps and it is placed in the hold for free.
Loads of people don’t pay the extra to sit together and it is like musical chairs before take off and you end up sitting together anyway.
Speaking to some apartment receptionists in Tenerife and they say that after Brexit they will no longer be taking direct bookings from members of the public in the UK, any bookings made must be through a travel agent which will obviously increase the price.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Air on 14:03 - Mar 7 with 3732 viewsjack_lord

Ryan Air on 13:32 - Mar 7 by Lord_Bony

Who does he think he is the daft tw@t.

Someone else would fill the gap in a heartbeat.

He is trying to make the point that UK planes would not be able to have the freedom that they have enjoyed but I doubt this would actually happen.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ryan Air on 14:06 - Mar 7 with 3729 viewsHighjack

Ryan Air on 14:03 - Mar 7 by jack_lord

He is trying to make the point that UK planes would not be able to have the freedom that they have enjoyed but I doubt this would actually happen.

Yep I imagine the Spanish, Greek, Cypriots, Portugese etc would not be very happy if the EU stopped millions of pissed up northerners spending lots of money in their resorts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Ryan Air on 14:17 - Mar 7 with 3692 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Air on 14:03 - Mar 7 by jack_lord

I posted a link yesterday to this article in the FT - https://www.ft.com/content/9461157c-1f97-11e8-9efc-0cd3483b8b80

It'll be behind a paywall, so the crux of it is below. Note that the hope is that this will be sorted out, but it shows what the airlines will be up against (this is just for the US). If it gets sorted it sounds like there will be impacts on customers even if only in the short term. There will be lots of things like this to sort out and whilst there will be a lot of posturing from the likes of O'Leary, it must also be a right pain in the butt for them.

-----------
US offers UK inferior open skies deal after Brexit
Secret talks cut short after Washington proposes standard deal on transatlantic rights

The US is offering Britain a worse “open skies” deal after Brexit than it had as an EU member, in a negotiating stance that would badly hit the transatlantic operating rights of British Airways and Virgin Atlantic.

Negotiators are confident of an eventual agreement to keep open the busy UK-US routes, which account for more than a third of current transatlantic flight traffic. But there are legal and political obstacles that could impede the two sides from reaching a deal in time to give legal certainty to airlines booking flights a year in advance.
Ryan Air on 14:21 - Mar 7 with 3684 viewsAguycalledJack

What a load of bollocks. He had to cancel flights last year as pilots went on strike and he can see that the same is going to happen again.

Blokes a chunt of the highest order.
Ryan Air on 18:09 - Mar 7 with 3440 viewsDewi1jack

Ryan air when it started was a competition between the punter and the airline.
See the advert Barca for £10 e/w and try and get as close to it as was humanly possible
When the rule was "take on the plane what you can carry on your back/ in your hand but not wheeled" we were lobbing the girls and our clothes in Bergens (about 40-50 kgs!!)
Get off at Figueres or Roses airport for Barcelona (about 50- 100 kms away?)
Buy your food n drink at the airport- fughim

Now the Boggie airline adds that many charges on, a lot of the time it's cheaper just to jump on a proper airline and not hear ideas about standing up/ pay for the loo/ flights to the city they say they're going to- Ryan air about an hrs drive away!!!

Watch him whine if everyone stops using his sh1te service

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ryan Air on 20:15 - Mar 7 with 3297 viewsKilkennyjack

He is trying to protect his business.

Brexit is barking mad. Fact.

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Air on 20:42 - Mar 7 with 3256 viewsDewi1jack

Ryan Air on 20:15 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

And your proof " Strict burden of proof here. Proof beyond reasonable doubt" of your guessed / assumed/ made up for the hellovit fact?
Fortune teller are you or what?

There are no "facts" whatsoever that Brexit is going to succeed or fail either way.
Only scaremongering from both sides or people scared of the unknown.
Which are you?

It's done.
let's get it sorted rather than trying for "best of three" or until the minority win.

Back on track.
Who gives a flying fuk if a Dublin owned and based airline succeeds or fails anyway?
The good staff he has in the UK will get jobs elsewhere.

And the bad ones can go live in Dublin

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ryan Air on 20:44 - Mar 7 with 3245 viewsAmbergambler

Couldn't get past the photo!!
Ryan Air on 22:04 - Mar 7 with 3136 viewsKilkennyjack

Ryan Air on 20:42 - Mar 7 by Dewi1jack

And your proof " Strict burden of proof here. Proof beyond reasonable doubt" of your guessed / assumed/ made up for the hellovit fact?
Fortune teller are you or what?

There are no "facts" whatsoever that Brexit is going to succeed or fail either way.
Only scaremongering from both sides or people scared of the unknown.
Which are you?

It's done.
let's get it sorted rather than trying for "best of three" or until the minority win.

Back on track.
Who gives a flying fuk if a Dublin owned and based airline succeeds or fails anyway?
The good staff he has in the UK will get jobs elsewhere.

And the bad ones can go live in Dublin

Its not over.

People will stop Brexit if we can force a second vote - or we will simply join once again at a future point. Just need the old Brexiteers to go meet their maker, or the other place - and our young pro Europeans will sort it.

This is just the start.

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Air on 22:34 - Mar 7 with 3111 viewsHighjack

Ryan Air on 20:15 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

Trying to protect his business by ceasing trade, pissing off customers and generally engineering a PR disaster?

Ryan Air on 05:35 - Mar 8 with 2996 viewsicecoldjack

Well i know that Norweigan air shuttle stole about 140 pilots from them last year, causing Ryanair to bullsh1t to the media that they got holiday rotas wrong. The bloke is an utter slime bag .

Why would anyone fly with an airline that pays its pilots and first officers such low money that all they think about while flying the plane is looking for the next job. "Meanwhile, the fatigue of flying for Ryanair is quite real. When I was there, I was regularly sent out of my base to fly on my days off, and without pay — to distant Ryanair bases that had a staffing shortage. I would take connecting flights and sometimes overnight layovers to arrive (hotel paid by me, and not reimbursed). Once there, I would report for duty, fly a heavy flight schedule for five consecutive days, then face the arduous journey back to my home base. If it was summer, I’d usually have only three days back at home before embarking on another such trip. It was a soul-destroying experience.

Some of Ryanair’s pilots are employees of the company, on Irish contracts; but most are not. The airline uses a clever scheme to mask most of its pilots as “independent service providers”. These “contractors” wear the same uniform, have the same company ID and fly the same general schedule as employee pilots do, but are employees of no one"

I don't fly with them ever, basically because of so many horror stories i've heard from pilots, it's no great loss if they drop off the map .

What ever happens with Brexit, people need to also realise the UK is an economic power,so is not the lame duck the media suggests it is, Spain has about 15% of it's GDP directly related to British tourists and other EU countries like Germany also depend heavily on UK sales, it will be a cluster fook for everyone and the EU will go out of it's way to hurt the UK but the vote has been made and people need to stand by that and move forward not winge and try and change the result.
Ryan Air on 07:41 - Mar 8 with 2917 viewsmagicdaps10

Ryan Air on 22:04 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

Its not over.

People will stop Brexit if we can force a second vote - or we will simply join once again at a future point. Just need the old Brexiteers to go meet their maker, or the other place - and our young pro Europeans will sort it.

This is just the start.

The nation has spoken and its going too happen.

The country will carry on after it. Be it a in or a out.....no one knows if it will work out good or bad.

Both need each other just as bad so all this cat and mouse is just a game of poker. For me, there will be an initial few years of uncertainty but in the long run the only losers will be.....the smaller countries within the EU.

Ryan Air on 08:55 - Mar 8 with 2854 viewsLord_Bony

Well if I was the Minister of Transport I would retaliate with any tarrifs the E U impose with similar on their airlines coming into the U.K.

Can you imagine the extra revenue from Heathrow and Gatwick airports alone?

The extra revenue raised to be ploughed back into the civil aviation industry not the government coffers.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Ryan Air on 09:05 - Mar 8 with 2839 viewspikeypaul

Ryanair are a complete scum company and they will say anything if it earns them extra income,it's all in their game .

Their pilots are leaving in droves forcing Ryanair to cancel 100s of flights with BS about a rota mix up,they then lied to customers about their rights but were later forced by the CAA to come clean which they then did with their tails between their legs.

The vast majority of their profits come from flights to and from the UK and if they want out they can just FO out. But in reality we all know they won't .

There are plenty of airlines desperate to take very valuable airport slots up.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 9:08]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ryan Air on 09:13 - Mar 8 with 2810 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Air on 08:55 - Mar 8 by Lord_Bony

Well if I was the Minister of Transport I would retaliate with any tarrifs the E U impose with similar on their airlines coming into the U.K.

Can you imagine the extra revenue from Heathrow and Gatwick airports alone?

The extra revenue raised to be ploughed back into the civil aviation industry not the government coffers.

Thats a great idea Lord

But would that money be passed down to us the consumers?

I think not
Ryan Air on 09:19 - Mar 8 with 2797 viewsBobby_Fischer

Ryan Air on 09:13 - Mar 8 by Fireboy2

Thats a great idea Lord

I think not

It would probably need to be used to plug the hole in the amount we'd lose in tourism revenues.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Ryan Air on 09:20 - Mar 8 with 2794 viewsLord_Bony

Ryan Air on 09:13 - Mar 8 by Fireboy2

Thats a great idea Lord

I think not

Well I would pressure the Fokkers to keep the air fares down,indeed sir.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024